snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters you wish you could send - December 2006 (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters you wish you could send - December 2006
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I have cousins who did that, too, Chicky. It's just that AW managed to mention that her mother is the same age I am that made me feel old.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChickyBee:
Dear Jocko & T- Girl,

Thank you. I know I'm doing the right thing, but it's always nice to have someone else agree with you. Especially when, despite everything, she's still my mother and there's that stupid sense of automatic family loyalty. (although I seem to be the only one in the family who has it.)

We've spoken to Dad, who is hurt & disappointed, but understands. We attempted to talk to my mother who refused to listen to us, but we did our best to get the basics across. I'm betting she's now running around telling everyone what an ungrateful brat I am and how the Rooster has turned me against her. Ah well.

Dear Chicky Bee,

I was told for years that my oldest aunt (not coincidently, my godmother) was just mean or mentally ill for ignoring her parents when she was able. Actually, I think she was the sanest one of the lot. She was also the person I most enjoyed being around when I was little.

Family loyalty covers up a host of sins that ought not be necessarily covered.

Take care,
TGirl

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dropbear
Angels from the Realms so Glurgy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dropbear     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self,

Let’s be clear – you are now well and truly burnt out. After being redeployed to a different area of the department where things are not as hectic and you have the chance to do some positive things you still sit feeling alternately depressed and angry and find it impossible to do anything without getting even more angry at the fact that the constructive stuff you can do is still 98% p***ing in the wind.

The inability to see anything positive and the sheer mind-numbing misery you experience in dragging yourself through 8 hours of ineffectively pretending to be positive is not having a good effect on you. Neither is the constant guilt for not managing things better and not being able to make yourself feel happier about the current situation.

The situation is having an impact on your relationship with your wife and son. You see your doctor on Thursday - tell her about it and do something to change the situation. You cannot go on as you are.

Dropbear

--------------------
" The villagers had said justice had been done, and she'd lost patience and told them to go home, then, and pray to whatever gods they believed in that it was never done to them. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Posts: 823 | From: Hobart, Tasmania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Chickybee,

I sent that same letter to my father this past spring. It was absolutely the right thing to do- I have felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders ever since.

Yours in ACOA solidarity,
Zorro

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Starla,

Yes, your MIL is going to be here in two days-- get over it. Stop stressing, stop making up imaginary horrors, just stop! You are borrowing trouble that isn't yours yet, and it may not be yours at all. The last visit wasn't too bad. This visit will be relatively short. Yes, Mr S will be away at work a lot, and Starlet will be in school, but chances are that will mean the in-laws will find other things to do. Don't freak about the prospect of a bunch of alone time with them before it actually happens.

Just chill. Be Chinese. Be a duck. Peking Duck! There laugh at being Peking Duck while they pick at you.

And I've decided-- we haven't given up, we've just gotten reasonable. What's the point of scrubbing every single inch of the house when MIL will always find something wrong? Just give her something real to scoff at. The only reason she had perfectly clean baseboards when her kids were young was because she had a maid.

Peking Duck, Babe.

-Starla

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Auntie Witch

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auntie Witch   Author's Homepage   E-mail Auntie Witch   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Seaboe,

If it makes you feel better, I was born 10 days after her 19th birthday, and was just barely 24 when I had my first. To make things more confusing, she had my sister at 24, and S was 19 when she had mom's second grandchild (twelve days after Rina was born).

We all started early.

Besides, my point was that 46 is YOUNG! Way too young to need a babysitter, regardless of illness. (As an adult, I mean)

AW

--------------------
"Feel my head! I feel like a puppy!" -My mother
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Myspace about my mom, kids

Posts: 3289 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Salamander
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salamander   E-mail Salamander   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Universe,

Okay... so fair is fair. I bitched at you before, I guess I need to say "thanks for not screwing me over completely".

Our two dogs (I was tempted to write 'puppies' because that's what they'll always be to us but it might give people the wrong impression) are still alive despite my fears of coming home to find them poisoned. The static control collars arrived for them and have worked a treat, other than the first time they got a shock and carried on as if we'd cut one of their paws off.

Dear Sal Jr,

I know you're a friendly kid but I wish you had some control over that mouth of yours. You really didn't need to start telling the neighbour (who your mum and I don't know yet) all of the tiniest details of our lives. Hopefully the talk we had about how much information we share with strangers will sink in.

Your tendency to talk to anyone, including people you've met only 10 seconds ago, about personal information is giving both Mrs Sal and me grey hairs.

Dear bills,

Go away. I hate all of you. I'm completely out of money until I get paid and/or the bond cheque for the old place is cashed.

Dear Bank,

Okay, so the account with all my money in it is overdrawn. Did you ever figure that maybe the reason people overdraw their accounts is because they're in desperate need of cash? Slapping a $30 overdraw fee on my account is a real kick in the teeth. Thanks, as usual, for SFA.

--------------------
"victory thru self-deception"

Posts: 2211 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry to write a second time in one day but...

Dear Not-so-Dear Husband,

The proper response when I say, "OMG I have a wrinkle" is not, and I repeat, is NOT, "Well yeah, you're getting old". [flame]

Spam "ancient and decrepit 34" Amander

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jocko's Jolly:
Dear Loyhargil -- I popped very early with each of my pregnancies. I remember vividly with DD (#3) that the night after I found out I was pregnant I was wearing my "skinny" jeans and the next morning I woke up and couldn't fit into anything that wasn't maternity -- I was ready to go back to bed for a week! But look at it this way -- it's the one time when you don't have to worry about your waistline (as long as you don't overdo it). And you could always do what I did. I was about 4 months along (and obviously pregnant) when we were getting ready for a wedding (one of THREE black-tie wedding we attended when I was pregnant with DS#1) and I turned to DH and asked, totally straight-faced, "Does this make me look fat?" He actually turned and looked for a minute before he got the joke! [lol]

Thank you for the reassurance. With my first, it was four, close to five months before I started getting tight clothes. Of course, some of that could have been because of the constant morning sickness, but meh. Already getting tight in the tummy has been a bit of a shocker this early this round, ha! Bella Band, here I come!

ETA:
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
Dear Sal Jr,

I know you're a friendly kid but I wish you had some control over that mouth of yours. You really didn't need to start telling the neighbour (who your mum and I don't know yet) all of the tiniest details of our lives. Hopefully the talk we had about how much information we share with strangers will sink in.

Your tendency to talk to anyone, including people you've met only 10 seconds ago, about personal information is giving both Mrs Sal and me grey hairs.

I feel your pain. We have this constant discussion with my 7-year-old. I don't know why when I say it, "We moved here this summer." Yet when she says it, "Well, Mommy moved here in July, and stepdad stayed in Topeka to sell the old house so he didn't move until August, but it was before me in August, because I spent part of the summer with my daddy in Chicago, and it took us a while to find a house, and for a while Mommy was living in an apartment so she could start her new job, and ..." I hope you have better luck with any lectures than we have. It's, unfortunately, an ongoing battle.

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Strawberry Limeade
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strawberry Limeade   Author's Homepage   E-mail Strawberry Limeade   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
B -

Sorry I asked the same question that everyone else in the class has independently asked you in the last two days. Maybe that's a clue that you weren't very clear about it to begin with.

- the girl who didn't appreciate you being snappy since your final project has caused her much stress and aggravation

--------------------
"My artist statement is incomprehensible and therefore full of deep significance." - Calvin

Posts: 36 | From: Indiana | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bored and Dangerous
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Loyhargil:
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
Dear Sal Jr,

I feel your pain. We have this constant discussion with my 7-year-old. I don't know why when I say it, "We moved here this summer." Yet when she says it, "Well, Mommy moved here in July, and stepdad stayed in Topeka to sell the old house so he didn't move until August, but it was before me in August, because I spent part of the summer with my daddy in Chicago, and it took us a while to find a house, and for a while Mommy was living in an apartment so she could start her new job, and ..." I hope you have better luck with any lectures than we have. It's, unfortunately, an ongoing battle.
I am too going to chime in on this one. My SO's 6yo DD has this problem. "Hi, I'm [full three names], and I'm 6 years old, and I live in [city], Virginia, and I go to [suchandsuch] School, and my favorite color is pink, and I live with my grandma and grandpa because my daddy doesn't have room at his apartment..." You get the idea. We've had many, many talks with her about this, but she can't fathom that everyone isn't her friend to want or need to hear about that kind of information.

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear German,

Well, my interaction with your troublesome language is drawing to a close. I'm thrilled, I assure you, not to have to think about why you like to cut your verbs into little bits yet cram so much information into a single noun I forget what we were talking about before I can decipher its parts. And yet, I must say, it is a bittersweet parting, for I believe in time we could have become friends, like French and I had done so long ago, or as sometimes, on very rare occasions, Greek proves to be. Alas, we shall have to postpone our reunion until sometime in the summer, when all the papers and grading and my thesis and whatnot are behind me, and the Ph.D., yet unbegun, lies ahead.

When that time comes, will you please refrain from the use of anything which strains my brain to the breaking point?

Thanks,
Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Mary
you have been a great coworker and almost a friend. I truly enjoyed our little chats when I did something in your area. I missed you as you went on indefinite sickleave, now I will miss you even more.
Rest in peace, I am just glad I actually gave you a kiss on the cheek as I visited you last week in the hospital room, too bad I couldn't visit you again before you passed away.

Your friend and coworker
Rob D.

===============

You, Cancer!
Stop existing! You have already taken too many people.

Me.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bored and Dangerous:
Dear SO,

When you decide to come home in the mornings after work and play video games that frustrate you when you're really tired, don't vent your said frustration at me when I ask you a question more than once. All I wanted to know was if you could get me laundry money because we don't have any clean pants for any of us, and you snapped at me.

P.S. While I'm at it, could you stop telling me what I think and what I feel? If you really know, why don't you bottle said psychic ability and sell it to Dionne Warwick so we can make some money?

Dear Bored and Dangerous,

You know that I went to school with your SO, and have known him and been very good friends with him for close to 25 years. You tell him he better shape up or Erica is going to come up there and jerk a knot in his ass.

[Big Grin]

Sincerely,
TallGeekyGirl

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TallGeekyGirl:
quote:
Dear SO,

When you decide to come home in the mornings after work and play video games that frustrate you when you're really tired, don't vent your said frustration at me when I ask you a question more than once. All I wanted to know was if you could get me laundry money because we don't have any clean pants for any of us, and you snapped at me.

P.S. While I'm at it, could you stop telling me what I think and what I feel? If you really know, why don't you bottle said psychic ability and sell it to Dionne Warwick so we can make some money?

You know that I went to school with your SO, and have known him and been very good friends with him for close to 25 years. You tell him he better shape up or Erica is going to come up there and jerk a knot in his ass.

[Big Grin]

Sincerely,
TallGeekyGirl

May I suggest the knot go on the other side?

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self,

You have a final on Wednesday - a final on a subject you barely understand well enough to take a test on. So what did you do when you came home from work? You re-arranged the living room for a tree you don't even plan on getting until Thursday. This is avoidance at its worst. The 2 hours you spent on the extra credit barely counts, since it is in no way covers even half of the material that will be on the test. Now it's 11:30 and you've spent the last hour browsing the message board. You really need to get off your ass tomorrow and study. You know you have to pay back money if you get a C, which is where you're headed at this rate.

Now go to bed so you're not completely burnt tomorrow, geez, you have to get up in 6 hours.

Disgustedly yours,
Me

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Avril:
Dear German,

Well, my interaction with your troublesome language is drawing to a close. I'm thrilled, I assure you, not to have to think about why you like to cut your verbs into little bits yet cram so much information into a single noun I forget what we were talking about before I can decipher its parts. And yet, I must say, it is a bittersweet parting, for I believe in time we could have become friends, like French and I had done so long ago, or as sometimes, on very rare occasions, Greek proves to be. Alas, we shall have to postpone our reunion until sometime in the summer, when all the papers and grading and my thesis and whatnot are behind me, and the Ph.D., yet unbegun, lies ahead.

When that time comes, will you please refrain from the use of anything which strains my brain to the breaking point?

Thanks,
Avril

Dear Avril,

schade, dass Du gehen musst! Ich werde Dich vermissen. Mach Dir keine Sorgen, wir beide werden Freunde werden - und ich werde versuchen, mich zurückzuhalten.

Bis zum Sommer,

Dein

Deutsch

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bored and Dangerous
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TallGeekyGirl:
quote:
Dear SO,

[Big Grin]

Sincerely,
TallGeekyGirl

Dear TallGeekyGirl,
So noted. He already apologized, but hey, a little backup never hurts. [lol]

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Starla,

See what happens when you relax?! You get a 24 hour reprieve!

Hooray!
-Starla

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starla:
Dear Starla,

Yes, your MIL is going to be here in two days-- get over it. Stop stressing, stop making up imaginary horrors, just stop! You are borrowing trouble that isn't yours yet, and it may not be yours at all. The last visit wasn't too bad. This visit will be relatively short. Yes, Mr S will be away at work a lot, and Starlet will be in school, but chances are that will mean the in-laws will find other things to do. Don't freak about the prospect of a bunch of alone time with them before it actually happens.

Just chill. Be Chinese. Be a duck. Peking Duck! There laugh at being Peking Duck while they pick at you.

And I've decided-- we haven't given up, we've just gotten reasonable. What's the point of scrubbing every single inch of the house when MIL will always find something wrong? Just give her something real to scoff at. The only reason she had perfectly clean baseboards when her kids were young was because she had a maid.

Peking Duck, Babe.

-Starla

Dear Starla,

I raise a glass of Tsingtao to go with your Peking Duck.

She had a maid? Sheesh!

Good luck!
TGirl

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Zorrling,

I'm sorry I got frustrated enough to yell at you today. [Frown]

Love,
Mommy

Dear Hershey's Kisses,

I love you.

Zorro

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven Waift   Author's Homepage   E-mail Raven Waift   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear body,

Please stop. What is wrong with you? Tell me and I'll fix it.

Me

--------------------
Whereas as you are dancing happily in the fields of ignorance through which the stream of stupidity bubbles and flows. -BlushingBride
My my space.

Posts: 656 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
underfire and overrated
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for underfire and overrated     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Family,

Yes, I know you love me. But I am not any of you, I have the ability to think for myself and to come to conclusions on my own. Maybe your values have worked for you this far but I'm afraid I'm just not like you. I have values and I have morals, they're just different.

-underfire (sometimes more figurativly than others)

Dear Dormmates (all of you)

SHUT UP. It's 24 hour quiet hours right now, some of us need our academic scholarships as we can't get by in life by playing games. SHUT UP.

-underfire

Dear RAs,

DO YOUR JOB.

-underfire

--------------------
I'm not a beautiful and unique snowflake! I am the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world.

Posts: 111 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear December,

Please go quickly. I want my husband back. I hate when he has to work like this, and when we goes to be an hour after he gets home from work. By the time I've made dinner and he's had a shower, we see each other for about 10 minutes. I know it's only one month a year, but he's crabby as all hell, too.

I generally look forward to 6:00 when he comes home from work, but right now I dread it.

Please just end. Life will be normal in January.

H

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Doc -

Give me a clean bill of health today. Please? I've done all that you've asked and more.

Please, pretty please?

Roadie

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeowulfGirl
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeowulfGirl   E-mail BeowulfGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To various students, as the end of the term draws near...

Dear Lewis,

You're never going to make it in the Marines. If you can't come to an 8:00 class on time because you "didn't hear your alarm," what the hell are you going to do when you have to wake up at 5:00am in boot camp? Dude, the Marines are totally going to kick your scrawny ass.

Dear Percy,

No, you're not going to pass. You have nine absences, which is more than half the semester. And if you threaten to go to my Department Chair, go ahead...she already knows about you.

Dear Ted,

When you came to class yesterday with a brand new tattoo that says "MO," I foolishly thought that Mo was your girlfriend. Then you told me, "It's the abbreviation for Minnesota, where I was born." Son, I don't know how to tell you this, but "MO" is the abbreviation for Missouri. You are so screwed.

Love,

Professor BeowulfGirl

--------------------
Please visit my blog and leave a comment! It's all pretty and pink and quite funny. Go here: http://beowulfgirl.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1790 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BluesScale
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BluesScale   E-mail BluesScale   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tzarina:
Dear December,

Please go quickly. I want my husband back. I hate when he has to work like this, and when we goes to be an hour after he gets home from work. By the time I've made dinner and he's had a shower, we see each other for about 10 minutes. I know it's only one month a year, but he's crabby as all hell, too.

Mrs Claus? I had no idea that you were a snopster. Tell the big guy that he can miss my house this year. At least that will be one less to do.

Blues.

Posts: 207 | From: Woolhampton, Berks, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not-so-Dear Winter,

Stop being so danged DRY! I'm tired of drinking water all day and having to go pee every couple of hours, yet still feeling like my sinuses and skin have been vacationing in the Sahara. Please, please, please throw some humidity my way.

Sincerely,
A very parched Syllavus

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BeowulfGirl:
To various students, as the end of the term draws near...

Dear Ted,

When you came to class yesterday with a brand new tattoo that says "MO," I foolishly thought that Mo was your girlfriend. Then you told me, "It's the abbreviation for Minnesota, where I was born." Son, I don't know how to tell you this, but "MO" is the abbreviation for Missouri. You are so screwed.

Dear Prof. BeowulfGirl:

First, did you see today's 9 Chickweed Lane? If not, you should.

Second, your letter to Ted reminded me of the time my friend and I were in Roslyn Washington while Northern Exposure was still on the air (Roslyn is where they filmed the show's exteriors). We visited a tacky gift shop that was selling refrigerator magnets. You could either buy one that said Roslyn, WA or one that said Cicily, AL. I bit my tongue and did not point out that AL was the abbreviation for Alabama, not Alaska. [Big Grin]

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BluesScale:
quote:
Originally posted by Tzarina:
Dear December,

Mrs Claus? I had no idea that you were a snopster. Tell the big guy that he can miss my house this year. At least that will be one less to do.

Blues.

Good one. [Smile] Nope, my daddy is a Santa, but my DH is a postal clerk. I don't see much of him in December. Mid-April gets a little sketchy, too. (tax time in the US)
Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Doc -

Thank you. Yay!

Roadie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear body & blood -

See, we did it! Dropping triglycerides from >1200 to 130, reducing coronary risk from 2.5 times the average to 3/4 time the average, losing 18 lbs., and reducing overall cholesterol from 232 to 173 was doable, with a little medication and just saying "NO!" to crappy food. Good job, guys!

Now, let's cut back the need for the medication, m'kay?

Roadie

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sparklygirl
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparklygirl   E-mail sparklygirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear eldest DD,
You and DGS can always come stay with us. I just wish you'd realize that when your DH said he "wasn't sure if he ever even wanted to be married, perhaps he wanted a divorce" that it would take him longer than 3 days to decide he did (really want to be married). I think he wanted someone to cook and do his laundry, so he asked you to come back. It is not my life so I will not say those things to you, but I worry so.
Love,
Sparklygirl Mom

Dear Interviewer,
I am quite nervous about Monday. I never used to nervous about job interviews but after the past couple of not getting the job I'm getting that way. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I'd be a good employee!
Sincerely,
Sparklygirl

Dear youngest DD,
Basketball is not all there is in the world. I'm glad you like it and spend all your spare time practicing (you are very dedicated), but there can be other topics of conversation than just basketball.
Love,
Sparklygirl Mom

Dear Dogs,
Yes Ozzy, I know you have been sick. That is why I cut you some slack. And as for you Cocamo Joe, I cut you slack because I know how jealous you can get of Ozzy. Ozzy, you are getting better now, so it's back to business as usual....that means wiping you feet before you come back in the house, no more whining, and that I'm not taking you everwhere with me.
Love,
SparklyGirl Mom

Dear Self,
You were doing great on the diet---you lost 20 lbs! You felt better and had more energy, What happened? After Christmas it is back to it!!!!
Disappointed,
Me

--------------------
Few things are harder to put up with than a good example. -- Mark Twain
_ _______________________________ _

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Posts: 34 | From: SW Missouri | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
2ys4u
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ys4u     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Self,

You suck! Let's get it together here. Quit being lazy and unmotivated!

Pay your $1500 in bills this month, try to scrape together some Christmas presents, try to do good on your finals, work on selling your cars, excercise, diet, quit smoking, be healthy, don't get too worried about your monthly LFT's and Dr's appointments- think about what terminally ill people have to go through, get this lawyer bull crap done with, work on getting a new job, and maybe we can make it through the rest of December.

Maybe we'll make it into 2007 without going too crazy!

Please, just get motivated. You know what you have to do. it's a lot, but it needs to be done.

Love always,
Me

--------------------
"Guns and butter."

Posts: 966 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear body,
Stay awake! I'm trying a case Monday and it's kinda hard to prep for it when I can't keep my eyes open!

Dear baby,
Can we go light on the nausea Monday? I'm gonna bring my preggie pops, but still, it's a little hard to cross exam someone when you're hit with a wave o' nausea.
Thanks hon,
Mama

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self,

It really was ok to send that email to him. You've been through some extremely rough times in the last couple of months. Even if things don't work out, you'll be glad that you mentioned the anniversary and, unlike some people, aren't petty about things like that.

--the stronger side of you

Dear people who adopted the three cats today,

It was so nice to finally see some cat adoptions while volunteering at the humane society. That really made my day!

--the happy volunteer

Dear bunnies at same humane society,

I need to check my finances. If I can afford christmas, the vet bills, and the housing, I'm going to see if they'll let me adopt you.

--the lady who gives you treats every Wednesday

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages