snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters you wish you could send - December 2006 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters you wish you could send - December 2006
creative gal
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for creative gal     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self,

Stay calm on the job front, see whether you even get offered the more appealing position, and if so, consider your options well. You are perfectly capable of working your current job, and I know you'd enjoy working at the theatre much more, but maybe focus on getting through till January, certainly if you don't get the theatre job, and then shift your volunteering at the theatre towards marketing and other areas you would be interested in pursuing. Keep smiling at work and don't let snide little comments get you down.

love

CG.

--------------------
Come sail your ships around me
And burn your bridges down..

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:
From old thread

quote:
Originally posted by Psihala:
quote:
Please head over to New Hampshire ASAP, since you obviously made a wrong turn somewhere.
It shoulda made a left turn at Albuquerque.

~Psihala

It did! It snowed here yesterday and it's way too early for that as well.
Funny! I was originally going to type "since you obviously made a left turn at Albuquerque instead of going straight through" and then thought to myself, "but it isn't snowing in Albuquerque!" Should have stuck to my first impulse, after all.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Warlok
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warlok     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear caring friends,

Yes, I am alone for the holidays. Yes, I truly appreciate your invitations for T-day, X-mas and weekends. But, truly, I am comfortable alone and when I thank you I really mean it. I'm not just being polite.... and no, I don't need three more invitations just to be sure. Yes, some people need the invitations and really enjoy the opportunity to have someone around, even if they are not close friends (and it's a nice thing to do). But once someone declines, please trust their judgement.

War 'I wish it would snow' lok

Then it would be "OK to be alone with a book" [Wink]

--------------------
Inconceivable

Posts: 2755 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Vanilla,

It's not his regular job - his regular boss would hit the roof if he heard that someone was even thinking of doing that.

This is even worse - he takes a tow truck every second weekend so a friend can have a break and spend a bit of time with his kids. Yes, he gets paid for it, but it's still something he's done as a favour to help out a friend. A is about to learn very abruptly what a demanding mistress the job can be.

Thank you for the support. [Smile]

ChickyBee

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Research Paper,

Are you sure you can't write yourself? I did all the research part. Can't you meet me halfway and come up with the paper part?

Signed,
Weary Student

ETA:
Dear Classical Music CDs,

I'd forgotten how excellent you are to listen to while working on papers or studying! You were most definitely a bargain of bargains 13 years ago-- $3.95 from K-mart, less the 10% employee discount I got back then. You are awesome. [Big Grin]

Love,
Me

Dear Asshole Ex-sort of BF from High School,

For introducing me to this music, I have forgiven you everything. Bach and Mozart are worth it. [Smile]

Peace,
Me

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear depression/ hormones,

Just knock it the NFBSK off. I know my conscious self has to do some stuff about this, like getting a new psych and trying to do some shit for myself, but you're really dragging me down. The combo of my cycle plus depression always blows, it just seems even worse this month. Hubby is leaving for a week and you can't afford to be a wreck just now.

Dear mice that have taken up residence,

Dang you're getting bolder. I've seen you guys bolt across the open room twice today! I really don't like the idea of killing you, I'm more of a live and let live kind of gal, but this is getting to be too much. Two of you have landed in traps and two have met their demise via the dogs, get a hint please! I know it's 10 degrees out at night but just dig a deeper hole, don't hang out in my stove.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Filet,

You're not alone with your mice issues. I gave up trying to be nice. And don't you hate that you can never seem to figure out where they came in? Ours seems to enjoy taunting my SO most of all. She insists they do it on purpose.

-LittleDuck

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear customers,
*It's not my fault that you waited so long to do your holiday shopping, so stop acting like twits.
*I have to ask such awful questions, like what your name is, where are we shipping, and what you are orderding. Sorry that it is such an imposition to actually try to get the info from you. Next time, I'll just use my uper[owers to magically read your mind ovedr the phone and teleport all the stuff you want directly to the place it's shipping to.
* I have no damn clue who you are. Giving me just your first name does nothing. Neither does giving me your first name and zip code. Do you really think that you are the only Joan or whatever in yur zip code ?
* if you are in a hurry, why are you calling, instead of using the website ?
Similarly, why are you calling if you don't want to speak to an actual person ?
~The agent that is in charge of making sure your holiday will not suck.

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear JDRF,

Why are you doing this? I participated in the Walk for the Cure in January. I have been continually bombarded with mailings and emailings since that time. I have not responded to anything, have not corresponded with you in any way, shape or form. In fact, most of the time I throw your sh!t away as soon as it shows up in my mailbox. And now this? You've sent me a packet assuming I will be a Team Captain in this coming year's Walk? I haven't told anyone this, I didn't respond to the solicitation at work, nothing! I'm not doing this again! Stop sending me paperwork; I don't care!!

Sincerely,
ladyknight
*I did send a nicer version of this letter to the email addresses of the two people listed on the letter I got. Hopefully it'll do the trick.

Dear Kitsune26,

On Thursday, I talked with a really unpleasant man on the phone. I had to send him a PIN to access his information, so I asked him to verify his address for me. His response? "I don't want to do that". I immediately said, "Very well sir, in that case I cannot guarantee that this will be sent to your correct address!".

I agree with all your points, by the way, although I'd like to add one more. Not only do I not know who you, I don't care either. Telling me that you are so-and-so from whatever town doesn't fill me with admiration. Just give me the information so I can help you with what you need. We're not forming an admiration society here.

Lady"No sir, I don't care that you're a registered rep"knight

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear KB,

You made me laugh. You said stuff that nobody else said, but they were all thinking. Thank you for that!

~Me *snicker*

Dear Idiot drivers,

We had snow yesterday. I know that you know this, because you live in this town too. So, tell me, why is it that I can take the broom from my house and clear all the snow off the hood of my truck, the top of my truck, the headlights and the back bumper and you can't? You drive a little car, does your broom not reach? Is my broom special in that it works on my large truck? How can you drive that car with 8 inches of snow on the hood- can you even see over it?

Since you insist on driving like that, do me a favor and don't drive when I'm out. I mean, seriously, the least you could do is brush the snow off the front and rear of your vehicle so we can see your blinkers... wait... you probably don't know your car even has blinkers.

Stay out of my way, thanks.

~The lady in the red truck who knows how to drive in the snow

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Maddie
Rejoice, Rejoice, I've Found the Manuel!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maddie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tribrats:
Dear Weather,

What the NFBSK! Now we are getting a severe thunderstorm?! Not only is it severe thunderstorm, it's one of the worst we have gotten all year!

So that's where our thunderstorm went! We had thunderstorms in the forecast all day & all we got were a few drizzles.

--------------------
"I'm sorry for your loss. Your mother was a terribly attractive woman." - Royal Tenenbaum

Posts: 44 | From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear CrapMart,

I don't understand why you let customers return months-old, obviously used junk, but you won't take my check because I didn't have my driver's license on me. I knew the number, but that wasn't good enough. What the heck? Yes, I should have remembered that my wallet was by the computer, and not in my purse, but good grief! It's not like I had anything expensive, just ingredients to make a birthday cake. Now I won't be able to go back to the store for hours. This has thrown off my entire day.

You Suck,
Starla

P.S. to the checker: "Let me ask the manager" should be followed by turning on the flashing light at your register or making a call, not by craning your neck a little bit for ten minutes while asking me repeatedly if I was sure I didn't have my license. You wasted the time I could have used to go home and come back.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tia
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tia   E-mail Tia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Builder,

You started work at the beginning of July, you said you would be finished by the end of August. It is now December, you say you will be finished by Christmas, but have just given me a list of things I will need to sort out once you have gone. What's that all about?

I know it's not your fault that things have taken so much longer. It's not your fault the previous owners didn't bother with foundations. It's not your fault the whole roof needed replacing, and it's not your fault you broke your arm tripping over my nightmare neighbour's rubbish. Thank you for fixing it so the delivery chap who broke his collar bone at the same time has agreed not to sue. It's not your fault the ceiling fell down where nightmare neighbour had a washing machine leak, and I am grateful to you for replacing the moulding insulation stuff too.

That said, please, please, finish. I don't care if the cupboards only have 4 coats of paint and the bottom of the back of them is a little bit patchy - they're going to be full of all the things I packed up "just for a month" back in the summer, all the things which have been stacked on my kitchen table since July, all the things which have completely filled the playroom. I won't see the patchiness. Nor do I actually care if you haven't fitted skirting board inside the cupboard which is going to house the drier and the freezer - who's going to know?

Here are the details of my bank account. Call me when it's empty, until then, please just get on with the work, finish it up, do whatever you need to do to just get the job done.

Tia
ps - you may not like spinach, I do. Please don't poke at it when I'm trying to get my daughter to eat it.

Dear neighbour,

You have two delightful children. They will be noisy at times, that's a feature. Please don't scream at them for hours at a time. If you must scream at them for hours at a time, please put the carpets back - they did muffle a little of the noise.

I've now paid to have my roof fixed twice. Next time you lock yourself out, please do not rip my guttering off trying to climb up to your kitchen window. I've paid several thousand pounds to fix my ceiling where it has been damaged by your leaks. Please replace your washing machine.

The binmen come on Thursdays. That little gate to my garden is a gate, not a dump. All you have to do is carry your rubbish 3 yards further and dump them by the lamppost. Everyone else in this cul-de-sac manages that. Leaving them in the passageway stinks. You have made it impossible for me to open my bedroom window; too many flies attracted to your rubbish.

Where do you get all your dead furniture? Why is your garden slowly filling with mattresses, settees, and display cabinets? Some of them looked quite decent until you left them in the rain for three months. Why does your son need four mouldy buggies? If you put just one of them in your shed, it would stay in decent condition and you could use it again.

I've spoken to your mother. She tells me you have tried the "my bag was stolen" trick several times already this month. So no, I won't be lending you any more money. Nor will I be lending your friends money when they call round with ridiculous fabrications.

I really am sorry your life has been so difficult. There are alot of people around you who are trying to help. Please let them, and in the meantime, please take some responsibility for your own life and that of your children. Meanwhile, if you are completely incapable of doing that, please don't give your oldest a hard time when she calls round here when you've forgotten to be in (or conscious) when she gets back from school.

Tia

Posts: 12 | From: Oxfordshire, UK | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Evil_eyes
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil_eyes   Author's Homepage   E-mail Evil_eyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear boy,

Mommy is sorry that she has not seen you this week. I've been sick as well as you have, and you dont need to get any sicker or to get resick. I will see you on Monday and I assure you that I am not doing anything fun. I love you and I miss you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear K,

Thankyou for taking care of me this week while ive been sick. Yeah I manned it up long enough to go to work each day no need to be proud that I did that. I love you now go make me a sandwhich.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear J,

Stop being an ass. There really isnt a need for you to do the things that you do. Asshole.

E*E

--------------------
"Taking all the pain I give you
Loving blindly in return
And I need you more than ever"
WWW.Myspace.com/E_E2000

Posts: 1243 | From: Northern VA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dropbear
Angels from the Realms so Glurgy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dropbear     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self,

6 glasses of wine and a double scotch the night before an early start with an active 5 year old is contra-indicated. this has been proven empirically.

Drop-Ouch! Can we turn 'Little Einsteins' down a bit please, son-bear

--------------------
" The villagers had said justice had been done, and she'd lost patience and told them to go home, then, and pray to whatever gods they believed in that it was never done to them. -- (Terry Pratchett)

Posts: 823 | From: Hobart, Tasmania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Self,

Quit being so hard on yourself. Motherhood is not going to come naturally to you because of how you grew up. The Zorrling will never remember your awkwardness in his early months. Get over it and try to enjoy him before he goes to kindergarten.

Love,
Me

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Maddie:
quote:
Originally posted by tribrats:
Dear Weather,

What the NFBSK! Now we are getting a severe thunderstorm?! Not only is it severe thunderstorm, it's one of the worst we have gotten all year!

So that's where our thunderstorm went! We had thunderstorms in the forecast all day & all we got were a few drizzles.
Dear Maddie,

I can't believe how screwed up the weather has been this year.

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Zorro,

I'm the oldest of 16 cousins. I've been around kids and babies all my life. I've worked in daycare. I was scared to death about being a parent! Don't worry about how you are doing. It is amazing how quickly instincts can kick in when in an unfamiliar situation with your child. You will do fine.

tribrats

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Self,

Was it your brilliant idea to pack the Christmas cards you got on sale after Christmas with all the decorations? Now I need to wade through all the boxes trying to find the cards. I'm not impressed with your lack of foresight. I may even buy new cards because dammit there are a lot of boxes and I'm not even sure where they are. I hope you're happy!

Next year is going to be different.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Christie,

I used to do that every year. Now I have tons of unused Holiday cards that are now in their own box marked "holiday cards". They are kept in a closet in the hallway, rather than in the garage with the Christmas stuff,

Live and learn!
TGirl

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Co-Worker,

I am sorry I was so weird today. While I have little explanation other than stress and hormones, I know I should not have taken my frustration out on you, and that my responses to the situation were a little too strong. You were right to steer clear for a while, and right to be slightly aloof when I apologized. I hope this doesn't damage our friendship. You say you accept my apology and you seemed congenial enough when you left, but I sense you were happy to be free of me. Perhaps that was logical, but it stings slightly all the same.

Sincerely yours,
Avril

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Dear Self,

Please stop being so hard on yourself. Your co-worker is a good friend to you and has known you for such a long time that surely one off day is not likely to kill your friendship. Remember: of all the rare apologies which needed to be given thus far, you have not been the one saying "I'm sorry" before today, and if you are so quick to forgive why can you not believe others will do the same? You did your best to smooth things over and to explain, and while you are hurt now because you know the relationship is strained, you know full well that once you've had a few nights sleep between it and your life you'll perhaps feel silly about it all but in general things will be fine. You were upset behaved badly. It happens. Move on.

Trying to believe it,
Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Tribrats,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I have a decent amount of experience with kids once they hit school age, but under the age of five, I have almost zero, and a not very maternal acting mommy as a role model, so I'm kinda like those monkeys in that experiment...the ones with the wire cages for mothers? When they had their own babies, because they didn't have real mothering, they had no clue what to do with their babies. I know how to do all the practical stuff (feeding, chaning, etc.) and that's coming far easier than I'd thought it would, but being silly, playing games, talking to him...it's so awkward to me right now.

Zorro

--------------------

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Zorro,

Frank's pretty young, right? Less than 6 months?

Really, before then, it's tough to do the silly stuff because babies don't really respond. As he starts giggling at some random thing you do, the silliness will start to follow.

I was scared of how to interact with Alex. I'm still scared. But now and then, when I know it's me he's reacting to, it makes it so easy to be silly.

Algae

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
Dear Tribrats,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I have a decent amount of experience with kids once they hit school age, but under the age of five, I have almost zero, and a not very maternal acting mommy as a role model, so I'm kinda like those monkeys in that experiment...the ones with the wire cages for mothers? When they had their own babies, because they didn't have real mothering, they had no clue what to do with their babies. I know how to do all the practical stuff (feeding, chaning, etc.) and that's coming far easier than I'd thought it would, but being silly, playing games, talking to him...it's so awkward to me right now.

Zorro

My Gram always assures me that the first child is the "practice baby" because you figure out what works on the first one. She helped raise her younger brothers and said she was still thrown for a loop when Mom came along.

I can tell you from experience that things do seem get easier with time. My mom always said that around the 6 month mark things seem to click and start humming along. It seemed to me that things got better whenever they start responding and being their own little person, which was right around that time. I'm not sure whether it's because I got more comfortable with the whole Mommy thing or that a pattern/schedule seemed worked out by then or what, but it seemed to me that things got more fun around then, a lot more playing together on the floor and stuff.

One thing I did find that helped was to use toys and games that appealed to me personally (obviously also age-appropriate), so when I played with them on the floor, we did a lot of singing and dancing and playing music, that sort of stuff, because I love music. We also read a lot, but I'd use silly voices or faces.

Trust me, once you start getting responses to the things you do, it's easier to repeat them and figure out what constitutes "fun" and "funny" for the two of you.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Christmas,

Hold on a minute -- weren't you just here a little while ago?

Behind

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
Dear Tribrats,

Zorro

I've never quite understood that whole idea of needing your mother to role model being a mother, at least where an infant is concerned. I mean unless you came from a big family or one where you had a much younger sibling how would you ever know, from watching your own mother, how to mother a baby? I think your real role models will be the women around you who have babies now. Or, anyway that was definitely the case for me!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Damn Cat,

Don't even think about it. I know those lights on the tree-like thing look tasty, but if you even think about eating them, or look like you're thinking of eating them, I'm going to use you as a throw pillow.

I mean it. We're not going to have tree issues. Or you will be one dead cat. Probably because you have electricuted yourself, you idiot.

Much Irritation,
The Human In Charge

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Kittens,

Go to bed. Or at least stop crashing into my door every time you run past. Yes, it does sound like fun out there, but it's not enough to get me out of bed. I am not fast enough to play your chasing games anyway. I see your little paws reaching under the door, and they are certainly adorable, but I'm sleepy! If I stayed awake every time you were cute I'd never sleep!

Go to bed!
Mama

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tantei Kijo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tantei Kijo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tantei Kijo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I meant to "wish to send" this last week.

Dear Wrong-Number Lady,

Ok, so it was the phone company's fault. Who knew that somehow all of the other number's calls could get sent to our number? Still you were sure grumpy at me when you thought I was the little girl. At least my husband didn't sound like anyone so it was easier to believe you had a wrong number.
-------------------

Dear Dad,
Thanks for calling last week. It was heartening to hear from someone actually looking for me.

--------------------
Bender: Though you may have to make a metaphorical "deal with the devil". And by "devil", I mean the robot devil, and by "metaphorically" I mean get your coat. ------------ My sad site: A new way to be bored.

Posts: 722 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear cats,

I bought the flannel sheets for me, not you, so stop hogging them.

Sincerely,
your tired human

Dear Guest,

AS I explained to you, the reason I couldn't initially find your reservation was because your roommate had already checked in. Since you did not bother to tell me until I asked that you had a roommate who may have already checked in, do not act as if I am the idiot when I tell you I cannot find your reservation.

Then when I found that your roommate had, in fact, checked in, and explained this to you, you didn't need to say in that lovely 'used on lesser servants' tone of voice "So why didn't you find my reservation?". Lady, I just explained why I didn't the first time: your reservation had been checked in already.

Many many other people manage to check in without difficulties in the same situation because they tell me right off the bat "it's under my name but my roommate may have already checked in".

Your not-your-servant night auditor

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Mrs. K:

Try a little hot sauce or Tabasco on the strings of Christmas lights the cat looks like it's been eyeing.

Barbara "works to discourage some of them" Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Gods of the LSAT,

I've written the test, and now it resides in your lap. Please be gentle.

Signed,
The Worrier

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kitapsail fish:
Dear Guest,

AS I explained to you, the reason I couldn't initially find your reservation was because your roommate had already checked in. Since you did not bother to tell me until I asked that you had a roommate who may have already checked in, do not act as if I am the idiot when I tell you I cannot find your reservation.

Then when I found that your roommate had, in fact, checked in, and explained this to you, you didn't need to say in that lovely 'used on lesser servants' tone of voice "So why didn't you find my reservation?". Lady, I just explained why I didn't the first time: your reservation had been checked in already.

Many many other people manage to check in without difficulties in the same situation because they tell me right off the bat "it's under my name but my roommate may have already checked in".

Your not-your-servant night auditor

Dear kitapsail fish,

Right on!

Signed,

A fellow Night Auditor

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Manic Soprano
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manic Soprano   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To Whom it May Concern,

Who planned a Santa Claus Parade on a Saturday night? Who planned it in a downtown area, rich with bars and clubs? Who planned it so that all the known routes to that area would be blocked off, causing a chaotic congestion of confused commuters on cramped corners?

For future reference, Sunday afternoons are better for these sorts of things. Also, informing newspapers of these events, and of the detours is nice too.

Sincerely,

One of the confused commuters who was severely late to rehearsals.

--------------------
Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!

Posts: 234 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Christie- it's not just as a baby. I mean, all of the practicalities, like changing him and feeding him, are coming easier to me than I'd thought. But, things like...well, someone asked me if I talked to him or looked at him while I was feeding him, and I thought, "Huh? Why? He doesn't know any different." I didn't know I should smile at him or anything, or read to him. I don't talk to him in that singsongy baby voice people use because I feel like a jackass doing it. Stuff like that.

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages