snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » I hate my life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I hate my life
ASL
We Three Blings

Icon 501 posted      Profile for ASL   E-mail ASL   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate my life. I hate my job (the Navy), I hate where I live (Japan), I hate the dumb NFBSKing bastards who didn't get my bags onto the airplane in Atlanta, I hate the dumb NFBSKing woman at the counter at Narita who couldn't understand the fact that I had to work on the Christmas and couldn't be home all morning to wait for my bags to get here. I hate this entire cold, rainy, stinking island and every damn rainy season it goes through. I'm not too kean on the other ones either. I hate having to train and be in a constant state of readiness just so we can never do a damn thing. Just so we can NFBSKing sit here and wait just in case North Korea invades South Korea or China invades Taiwan, or Indonesia just sinks into the ocean inexplicably. I hate all those little bastards in the states who spend one year out of every two dicking around in port in a piss poor state of training and then after a few months of training get to go out and actually do something. I hate each and everyone NFBSKing sailor that we've ever tried to keep from pissing his life away and has gone and done it anyway. I hate that the last year and a half have been a total burn. I hate that the next year is going to be a total burn, and then the year after that, and the year after that. I hate the dumb NFBSKing bastard who thought it would be a good idea not to train Junior Officers and thought that 4 months of classroom training ashore could be replaced by a buggy computer CD to be completed on ships that don't even have enough computers available for the people who need to do REAL work, who thought he could send officers into the fleet with less training than a deck seaman. I hate my first stupid Captain who didn't think we deserved to be officers and who didn't feel the need to actually train us himself. I hate that all the ambition and desire that I had two years ago has been pissed away. I hate the fact that I'm going to leave here for good in 4 months and that I'm not proud of a single damn thing I've done out here.

--------------------
"Dear Lord, please protect this rockethouse and all who dwell within..."

Posts: 1093 | From: Japan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, er... happy holidays.

Many many people in Asia benefit greatly from the hard work of US service men and women. Being one these people, I'd just like to say: Thank you.

I hope you have an excellent 2007.

Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As a former member of that club (two years in Taiwan), thanks from me too!

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not in Asia, but I appreciate your service. I hope things get better for you when you're out of there.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
2ys4u
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ys4u     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You could bring me back a Silvia or a Skyline GTR! [Big Grin]

Keep yer chin up. There has to be some beauty over there. You don't have to be involved in a war to have to be proud to be in the service.

You should be proud of yourself.

--------------------
"Guns and butter."

Posts: 966 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ASL, my fiance would appreciate a Skyline GTR as well!

I'm sorry things seem to be going so crappily for you. ((((Dry Hugs)))) from Minnesota headed your way!

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
beaver_slayer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaver_slayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ASL, please check the "Real world" thread - I have a message for you there. I hope it can help. At least, it's the best I can come up with...
Posts: 246 | From: Toronto, ON / Kyiv, Ukraine | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, you clearly are making a sacrifice, and those things you hate are not something you have any control over. What you are giving to the rest of us is not diminished by these things - and from the stories I hear of the service, what you describe is kinda SOP anyway.

I thank you and hope that in time your life will be more under your own control and the way you want it to be.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
8Asahi8
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8Asahi8   E-mail 8Asahi8   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know why you're complaining about Japan's seasons. Japan has FOUR distinct seasons. You may be having a hard time with this because where you are from doesn't have four seasons. Japan is the only place that has four distinct seasons.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8 | From: Fukushima, Japan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 8Asahi8:
I don't know why you're complaining about Japan's seasons. Japan has FOUR distinct seasons. You may be having a hard time with this because where you are from doesn't have four seasons. Japan is the only place that has four distinct seasons.

[lol]
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ASL:
I hate my life. I hate my job (the Navy), I hate where I live (Japan), I hate the dumb NFBSKing bastards who didn't get my bags onto the airplane in Atlanta, I hate the dumb NFBSKing woman at the counter at Narita who couldn't understand the fact that I had to work on the Christmas and couldn't be home all morning to wait for my bags to get here. I hate this entire cold, rainy, stinking island and every damn rainy season it goes through. I'm not too kean on the other ones either. I hate having to train and be in a constant state of readiness just so we can never do a damn thing. Just so we can NFBSKing sit here and wait just in case North Korea invades South Korea or China invades Taiwan, or Indonesia just sinks into the ocean inexplicably. I hate all those little bastards in the states who spend one year out of every two dicking around in port in a piss poor state of training and then after a few months of training get to go out and actually do something. I hate each and everyone NFBSKing sailor that we've ever tried to keep from pissing his life away and has gone and done it anyway. I hate that the last year and a half have been a total burn. I hate that the next year is going to be a total burn, and then the year after that, and the year after that. I hate the dumb NFBSKing bastard who thought it would be a good idea not to train Junior Officers and thought that 4 months of classroom training ashore could be replaced by a buggy computer CD to be completed on ships that don't even have enough computers available for the people who need to do REAL work, who thought he could send officers into the fleet with less training than a deck seaman. I hate my first stupid Captain who didn't think we deserved to be officers and who didn't feel the need to actually train us himself. I hate that all the ambition and desire that I had two years ago has been pissed away. I hate the fact that I'm going to leave here for good in 4 months and that I'm not proud of a single damn thing I've done out here.

Yeah, but apart from that, ASL, how's it going?
Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Myshkin
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myshkin     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, at least you have, or had at one time, ambition and self-esteem.

I think I'm the anti-ASL. I love everything about my life except the fact that I'm in it.

It's a meta-hatred, of sorts.

Happy Post-Boxing Day.

Posts: 741 | From: Big Bend, Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Errata
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 8Asahi8:

[Big Grin]

[Confused]
Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages