snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Passive-Aggressive Christmas Letter? Nice. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Passive-Aggressive Christmas Letter? Nice.
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank DOYC for Rantidote. Otherwise, I might be tempted to call my in-laws and give them a piece of my mind.

Mr. K decided to be nice, and send his parents a Christmas card. For those of you who don't know, they are cut off from us as of last year, after a long, drawn out round of nastiness, in which my MIL said that obviously I wasn't giving Mr. K his messages, in order to divert attention away from the fact that they hadn't freaking called us.

Anyway, they have not made contact with us....but they have sent Mr. K's older sister in to act as a flying monkey, and try to tell us how horrible we are, and how we should suck it up and let them treat us like crap, because they're faaaaaamily.

So, that brings us up to date thus far. We received in the mail a Christmas card, with no return address, and both of us immediately recognized Mr. K's mother's handwriting.

The card is one of those overly-glurgy "To My Son And His Family" Christmas cards. I hate sappy, but some people like it, whatever. I ignore it.

Inserted in this card, was a letter from FIL to Mr. K. I'll just touch on the high points.

In the first paragraph is the obligatory, "We Have No Idea Why You Cut Us Off." Yes, yes they do. The last time Mr. K talked to his father, he told him exactly why I refused to speak to them, after the horrible things MIL said about me and the distinct lack of an apology, and Mr. K told him that he was tired of him and his family being treated like second-class citizens by both MIL and FIL, unless they wanted something from us. Mr. K told FIL what needed to change. FIL and MIL don't want to change the dynamic, because if it had stayed as it was, they had a good thing going.

Then, there's of course the cheap guilt trip attempt, "Your Mother Said One Of The Things She Wanted For Christmas Was Her Son Back." No, she wants free labor, free transportation when she needs to go to an airport or a train station, and the ability to prove to her DIL, me, that she is much more important to him than I am.

The letter drones on and on, all about how FIL turned 60 this year, and how he wants a relationship with his son, yadda yadda yadda. Nothing about redressing the wrongs they have done against us, nothing about, "We should apologize to Ms. K, because why should they want to have a relationship with us, if we can't be nice to our son's wife?"

Nope, there's a nice little undercurrent of, "Everything Was FINE Until SHE Came Along."

Mr. K read it, and was furious. He's angry because it's a cheap guilt trip attempt, it's a play of the Death Card, and it's a blatant attempt to bring Mr. K back into line. After all, if I weren't controlling him with my magic vagina, things would be just FINE, now wouldn't they?

Me? I'm annoyed. I really hate bullshit guilt trips. I hate attempts to play the Death Card to bring faaaaaamily back into the fold. And I hate obvious attempts to rewrite history.

This has pretty well set in stone my desire to never see or speak to them again. I have no reason to want to be around people who can't be bothered to be nice to me, when I have been very nice to them, very accommodating to their desires at holidays, and always there when they needed a favor.

Mr. K is pretty well done with them himself. If he had any doubts about why he didn't send them a Christmas present, they're pretty well gone now.

And, I do believe, that may be the end of sending cards for any occasion to them ever again. If this is how they respond, by trying to shift blame so they couldn't possibly know what they did, blah blah blah, regardless of having it explained to them in excruciating detail by their own son? I'm not so sure I'm really all that interested in sending them cards. And I'm thinking Mr. K is right there with me.

So, no need for advice.....just annoyed and ranting on an otherwise lovely Christmas weekend.

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kizzcee007
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kizzcee007   E-mail kizzcee007   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some people are amazingly dense aren't they? I had a similar thing when my son Ashley was ill. The outlaws thought it was a great idea to bring him his Christmas presents with them when he was on an out patients trip to the Oncology ward. I was so gobsmacked that I couldn't tackle the incident at the time so I sent them a letter explaining how inconsiderate the gesture was. It wasn't a rude letter at all but I haven't heard from them since. They know Ashley died and still nothing from them. If I'm honest, I'm glad not to have the connection with them anymore.
Posts: 156 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cowboy Joe
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cowboy Joe   E-mail Cowboy Joe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have never understood the rationale that your family is entitled to treat you like crap and its ok.

But enough of that. Let's hear more about your magic vagina! Can it levitate? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." -George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Posts: 382 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, but from what I understand, it casts spells on Mr. K, making him do things he couldn't possibly want to do of his own volition, like refuse to speak to the NFBSKs who birthed him.

Mrs. K, I think you should write a book about the adventures of your magic vagina. Because women need a superhero to look up to, too!

Score: Magic Vagina 1 NFBSKers 0

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SiKboy
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiKboy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It sucks to have to cut family members out of your life, but sometimes its the best thing you can do. This really sounds like one of those times. I also take issue with the attitude some people have that you chould just suck it up when someone in your family does something wrong to you because they are family. The hell with that. Blood may be thicker than water, but its also harder to get out of the carpet. Speaking personally, I've not had any contact with my father in close on a decade. I always say that while you cant choose your family, you can damn sure choose who *isnt* family.

And I was going to ask about your magic vagina, but I wasnt sure if it would be going to far to ask: If you rub it does it grant 3 wishes? [Razz]

--------------------
This Space For Rent.

Posts: 210 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Threads like this are so theraputic. Just when I start to feel all melancholy over my perennial single state, someone reminds me how nice it is not to have any in-laws....

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, Ms. K, I can completely sympathize. I have no advice, but apparently your in-laws and mine are related. We haven't spoken to Mr. Roadie's mom/stepdad for, lemmesee, 4 years? Can't remember. Anyway, same situation. Mommy wants control, DH is a big boy and can control himself and he did choose the MV over mommy.

Thankfully, my other in-laws, Mr. Roadie's dad/stepmom, are terrific people who have never treated me like a daughter-in-law, simply a daughter. I love them so!

((hugs)) to you and yours!

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Anyte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anyte   E-mail Anyte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm rather grateful, at times like this, that DH's problems with his mother predate our relationship. No way she can blame my magical vagina. Anyway, I think you and your husband are right in cutting off the in-laws. I'm sorry it's that way, because good in-laws really rock. ((hugs))

--------------------
Too broke to pay attention

Posts: 452 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Lord, Mrs Kringle -- are you SURE you're not related to me?

You've just described the cheap shots my DH's family takes at us every now and again. My family isn't as frequent, but they do it too.

I'm so proud of you two for seeing it for what it is. Family is that you're born into WHEN YOU'RE LITTLE. When you're an adult, it's the family you MAKE that's important.

You've been blessed to make a family with a wonderful man. I've been similarly blessed with a wonderful man and a whole PASSEL of sisters and brothers -- not a single one of which was born to my insane family.

Family is who you CHOOSE it to be. And you've made a wonderful choice.

Lady "feeling glurgy" Moon

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Moon:

Just goes to show, every thirtieth blue moon, glurge is actually spot on.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I hate to barge in like this, but...er...isn't a Magic Vagina also a NFBSKer? [Wink]

Seriously though, what jerks.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dancing Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancing Dragon   E-mail Dancing Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
While I realize it's not exactly the same situation, I've had similar go-rounds with my parents over the subject of my sister.

Just a quick summing-up for those who haven't read it before: My sister is a mentally and emotionally abusive bitch who tried to kill me more than once and contributed to my suicide attempts as a teenager. My parents insist it was just a sibling rivalry I took too seriously.

Anyway, in recent events, my parents tried to use the guilt card to get me to go with them to visit my sister for Christmas. "She's changed a lot since she got married," they say. Well, I don't give a NFBSK how much she's changed; forgiveness may be a great virtue, but it's not free, at least not mine. I want a full apology for how she treated me before I'll have anything to do with her.

[/hijack]

Anyway Ms. K, you're doing exactly the right thing. Have a happy, in-law-free holiday.

Posts: 213 | From: Point of Rocks, MD | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think we need to add the MV to some kind of In-law Threads Lexicon. It should never be forgotten.

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeaflessMapleTree:
quote:
I hate to barge in like this, but...er...isn't a Magic Vagina also a NFBSKer? [Wink]

Seriously though, what jerks.

You are, of course, correct. But I was addressing the metaphorical properties of each, not the actions. Is this better?

Magical Vagina 1 NFBSKing InLaws 0

My, um, privates must be the counterpoint to Ms. K's: I had problems with having preterm contractions with each baby (they were considered non-productive because I didnt dilate with them, even though they were strong and steady) and one L&D nurse told me that I had "a naughty uterus but a well-behaved vagina."

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop:
Threads like this are so theraputic. Just when I start to feel all melancholy over my perennial single state, someone reminds me how nice it is not to have any in-laws....

Nonny

Yes, oh yes. I also find that my periodic attempts at dating clear up any regrets I have about being single. [Wink]

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No contact with my MIL is the one good thing about my current separation from the husband.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roadie:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Moon:

Just goes to show, every thirtieth blue moon, glurge is actually spot on.
Thank you, Roadie!

I tried to stop it before it glurged all over creation. [lol]

...so now my 14 year old read that and is going through the house yelling "GLURGE!" with the accompanying sounds and motions of someone being violently ill......

Lady "cracking up" Moon

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, the MV cannot levitate, or if it can, I am completely unaware of this little feat of magic that it can do.

According to my in-laws, my magic vagina has the power to make Mr. K abandon his poor aged mother and father (whatever), say nasty, untrue things about their relationship with him (yeah, because it could NEVER be THEIR fault with the nasty things they've said, no, no it must be the magic vagina), and cut off his REAL faaaaaamily so he can play with the magic vagina.

You know, if I could actually do that? There would be a lot of things around here I wouldn't HAVE to do, because I'd use the powers of the Magic Vagina (is that like the Magic Flute, or does this comparison make it COMPLETELY NFBSK?) to get Mr. K and Young Miss K to do all the housework!

Nope, no three wishes if you rub it, either....that's not exactly what happens, no.

I am beginning to swear that we are all related somehow, those of us with in-law problems. Good Lord, you'd think that grown up people wouldn't act that way, but I guess not. No, it seems to be all about playing the blame-shifting game, so they never have to take any responsibility for their crappy relationships with their son, their DIL, their granddaughter, and with quite a few other people. Nope, it can't POSSIBLY be THEIR fault. Noooo, it's everyone else's fault.

They also love to employ the passive-aggressive nastygram method of communication, too. I don't do passive-aggressive. Granted, I can translate it very well, having had lots of practice with various members of my own family, but Jeebus, I don't WANT to have to translate. And then be pissed because I DID figure it out.

My solution? I just refuse to engage them. They know damn good and well what went wrong. Hell, I was sitting in the same room with Mr. K as he discussed this with FIL, Mr. K made sure I was sitting here listening, so there would be no question of what he said to them, and it's just amazing. To read what FIL wrote, it's like there were two different conversations going on. Just NFBSKing amazing. So, if they know what went wrong, and they think they're going to play dumb, and whine? I'm not engaging them at ALL.

*sigh*

Merry NFBSKing Christmas?

--------------------

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is why I'm glad my in-laws are a two-day drive from where we live.

Have some sympathy **hugs** and pass the eggnog!

Frog-Mine's not magical, its evil!-Feathers

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Kringle
According to my in-laws, my magic vagina has the power to make Mr. K abandon his poor aged mother and father (whatever), say nasty, untrue things about their relationship with him (yeah, because it could NEVER be THEIR fault with the nasty things they've said, no, no it must be the magic vagina), and cut off his REAL faaaaaamily so he can play with the magic vagina.

Am I reading this correctly? Are your in-laws actually suggesting that the only reason Mr. K wants to spend time with you is because you are blessed with a vagina (magic or otherwise?) Do they not believe he can be attracted to you for any other reason (conversation, companionship etc?) and that you possess no other qualities a man could want other than a MV. If so that's a pretty sh*tty thing of them to say IMO.

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eddylizard:
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Kringle

Am I reading this correctly? Are your in-laws actually suggesting that the only reason Mr. K wants to spend time with you is because you are blessed with a vagina (magic or otherwise?) Do they not believe he can be attracted to you for any other reason (conversation, companionship etc?) and that you possess no other qualities a man could want other than a MV. If so that's a pretty sh*tty thing of them to say IMO.
Well....not necessarily in so many words.

With them? It's more the "everything was fine until SHE came along, and we know you only do what she says because you want sex" line of thinking.

It IS a pretty shitty thing to say. And if I thought that of my (hypothetical - I have a 12 year old daughter, and no other children) son's wife? I'd be ashamed of myself.

Nope, it can't possibly be because I am an intelligent woman, who offers him companionship, conversation, someone to stand up to him when he's being a bit of a bully, you know, the counterbalance to him. No, it's because I am possessed of a vagina, magic or otherwise. That's the only reason he would want to spend time with me, and that's the only reason he refuses to speak to them.

Couldn't POSSIBLY be because they are selfish, self-centered, people, who think of their son as property, instead of a person in his own right. Or because they refuse to see him as an adult, capable of making his own decisions.

Nope, it's because his wife is possessed of female genitalia.

Welcome to life with my in-laws!

--------------------

Cowboy Joe
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cowboy Joe   E-mail Cowboy Joe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My wife refused to talk to her mother for almost 2 years. When they finally got back to talking, things were much better. She actually stopped saying horrible things about other members of the family - the reason she was outcast in the first place. Sometimes these things can work out, but I don't see any need to deal with asshats, related or otherwise, who can't even respect the fact that their son loves you. It sounds as if it is their loss.

--------------------
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." -George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Posts: 382 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not discounting the need for this rant in any way, shape or form, but I did want to thank you for the following earworm which is going to haunt my Christmas...

Muff, the magic vagina
Lives between my thighs,
Controlling men with sinful lust,
Makes them sever family ties...

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spamamander in a pear tree:
I'm not discounting the need for this rant in any way, shape or form, but I did want to thank you for the following earworm which is going to haunt my Christmas...

Muff, the magic vagina
Lives between my thighs,

Little Mr K'er
Loved that rascally muff
And stayed inside between those thighs
And let it do it's stuff.

But seriously, I sympathise. My parents are the most overbearing, bigoted NFBSKwads going. Please do not approach their house if you are dark skinned, or have any homosexual tendencies. Or in any other way do not conform to their ideals of morality.

When I announced to them that I had met the Mrs. Lizard to be, it was a moment for rejoicing. Then I had to tell them she was a single parent. Light blue touch paper and run.

When the Lizardling was old enough to have language skills, I decided that I really didn't want him around people who would toss around words like 'darkie' 'coon' 'blackie' 'nigger' or 'queer'. If he grows up to be a racist homophobe so be it, but I've tried to teach him to examine the facts and make his own mind up. So I basically cut my parents out of my life, as much as possible, and although I still see them, I try to limit/eliminate his exposure to them. Although I tried to explain the situation to them, I'm sure that in ther minds 'She' was to blame.

When Mrs. L. left me a couple of years ago, their barely disguised glee was a double blow.

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Muff, the magic vagina
Lives between my thighs,

I coughed, choked, and spluttered...but I wasn't drinking anything. You get off lucky this time.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Virtually every single person posting in this thread owes me a new keyboard. [lol]

Zor "How do I explain the MV to hubby?" ro

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fun with a 9mm
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fun with a 9mm   E-mail Fun with a 9mm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"people who would toss around words like 'darkie' 'coon' 'blackie' 'nigger' or 'queer'...When Mrs. L. left me a couple of years ago, their barely disguised glee was a double blow. [/QB]

Wow! Sounds like my ex's parents!
Momma was extremely passive-aggressive and could mortally insult you while making it sound like a compliment. The old man just hated me because I was divorced and a better shot than their baaaaby-boy. [Razz]

--------------------
I'm not mean, you're just a big sissy. -Happy Bunny

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.- Verbal Kint

Trespassers will be pelted with jellyfish.- Daniel Cluley

Posts: 221 | From: Bradenton, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You guys are evil, wicked, mean and nasty. [lol] I want to ask something soooooooooooo bad, but I don't have the nerve. [Embarrassed] If I send somebody a PM, will somebody ask it and don't tell anybody it's me who wants to know?

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard

quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago, G.R.I.T.S.:
You guys are evil, wicked, mean and nasty. [lol] I want to ask something soooooooooooo bad, but I don't have the nerve. [Embarrassed] If I send somebody a PM, will somebody ask it and don't tell anybody it's me who wants to know?

Go on, I'll bite.

--------------------

smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 84 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading this thread made me realize that my in-laws could be much much worse...

...and that I wish I had a magic vagina.

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Para
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe you should send the in-laws a nice sympathy card, Ms. K? "Our deepest sympathies that you're all such a NFBSKed up NFBSKing bunch of NFBSKers. The tears of a thousand baby puppies couldn't begin to fill the ocean of our sorrow that you cannot see past the end of your own collective nose, and that you cut it off to spite your own face"...

Okay, I didn't suggest that seriously, but I'm always tempted to do something like that to people like this. [lol]

--------------------
"But what of the golden spider-duck and the squat crimson pig?"

Posts: 425 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle

quote:
Originally posted by Para:
Maybe you should send the in-laws a nice sympathy card, Ms. K? "Our deepest sympathies that you're all such a NFBSKed up NFBSKing bunch of NFBSKers. The tears of a thousand baby puppies couldn't begin to fill the ocean of our sorrow that you cannot see past the end of your own collective nose, and that you cut it off to spite your own face"...

Okay, I didn't suggest that seriously, but I'm always tempted to do something like that to people like this. [lol]

Considering I spent a half an hour just FUMING, and had my best friend keep all phones away from me so I wouldn't call them while I was supremely pissed off?

Ohhhh, that is SOOOOOOOOOOO tempting.

However? I don't think they'd get it. They've honestly rewritten history in their own little, closed minds, and made it so that I am the Evil Bitch who has put a wedge between The Sainted Parents-In-Law and Their Precious Baby Boy. Not true at all, but that's how they see it.

I could tell them, until I am blue in the face, that their own actions prompted Mr. K's cut-off. They will steadfastly deny any wrongdoing on their part, and will tell me, "Well, it must be because of YOU, and the LIES you've told him about us!"

Nope.

I have refused, especially over the last few years, to get in the middle of Mr. K's relationship with his parents. His Parents = His Problem. He sees them for who and what they are.

*sigh*

Oh, the joys....

--------------------

quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, now all of you owe me a new nose. The keyboard is fine, but damn, I was eating grapes...

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

OK, I'm not condoning such pettiness and if you say I gave you this idea, I'll deny it to my dying breath (and curse your MV on my way down), but you COULD send it anonymously (mail it to someone else to mail even, so that the postmark is not yours)! That way YOU know you sent it but they have no idea....and could never prove it to Mr. K even if they tried!

*evil laugh*

But I never gave you that idea, never!

--------------------

ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago, G.R.I.T.S.:

Go on, I'll bite.
SO curious.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages