snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters you wish you could send - December 2006 (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters you wish you could send - December 2006
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jocko's Jolly:
quote:
Originally posted by NewZer0:
Dear ---,

I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you more than I can ever say. I love you so much my heart breaks.

Now what?

--Me

Unless there are unsurmountable complications preventing you, send or say some version of this, that's what!
Unfortunately, there are several unsurmountable complications. Quite the bummer. But I do believe the person to whom this is addressed knows how I feel. At least I hope so.

--NewZer0

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear low grade fever,

Where'd you come from? Get lost.

Loy

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear massive depressive swing...

I'm assuming this means Auntie Flo is coming to visit soon, plus post-holiday letdown and all that, but the crying jags and wanting to sleep 20 of 24 hours is seriously uncool. My parents are driving up here tomorrow and I don't need to be a weepy dip.

Go away. Please?

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin':
Dear WC,

Is this just a remake of the original? Or did they add stuff to it...like multiplayer?

If they added stuff, I may just have the excuse I need to go out and get a PSP. [Big Grin]

Dear IlGreven,

I only found out about it today, so I have not been able to do much research yet. But according to my sources at GameFAQS, it seems like there will be new cutscenes, new jobs classes, a new soundtrack, and potential wireless multiplayer.

If you're interested, here's the official Japanese website. Personally, I can't anything even after translation.

With regards to the PSP, you might want to consider waiting until they begin offering the PSOne downloads.

Best of luck,
Wild Card

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self,

Christmas and your birthday the day after was delightful. You were more upbeat than anyone else. You even got to see a movie you thought you never would through that free 2 week subscription to Netflix. You got addicted to playing Chuzzle. I don't know why you feel like utter crap now. I don't know why life is meanless and you feel lethargic. You haven't felt like this in a long time. You haven't skipped meds, so that's not it. Why? Why the utter hopelessness? Why the deep despair? Why?

-Yourself

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self-

Don't lower yourself to the stupid rantings on a juvenile-based (maturity-wise) message board. It's intended for the MMORPG you play so it is populated primarily by late-teen males who think they know everything and are goddess' gift to this planet. Getting pissed about an issue on there- when it's something that is even debated somewhat here, among people who actually know debate and discourse- is just downright silly. You aren't going to change their minds.

These are KIDS. They don't understand what forces a parent into medicating a child for ADD, or the nature of true depression for the most part. The arguments that we're a drug culture and people just need to "get over it" aren't worth your time. The one that particularly annoyed you- the one who claims to be a psych major, and bipolar, but doesn't believe in medication for brain disorders- has to be completely full of shit, to put it bluntly. They'll discover the real world soon enough.

- Me.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear fellow snopesters

Did you miss the announcement?

There's a new message board. Please come over and register. If you're not there, I will miss you terribly.

love,
Spam & cookies-mmm

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Done! I have the same member name, so I'll be easy to find! [Big Grin]

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Salamander
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salamander   E-mail Salamander   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
Dear fellow snopesters

Did you miss the announcement?

There's a new message board. Please come over and register. If you're not there, I will miss you terribly.

love,
Spam & cookies-mmm

Dear Spam & Cookies,

Some of us (okay... me) are aware of the new boards but are also incredibly neurotic and handle change about as well as a snail handles salt (or FEMA handles hurricanes). So as long as the old board is operational I'll shelter here until the plug is pulled and I'm forced to deal with all the new stuff.

Regards,

Deeply neurotic Sal

--------------------
"victory thru self-deception"

Posts: 2211 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
delta_T
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for delta_T   E-mail delta_T   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Spamamander,

I don't know what MMO you play, but if the board is anything like the ones I've encountered (WoW, Maple Story, Ragnarok), you are absolutely right about the maturity level. I'd say that the average age is more like 10-15. I've made some friends in game, but not on the message boards.

My older son has ADD, too, but what they call the "inattentive subgroup" (excessive daydreaming), so the usual meds wouldn't help, but I absolutely respect parents who make that choice for their kid. It's not to make the parents life easier, it's to help your child cope.

ETA: and a and an m

Posts: 25 | From: Guelph, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

I play Lineage 2... and I guess I get spoiled. My clan is almost all adults and actually act like it for the most part... and a lot of us are women which is an even greater plus. I forget what kind of asstoques people can be!

--------------------

delta_T

Icon 1 posted      Profile for delta_T   E-mail delta_T   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Spamamander

I've never played Lineage 2, what's it like?

FWIW, my son is now 17, and actually doing very well. I wish his former classmates/teachers could see how well! They basically wrote him off in public school, but he came into his own in high school.

Posts: 25 | From: Guelph, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
Dear Spam & Cookies,

Some of us (okay... me) are aware of the new boards but are also incredibly neurotic and handle change about as well as a snail handles salt (or FEMA handles hurricanes). So as long as the old board is operational I'll shelter here until the plug is pulled and I'm forced to deal with all the new stuff.

Regards,

Deeply neurotic Sal

[Smile] OK. I understand that too. I know you're not the only one. But there are a few who missed the message.

I sent a PM to one person asking if she was going, and she thought she "wasn't invited"; she hadn't seen the announcement, and her bookmarks still took her to this board. Another sent out a myspace bulletin saying she thought she was banned because the board wouldn't accept her password anymore. So I thought I'd mention it. I didn't mean to sound pushy.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

[MMORPG hijack]

Lineage 2 can be, well- very repetitive. It's very grind-intense for levels, so it tends to attract some fairly hard-core gamers. The plus is that the graphics are absolutely stellar and if you find a good clan/ alliance the grind isn't so bad. [Smile] They are making the newbie levels a bit easier with more rewards to attract a larger North American player base (it's a Korean-based game which is why it's so grind intense, American gamers tend towards faster rewards like in WoW).

Lineage 2 Official Site

Aurora Alliance webpage

[/end MMORPG hijack]

I'm glad to hear your son is doing well. [Smile] My oldest daughter was dx'd ADHD when she was this age as well, and no longer needs the medications just a few little nudges now and then to help her focus on what needs doing. She has a 3.8 GPA, in jROTC, choir, and sports, and otherwise kicks ass [Big Grin] .

--------------------

delta_T

Dear Spamamander

I'm downloading the 7 day trial as I type this.

Glad to hear you're daughter's doing so well! [Big Grin]

Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear cold that is currently tormenting my respiratory system,

Die. I went all fall without a cold, and now, three days before I am going back to work, you slam me with this? I hate you, but I will have my vengeance. I am staying home all day today, I took something to help me sleep last night, and I am dosing you with tea, water, vitamin c, and cold eeze. You WILL leave me the NFBSK alone by Tuesday!

With hatred,
Zorro

PS. Stay the NFBSK away from the Zorrling!

Dear three-year-old niece,

I had a lovely time playing with you on Christmas Eve, but I am not enjoying this cold you gave me. I, as the adult, should have known better than to play with you while you were dripping snot. Next time you're sick, I am going nowhere near you. Please do not take it personally. It doesn't mean I don't love you.

Love,
Auntie Zorro

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Otis,

I did not appreciate having to go out first thing to buy a new keyboard for the computer. Nor am I happy to discover a small hole in the leg of my brand new jeans. Okay, so I bought them in a sale but that's hardly the point. Stop bloody chewing everything, and keep away from my desk in future.

At least the rug seems to have foiled you for now.

Love,
the food provider

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dear Babby
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dear Babby     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
But there are a few who missed the message.
......... I didn't mean to sound pushy. [/QB]

Not pushy at all. I hate to think that someone who wants to move over might miss the announcement.
Posts: 326 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Cinnamon, I'm starting to think you would have been better off with a cat, after all. I have a cat in a one bedroom cottage, and it doesn't seem to be a problem at all (since I seem to remember it being a space issue that prompted the choice of pet). Good luck with the bunny, though. [Smile]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Michigan Girl
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michigan Girl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Woman who is living in the house I am supposed to be moving into this week,

Answer your phone and tell the landlord what day that you are moving out, or call him back, damn it! You gave 30 days notice, they did not give you a 30 day notice! I am supposed to move in this week, but I still don't know when, even though my lease is supposed to start on January 2.

Michigan "hopefully moving into a rented house and getting away from bad neighbors, if it's ever empty" Girl

--------------------
~ Yep, I'm in Michigan ~ My blog http://catsrule2k.blogspot.com/
I am not willing to give up my constitutional freedoms just because I have nothing to hide

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NeeCD:
Cinnamon, I'm starting to think you would have been better off with a cat, after all. I have a cat in a one bedroom cottage, and it doesn't seem to be a problem at all (since I seem to remember it being a space issue that prompted the choice of pet). Good luck with the bunny, though. [Smile]

It was my Mum really - she didn't think keeping a cat shut up in the flat the whole time (letting it out really wouldn't be an option) would be fair and the bunny seems quite happy in his cage although he demands a run around the carpet fairly frequently. Most of the time he's lovely but he does have a tendency to ignore all the toys I've bought for him to chew and go for everything he shouldn't eat, hence holes in the carpet, futon, my jeans and Mum's brand new leather handbag. Plus he seems to have turned into a horny adolescent at the moment and having a bunny attempting to hump your leg while you're watching TV is a bit disconcerting. He will be paying a visit to the vet in the not too distant future, and they're meant to calm down a bit afterwards.

But he's great for a cuddle, he always looks pleased to see me when I get home from work and although I've only had him a couple of months I would really miss him if he wasn't here. He climbed onto the futon then into the hay box while I was cleaning his cage this morning and he looked so cute sitting in the hay and nibbling away. I just wish he would stop chewing everything in sight.

--------------------

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wasn't criticizing, and I would never suggest that you get rid of your pet, I just always kind of get a giggle when I see that Otis has chewed up something else. My cat is an indoor-only pet, except when I take her out with a harness and lead. I also knew someone who had two well-adjusted cats in a small apartment, so I guess I just don't have the same concern with it that your mum does.

Anyway, I know how sweet bunnies can be, too. I had a pet rabbit when I was 10, but she was an outside pet. I could let her in for short times, but usually I just led her around the yard on her lead (an old cat harness and lead).

Using this as an opportunity to try out the scanner on my new printer, here is a picture of my rabbit, Chicory, out playing in the snow:
 -

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know we're not really supposed to do this...can't help myself....

SQUEEE!! Wookit da cute widdle bunny wunny!!!

Now I miss my old floppyeared bunny Piney, named after a stoner from my English class. Wonder how the original Piney is doing these days...

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

quote:
Originally posted by NeeCD:
I wasn't criticizing, and I would never suggest that you get rid of your pet, I just always kind of get a giggle when I see that Otis has chewed up something else. My cat is an indoor-only pet, except when I take her out with a harness and lead. I also knew someone who had two well-adjusted cats in a small apartment, so I guess I just don't have the same concern with it that your mum does.

I know you weren't criticizing, but I do tend to just complain about the bunny so I figured I ought to mention occasionally that I do actually like him. He managed to wake me up at 7.30 this morning from two rooms away because he wanted a run around - who would have thought a rabbit would be so loud? But I got a new year's cuddle as well and now he's back in his cage and curled up for a nap. It's at this point that I just want to pick him up again because he looks so cute!

Chicory was adorable! I wondered about trying Otis with a lead and harness, but knowing him he would probably just chew through it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages