snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Business Bytes » Picturepage Search

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Picturepage Search
Van Couver
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Van Couver   E-mail Van Couver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As my brother is currently in search for a page with free sample pictures. i.e to the Topics Fitness and Fasion. I though that maybe some of you might be able to help.

What I need is a page with free pictures which can also be used on a commercial Webpage. The need of reference links is okay. But pictures should be free.

Thanks for any help and links you might know

--------------------
FAMILY(n): Where the term insane is a RELATIVE term //Threadkiller: Watch this line.....it might be the last on this topic........

Posts: 2146 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SkyeTisTheSeasonWynters
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SkyeTisTheSeasonWynters     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You may want to google such terms as "public domain photos", "royalty free photos" and other terms that mean similar.

I had the same problem before I set up an ecommerce website. You MUST read the rules though. Of every one I found, they all stated that you may not use ANY identifiable photo (i.e. facial photo) on a commerce website.

My website team ended up using stock photography (professional photos), and making sure they could be used in commercial purposes - but the photos were $75 dollars a pop.

Also, if you buy clipart/real photos on CD from the store, READ the EULA - I bought $20 software and had to return it because it couldn't be used commercially!

If you need anymore help, feel free to PM.

Have fun and hope you find what you're looking for [Smile]

SW

--------------------
Peter: You better watch who you're calling a child Lois, because if I'm a child, that makes you a pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and be lectured by a pervert

Posts: 354 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages