snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters you wish you could send - December 2006 (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters you wish you could send - December 2006
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Mickey,
When you are merging it is your responsibility to yield to traffic, not the other way around.
Drive safe, it's a jungle out there.
glisp42

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Froggy Mom
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Froggy Mom   E-mail Froggy Mom   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Dear new parents,

Naming your child is not a contest to come up with the most unbelievable new spelling for a normal name.

"Myrcediz"?!?

You should lose custody.

Ryda

Dear Ryda,

I really like the way we spelled our new daughter's name even if it is a little unusual.

The mom who named her daughter Aeryn (Erin)

Dear Aeryn,

Please, please, please go to sleep before 2 am one of these days!

Love,
Mommy

Dear parents of small children,

Please don't let your children run around the auditorium screaming at the top of their lungs while other parents are trying to watch their children's Christmas concert! It's rude. Can't you tell how irritated we are all getting by the death glares headed your way? To the lady sitting in front of us, your 6 year old daughter is not old enough to take responsibility for your 10 month old son! Don't give my husband a dirty look for rescuing your son from falling down a flight of stairs because your daughter didn't see him crawling toward them. Also, stop your kids from climbing on the railing on the stairs and hanging 15 feet above the floor. I love kids and I would hate to see their poor heads busted open.

Thanks,
A concerned and annoyed mom

ETA quote because I was a dingbat that didn't realize I was reading the first page and not the last.

Posts: 24 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Ravenwaift,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear things went well. Hooray! Good luck with the highway driving.

--NewZer0

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Banking institution,

Thank you so much. You don't know how much this helps. I know it is an option you offer up every year, but this is the first time we've used it. The extra cash this month is quite helpful.

I just got a new job and I'm not working actual hours yet (just training hours) so I'm not getting a lot of pay and I'm not getting any tips. So, by January, things will be in a groove and paychecks will increase (and I'll get tips). But your offer will help make Christmas nice for the kids.

~The happy customer from yesterday

*the offer is the "skip-a-payment" on a loan- we opted to skip a truck payment. It gets added on to the end of the loan without interest and a "minimal" processing fee.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'
Grandma Got Run Over by a Rain Check

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Gaming stores I (try to) frequent:

I hear that there's "too much competition here", but you know what? I can't find any other place than yours (that is going out of business) that runs actual tournaments of the games you offer. I would like to play the games, please. I'm not buying the cards just so they can collect dust in my binders and boxes.

Can one of you please stay open so I can actually play without having to travel all the way to Detroit or Columbus?

Someone who just wants to play a game. Is that too much to ask?

--------------------
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

Posts: 508 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 105 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChickyBee:

Dear Granny Brigade (before anyone says anything, they were wearing t-shirts with that on it),

Thank you. Thank you so much for your understanding and kindness. A simple "Oh it's okay honey, we've all been there" would have been enough. You didn't have to buy a washcloth, two towels & a romper. You also didn't need to give me hugs.

Thank you thank you thank you. I just wish you'd have let me do something special for you.

ChickyBee

There are really women that wear "Granny Brigade" shirts and roam the shops in Australia, looking for harried moms to help? Wow. I want to live there.

- Sorry Hatchling isn't feeling well.

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self,
Why in the world did you eat that last night? You knew you'd pay for it today.

Regretfully,
Me

Dear AF,
C'mon now, where in the hell are ya?! You are late, and I'll be suing if you don't show at all.
I wasn't stressed any more than usual this past month, so you shouldn't be delayed.

GAH!
Me

Dear Baby Dragon,
Seriously now, these 45 minute naps don't give me nearly enough time to get any work done. Plus I'd like to take a nap sometime before your brother gets home also, ya know. Mommy has to work tonight, which means I won't get gome until after 1 am, and not into bed util at leat 2. I'll be lucky if I actually fall asleep before 3. 7:30 come really really early, and I'm exhausted. You're brother's birthday party is in 10 days, and I still have to finish staining the door molding, stain the crown molding, figure out where to get the food from for the party, rearrange the furniture, decide which couch to throw away, find somplace to put the tree this weekend, clean out the hallway so your cousins (all 10 of them NFBSK, I forgot to pick up enough goody bags and crap for them, I forgot about 1, frig!!!! [Mad] ) can run freely.

Work with me Baby D. I need time!!! If I could only do all this while you sleep 12 hours at night *sigh*

lovingly and stressfully,
The lady who loves you in spite of your stinky diapers

Dear AF again,
I completely understand why you will be late next cycle, but can we finish the current one first? Please? Today would be the optimal day, but I won't die if you show up this weekend.

Waiting,
Me

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wicked Tinkerbell
Hock Harold Angel's Bling

Icon 208 posted      Profile for Wicked Tinkerbell   E-mail Wicked Tinkerbell   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Driver of that Prius:

You were in the lane that merges into MY lane. Did you not see the sign? There was plenty of room in front of and behind my car. The correct procedure for merging involves YOU moving into one of these slots... NOT pacing me until you run out of road! I can't drive your car for you!

Were you hoping that I would disappear into the ether? Or have "they" installed a cloaking devices on my car again? (Damn Romulans!)

[flame]

--------------------
"I'm not Irish, I'm Celtic. The difference? Celts cut off your head and put it on their door lintel." --Aimee Evilpixie
"People are bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."--Scrubs

Posts: 269 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear InterLink: I don't know what you sell, but freezing the snopes page when your pop-up ad comes up doesn't make me want to buy it.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Magdalene
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magdalene   E-mail Magdalene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear C (again),

OK, look--the relationship has been bad for *six* months, and you've been dating a *year*? You are *dating*--not living together, not engaged....just *dating*. You do not have to stay if you are unhappy. And unless her NFBSK is gold-lined, getting into it can't be worth THAT much to you. What is wrong with you that you just don't end it?

And please stop acting surprised that people are finally beginning to TELL you to end it. Enough is really enough.

Magdalene

--------------------
"Don't mess with me. I dance with swords."

Posts: 1656 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Raven Waift:
The only real issue is driving for long periods of time. Normally when I am stressed I am able to calm myself, but I can't when driving. The stress just builds until I can't concentrate. I just need practice.

In times like those, remember that it is okay to pull over and stop to rest. Depending on howl ong the drive is, you could make a game of it and find all kinds of out of the way places to stop and stretch your legs even if it is only for a few minutes.

DH and I are learning this since I got pregnant. Even though I am only a few weeks along (6 actually), I can no longer sit in the car for long periods of time so we are having fun pulling off the freeway and looking around in odd shops and small fast food establishments as I stretch my muscles.

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Year Without A SeaPea
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Year Without A SeaPea   E-mail The Year Without A SeaPea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not at all Dear T,
How the hell do you sleep at night? What kind of impossible mental contortions do you go through to justify your actions to yourself? I can't begin to understand. Your helpless, grieving, "poor little me" act does not fool me one bit. You are a vile, hideous excuse for a human being.

All the worst,
SeaPea

Dear Mom,
Being the bigger person really, really sucks. You tried to do the right thing, and it came back to bite you in ways we would NEVER have expected. I wish I could fix it for you.

Love,
SeaPea

Dear Karma,
Please exist.

Kisses,
SeaPea

--------------------
you can't fight biology...

Posts: 301 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ChickyBee:

Dear Granny Brigade (before anyone says anything, they were wearing t-shirts with that on it),

Thank you. Thank you so much for your understanding and kindness. A simple "Oh it's okay honey, we've all been there" would have been enough. You didn't have to buy a washcloth, two towels & a romper. You also didn't need to give me hugs.

Thank you thank you thank you. I just wish you'd have let me do something special for you.

ChickyBee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are really women that wear "Granny Brigade" shirts and roam the shops in Australia, looking for harried moms to help? Wow. I want to live there.

Sorry Hatchling isn't feeling well.

They were really wearing 'Granny Brigade' t-shirts. I doubt they were specifically looking to help me though. I think - never got a chance to ask - they were from a rural town, come down to the 'Big Smoke' on a bus to do their Christmas shopping. If I hadn't been covered in baby puke, I would have asked to take their photo - they were lovely!

And thanks - he's okay now, someone gave him mashed apple, which blocks him up pretty badly. We have a feeling that after 2 days of no dirty nappies, his poor little system couldn't take anymore.

And that leads me to:

Dearest (ha!) In-laws,

You do NOT know my son better than I do. If I tell you not to give him something, it's for a NFBSKing reason! I have told you three times that apple blocks him up and you gave it to him anyway. Next time you do it, you can look after him until it's out of his system.

Don't even get me started on the 'Ooooh, you poor little boy' carry on. If you'd just listened to me, it wouldn't have happened!

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self:

Remember to change the furnace filters more often. The one you replaced was beyond disgusting. No wonder your kitty has had the sniffles and no wonder it's been freezing in the house.

-me

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear students,

You don't want to take a test, I don't want to write a test. What do you say we all go out for ice cream instead? Then you can assign yourselves grades based on how well you think you understand the last three chapters.

Your exhausted prof

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear ex:

I hate you. I really do.

Not for anything you've done -- I think you're awesome -- but because you get to go to Paris for four days, and I don't.

I hate you! [Razz]

Canuck

~~~~~~~

Dear self:

Please check that it is actually the letters thread before posting. [Embarrassed]

Canuck

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush:
Dear woman in Dodge SUV whose license plate I remember,

It's a MERGE. A ZIPPER EFFECT. So when I'm in the lane to the right, that will end, which requires me to merge into the left, common courtesy is that you let me in front of you, if the car in front of you has let the person before ME in the right lane come over in front of him.

But no. Instead, you practically run me off the road. Never mind that I was already a little agitated with something else in my life. Then YOU have to use your superior "I have a gas guzzling SUV, so NFBSK you, biotch!" skilz and refuse to let me through. I was not happy...

-The girl in the little red Corolla

Dear Mickey,

As has already been stated, if your lane is the one ending, you're supposed to yield to traffic in the other lane. That the law, not just "common courtesy." Yes, sometimes traffic dovetails nicely into a one after the other pattern, but not always. It could be that the other driver wasn't paying that much attention or jsut didn't feel like letting you in. Did you by chance wait until the last minute to try to merge over to the left? If so, then I, for one, would have also not let you in. One of my biggest munchkins when driving is drivers who drive all the way to the end of the lane closing, just so they can get ahead of the line. And yes, I drive an SUV. And no, you will not win in head-to-head combat because my car's bigger than yours (and even if I have damage, my insurance company won't be paying, yours will). But if you try to get over with plenty of room to go in your lane, I will graciously let you in. Then turn around and cut off the NFBSKer who waits until the end of the lane and tries to muscle his/her way in. I did it today. Then chuckled as the next four drivers behind me also refused entry. Sometimes karma works when you're driving.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Gibbie and Mr. Gibbie,

Thanks for the awesome dinner! It was so cool meeting you both, and the sushi rawked!

I hope you enjoyed your concert, and I hope to meet you on your home turf soon.

Happy anniversary!

Anne

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Particpants in the 401k's my company adminsters,
Please, for the love of all that is holy, realize your 401k is NOT a Christmas Club account! You are TAXED on this money, there may be penalties from the IRS, and some of your companies actually have penalties of their own, such as forfeiting match monies. It is not a wise idea, and I wish I was allowed to give advice in this job. I'd tell you all to find money somewhere else; not your 401k. How much are you going to have to live on when you're 90 if you take money out now when you're 35?

No love at all,
lady"You want to take out HOW much for Christmas?"knight

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Baby D,

I'm not liking the way you're still playing with your ear. The medicine should be helping. You only have a few doses left, and I really don't want to have to lug you back out to the doctor's next week, but I will if I have to.

Oh, and let's try to take a really long nap today, ok? Mommy didn't get home until almost 1 am, and didn't go to bed until around 2:30, because she was trying to help Daddy get ready to go out plowing. Then she tossed and turned most of the time he was out, she was worried about him. Then when he did get home, he had to leave again around 7 becuse M's truck broke down. Now he's at work. So let's go take a nice long nap. Mommy has to work again tonight.

Love~
The one who gave birth to you

Dear Town,

PLOW THE FRIGGIN ROADS!!!

Sincerley,
Yet another driver who almost parked their car into a snowbank

Dear plowing company at work,
You guys totally suck. The lot wasn't plowed at all when I came into work at 6:30 pm last night, and because of this, my car didn't turn into the lot. Instead, it went up and over and promptly became stuck on the median. Thankfully there were some young people trying to do donuts in the lot with a big ol' truck, and they had a tow chain.

Not once did you plow the lot the entire night we were open, which by the way was until midnight. So, imagine the bunch of us, trudgeing through a good 8-10 inches on snow to our cars, muttering, nay, LOUDLY cursing you. Then, upon leaving the shopping center, we find not 1, not 2, but 3 of you plowing the Mickey D's parking lot. That lot is no bigger than any other Mickey D's parking lot. It doesn't take 3 of you to plow it. You have an entire gigantic center to plow...at least 10 store front, plus the stand alone buildings, including ours. We didn't leave work until about 12:20am. You had a LONG night ahead of you.
I hope to DOYC that one of our managers rips you guys a new one. At the very least, you should have gone through our lot at least twice. I don't care if it was a complete shot, but just enough to move the white crap outta the way some.

No wonder hubby's boss had some choice words about you. If this is how you treat your commericial accounts, I hope to Pete you don't have any residentials.

Angerly,
The lady who shoveled the 2 front entrances last night, when it should have been you snowblowing

ETF typos, and hubby has a boss, not a husband

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Fourth Man
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fourth Man   E-mail The Fourth Man   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jocko's Jolly:
As has already been stated, if your lane is the one ending, you're supposed to yield to traffic in the other lane. That the law, not just "common courtesy." Yes, sometimes traffic dovetails nicely into a one after the other pattern, but not always. It could be that the other driver wasn't paying that much attention or jsut didn't feel like letting you in. Did you by chance wait until the last minute to try to merge over to the left? If so, then I, for one, would have also not let you in. One of my biggest munchkins when driving is drivers who drive all the way to the end of the lane closing, just so they can get ahead of the line. And yes, I drive an SUV. And no, you will not win in head-to-head combat because my car's bigger than yours (and even if I have damage, my insurance company won't be paying, yours will). But if you try to get over with plenty of room to go in your lane, I will graciously let you in. Then turn around and cut off the NFBSKer who waits until the end of the lane and tries to muscle his/her way in. I did it today. Then chuckled as the next four drivers behind me also refused entry. Sometimes karma works when you're driving.

Dear Jocko,

I won't discuss the legal aspects, since they depend on the jurisdiction you are in and on the lane markings, but from a practical point of view I disagree with what looks to me like a knee-jerk reaction. Not only is the attitude of "you won't merge ahead of me, you NFBSK!" highly likely to create road rage, which in my opinion would already be a sufficient reason to dismiss it as dangerous, it is also highly impractical, since it wastes a mile of perfectly good lane without any understandable reason.

Plus, if you try and prevent someone from merging in front of you, you're not driving at a safe distance from the car in front of you, so it increases the risks of accident if the driver of said car in front of you has to step on his breaks suddenly.

Aggressive driving is never a good thing. It puts everyone at risk: you, the "NFBSKers" you're waging war against, and innocent third parties who just happen to be on the wrong section of road at the wrong time.

The Fourth "and I've seen more than my share of aggressive drivers, being in Paris and all" Man

--------------------
If you keep trying, you'll eventually succeed. Therefore, the more you fail, the higher your chances of success.
-- Jacques Rouxel, 1931-2004 RIP :(

Posts: 406 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear snopsters with baby-caring experience and advice,

will still be around when I will become a "stay at home dad for one year" in summer next year?

Please?

Don Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Multiverse Studios.

Please, please make that Firefly MMO and don't let it go the way of Ultima X - Odyssey. And dont mess it up please. I don't want a dissappointing online game based on one of the best shows. DON'T add aliens or engine sounds or blasters...

Yours
A fanboi of Firefly

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Dad,
Yesterday was your 60th birthday. Your family got together for dinner. Everybody got along. Remember, there were times we weren't sure you would make it to 50, much less 60. I was hoping you would have been in a better mood. You are not useless. We love you.
Love,
your daughter

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear school administrator person:

You have a requirement that we upload certain documents to an online program. No problem. But, I'd think that the person who was charged with overseeing this program could actually tell me under which category to put the freaking documents. Every professor says to ask you. You say to ask the professor. Then, you say to read the table of contents. Didn't you figure out I had read the table of contents when I actually referenced it in my email to you? Thanks for nothing.

This school is the most unorganized place I've ever attended. If you didn't have the quickest program around, I would not stay.

-A disgruntled student

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Buckleupp
Away in a Manager

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckleupp   E-mail Buckleupp   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear MySpace Creepy Guy,

I'm touched by your marriage proposal and your exhortations about my beauty and your desire to love me, after only one look at my profile. While I'm sure Lichtenstein is lovely, I just don't think a long-distance relationship is a good idea. I think we should IM other people for a while.

- That girl you messaged

--------------------
HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh...excluding that first Ha. -Stewie Griffin

Posts: 112 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Angl,
We had a great time! I'm glad you had a good time at dinner too. And yes, the sushi rocked!

The concert was fab. The seats we had were awesome, third row on the center aisle. Brian Setzer was cool and funny and awesome.

Got home about 2am and am sitting here this morning wondering why I can't party all night and function the next morning anymore. Oh well. [Smile]

Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Fourth Man:
Dear Jocko,

I won't discuss the legal aspects, since they depend on the jurisdiction you are in and on the lane markings, but from a practical point of view I disagree with what looks to me like a knee-jerk reaction. Not only is the attitude of "you won't merge ahead of me, you NFBSK!" highly likely to create road rage, which in my opinion would already be a sufficient reason to dismiss it as dangerous, it is also highly impractical, since it wastes a mile of perfectly good lane without any understandable reason.

Plus, if you try and prevent someone from merging in front of you, you're not driving at a safe distance from the car in front of you, so it increases the risks of accident if the driver of said car in front of you has to step on his breaks suddenly.

Aggressive driving is never a good thing. It puts everyone at risk: you, the "NFBSKers" you're waging war against, and innocent third parties who just happen to be on the wrong section of road at the wrong time.

The Fourth "and I've seen more than my share of aggressive drivers, being in Paris and all" Man

There weren't any permanent lane markings, the lane was closed due to construction (and there wwere Merge Left signs for that lane). And I don't know of any jurisdictions where other drivers have to yield to the driver who is in the closing lane.

And I'm sorry if I wasn't clear -- the driver zoomed up the lane, then tried to zip over, where I already was. I COULD have slammed on my brakes, which probably would have caused the cars behind me to slam into me and cause a big pileup. Or I could have honked my horn and refused entry, which is what I did. He/she then stopped and finally turned on his/her turn signal. And had to wait a bit. Like I said, karma.

Around here, at least, when things are going smoothly, drivers put on their turn signals and start the merge process when they first see notification that the lane is closed ahead. And there is a gentle merging that happens and no need to honk or slam on brakes. But you get the occasional jerk who wishes to "jump the line" as it were. Those are the jerks I can't stand.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Thordis
Deck the Malls

Icon 88 posted      Profile for Thordis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not-at-all-dear boss

I got the xmas decs out today and thought "why bother"? Your behaviour towards me and my colleagues has succeaded in draining us of any kind of Christmas joy. I wake every morning with a feeling of dread, and begrudge every second I spend at work.

This is your doing. I'm sick of it. Sick of your snide emails and comments, sick of you expecting me to read your mind, sick of the way you undermine everything I do. You persist in thinking of me as incompetant (you have said as much to all of us at one point or another). You think I can't do my job-yet how would you know when you never work with me? You have held back my regrading until I jump through the hoops you set, hoops no one else has to. I am sick of your moodiness, your unpredictable moodswings and the passive-agressive way you manage your teams.

I have done the job longer than you have. I am more experienced than you, and yet you will not recognise this. I hate the way you treat other members of staff, good people who should not have to put up with it. Most of all I hate the way you have drained me of all enthusaism for a job I loved, a job I was good at and dreamed of making my career. I was bullied for long enough to recognise you for what you are. I am desperate to find another job as I really believe my health and peace of mind depends on it: no one should dread going to work.

unhappily

Thordis.

--------------------
Daria: "I almost killed a dog today"
Jane: "Gonna work your way up to humans slowly?"

Posts: 385 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear church bus driver:

Running a red light is NOT an effective witness for Jesus.

Yours in Christ,
the driver from the other side who had a green light

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 84 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not so dear visitors to our church,

You came today to be a part of Quiet Day. I'm presuming you heard about it from the city's Christmas in Newport calendar fliers. I'm also presuming you have no idea what Quiet Day is. That's ok. I've never heard of until a few weeks ago, either. I think it's an English term. We'd normally call it a "Retreat".

On all the doors of the church were notices telling you what would happen during Quiet Day, as well as one important tip for those who don't understand what "quiet" means. It clearly said that you were not to speak from 9am - 1pm, after the mass and breakfast. Well, you went to the mass. You went to the breakfast. Before we left to go back into the church, the father said in beyond clear terms that you were not to talk until 1 PM. There would be a type of sermon given by a visiting priest, then QUIET TIME for you to read from the books they offered (you didn't have to, your choice), or just pray or reflect or whatever would get you to know God in your heart. In which you would BE NFBSKIN' QUIET. Can't stress this enough.

So can you tell me, why DID YOU talk the whole nfbskin' time??!! Not only is it rude to gossip in a church at any time, but you had PLENTY of pleads from the church NOT to talk during QUIET TIME. Not only that, but you were in THE NAVE of the church, in the pews a few feet next to the altar - pretty much God's Barcolounger - gossiping nonstop. I'm glas you were whispering, so I didn't have to hear your inane conversation, but the whispering was distracting me from any peace of mind. I wanted to turn around and yell at you to shut thehell up, but see, I was actually honoring the rules of QUIET Day. Be thankful I didn't bitch slap you two to the stone age with Hymnals. Them sucka be heavy. Word. (Word 'o God, ach-lee.)

Thank you for ruining my first Quiet Day. Perhaps I can return the favor and sing Holy Diver off the top of my lungs while your children are being baptised at your church.

- Trish "Let's pray some place quiet, like the bus station" DaDish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear bus driver,

I'm guessing you had a hard day and a massive headache, because I can see no other reason for you to go ape poopy on an entire busload of people. One guy, sitting in a seat right next to you, is listening to his head, with the volume a hundred times lower than the gossiping church visitors (see above). Practically at a level only dogs can hear. I'm not sure why this make you yell (over the intercom, to less!), "WHOEVAH HEAS THEAT HEADSET, THEY HAV TA TEURN THE VOLUME DEAWN!" and follow it up a few minutes later (without intercom) with, "WHOEVAH HEAS THEAT HEADSET, THEY HAV TA TEURN THE VOLUME DEAWN NEOW! I'M NOT LIS'NIN TUH THEAT HEAF NOISE AW DA WAY TA PROVIDEANCE! JESUS!!!!"

Interesting that, after the (black) guy with the headset left, a (white) lady sat in his seat, playing a hand held poker game with sounds only a dog can hear, and you calmly say to her, "Cean you teurn the seaownd on ya game?" Good to show your bigotry, Miss Bus Driver.

-Shocked bus patron who'd like to report your unprofessional behavior, no matter what size headache you have

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:

Thank you for ruining my first Quiet Day. Perhaps I can return the favor and sing Holy Diver off the top of my lungs while your children are being baptised at your church.

Trish:

Dios is freaking awesome. My boyfriend got into them recently, and so have I, by proxy. Rocking out in the car on the way to the store, constantly cracking up over the line, "Jump! Jump! Jump on the tiger!" is pure frickin' sweetness.

Rock on.

Aimee Evilpixie

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear weather,

NSFBK off and die.

Chicky

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear new wallet,

I hate you.

You're beautiful. You're silk. You have exactly the right number and sort of nooks and crannies I want of a wallet. You even have a zippered compartment for my change.

By why in heck do you have a great clonking magnetic clasp embedded in you? Yeah, right - like I'm going to be happy about finding myself in the middle of the night in some godforsaken outpost of humanity with credit and debit cards that no longer work.

You suck.

Disappointedly,
Barbara

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 212 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Unknown Homeowner:
I don't know if you've put this display on your house this Christmas, but if you did, PLEASE take a look at it from the sidewalk--you may be surprised.

Signed--
Howling with laughter web surfer in MD.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  18  19  20   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages