snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters you wish you could send - December 2006 (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters you wish you could send - December 2006
Mouse
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlushingBride:
quote:
Originally posted by christmas tree kitapper:
Dear NBC,

Why must I wait until January for new episodes of Heroes? I think that's very sadistic.

sincerely,
a viewer

Dear NBC,

Kitap makes a very good point here.

sincerely,
another viewer

Dear NBC,

Mouse would like to third a well-made point.

Sincerely,
online viewer.

Dear Self,

Will you just stop? If you keep spinning convoluted meleodramas out of thin air, not only will you be even less pleasant to be around but no doubt you'd be dead of a heart attack by the age of thirty.

Signed,
Exasperated.

--------------------
"You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff." Coop from MegasXLR

"I distrust who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

Posts: 2246 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Self,
You're just so graceful aren't you? You're paying for that now!

Signed,
Me *owww!*

Dear Coffee Table,
Stay outta my way!! You jump out at me and WHAM! Gee thanks.

Signed,
NFBSK OW!

Dear Toe,
I never thought I'd find purple ugly. On you, that shade is AWFUL! Pleas get better. I don't want to have to go to the ER where all they'll do is bind you or whatever.

Signed,
Your owner that's in pain.

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear owner of the building we had a photoshoot in on Sunday -

Lady, the next time you tell us that we have the entire building to ourselves all day, MEAN IT!!! We are nude/lingerie models. We do not appreciate having the maintenence crew, the cleaning crew, the interior decorating crew, a bridal party, a band, and your 9 year old son all come running in on us at various times during the afternoon!!!!

The pissed off model.

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Jaw,
Cut the pregnant lady some slack. I've gotta start eatin' more, and more variety. But I can't take my meds now. So please be nice and ease off? It took all I had not to cry at work today after eating potato salad 'cause of you.
Loyhargil

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Z,
You are a dear friend; in fact I think I can safely say DogMonkey and I both think of you almost as family. BUT: What the Hell is going on with you? Some of the phone calls we're getting (by the way, why are they still coming here and not your new number? Iguess it's just as well now that you haven't changed your contact info, since it looks like you're moving again) make me a little nervous. And now this happens...on one hand, I'd like to know what's going on so I could stop imagining horrible things, on the other I'm scared I really don't want to find out.
worried rabbit

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear woman in Dodge SUV whose license plate I remember,

It's a MERGE. A ZIPPER EFFECT. So when I'm in the lane to the right, that will end, which requires me to merge into the left, common courtesy is that you let me in front of you, if the car in front of you has let the person before ME in the right lane come over in front of him.

But no. Instead, you practically run me off the road. Never mind that I was already a little agitated with something else in my life. Then YOU have to use your superior "I have a gas guzzling SUV, so NFBSK you, biotch!" skilz and refuse to let me through. I was not happy...

-The girl in the little red Corolla

Dear person in the white SUV at the 4-way stop sign-

"Right of Way" means that the person that approaches the stop sign first gets to go the direction they're intending to go first. It does NOT mean "Big white SUV is better than little red Corolla, and therefore has right of way"...and nearly hit me!

And to make things even nicer, it was just as I was calming down from nearly being driven off the road and getting pissed off with someone. Thanks, asshat!

-The little red Corolla girl

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wicked Tinkerbell
Hock Harold Angel's Bling

Icon 603 posted      Profile for Wicked Tinkerbell   E-mail Wicked Tinkerbell   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear people with runny noses:

I just discovered that putting cocoa butter (Palmers) on the tissue-abused end of your nose is helpful. The fragrance free variety doesn't sting...yet. It isn't as sticky as vitamin E. It has helped my Rudolph-red nose a bit.

I thought I would pass it on. No, I don't own stock in the company. I am sick & thought I would pass on some helpful info.

Happy Cold & Flu Season!

Wicked The Red Nosed Tinkerbell

--------------------
"I'm not Irish, I'm Celtic. The difference? Celts cut off your head and put it on their door lintel." --Aimee Evilpixie
"People are bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."--Scrubs

Posts: 269 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Curad:

I really like these extreme length finger wrap bandages, I just have a few requests. First, would it be possible to get them in larger quantities? With two bandage changes a day I'm going through a box in about a week and a half. Second, could you come up with different cross marketing? I've now got three of these little bottles of men's shaving balm and I'm not quite sure what to do with them. They may end up being stocking stuffers. Third, related to the previous request, could you keep in mind that there are wome out there that are hard on their hands two?

Thanks

The lady who is giving you a lot of money

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Mr. S,

I hope you're late because you and D keep saying, "just a few more minutes, maybe we'll get one," and not because you're busy dressing a boar. I know wild boar are a dangerous nuisance out here, and I am glad you're having a good time with a buddy, but I so don't want a freezer full of gamey pork chops.

Please don't wake me up when you get in. Especially if your outing was successful.

Love Ya,
Starla

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Husband,

You were awake when I got home. You saw how I struggled to get my boots off my swollen feet. You watched me walk up the steps so slowly, so painfully that the cats actually came down to the landing to see what was taking me so long.

You saw my red, sore feet.

You heard the pain in my voice when I mumbled out the phrase: "I got paid today..."

So, the next time you act like an asshat, I have absolute permission to tell you to "F*ck off" without you getting pissed off at me.

~Your wife

Dear Anyone,

Please don't tell me "you'll get used to it" when you hear about how much pain my feet are in from the standing I do at work. No, my feet will not get used to it. I have tendonitis, bursitis and arthritis. I will not get used to that pain. It isn't like I'm working out and overdid a little. The "itis" family of pain is chronic pain. It will never go away. It will only get worse. But, I do what I have to do for my kids.

I have a new hero now.

Signed, ouchy.

Dear Grandma Viola,

I've said it before, but I'm saying it again. You're my hero. How you lived every day with this level of pain is beyond me. And not only did you live with this pain, you never took it out on anyone else. I try to hold myself up to your level. The only comfort I can think of is that on the "Other Side", you are no longer in pain.

When I get "over there", we'll have a foot race. You'll have to wait though, I've got stuff to do here for a long while.

~Love, Patty

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Rooster,

There's a difference between being close to your parents and being a Mummy's Boy.

Think about it.

Chicky.

PS I don't care if that 'really nice house' was paid for in full by someone else, including bills and insurance. There is no way in Hell that I would even consider living in the same street as your parents.

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 506 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear tallGeekyGirl,

Stop it. Enough with the self-pitying drivel. You've known for decades now that feeling sorry for yourself and wanting to go hide succeeds at getting you exactly zip. Get over yourself and grow the hell up. Now.

Love, whether you believe it or not,

yourself

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Tivo,

I hate you. I hate you I hate you I hate you. I thought, "oh, I've got 40 minutes before bed! Plenty of time to fix that programming screwup from yesterday!" ha ha ha ha, now everything is worse than ever! Then you freeze, requiring several restarts and frantic chat sessions with your real owner (is it that you miss her? me too, but I don't make your life hell over it). Now I've had to pull the whole entertainment center halfway across the living room (lucky you it's on wheels) because you decided you can't use internet, you need a phone. And now you decide you can't use the phone, either? WTF?? I hate you!

Me

--------

Dear Tivo,

Thanks for making my decision easy. When my roommate left you with me, at first I was totally enamored with you. Although i couldn't afford you myself, I wondered how I would get by when she takes you back. Now I know-- I'll be happier when you're gone. I'm getting pretty close to unplugging you and not using you even though you're here, you are so frustrating to use. You're worse than the Sallie Mae website. And that is saying something.

Me

----

Dear Sallie Mae website,

Did you hear that? You suck. Don't think I'm forgetting about you just because Tivo also sucks.

Me

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear FrogFeathers,
*gives foot and leg rub* Since it's virtual, it is perfect and makes everything better! The only other thing is a big <<>>. I hope it gets better. If you need PM me, I don't know if you remember me but we've chatted in unhijackable a couple of times. I'm amazed by your strength and the love that you have.
And make sure to have good shoes, like you needed to be told that.
Za'

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear you,

Now that was unhelpful. Thanks a ton, you've really never made me feel like crap before. And no, it's not PMS, so please don't even start that.

me

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven Waift   Author's Homepage   E-mail Raven Waift   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear whatever deity is out there (deities?),

I may go driving tomorrow- for the first time in at least 6 years. Please be gentle. If anything goes wrong it may be another 6 years. I really would like to learn to drive.

Thanks,
The person who is 23 and still doesn't drive (and who everyone makes fun of for said lack of driving)

--------------------
Whereas as you are dancing happily in the fields of ignorance through which the stream of stupidity bubbles and flows. -BlushingBride
My my space.

Posts: 656 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Canter's Deli,

First, I apologize for my misspelling in my prior LIWICS.

Secondly, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! The chicken noodle soup was divine, the potato salad a lovely little gift, and the pastrami a wonderful present from the gods of deli food.

I can't wait to eat my chocolate-chip cheesecake!

Thank you for a lovely anniversary dinner!

Love,
Ms. K

(if I can find a Contact Us link on their website, I will be sending this one)

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Frog_Feathers,

I'm sorry you're in such pain. I can't completely relate, but if it's at all similar, I have problems at the end of the day in Florida when it's rained and I have two flights of stairs to go up because of my knees (I'm in agony). And working at the Disney Store is also doing a number, because I keep crouching and standing repeatedly, and there's a point where Aleve just doesn't do it.

[Frown] It's great to know you have a hero, and you put your children before everyone else.

-Mickey

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear RavenWaift,

Good luck!

Don't feel bad; I'm turning 24 soon and I don't drive either. I learned, I have a license, but I hate it and am bad at it -- so I don't. People who do -- they are jerks.

--NewZer0

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Roadie -

You'll do fine today. Don't be nervous. He puts his pants on one leg at a time - in fact, everyone in the audience does too, just like you! My God, woman, you've met with congressmen & senators that are better known than this guy. Buck up. And don't forget, speak slowly and use your loud voice.

Love,

Me

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Coworkers,
Is it really so hard to just leave my workspaces the way they were? It's so, so frustrating to come back after being out sick and find everything rearranged. It makes me feel horribly unappreciated. If you think I'm too messy or you want things arranged differently please discuss it with me instead of waiting for me to leave and then changing everything behind my back. If you are just nervous, ticcy tidiers, please apply your neuroses to your own damn desk.
-ThistleS

Dear Strongly Disliked Coworker,
You've worked here for far to long to think that that was the correct way to do it. I'm not sure if you're stupid, lazy, or an intractable contrarian, but I've just about had enough of your crap.
No love whatsoever,
ThistleS

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Raven Waift:
Dear whatever deity is out there (deities?),

I may go driving tomorrow- for the first time in at least 6 years. Please be gentle. If anything goes wrong it may be another 6 years. I really would like to learn to drive.

Thanks,
The person who is 23 and still doesn't drive (and who everyone makes fun of for said lack of driving)

Dear Raven Waift,

I wish you all the happy learning how to drive vibes today. Don't feel too bad about not having your license yet, I didn't get mine until I was 29...and I'm only 30 now. I know how you feel, trust me, you'll do just fine.

Signed,
Pixie"You Can Do It"chic

PS A *hug* is also included in that!

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tantei Kijo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tantei Kijo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tantei Kijo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear 3 nfbsks ahead of line from me this morning,

I was lucky enough to be the last in line to get a Wii this morning. the fact that all three of you are going to auction off the consoles is reprehensible. There were 3 families that had kids who ernestly wanted to play the games who went away disapointed today.

~~~~~~
Dear Nintendo,
I can't believe you're sitting on your products. Sony can't release more PS3s because they made a sneaky business move to release ahead of you, but you are encouraging people to profiteer when you very well could release more.

-Tantei "gonna mii all day today" Kid

--------------------
Bender: Though you may have to make a metaphorical "deal with the devil". And by "devil", I mean the robot devil, and by "metaphorically" I mean get your coat. ------------ My sad site: A new way to be bored.

Posts: 722 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phil'sGirl:
Dear ill Snopesters,

... May you get well before you have to start going to parties this season.

Better yet, if you're ill, please skip the parties. Thank you.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Dear second interpreter* in Class I Hate,

Turn taking does not mean to gain possession of a start. It means to alternate the occasion in which persons will perform a specific duty. For instance, if you and a friend are playing a board game, and the friend gets to go first, they are the one to start the game. You can not seize the start from your friend. You will have your turn after your friend completes his/her move, then your friend will go when you've completed your action.

So why the hell did you sign "start" "take" when the instructor said "turntaking"?

Now I know why L and C can't stand you as an interpreter.

-The girl that gets the concepts that the instructor is trying to say by watching the interpreters.

*There is a Deaf girl in my class.

--------------------

Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear day so far...

Please get better. It started with me breaking the coffee carafe and having no coffee. Then a fight with a friend. Then I went to the store... no coffee carafes. Ok, fine, I'll make a run out to evil Wal-Mart later, I'll get a few groceries now and stop by Starbucks. Place groceries in the van- pop carton breaks and spills cans all over. I get my only-at-hubbys-payday cup of $5 coffee (quad shot venti mocha) and it promptly gets spilled all over the car and my pants.

Spamamander... who is going back to bed now and pulling the covers over my head.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara:
Ah, that's because you haven't yet been properly exposed to bridge, a game sure to plant thoughts, not of divorce, but of spousal murder.

Barbara "bridge widow" Mikkelson

I played bridge in college. Two of my friends were dating. They simply could not play bridge together because the bf always argued with the gf about moves she should have made if they lost a hand.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven Waift   Author's Homepage   E-mail Raven Waift   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Pixiechic and NewZer0,

Just to give you an update, I drove really really well. DH thinks that I could pass the driving test- except for maneuverability. No hard stops, turned well, and was able to park perfectly the first time I tried.

We think that it is partially that I have grown out of my anxiety, and partially that I can't drive with my mom. She stresses me out. For some reason she wanted the music off in the car, when I had never been in a car without music until that point.

I plan to be able to drive to all of the Christmas celebrations, and I think I really will be able to do it.

Thanks for the encouragement and the good vibes (and the hug). I know I'm not alone in getting my license late, but it sure feels like it. It's hard when your sister, who is 5 years younger, gets her license before you.

Thanks again,
Raven Waift

--------------------
Whereas as you are dancing happily in the fields of ignorance through which the stream of stupidity bubbles and flows. -BlushingBride
My my space.

Posts: 656 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lavender blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats, Raven!

I totally understand not being able to drive with certain people. When I was learning, I never went with my mom by mutual agreement-we both knew she'd panic the minute I did the smallest thing wrong, and we're not very patient with each other. I still don't drive with her, and I've been driving for over 12 years now.

lb

--------------------
catagenesis [evol]-evolution leading to decadence and decreased vigor.

Posts: 480 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear B at Hubby's work,

You will never know how much we love you! You have done little things for the kids through the years but this takes the cake. I don't know if you knew we were having a rough year or if it is just coincidence but because of you 3 little kids are guaranteed to have an awesome Christmas.

Christmas and birthdays are pretty much the only time the kids get toys with no strings attached so it is a really big deal for them. I know you said you didn't want us making a big deal out of it. But to us, it is a big deal.

Love,
Us

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
creative gal
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for creative gal     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear D, (my manager)

OK, I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or upset you in some way, or perhaps am just the easiest xmas temp to get hold of, but I'm getting a bit sick of doing the most menial tasks for you all day. Yesterday you put me on the fitting rooms for the better part of 2 hours when I was rota'ed for 1 hour later in the day. You clearly wanted me over there for some reason, as the woman who was scheduled to be over there was sent back to the tills by you, and I was shipped back over to the fitting rooms. Today, you had me manually editing flyers for virtually my whole shift, while manning the fitting room at the same time. I really hope this isn't going to be a long term arrangement,as I really enjoy working behind the tills, and am good at it. Plus, when you plonk me on the menial jobs for hours at a time, I can't help but feel worthless and wonder what I completed my degree for. I also wonder if you've got a degree. However, thanks for not making me stay late tonight. 3 nights in a row would have been a bit much.

sincerely
The confused and annoyed employee.

Dear music at work,

Ack, could you please just go away? I swear you are designed to be morale sapping for the employees, and, well, customers aren't in there that long! Plus, the adverts, particularly for the restaurant ("Are you tired from all that shopping?") are very wearing after the first few times you hear them. Why can't we just have quiet background music that's easily ignored?? Please?

signed,
Good taste.

Dear town centre marketing bods (btw, this is one I may well send, but not in this form)

ARGH!! When professional promotional posters go up in a public area, don't you think it would be a good idea to get someone who grasps the rudiments of English grammar to proofread it? I was initally startled but then very angry when I noticed one of the said posters advertised late night openings - Thursday's till 9 pm. Strangely, this mistake isn't on your website literature,so granted, it may just be a printing mistake, but still, bad grammar is one thing that really gets to me, and because I was sat opposite, I couldn't ignore that glaring error. Please sort it out, or better yet, employ me as a proofreader! I sadly notice this all too often.
Signed,
An English Graduate.

Dearest G,
I'm going to miss you the next couple of days. Love you loads and sorry if I was a bit snappy today - as you know, it's been a very rough day.
All my love
me.

Dear self,
Just remember what you said the other day about taking it all one day, even one hour at a time. You're almost halfway through, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. You can do it!
love
me

--------------------
Come sail your ships around me
And burn your bridges down..

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Dear kitties,

I know it's hard to understand, but not everything Mommy does in the living room is intended to make things a more fun playground for you. I know I have fun wires stretched everywhere, but these are not for kittens to chew on, jump over, pounce on, or even run around under! Mommy is kind of stressed, so please work with me, OK? I'm sorry I had to lock you in the office, but I'll let you out as soon as I can unplug the Tivo and move the entertainment center back against the wall.

Love,
Mommy

---

Dear Tivo,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Almost done! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but thank you for behaving tonight.

Me

---

Dear Raven Waift,

Congratulations!

Bee

--------------------

Pixiechic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Raven Waift:
Dear Pixiechic and NewZer0,

Just to give you an update, I drove really really well. DH thinks that I could pass the driving test- except for maneuverability. No hard stops, turned well, and was able to park perfectly the first time I tried.

We think that it is partially that I have grown out of my anxiety, and partially that I can't drive with my mom. She stresses me out. For some reason she wanted the music off in the car, when I had never been in a car without music until that point.

I plan to be able to drive to all of the Christmas celebrations, and I think I really will be able to do it.

Thanks for the encouragement and the good vibes (and the hug). I know I'm not alone in getting my license late, but it sure feels like it. It's hard when your sister, who is 5 years younger, gets her license before you.

Thanks again,
Raven Waift

Dear Raven Waift,

I'm glad you had a good time of it! When you go in to take your license let me know so I can send lots of good vibes your way. [Big Grin] I'm glad your DH is supportive, I bet that helps a LOT with your confidence. So when are you going to go driving again?

Signed,
Pixie"rah rah goooo Raven Waift!"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Rooster,

I'm sorry I yelled at you on the phone. I really am. It's not your fault that the Hatchling imitates your fake cough nor is it your fault that he fake coughs for attention. It not your fault that the fake cough sounds identical to the 'I'm about to be sick' cough.

I am really sorry.

Dear Xmas Shoppers,

Thank you for stopping and looking at me in disgust as my son threw his lunch up everywhere. Thank you to the teen who exclaimed "She's not going to clean it up!" as I walked over to let someone know what had happened. Thank you to the woman who gasped "She's going to leave him in those wet clothes!" as I notified someone about the mess. You've all just reminded me why I hate people.

Dear Granny Brigade (before anyone says anything, they were wearing t-shirts with that on it),

Thank you. Thank you so much for your understanding and kindness. A simple "Oh it's okay honey, we've all been there" would have been enough. You didn't have to buy a washcloth, two towels & a romper. You also didn't need to give me hugs.

Thank you thank you thank you. I just wish you'd have let me do something special for you.

ChickyBee

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Dear Pixiechic,
I want to go driving tomorrow, but that is unlikely. DH works 3rd shift, so if we go in the morning it is late evening for him. He generally works more than 8 hours, and it is hard to sleep in the daytime.

The next step is highway driving, which will probably be Friday. My exams are done Friday, so I think we are getting Donatos before our D&D game.

I want to go driving now- I am so excited.

The only real issue is driving for long periods of time. Normally when I am stressed I am able to calm myself, but I can't when driving. The stress just builds until I can't concentrate. I just need practice.

I'll definately let people know when I go in for the test- and I'll have a LAM post when I pass.

Raven Waift

Brillo Bee and lavender blue,
Thanks so much. It makes me so happy that people really are happy for me. It is really hard to learn to drive when you are as high strung as I am, and I really appreciate all the encouragement.

Thanks again,
Raven Waift

--------------------
My my space.

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  18  19  20   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages