snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters you wish you could send - December 2006 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters you wish you could send - December 2006
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear God,

: Sigh :

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Ana Ng,
I thought I was the only one. Thank you! Besides, there are so many other fun not-so-sucky dancign movies out there they can imitate instead of trying to keep re-making one over and over again.

vanilla(liked the campy Strictly Ballroom much better)pink

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Zorro, you might try simply narrating your life for your baby. Like at the grocery store: "Okay, we have to get milk, bread, and cheese. Here's the milk. . ."

It may sound silly to you at first, because of course he doesn't really understand what you're saying, but this is how you prepare him to understand. And in the meantime, he'll enjoy hearing your voice.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 302 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear caller to the local talk radio show I listen to ( here is the subject of discussion ): thanks a lot for comparing straight couples to nuts and bolts. [fish] I'll never walk into a hardware store with a straight face again.

signed, [Roll Eyes] and [lol] listener

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Body,

So you had to go and get the cold anyhow, eh? Well I fooled you, I got up and went to work anyhow. So there. The presentation will get done, neener-neener.

Best,
Me

Dear Coworkers,

I apologize for coming into work while sick. I did put a biohazard sticker on my office door and I promise I wash my hands with Purell before I leave my office.

Especially grad student B! It was very kind of you to brave my office in order to find out what I needed for the poster. I am not sure if you were lying or not, but the "everyone else is sick, too. Don't worry about it! Either I'll get it or I won't" was very nice. And I do appreciate the help.

TGirl

Dear bottle of Sierra Mist Free,

Was it really necessary to explode all over my legs when I opened you? Now I have to wait for my pants to dry before I venture out in the cold. You had better be done by the time I finish the latest draft of my presentation.

Your drinker.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
creative gal
Deck the Malls

Icon 99 posted      Profile for creative gal     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self,

Why, oh why were you so worried about today?? I know you had pretty much convinced yourself you were quitting your current job for the other position, but surprise, surprise, you got both! How? Mainly because working 2 or 3 shows a day wasn't feasible, considering your little post is shut during the week when the school kids are about. It's bound to be quite stressful in the next couple of weeks, but just take it as it comes and try to keep calm. You've done well.

love

Self.

PS to self, Get the xmas shopping done ASAP, but for now, got to bed!

ETA

Dear O,
Thank you so much for hiring me over Christmas. I know the staff are normally volunteers (having been one myself previously) and thus really appreciate you taking me on as a paid employee. You know I'm passionate about my job, and always do it to the best of my ability. Thanks again.

L.

--------------------
Come sail your ships around me
And burn your bridges down..

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Collaborator,

You said you would be done in half an hour. That was one and a half hours ago.

I want to finish this ****ing paper!

--NewZer0

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Snopesters,

I am overwhelmed by gratitude for all your support. Thank you all so much. Dang, I knew there was a reason I liked it here!

Love,
Zorro

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear "R",

You say "nice guys suck" and that you "get bored" with them. And we ask you what you mean by "nice guy" and you define that as: "someone who does what I tell them to. When I say, "jump", they ask "how high?"..." Trust me- that's not a "nice guy".

You can't complain that "nice guys suck" then in the next breath brag about abusing said nice guys and then claim there are no guys out there worth dating. There are plenty of great guys out there for dating. If you're going to find silly flaws with every single man you meet, you'll eventually run out of men. (He's a plumber and you find that a flaw?)

Don't blame men for you being shallow. Your first question upon hearing that J knew a single guy was "How much money does he make?" Even my 13 year old thought that was shallow.

~The lady in the room who was knocked speechless at your statements.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Maddie
Rejoice, Rejoice, I've Found the Manuel!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maddie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear fiancee,

I hate you [fish] .

I shall win Monopoly some day [Big Grin] .

No love...alright, LOTS of love,

Mads

--------------------
"I'm sorry for your loss. Your mother was a terribly attractive woman." - Royal Tenenbaum

Posts: 44 | From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hastings
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hastings   E-mail Hastings   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear me,

Ok, you made the appointment with the doctor. That's a good step. You're scared of talking to the doctor. That's the brain chemicals that hate you speaking. Either you go there and tell them what the problems are, or you remain in this depressed neverland for the foreseeable future, and you know that sooner or later the scalpel comes out. And that's stupid. You know it is. You know you know it is.

So for god's sake, brave the doctor!

Vague affection,
Me.

(Sorry, I'm just being a wuss.)

Posts: 45 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear upper respiratory infection,

You suck. Tomorrow, there is chicken noodle soup in your future, from Cantor's Deli. And, as we all know, Jewish deli chicken noodle soup can cure anything, probably even cancer.

You will be killed. And I won't have to wheeze anymore.

No love,
Ms. K

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear A,

WTF? I can't decide whether you think I read your blog or not these days, since your farewell post back in September explaining that you were stopping writing it, but I'm going to guess that you assume I drop in occasionally. Even if you haven't mentioned starting again and I have said nothing about reading it.

So again I say WTF?! Just who the hell do you think you are? I'm "broken"? I'm who I am because of you, because of things you've done? I don't have "the power" to have made my life decisions myself so it all must have been you? You arrogant bastard!

You really, really have a problem with me not drinking, don't you? And it's all about you, of course. It can't possibly be because I recognised there was a serious problem, that I knew I had crossed a line the moment I got behind the wheel of my car in no fit state to drive. Being sober is "broken"? Not wanting to get into debt is "broken"? Having a sense of responsibility is "broken"? If that's broken then I pray I'm never fixed.

Let me tell you something, honey - this last year has been a tough but amazing one for me. I've finally accepted who I am and am happy with who I am. I've met myself and for the first time I can remember I like me. Is that what the problem is? That I'm not some f***ed up little idiot anymore, willing to go along with your latest whim?

While I've been getting my head straight, you've been living in what can only be called squalor; you've hooked up with one waste of skin after the other; you've let these guys use you, treat you like crap and even when you've had the sense to throw them out you let them back in again after a month or so. And you involve everyone around you in sorting out their issues, in buying them for you. It's like you need to drag everyone else down, that you need to be the centre of the universe for everyone you know.

I'll be interested to see whether that post remains intact when you sober up this morning and read it. I'm not going to mention it to you, because if I do I will be screaming. That's the danger of your stream of consciousness style - sometimes you let go what you might not want people to actually know. And if that's really what you think of me, then don't be surprised to see less of me than you have recently.

C.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear scuz in the white car this morning,
When I'm looking out the bus window, I'm expecting to see scenery.
Not some freakin' perv fapping in his car as he's driving.
Just...ew!
And was it freakin' neccessary to keep pace with the bus so that anyone could see you ?
Guh. My mind is boggled and needs bleaching.
~Someone who hope that you didn't see me in your fappdom.

Dear person in the aisle next to me,
Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you by violently rearing back from the widnow and letting out the "eeeeewwwww!" moan that I did.
And doubly sorry for putting the image into your head of some perv fapping in his car.
~The short girl in the big wool coat and black stocking cap.

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kizzcee007
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kizzcee007   E-mail kizzcee007   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Self,

Why do you invite these germs in?

Just close the door on them...in fact dont even open the door....shout "Go away" thru' the letter box and then ignore them 'til they go away. I'm fed up of unwanted guests making me wheeze, cough, sneeze and feel like poo. 3 days now and they show no sign of taking the hints that I'm telling them to go and leave me alone.

I've dosed you up with Lemsip - Max Flu and Cold strength! - I've snuggled up under a huge pink duvet that makes me look like a massive marshmallow - I've slept during the day (something I never do) and still they stay. I've even been sick loads, and still the message hasn't sunk it.

Yukky germs please go away and leave me alone...the door's there, go on GO... [Frown]

Posts: 156 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Fiance,
When I ask you to teach me how to play Risk, I was not asking "Please explain the very basics of the game to me, and then proceed to whup me and end the game in less than an hour". Teaching also includes information about basic strategies in the game. Hmph.

At least I took away your satisfaction in winning.

Much love,
ladyknight

Dear Class,
I have my final in you next week. It's on everything we've covered this semester, including what was on the midterm. Please don't be hard. I don't have as much time to study for you as I'd like; this is a busy week.

Thanks!
A student

Dear Kay, Jared's, Helzburg, and every other jewelry store who advertises on TV and the radio:

Please, enough is enough! I'm not going to yell at The Fiance if he doesn't buy me something from Jared's. I don't want the crappy "circle of life" pendants you keep advertising.

Kay, I'm perfectly happy kissing The Fiance without getting jewelry from your store. And the guys in your ads are a little short on creativity. They just put a bow on top of the box itself, no wrapping, no nothing. How special is that?

In short, for all you folks in that industry, your ads are trite, lacking in imagination, and perpetuate stereotypes that make me gag. Please stop.

Hatefully,
Someone who likes jewelry, not jewelry stores

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear NBC,

Why must I wait until January for new episodes of Heroes? I think that's very sadistic.

sincerely,
a viewer

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Manic Soprano
Deck the Malls

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Manic Soprano   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Dear" Dad,

ARGH! You borderline HARASS me for weeks to know what Mom wants for Christmas. I gave you a list on at least two separate occasions. Finally, you discover that for a "big" gift, she wants a GPS system. You shop around for the best deals, and you had one all picked out. Perfect.

Now you've decided the one at mom's work is an even better deal, especially with mom's discount. So you make her go buy her own Christmas present? After all these whispers and esponiage work to keep everything hush hush?

Oh yes, and when you bring the dog outside, you MUST bring the clicker and the treats too!! Puppy will never learn otherwise.

Manic Eldest.

Dearest SO,

Don't get any ideas from what I told you. I just thought it was rather strange that a ring I've been wearing for years has been mistaken twice in the past week for a promise ring. Not because I actually want a promise ring. I just thought it was odd that all the girls at school seem to have "engagements" and "promise rings" on the brain.

Yes, one would be nice. But you don't have money for such an expenditure. There are lots of perfectly nice things that won't empty your wallet, that I would like for Christmas instead.

Sincerely,
Manic Soprano

Please take note of kizzcee's letter.

Sincerely,
Manic Soprano

Dear ladyknight,

I relate on the cliche jewellery promos. I awoke to a trite jewellry ad pushing diamond earrings (I think it was Kay). I was half asleep, and I don't remember the exact logistics, but some kid changed the words to "The Night Before Christmas" and then the husband gave his wife diamond earrings. I remember thinking "what a load!"

Jewellery is nice, but I don't believe it's the "be all, end all" of gifts and I certainly don't believe that a guy needs to break the bank to buy something nice for his girl. There are lots of other perfectly nice things I'd much rather have.

Manic Soprano

--------------------
Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!

Posts: 234 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seasonal petrelgirl
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seasonal petrelgirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear snopesters,
The following letters are to various people regarding something that happened and is resolved everywhere but my concience.

Dear self,
Get over it. It was not your fault they did that. It was R's. Yes, you should have done that when you knew you were going to not leave your room again. So stop beating yourself up.

Dear MB,
I know we've apologized to each other 500 times, me for being aloof and you for yelling at me, but I still want you to know that I cried not because you accused me, because as I've said, I already accused myself, but because I was startled you yelled at all.

Dear R,
I can't believe you. Not only did you talk V and MA into doing that, but the reason why you didn't talk to MB was because you knew she would get emotional Gee, if you knew she would get emotional if you just talked to her, why did you lack the foresight that she would get emotional when the boys would do that? I can't believe you!

Dear V,
I don't really know you that well, we're friendly mostly because I'm friendly with MA. I know I didn't see you when this happened, and I kind of want to thank you for letting me know it wasn't my fault when we were freaking out. I know this is something that will probably weigh heavily, because I'm really close to MB.

Dear MA,
I really can't believe you. You NFBSKing spoke to me about what was going on, leaving out the fact of how you were going to do it, and then when MB confronted you, you said I was NFBSKing asleep! You also lead me to believe MB and the RA were down with this. YOU are the person I'm most upset with here. R apologized to MB. V apologized to MB. I apologized to her half a dozen times. You haven't apologized to her about this incident or lying to her, even to the point of having her blame me! I'm sorry. If you really feel no remorse, whatever shrapnel of being friendly to each other is gone.

--------------------
"I suggest we decide through a knife battle" "But you're the only one of us that carries a knife." "Correction, [I carry] four."

Posts: 64 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear other drivers,

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [flame] [flame] [flame]

oh yeah, and a NFBSK, #%!@&*$, and ************ too [Mad]

Sincerley,
the white peon

Dear 0-2,

I swear, you are the female version of Dr. Jekyll himself. You are one of the reasons why I didn't apply for the 1-2. Working under you 2 steps is bad enough, I can't imagine working directly under you. Neither one of us would last long.

Your senior 2-7

Dear 1-2,
As happy as I am that you got a promotion to aa new store, that doesn't mean you can drop the ball even further into your 2-7s collective laps. We are here to ASSIST you, not do your friggin job. I told you a week and a half ago about the December board not being up, and you did nothing about it until 0-1 called you out on it, on the white board!! (that BTW, I thought was hysterical, up for all the world to see). And the Dec board is your responsibility, not 2-5's. She's got enough work to do on her own, you don't have to add to it.

Why don't you try being a 1-2 for the rest of the time you're here? I could use the help.

Sincerley,
The 1-2-7

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear coffee company,

When you send someone out to fix the coffee maker, can you make sure that they do it so it stays fixed. Having to call you every other day for a repair is not fixing the machine. Especially for the same damned problem. Either replace the maker or I'm tossing it off the roof.

Signed,

Receptionist suffering caffine withdrawls

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Ladyknight,

I am of the opinion that Risk and Pictionary are the two games most likely to cause divorce if played with your spouse.

My husband always manages to leave out the one rule of any game that ends up being the one I base my entire strategy on. Three-quarters of the way in, I will make a bold, brilliant, and hopefully unexpected move, only to have him say "Oh, you can't put 5 builders on the castle. Didn't I read that rule?"

Never ever play Risk with anyone you want to still like in the morning.

Love,
Married to a gaming fanatic (no I do not want to play Caylus again I hate that game!)

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Digestive System,
Thanks for keeping down the toast and water for over 2 hours now. A nice cup of tea will follow soon.

Your owner who is still sore.

Dear Temperature Regulating System,

The indoor temp is now 25 C. I am not sitting in the fire just to keep warm. Sort it out now.

Your shivering owner.

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear nuns who taught at the Catholic school that Mrs. T attended:

Not teaching them "Do-Re-Mi" I can understand. I can't understand teaching them false things about the significance of religious holidays, especially those that originated within the Catholic church.

Love,
A Protestant who knows that Christmas did not purport to be the actual birthday of Jesus

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear UrbanReindeer,
It doesn't help that he started playing Risk when he was 9 or so...about 16 years ago. He doesn't even think about some of the things that, are to him, obvious. Le sigh. And here I thought it would be something fun for us to do.
Love,
lady"about to be married to a gaming fanatic"knight

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UrbanReindeer:
I am of the opinion that Risk and Pictionary are the two games most likely to cause divorce if played with your spouse.

Ah, that's because you haven't yet been properly exposed to bridge, a game sure to plant thoughts, not of divorce, but of spousal murder.

Barbara "bridge widow" Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
remigo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for remigo   E-mail remigo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Scrabble too. I probably ought to include Scrabble as a contributing factor to the ending of my relationship.

--------------------
If you don't cry it isn't love
If you don't cry then you just don't feel it deep enough

Posts: 238 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Self,

Cling to the good days. Cling to them! Sometimes he's like the weather- wait a few minutes and he'll change.

Love,
Yourself

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by christmas tree kitapper:
Dear NBC,

Why must I wait until January for new episodes of Heroes? I think that's very sadistic.

sincerely,
a viewer

Dear NBC,

Kitap makes a very good point here.

sincerely,
another viewer

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Back:

Oh, no, we're not going through this day of pain again. Stop it now.

Algae

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 86 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
--- a bit of squeamish space ---

--- a bit more ---

Dear Princessfluffybutt, aka Nori the Shiba Inu,

I'm very proud of you. You've done your part again to rid us of the mouse problem I ranted about just a couple of days ago. You're a good puppy, and obviously the breed description doesn't lie about shibas being bred as small game hunters. Your enthusiasm is appreciated.

HOWEVER reining in the enthusiasm just a bit would make mommy a lot happier. Stepping out of the shower and noting what might have been a liver(?) on the bathroom tile along with some ribbons of drying intestine that I had to pry off, along with the dry bloodstain that needed wiping up just did NOT make my afternoon. You were very nice and gave up the carcass when mommy stepped into the bedroom and saw it laying on the floor beside you, and I made sure to tell you what a wonderful girl you are. But then when I turned back to the bathroom to dispose of the body there was a string of the guts stuck at my eye level on the door! What in the heck-? You're a 20 lb dog, you had to be slinging that thing pretty damn hard. Uggh.

At least mommy doesn't have to make herself anything for lunch now. Probably not dinner either. Let's see if coffee settles my tummy a bit eh?

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 604 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara:
quote:
Originally posted by UrbanReindeer:

Ah, that's because you haven't yet been properly exposed to bridge, a game sure to plant thoughts, not of divorce, but of spousal murder.

Barbara "bridge widow" Mikkelson

That's a good point, I didn't consider bridge. Mostly because he plays it and I don't really. But I understand the game and completely see how it could lead to homicidal thoughts. I get mad enough when he beats me 10 games in a row of Koi-koi.

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Taco Bell,

Well, I hope you're happy. You ruined my vomit streak. And in the middle of class, to boot!

Mintyfreshly,

Chloe

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Catling,

After reading what Spamamander wrote to Princessfluffybutt, I would like to thank you for (generally) leaving most of the mouse in the mouse. Now, if you could just refrain from bringing them into the house... No? Oh well.

- The food lady.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phil'sGirl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil'sGirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear ill Snopesters,

Virtual chicken soup and maximum strength painkillers to all of you.

May you get well before you have to start going to parties this season.

Phil'sGirl

--------------------
"Nobody ever looks like McCarthy, sir. That's how they get in the door in the first place" Toby on The West Wing

Posts: 816 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages