snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Passive-Aggressive Christmas Letter? Nice. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Passive-Aggressive Christmas Letter? Nice.
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Count me and my magic vagina in the curious line!

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 607 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You don't know what we can find!
Why don't you come with me little boy
On a magic carpet ride!

Dawn--think about it!--Storm

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fun with a 9mm
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fun with a 9mm   E-mail Fun with a 9mm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago, G.R.I.T.S.:
You guys are evil, wicked, mean and nasty. [lol] I want to ask something soooooooooooo bad, but I don't have the nerve. [Embarrassed] If I send somebody a PM, will somebody ask it and don't tell anybody it's me who wants to know?

I'm curious tooooo!! Ask meeeeee!

ETA: DawnStorm: How appropriate!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I'm not mean, you're just a big sissy. -Happy Bunny

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.- Verbal Kint

Trespassers will be pelted with jellyfish.- Daniel Cluley

Posts: 221 | From: Bradenton, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe Signora wants to know if the magic vagina does tricks.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I were EddyLizard, I would post the weirdest or most embarassing question I could think of. Without him having to say anything, everyone would assume it came from Signora.

But then I'm evil like that.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:

Yeah, that was it!
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
If I were EddyLizard, I would post the weirdest or most embarassing question I could think of. Without him having to say anything, everyone would assume it came from Signora.

But then I'm evil like that.

Yeah, you are. But now nobody would believe it. You should have plotted it through PMs. [lol]

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Para
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Kringle:
quote:
Originally posted by Para:
Maybe you should send the in-laws a nice sympathy card, Ms. K? "Our deepest sympathies that you're all such a NFBSKed up NFBSKing bunch of NFBSKers. The tears of a thousand baby puppies couldn't begin to fill the ocean of our sorrow that you cannot see past the end of your own collective nose, and that you cut it off to spite your own face"...

Okay, I didn't suggest that seriously, but I'm always tempted to do something like that to people like this. [lol]

Considering I spent a half an hour just FUMING, and had my best friend keep all phones away from me so I wouldn't call them while I was supremely pissed off?

Ohhhh, that is SOOOOOOOOOOO tempting.

However? I don't think they'd get it. They've honestly rewritten history in their own little, closed minds, and made it so that I am the Evil Bitch who has put a wedge between The Sainted Parents-In-Law and Their Precious Baby Boy. Not true at all, but that's how they see it.

Well, there's only one thing for it, then. Clearly, the MV needs to adopt an evil supervillain persona and start sending the in-laws evil cut-out-letter-style ransom notes expounding on its' evil exploits and how they'll never stop it, NEVER!

Getting Mr. K to pose for "hostage" pictures tied up with the current newspaper might be overkill, though.. [lol]

--------------------
"But what of the golden spider-duck and the squat crimson pig?"

Posts: 425 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cowboy Joe
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cowboy Joe   E-mail Cowboy Joe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnStorm:
You don't know what we can find!
Why don't you come with me little boy
On a magic carpet ride!

Dawn--think about it!--Storm

YOMANK and a bottle of windex for the monitor please [lol]

--------------------
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." -George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Posts: 382 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
Zor "How do I explain the MV to hubby?" ro

Would the MV really need explaining to him? Isn't that a concept he would simply get?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 218 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:

Well if you're not careful, you can pull a baby out of it in nine months! [Razz]

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyFancyPants     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You all make me feel so lucky. DH and I have no in-laws; our parents are all deceased. Maybe that's why the sex is so great. [Big Grin]

Mrs. K, regret is a funny thing, and it sneaks up on people by surprise, sometimes when it's too late. I hope that if regret finds its way to these folks, it's not too late, but I wouldn't blame either of you if it already is.

--------------------
And on the 7th day, God said, "Let there be lips!"

Posts: 296 | From: Munhall, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
Zor "How do I explain the MV to hubby?" ro

Would the MV really need explaining to him? Isn't that a concept he would simply get?
Yeah, but clearly mine is not nearly as magical as others, because none of my MV powers can make him do what he doesn't want to do.

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Single fella, ain't ya?
Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara:
quote:

Single fella, ain't ya?
Sadly, Barbara, the MV concept is completely lost on me. [lol]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NancyFancyPants:
You all make me feel so lucky. DH and I have no in-laws; our parents are all deceased. Maybe that's why the sex is so great. [Big Grin]
. . .

You're happy because your parents are dead? I don't understand.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago:
quote:
. . .

You're happy because your parents are dead? I don't understand.
My parents have been like "real" parents to my husband from the day we married (actually from well before that) so I really don't understand this mindset that "the in-laws" must be terrible people just because they are in-laws. I guess it's just that mother-in-law jokes are so ingrained in our culture, and of course, that people tend to complain loud and long (and who can blame them?) when a relationship is toxic and don't really talk about the great or at any rate benign relationships.

I'll bet there are way more situations where the in-laws all get along fairly harmoniously than there are situations like some of the ones described in this thread. At least I hope so [Eek!] .

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Christie, my parents and Mr. K get along very, very well. They love him, he loves them, and it's all good.

It's HIS parents. They are not nice people, no matter how nice I tried to be to them, they absolutely refused to be nice to me. So, I stopped trying.

They're selfish people, who want to always be in control of everyone else's lives. They do not see their son as an adult, he is merely an extension of them, and if he's not doing what THEY want him to do, then he's not worth anything to them.

By extension, because I encourage Mr. K to be his own person, and live his own life regardless of what his parents think, I am That Evil Bitch Wot Stole Our Son.

So, I don't think I could ever "win" with these people, at all, ever. They want to control us, I am of the opinion that at the ages of 31 and 37, we don't need someone telling us what to do and how to do it. They want to be able to tell us how "disappointed" they are with our choices. Ummm, no, we pay our own bills, we have a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, clothes on our backs, and don't ask you for money, you don't get to tell us how awful we are because we don't do things YOUR way.

At least they're not as bad as my ex-MIL. She's a real piece of work. She's outright mean and nasty, and doesn't care what she says to whom, and told her son that it was okay to hit me to make me fall into line, and hell, she'd hit me, too, if she thought it would work.

But yes, I don't talk about Mr. K's relationship with my parents, not very often at least, because it's a good relationship, and they don't make problems for us.

The lovely little passive-aggressive Christmas letter bothers ME because Mr. K made it a point to have me sitting in the same room, while he spoke to his father, telling him what was wrong with our relationship. And yet, his father turns around and says they have "no idea" why Mr. K cut them off? Bullshit. He knows damn good and well, he's just trying for a cheap guilt trip.

Ah well, that sort of behavior gets on my nerves no matter who does it. That they are doing it just seems to aggravate me more.

I'm waiting for Mr. K's older sister to be employed as a flying monkey. It's coming, I'm sure. And she'll be full of, "Why Can't We All Just Get Along," and "It's Not THAT Bad, You're Exaggerating," and my personal favorite, "But They're Our PARENTS, You CAN'T Not Talk To Them, They Might Die Soon!"

*sigh*

Speaking to some families is like negotiating a minefield!

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Mrs. K, regret is a funny thing, and it sneaks up on people by surprise, sometimes when it's too late. I hope that if regret finds its way to these folks, it's not too late, but I wouldn't blame either of you if it already is.

I don't know how capable they are of feeling regret. Right now, what it seems to us is that they are merely regretting that they do not have control of us and the situation they find themselves in after years of being nasty.

I can always hope that they will eventually regret being nasty to us. That I can do.

However, I still don't wish to have any part of that level of dysfunction. And at least Mr. K respects that, and doesn't want to drag it into our house.

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara:
quote:

Single fella, ain't ya?
Sadly, Barbara, the MV concept is completely lost on me. [lol]
"Wood the magic penis" doesn't have the same ring to it Canuck or I'd write you a ditty too. [Razz]

That and what the heck rhymes with "penis". Venus? Wean us? Something?

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spamamander in a pear tree:
That and what the heck rhymes with "penis". Venus? Wean us? Something?

Ream us comes close. [Eek!]

--------------------

... must... resist... urge....

--------------------

Fujicakes
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fujicakes   E-mail Fujicakes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My mother went through the same thing with her MIL (with many of my dad's siblings participating as flying monkeys) for almost 20 years. They've treated her like shit I'm pretty sure since the day they married. She wants nothing to do with them now, and now both my mom and dad ignore them. It irks the "family" not to know anything about us. They're very manipulative and inconsiderate, usually calling only when they need something. When they do call to say they're visiting, they call the very same day, or don't even call at all, as if they expect us to wait on them on command. We don't answer the phone or open the door for them anymore. They've gone as far as to knock on the side of the house just to make sure no one's home.
Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Graeybeard
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graeybeard   E-mail Graeybeard   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In that regard, I'm lucky as well. I get along fine with my MIL and my DW gets along fine with her FIL. Her father and my mother are both deceased, but from what we know, we each would have gotten along ok with all our in-laws.

GB

--------------------
"It matters not, the size of dot, what colour skin, or paper thin;
What matters more, to set the score; the heart within, and spirit kin." PLH 2006

Posts: 25 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My major problem is with my SIL. She is a control freak who has to plan every second of every day.

My MIL is nice, and usually very good to me, even though she does favor her granddaughters (who are her daughter's kids) and not her grandson's (mine). Not that I want her to have favorites, but it pisses me off that she does and is so blatant about it. Her major problem is that she's none too bright and believes just about anything. Like leukemia is contagious.

Another problem is that she (and the SIL) treat my BIL like he's 10 instead of 35. He has mental problems (I seriously believe all members of this family, including DH, have some form of mental problems, but that's another rant), but instead of encouraging him to try a different doctor, or get out of the house, they just tell him to do what he wants, which means his wife has to hold down 2 jobs so they can keep their house, since he just can't bear to go out to work. Yet he can bear to go out with his friends.

His wife and I are the "out-laws," and very proud of it.

Signora, I believe Nancy FancyPants is just stating she's relieved there's no in-law conflict since both sets of parents are deceased. I'm sure she's not happy her parents, and her husband's parents, are deceased.

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages