snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » NFBSKing Atari NWN2 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NFBSKing Atari NWN2
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I had to reinstall the OS,
Honestly, I noticed its not bad to reinstall the OS now and then. Windows simply becomes clogged up after a while and slows down. A complete wipe and reinstall improves the performance.

At least thats my opinion.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo:
Trollface, I'm afraid but a Geforce MX is simply obsolete.

I know, but yet Half Life 2: Episode One plays brilliantly. And the card's only about 18 months old.

Bloody computers. Who have 'em for a gift?

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That model of card is a lot older than 18 months. I used to have one and while it was easily a step up from my Intel, eventually the pixel shading became an issue and I had to upgrade further.

And I got that card in 2003.

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
1958Fury
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1958Fury   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo:
1958Fury... Welcome to NWN 2. This game is an equal opportunity game, it's laggy and slow no matter what system you have.

Heh, I know, I've seen the boards... Well, I've got forever to get to know NWN2; right now I'm more interested in getting NWN1's toolset working again. If I don't provide my players with regular updates, they get bored and start exploring other servers.

--------------------
I believe I'm growing skeptical of cynicism.
Myspace NWN Board

Posts: 917 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I meant that my one was 18 months old.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
gnome
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gnome   E-mail gnome   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Not_Done_Living:
Hmm.. You made an advanced purchase of hardware, to support yet to be released software, and relied on a Best Buy monkey's advice rather then going to the publishers website and verifying the supported chipsets (readily available information) and then blame the BBM for "lieing"?

You can't lie about information you don't know.

He's just a schmuck trying to sell you extended warranties.. not a wikipedia of all things games.

Blame yourself and next time do your homework.

I just wanted to add, you sure as hell can lie about information you don't know--by claiming to know.

Just because "I don't know" isn't in a typical salesman's vocabulary doesn't stop it from being a lie when they gleefully assert that their product will do what you wish it to.

In fact it is only by costing them money in returns, bad publicity, and possible legal action that anyone will cause the company to stop telling their salesmen to say "yes" to every question.

Posts: 418 | From: New Port Richey, FL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Errata
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not to mention the salesman could have perhaps sold a more expensive model with a different video card by being honest. He wasn't just confused about one specific game, he said it would play any of the new games coming out, and thats a lie, since it wouldn't even play half the games that had already come out that year.
Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Morrigan, good luck with dealing with BB.

IME, BB's customer service is the worst in the business. I want warn you that you are probably not going to get a thing from them. Because the 14 day return period has passed they will not take back the computer. Even though you know they lied about the machine's gaming capabilites, they will hold you responsible for trusting their employees and not doing your own research on the machine before you bought it. Depending on the personnel in the store (if anything like the ones around here), you may find yourself accused of making up the entire story because you are now unhappy with a machine you bought from them. Personally, BB is not interested in trying to keep unhappy customers and are unlikely to try to make you happy due to their negligence.

I hope that your experience will be better than mine was, but I hope you will forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

Hmmm...looks like I'm not the only one who dislikes Best Buy. .

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well....not much happened.

I took the game back (got full price back for it even though it was opened and installed in the said computer.)

Talked to the manager. She was upset at the salesperson, and asked us details about him. We told her what we could remember. She also told us that she'd be taking this problem (the salesperson lying) to a higher authority. That alone makes me feel a bit better.

My dad's going to buy the laptop when I get the desktop that I want. He's been wanting one, so that kind of works out.

Thanks for all the help and advice, and for being a listening ear.

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the site, vanilla. As an ex-BB employee, it's rather cathartic to hear how everyone ELSE who used to work there got kicked around as bad as I did.

Morrigan, you did what you could, and grats on getting your money back for the game.

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages