snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Why can't I find any pants my size?! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why can't I find any pants my size?!
Maddie
Rejoice, Rejoice, I've Found the Manuel!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Maddie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I went out shopping yesterday because I needed a pair of black slacks/jeans that were cheap(ish).

I went through eleven stores trying to find a pair, because the first ten didn't have a size 0. Anywhere. I had to leave the mall before I found a pair at Kohl's.

This isn't normally a hassle with jeans, because Aeropostale has cheap jeans that fit me really well, but of course, Aeropostale doesn't have black jeans. I tried Wet Seal, but the leg was too long. All the department stores (in the mall) only had size 3, 7, 9 & 13.

I hate shopping for pants. Really. It makes me want to go to McDonald's & eat a hundred Big Macs so I can find a decent pair [Mad] .

Do any of you other snopesters have this problem? Ladies, know any stores that carry not-too- expensive slacks for petite sizes?

Mad"& this is why more then half my wardrobe is strictly t-shirts."die

--------------------
"I'm sorry for your loss. Your mother was a terribly attractive woman." - Royal Tenenbaum

Posts: 44 | From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If the only problem with a pair of pants is the length, get them hemmed.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Maddie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maddie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Too much money around Christmas, but perhaps afterwards if I'm really in a bind. I've never had anything hemmed, so I guess it's time to do something new. & if the waist is a bit too big, I guess I'm just going to have to invest in some nice belts & move along [Smile]

--------------------
"I'm sorry for your loss. Your mother was a terribly attractive woman." - Royal Tenenbaum

Posts: 44 | From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have that problem, but in the opposite - I'm 6 feet tall. Even "Tall" women's pants weren't long enough for me and even if they were at first they would shrink, no matter how I laundered them. I eventually started to buy men's because I can't stand the way they cut women's jeans these days and I can generally find the right length (and they don't seem to shrink either.

For the record, my inseam is 33 but I generally get a 32 which suits me fine.

Little "long legged" Duck

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maddie, you can also have the waist taken in. Find yourself a tailor and ask for prices. It will cost you a little more but it will be worth it to have a well fitting basic pair of black slacks.
Look for slacks instead of jeans because it is harder to alter the waist of jeans.

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My youngest niece is a size zero and she never seems to have any problems. If anything the stores tend to have more zeros and twos than anything else. Especially on the sales racks. I guess your budget wouldn't include a trip up north to tour the malls of Ottawa [Wink] ?

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Maddie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maddie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, if only. Perhaps one day I will drive up to Ottawa & buy all the slacks I will ever need, & for my sister too, who is a 00 short [Eek!] .

But for now I'll have to do with the Harrisburg malls.

--------------------

pirateslife
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pirateslife   Author's Homepage   E-mail pirateslife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My problem with jeans was always that if they fit my butt and thighs, then they were way too big at the waist (not just a little bit that could be belted, but an inch or three too big). Six years of running cross-country gave me man-killer thighs and glutes.

--------------------
If the world were logical, men would ride sidesaddle. -Mama

I won't ask "Am I weird?" because that ship sailed long ago. -Kahuna Burger

Posts: 394 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LittleDuck:
I have that problem, but in the opposite - I'm 6 feet tall. Even "Tall" women's pants weren't long enough for me and even if they were at first they would shrink, no matter how I laundered them. I eventually started to buy men's because I can't stand the way they cut women's jeans these days and I can generally find the right length (and they don't seem to shrink either.

My inseam is a 34. I like the way men's jeans fit anyway. They have always been right around or below my bellybutton, which is where I like to wear them.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My niece is a 16 girls or 00 womens. She has had the best luck finding jeans & pants at abercrombie kids or Abercrombie & Fitch. If there's a 5-7-9 store in your area, try them too. She likes them as well.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
00-Saleen
Deck the Malls

Icon 08 posted      Profile for 00-Saleen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bach_girl:
quote:
Originally posted by LittleDuck:

My inseam is a 34. I like the way men's jeans fit anyway. They have always been right around or below my bellybutton, which is where I like to wear them.
I have a 34 inseam and a size 12 butt. I like JC Penney's for pants--they also have ultra-talls with a 36 inseam. Land's End has a variety of sizes and can hem pants for you when you order.
Posts: 239 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The problem with men's jeans is that while the length is good, they're not designed to fit someone with hips.

After avoiding them for a couple of years, I've overcome my initial wariness and found that I love hipsters; they neatly get around the problem I have finding jeans wide enough for my hips without being far too big for my waist. Getting them in the right length is still not easy, but I'm used to that by now.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The 5-7-9 Shop was just about the only place that I could find pants that fit when I was that size. Petite Sophisticate should have some as well if there are any stores around.

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Louise
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Louise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Louise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
My youngest niece is a size zero and she never seems to have any problems. If anything the stores tend to have more zeros and twos than anything else. Especially on the sales racks. I guess your budget wouldn't include a trip up north to tour the malls of Ottawa [Wink] ?

What age is your niece? Generally size zero and those smaller sizes are easier to find in the juniors section or in other sections for young people, but I don't know how nice the pants would be for an adult, though they could be fabulous for all I know.

--------------------
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Posts: 173 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Venus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venus   E-mail Venus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm 5'2 so my problem has always been length. Just the other day i found a long dress i loved, but it was taller then i was. But i don't think i love it enough to pay extra to get it hemmed.
Posts: 177 | From: Orlando, Florida | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Venus:
I'm 5'2 so my problem has always been length. Just the other day i found a long dress i loved, but it was taller then i was. But i don't think i love it enough to pay extra to get it hemmed.

That's always my problem. I'm 5'2" as well, so all of my pants are always too long. And it seems like pants are getting longer now for some reason. I find that whenever I find a pair of pants that fit my waist, they're way too long. (This could also be due to the fact that I'm probably not the right size for my height.)

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Venus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venus   E-mail Venus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
MissE, try looking for some Jordache jeans. That's pretty much the only brand i've found that are the right length.
Posts: 177 | From: Orlando, Florida | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pants have been my bane for a couple of years now. Manufacturers assume that all tall men are skinny, and all fat men are short.

I need around a 42 waist and 34 inseam, but almost anyplace I look, if you have a 42 waist, the longest inseam you can get is 32. You can get a 34 inseam with a 38 waist, but not bigger.

Fortunately, there are a few places I can buy online (Eddie Bauer, for instance) that will hem their pants at any length for you. (Well, I suppose not any length, but 33 or 34 inches is within their range.)

Also fortunately, I can wear shorts most of the year. [Smile]

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KDS

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KDS     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Greetings,

Maybe I’m just being over-sensitive after reading this thread but I take serous offense to the McDonald’s comment in the OP:

quote:

I hate shopping for pants. Really. It makes me want to go to McDonald's & eat a hundred Big Macs so I can find a decent pair .

I assume you have at least some degree of seriousness in your comment, since you used an ‘angry’ smiley instead of a eye-rolling or the fish one.

If I turned that around and said, “I hate shopping for pants. Really. Makes me want to go puke up my dinner so I can find a pair that fits” it would be abhorrent. I know this is a rant, but please, could we please do away with the stereotypes? It sounds like you are well within the range of healthy body types - that’s something to be happy about, even if it makes shopping for clothes annoying sometimes. Not all of us are so lucky.

Sorry if that was a hijack, but it’s something that really bothers me. Some of the same people who were firmly speaking up in the other thread seem to have let this slip on by, totally unnoticed.

--------------------
I dunno, I like the same qualities in a man as I want in a dog. Big, happy, friendly, and hairy. Not too much slobber either. ~Sue Bee

Posts: 140 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Vivling
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vivling     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sirens carries a ton of jeans and pants in size zero, and it's cheap too. And in about every mall. So does Bluenotes. I am six feet tall and their jeans (although I don't wear a size zero but I do wear a size from the smaller end of Juniors) fit me lengthwise, fine.

Also, why not try a brand whose styles come in waist and length instead of number size? This might be something that would interest the other tall ladies who've posted here (Bach_girl and LittleDuck). To me that's a much better way of doing things ... inches are inches but a "five" at Sirens might be a "three" at Bluenotes, and so on. Anyway, in Mavis and Miss Sixty you can get a waist as small as 24 and as large as, I believe, 34. The length goes up to at least 36, although I had to special order those through the store (I wanted to wear them with tall boots).

The point is, there are lots of size 0 girls out there, just like there are lots of size 24 girls out there, and 6's and 9's and 12's and everything in between. It's silly (and as noted above kind of offensive) to comment that you have to change your body shape just to fit into a pair of pants. If you shop at the right place you should be able to find, with ease, what you're looking for. For instance, I wouldn't go into an Addition Elle and look for new jeans, then complain that "everything's too big, I might as well just go eat a pig on a spit." Rather, I would go across the mall to Below the Belt where I'd find something more appropriate to my size.

--------------------
Climb up, over the the top
Shake it, take control
You've got to find out for yourself whether or not you're truly trying
--Jason Mraz

Posts: 1686 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HelloLlama
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HelloLlama     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frogpond:
The 5-7-9 Shop was just about the only place that I could find pants that fit when I was that size. Petite Sophisticate should have some as well if there are any stores around.

I'm pretty sure Petite Sophisticate (and Casual Corner) went out of business this past year.
Posts: 498 | From: Ypsilanti, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Yleemjseg
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yleemjseg   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I also hate buying pants... finding a 29" waist and 33" leg is next to impossible. So, either i get the 28 waist, which end up being a tad to tight, or the 30, which tend to feel uncomfortably loose like they're going to fall down. It's amazing how much difference the one inch makes.
And then of course, there's always some shrinkage in the length, which i try to accomodate for by getting the longer ones, but jeans seem to shrink in a way that tightens around my butt.
The alternative seems to be to get 'relaxed fit', but they hang on me like prison inmate looking for sex.

Posts: 225 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My guess is that it's where you're shopping. I know I always see things in small sizes like that, often on the sales rack (Christie mentioned that too).

If the only problem is length - hem them or have them hemmed. I'm 5'4" and sometimes petite is too short, while regular/avg is too long. I have to have most pants hemmed.

[slight hijack] My own problem is the length of my waist and torso. Years ago, everything used to sit way too high. In the past several years, "low rise" has been a godsend. Because of how I'm shaped, regular low rise (not the extremely low rise) cuts fit perfectly on me. [/slight hijack]

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HelloLlama:
quote:

I'm pretty sure Petite Sophisticate (and Casual Corner) went out of business this past year.
Yes. My mother is still in mourning.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
24K_ Kate
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24K_ Kate   Author's Homepage   E-mail 24K_ Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am 5'2 and on the petite side. I too have trouble finding pants that fit in the waist, but are too long. Occasionally, I can find something in the Junior's department that works, but more often than not, I have found that size 10, 12 or 14 children's size pants fit rather well. It is harder to find styles that look "adult" but with some effort, it can be done.

--------------------
<---Callisto

I have a 60 second snack idea for Rachel (Ray): Xanax, vodka, fall asleep.--Adrianne Frost, Best Week Ever.

Posts: 2374 | From: Naw-fik, VA y'all | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Louise:
quote:

What age is your niece? Generally size zero and those smaller sizes are easier to find in the juniors section or in other sections for young people, but I don't know how nice the pants would be for an adult, though they could be fabulous for all I know.
She's 13, her 16 year old sister is either a 2 or 4. They do shop at stores catering to younger women, but I don't think that means they shop in a junior section as I associate that with stores like Sears or The Bay (and god forbid they should be caught dead there [Eek!] ). I'm talking about pretty much any store in the mall that caters to women/girls. The Gap, Jacobs, Fairweather etc.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astra:
quote:
Originally posted by HelloLlama:
quote:

Yes. My mother is still in mourning.
I didn't know that. Shows how long it's been since I've been to a mall!

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'm talking about pretty much any store in the mall that caters to women/girls. The Gap, Jacobs, Fairweather etc.

I wear a size 0-4/XS-S depending on the store and though I'm not that tall I'm very long in the legs for my height. Jeans tend to be the hardest to find without needing to get them altered but for the most part I don't have much trouble finding clothes at those kinds of stores at all.

R&W Co. (or RW & Co.?) is a good one. I've had great luck with pants at Old Navy and to a lesser extent The Gap because they have their pants in short, regular, and long lengths. Suzy Shier has a lot of great stuff at really good prices and Reitmans often has a lot of good options. By far the best I've found for clothing options, sizes, and service is Ricki's. They're pricier, but hey, when you find something you like, fits right, and the service to get it was outstanding it's worth it. They may be a bit too 'old' for younger teenagers, though. They're more geared to late teens and older.

This reminds me, I've been meaning to write to Ricki's about how fantastic the service was the last time I was there shopping for a Christmas outfit. Must do that.

--------------------

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissE:
quote:
Originally posted by Venus:

That's always my problem. I'm 5'2" as well, so all of my pants are always too long. And it seems like pants are getting longer now for some reason. I find that whenever I find a pair of pants that fit my waist, they're way too long. (This could also be due to the fact that I'm probably not the right size for my height.)
Gaah! Yes yes yes! I think the theory is, if you're skinny enough to wear a 3, you're a 6 foot tall supermodel. And, if you're not so skinny, then you're a 6 foot Amazon Queen.

My peeve is that it seems they're labelling pants with smaller and smaller numbers. I was seriously underweight in high school, and I wore a 2. 15 years, one kid, and a good 10-15 pounds later - my jeans are still 2s. Naturally, when I go shopping all the jeans on the rack are 10s or 12s.

I think we should form shopping teams - one size 10 and one size 2 can shop together. Because, I know all you size 10s go to the store and the rack is full of 2s. If we team up maybe we can defeat the pants gnomes! [lol]

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
EQ, JC Penney has a catalog for "big and tall" men that my dad used to get a lot. They have a great assortment of lengths in all waist sizes. Also, IIRFC, they had some options for "unhemmed" lengths.

Slight hijack, I also have trouble with long sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, jackets. My arms are, I guess, quite long. I don't necessarily mind having long arms as I can reach things on the high shelves. But, shirt wise, it creates a problem. Then there is the matter of the shirt not being long enough down the torso. I am NOT an "exposed tummy" person. No one wants to see that, least of all me.

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
LittleDuck, I have just the opposite problem, my arms are just a bit short (I guess) and unless I get 3/4 length sleeves, sleeves come down over my fingers.

(General question) Can you hem sleeves the same way you hem pant legs? It seems like you should be able to, but for some reason I've never thought of it. I have problems with button-up shirts and gap-osis, and it's just so frustrating when the rest of the shirt fits perfectly, but my sleeves look like they belong on another top altogether. I don't have length trouble with pants, though. My mom always hemmed my pants for me when I was young, and now I just wear whatever shoes make my pants the right length.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

quote:
Originally posted by NeeCD:
(General question) Can you hem sleeves the same way you hem pant legs? It seems like you should be able to, but for some reason I've never thought of it.

I don't see why not. It would be trickier with any sleeves that have cuffs but I'm sure a good tailor could handle it. I wouldn't want to try anything other than a straight sleeve myself. Just like with flared pants, bell sleeves would be trickier to hem unless you really know what you're doing (which I don't).

--------------------

LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by E. Q. Taft:
Pants have been my bane for a couple of years now. Manufacturers assume that all tall men are skinny, and all fat men are short.

Really? I'm a 31 waist and I have no idea what leg length I am but I'm 6 feet. And my problem is always that the 31 waist pants have too-short legs, not too-long.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
quote:

Really? I'm a 31 waist and I have no idea what leg length I am but I'm 6 feet. And my problem is always that the 31 waist pants have too-short legs, not too-long.
Really? Men's pants in Canada don't offer options? 31 x 30, 31 x 32, 31 x 34, etc.?

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amigone201:
quote:
Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
quote:

Really? Men's pants in Canada don't offer options? 31 x 30, 31 x 32, 31 x 34, etc.?
I would guess the problem is not that they aren't offered, but that they are hard to find. We have the same problems finding pants for my husband because he needs pants with a 30 inch waist and a 34 inch inseam. The only solution we have found is to go through Lands' End because they will do custom hemming. For jeans we go to the ranch supply stores or Western wear stores because apparently they assume working cowboys come in a variety of sizes.

The problem ultimately is that if you fall outside the standard range of sizes i's hard to find clothes that fit. It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages