snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters you wish you could send - December 2006 (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters you wish you could send - December 2006
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Christie, from what mickey wrote, it looked to me like the mother parked the stroller in from of merchandise, and took her child out of it to wander the store.

I find that very rude of her. A person in a wheelchair is with the chair all the time, as well as the motorized scooter deals. She just left the stroller in the way.

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kmcm:
Christie, from what mickey wrote, it looked to me like the mother parked the stroller in from of merchandise, and took her child out of it to wander the store.

That's how I read it as well.

I wasn't arguing against a child in a stroller, I was arguing against a stroller simply left out in a high traffic area.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush:
Christie, the difference is that if it's a wheelchair or motorized scooter, the person will often ask for assistance, not walk away from their vehicle.

And I guess that means I shouldn't be ranting about the family that left ALL their packages in an aisle (with the mom's purse amongst the packages), barely being looked after by a child that was more interested in the Pirates of the Caribbean merchandise, right? Because heaven forbid I should be upset about the aisle being clogged by packages and purses!

And the Americans with Disabilities Act states that the aisles must be maneuverable enough for assistance vehicles to pass through- which our aisles are. Even for motorized vehicles that may require use of a hand controller, which are wider.

Mickey what irritated me about your rant was the assumptions you were making about this woman. You maintained, despite not knowing anything about her, that she could and should have left her children home with someone else while she shopped. I'm sorry but this is just not a realistic option for many people for any number of reasons.

Further, the idea that she should leave an expensive stroller *outside* the store, unattended, is just not realistic. I've had a cheapie umbroller lifted when I left it outside a ladies room, which was bad enough - I can only imagine how upset I'd be if an expensive stroller was stolen!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bentley:
quote:
Originally posted by kmcm:

That's how I read it as well.

I wasn't arguing against a child in a stroller, I was arguing against a stroller simply left out in a high traffic area.

But the comment you chose to respond to was my contention that Mickey had no right to presume that this woman could have left her children home! The stroller issue wasn't what I was focusing on - it was the breathtaking assumption on Mickey's part that this woman had other options and should have exercised them.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
But the comment you chose to respond to was my contention that Mickey had no right to presume that this woman could have left her children home!

Only because you choose not to argue against Mickey's point, but to dismiss it. There is a difference.

And what's with this attitude that if you don't know someone's entire life story from conception up until that very afternoon then you can't get annoyed at them?

If someone cuts you off in traffic do you shrug it off because hey the person might be rushing their spouse to the hospital or whatever, or do you still, as you put it, "dare to presume" that they cut you off with no reason and get angry over it?

Just because the circumstances forced someone into a certain situation doesn't necessarily make them guiltless. "Forces beyond your control" isn't a trump card in every situation.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bentley:
quote:
But the comment you chose to respond to was my contention that Mickey had no right to presume that this woman could have left her children home!

Only because you choose not to argue against Mickey's point, but to dismiss it. There is a difference.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I agreed with Mickey that those strollers are too bulky but pointed out that purchasing something else may not have been possible. That's dismissive?

As to the rest of your post, speculation about other people is only permissible when we can be nasty and presume them to be ebil bastards? Is that it? Speculating that there might be good, or at the very least benign, reasons to explain the choices others make is not acceptable now? Check.

--------------------

Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...it was the breathtaking assumption on Mickey's part that this woman had other options and should have exercised them.

I think I've mentioned this, but I almost never had anyone to corral my kids for minor errands when they were babies. I had a necessary (they were plentiful) ob appointment when I was pregnant the second time, and after an hour and a half in the waiting room, and a further hour waiting in the exam room, my son was tired and wanting to be held. I was in stirrups as he cried when the nurse breezed in and crankily asked, "why don't you leave him with someone next time?"

Oh, my God, I never thought of it. Pap tests while a child screams next to me are my idea of fun!

So I can see where you're coming from. [Smile]

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

quote:
As to the rest of your post, speculation about other people is only permissible when we can be nasty and presume them to be ebil bastards? Is that it? Speculating that there might be good, or at the very least benign, reasons to explain the choices others make is not acceptable now? Check.

I didn't mean it that way, just that I'm sure none of us run down a mental check list of every reason a person who is annoying might have for annoying us before we get annoyed at them.

Just because I person has a valid reason for doing something doesn't mean they can't piss you off doing it.

Since we're talking about casual contact with people we don't know we can never be sure of why they are doing what they are doing.

So you're telling me Christie that never have you let yourself get annoyed at the the behavior/actions of someone in public, even though you can't know for certain why the did what they did?

As I said before maybe the woman didn't mean to let the stroller block the aisle, or maybe she was a clueless twit, either is equally possible. But really do any of us really give that level of doubt to people who annoy us? Do we stop and consider that maybe the twit jumping into the "10 Items or Less Line" with 4 cartloads of food isn't a jerkwad? When someone's cell phone goes off right when they're about to reveal the big plot twist in the movie do we shrug it off and think "Well it is possible he's a doctor on call and that's an emergency?"

You could have replied to practically any rant anyone has ever posted about some stranger's behavior in public with the exact same "dare to presume" complaint and it would be just as valid.

--------------------

Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Further, the idea that she should leave an expensive stroller *outside* the store, unattended, is just not realistic. I've had a cheapie umbroller lifted when I left it outside a ladies room, which was bad enough - I can only imagine how upset I'd be if an expensive stroller was stolen!

Personally, I'd be more POed at the inconvenience during a shopping trip to have to do without my stroller that I was counting on to carry my kids, even if it were a cheapy one!

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
YeeMum
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YeeMum   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear DS
I love you dearly, As it happens I am dealing with something I can't even tell anyone about..Try that kind of frustratation.

OK you can have the NFBSK computer but AHHHHHHHHHH

--------------------
Contact me for discounts
Charter member WNDMDC
"I am putting you on hold now.Listen to the elevator music and LIKE it."~My 'J'

Posts: 1816 | From: NE, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And what if there were strollers available for rent (of $1, IIRC, which is reimbursed upon return of the stroller) which can easily get around the store?

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Dear" family -

No, it's Christmas day, and I haven't called any of you. You know why? Because for the past 15 YEARS, not a single one of you has made an effort to call me on my birthday, christmas, or any other holiday. And when I do call you, you practically spit out the required responses at warp speed, just so you can get off the phone with me and go do something else. So screw that. See how you like it this year.

Finally had enough,
The middle child.

PS - Yes, I did call Grandpa, because he doesn't deserve anything petty. And stop bitching at me for not getting down there to see him, what part of "I have a broken back and can't travel long distances" is difficult for you to understand? He doesn't have a problem with it, we speak on the phone!

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Clearly it's Christmas rant time!

Dear BIL,

Don't ever promise my kids anything. Never again. Mr S has been annoyed at me because every time he talked to the girls about you coming here for Christmas, I said it wasn't for sure. I was the big jerk for not trusting you, even though all I tried to do was protect my kids' feelings. I know how your family works, none of you can be counted on. Your time frame for leaving Xplace and getting here seemed unrealistic, so I made sure the girls knew it might not happen.

You don't sleep in on moving day, planning on driving later. You get up at the usual time and stop when you usually get tired. So you lost a lot of time because you got tired at the usual time and didn't drive later. When you're already behind, you don't sleep in again. It's rude enough when you have people waiting all day on you, but it's even worse when it's a holiday and you got little kids excited about seeing their uncle.

Not only that, but you have not called me all day to let me know where you are, what your ETA is, nothing. I had to call your mom. You are a 29 year old man, handle your own NFBSKing phone calls. Thank goodness I didn't wait for you, Mr S's ambulance got called right after we all finished eating. My daughters would have missed Christmas dinner with their dad.

I will be sweetness and light when you get here, but I wish I could tell you how pissed I am.

Irritated,
Starla

Dear Mr S,

Who is the jerk now?

Don't Tell Me,
Starla

Dear MIL,

It's very rude to eat while on the phone. I asked if it was a good time. If you were in the middle of a meal you should have said so. I do not need to hear you smack into the phone. :shudder:

"Safety First," sure, but obligations are important too. BIL isn't late because he was just trying to be safe, he's late because he planned poorly. You say there was no deadline, but I think repeatedly promising two sweet little girls that he'd be here is a pretty compelling deadline. It would be one thing if he was late because of forces beyond his control, but that's not the case.

Stop making excuses for him. He is a 29-year-old man. He screwed up, not huge, but he did screw up and he should own up to it instead o having Mommy make excuses for him. The dynamic you two have is creepy. Cut the apron strings already.

No Love,
Starla

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush:
suppose what really got to me was that she just planted it right where people wanted to look at merchandise, when I saw other people with the same type of stroller navigate the store. I can understand needing the stroller, but it irritates me that I couldn't say anything about it once she planted it. (ETA: I couldn't say anything by company policy, not because I was afraid to)

It also doesn't irritate me that she and her children were in the store to kill time while someone else goes somewhere to get something else. It's common. But if they're going to do that, I'd appreciate it if they didn't leave their stroller where they did (again, they could have navigated around the store with it).

I knew I'd get flamed for this opinion. And this time, I really don't care. It may be an irritant for you guys to see someone that doesn't have children saying this, but I'm allowed to rant about what I want to, because something greatly irritates me.

Well, yes, but we're also allowed to point out to you how unreasonable we think you're being.

And your store really won't let you ask her politely to move her stroller around to the side of the table if she's inconveniencing other people? That seems a bit extreme to me.

Or are you saying she parked the stroller then walked off from the kids while she wandered around the store? Cause if she did that, I would think it would be perfectly OK to ask her to keep her kids with her for their own safety.

And the umbrella stroller with the baby in the carrier still runs the risk of the baby being bumped and the back hurting (I would think you would understand that, since you have back problems). And the umbrella strollers do NOT have any place to put a diaper bag. They are fine for trips to the park or if you have JUST a child who no longer needs diapers/change of clothes/bottles/etc.

And as to the aisle widths, perhaps the Disney Store is different, but a lot of stores I go into are impossible to navigate during the holidays with a stroller, much less a wheelchair or scooter. They add more displays and there are spots where you literally cannot get through (around here, Macy's is notorious for that). They are rarely cited for it and, if they are, there is almost no penalty, they promise to do better next time and that's it. When you weight that against what the profit margin must be, apparently it doesn't really matter to them.

Finally, unless things have radically changed since I took Marketing classes in college, stores, especially mall stores, are designed specifically for the wandering, not really looking for anything in particular, killing time kind of shopper. Displays, store layouts, etc. are designed to generate impulse buys. I'm sure if you talked to your manager you'd probably find out that this woman is precisely the kind of customer they want to have -- young, with small children, choosing the Disney Store to "kill time" (although perhaps she was actually trying to get gift ideas without the kids knowing, I tend to do that if I have the kids along). Because maybe she'll see something she likes or the kids will start asking for things they see, and one thing leads to another and she made some purchases. That's how it works in malls. They are designed for the wandering shopper, not the ones who know specifically what they want and want to run into a store quickly to pick up the one item. It's the nature of retail (ESPECIALLY Disney retail!)

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

quote:
Originally posted by Roadie:
quote:

Personally, I'd be more POed at the inconvenience during a shopping trip to have to do without my stroller that I was counting on to carry my kids, even if it were a cheapy one!
When it happened to me I ended up having to buy another umbroller right then and there as I had walked to the mall with my kids. Anyway granted it was only about $30 but it was $30 I shouldn't have had to spend!

--------------------

ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Mum,

Thank you for staying sober yesterday. Thank you for not drinking till after we left today. And yes, asking you whether alcohol or your grandson was more important to you was neccessary.

You've been given a second chance - don't screw this up.

Chicky

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear great penguin of all,

WTF? Did you really need to gift me with a nasty head cold for christmas? I couldn't hug anyone properly for the gifts they gave me! I understand you willed it to be the year of the fleece, but still. I. CANT. BREATHE. This is totally unacceptable, and will be reporting you to managment. I hope you get demoted to "penguin in charge of s cow spit."

No thanks,

K

Dear Older Bother and wife,

Thank you for not being painfully annoying today. Moderately annoying is tolerable, especially with the aforementioned head cold. I still hate your dog.
K

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Mom,

Brother and I are not nagging. You have a degenerative illness and fall at least twice a week. Your house is an accessibility nightmare. I think we are justified in our concern. I realize you are the most stubborn human being I have ever met, and will in all liklihood not consent to move out of that house until you end up falling and breaking a hip or something, but that isn't going to stop Brother and me from reminding you now and then that we are not comfortable with you living by yourself anymore.

Love,
Zorro

PS. Hubby and I are very glad you are so into the Zorrling. [Smile] It's quite a pleasant surprise. [Smile] I promise that, even if you're not around long enough for him to remember you, he'll know how much you love him.

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Zorro,

I feel your pain. My mother is 87 and extremely stubborn. The specific issues are different, but the struggle is familiar. You know you're right, hang in there.

Lainie

Dear 80-Something Lainie,

I am giving this letter to the Lainette to pass on to you.

I know it sucks when the roles reverse and your kid starts acting like your parent. I know you don't like dependency, or being told what to do, or facing your own mortality. But: suck it up and don't be a pain.

Remember how you struggled with Mom's stubbornness, when you were just trying to do what was right for her? Give your own kid a break. She doesn't want to run your life anymore than you want her to run it. She will be happy to allow you as much independence as you can handle, but sometimes, you are just going to have to accept her help, and maybe even trust her judgment.

40-Something Lainie

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Evil_eyes
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil_eyes   Author's Homepage   E-mail Evil_eyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear J,

I hate you, I cannot describe in words how much I hare you. You ruined christmas. I hope you are happy with yourself and your vengeful ways. Whatever I have done does not warrent only spending 5 minutes with my son on christmas.

Your f'ed up, you cannot blame me for everything you stupid f'ing prick. I found out on Tuesday about your dad, I offered to help pay for you and L to get down there, you said that you couldnt since L was still a bit sick and that your dad's immune system was very bad. FINE don't blame me on Sunday that you didn't go becuase of anything that I did.

You could have very easily got off of your ass and got the papers but no, I the one that actually works was told to do it, I told you that I didn't have the time or the money, but you at least had the time and I could at least come up with the money. So I asked you if you could do it and I would pay you back. You never said anything. Stop blaming me now for everything that you also had control over.

You are nothing but a selfish f'ing prick. Get off of your fat ass and get a job, stop using everyone as an excuse as to why you can't. You can you are just to f'ing lazy to do it.

By this time next year things will be different and you will regret this greatly. I hope that your heart broke when L asked me to stay. I couldn't very well say that I couldn't because your dad doesnt want me here, but I wish I could have.

Go to hell, I wish you would die a slow painful death.

--------------------
"Taking all the pain I give you
Loving blindly in return
And I need you more than ever"
WWW.Myspace.com/E_E2000

Posts: 1243 | From: Northern VA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not-dear viruses/virii/evil bugs in our sinuses and throats:

Lousy timing. I can handle it -- I get sick a lot, I'm a smoker. But CatNip isn't used to it, he's a miserable patient, and he has to go to work tomorrow.

Please vacate the premises immediately. And stay the NFBSK away from the Kitten!  -

Four Kiddies, all stobbed ub

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Four Kitties and all other cold and flu sufferers out there:

When your viruses have finished having their way with you, be sure to wash with soap and water all commonly-touched surfaces in your home, including computer mouse and keyboard, telephones (keypad and receiver), TV remotes, door knobs, cabinet handles and drawer pulls, and the handle on the refrigerator door. I learned this the hard way one year after giving myself the same cold three times before I thought to wipe down with a wet, soapy cloth my computer's keyboard. Don't you be nearly that foolish.

Barbara "jacqueline susann to the contrary, once *is* enough" Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
creative gal
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for creative gal     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self,

Just stay calm these last couple of days at work. Today you saw how others had it much worse, and yet you were getting upset for far less significant reasons. You'll be moving on to better things soon. Also make sure you don't eat all your chocolates and jelly bellies too soon.

Love

me.

Dear work,

Neener! I'll soon be free of you! Just 4 more days...

not much love
the minimum wage slave.

--------------------
Come sail your ships around me
And burn your bridges down..

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear DS#2,

Daddy and I are very proud of you. Despite being sick, despite having your regular schedule totally gone, despite being in an unknown house with lots of people you didn't know, you handled yoursef well without ANY meltdowns!! Yea for you! Yes, you found their water/ice on the fridge door, but Mommy got to you before you took it upon yourself to start pouring. And you waited patiently for a glass so you could check it out. I'm not sure why these things are so fascinating to you (must be the combination of water + mechanical things), but I'm glad you managed to restrain yourself this time.

And you were too funny running all around the house playing with every musical snowman you could find (and Mr. M and Miss R have a LOT of them, don't they?), especially the tushie-wiggling one. I think the "Mr. Butt-Wiggle" name you gave it is going to stick. You don't know it yet, but Mr. M and Miss R gave one to Grandma and Bompah -- boy are you gonna be happy the next time you go visit them!

Mommy was worried about how you wer going to react this Christmas, but it was actually one of the most relaxing holidays I've ever had, thanks in large part to you. Keep it up, sweetie!

Love, your proud Mommy

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear sudden stomach issues,

Go away! I do not like running to the bathroom. I absolutely have to be in meetings tomorrow in order to try to find a full time position. Please do not mess this up for me. It's already bad enough that the one location is, I fear, rather icky.

--The body you have invaded

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Darling Daughter,

I am so glad that you have been enjoying Christmas! I'm happy that you love your new iPod Nano, and have been having fun loading music onto it, from your collection, my collection, and your dad's collection even, LOL!

I'm glad you invited your friend to spend the night, and that you all had fun when we took you out to dinner (El Torito) and a movie (Night at the Museum).

The only request I have? Do not wake me up godawfully early in the morning tomorrow, or I will separate your head from your body, and leave it as a warning for anyone else who dares to awaken me before the clock reads double digits. Your dad is on vacation, you are on vacation, and dammit, *I* am going to be on vacation while you all are on vacation, too.

Don't forget, Mom is still recovering from that nasty-ass Cold From Hell she had last week. That means, since I am Mom, I don't want to be bothered when I'm resting and recovering.

As long as you stick to that? It's all good. Oh, and I think we will pick you up a new iTunes gift card this week, too. I KNOW there's a ton of music you still want!

Love,

Your Mother

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear ---,

I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you more than I can ever say. I love you so much my heart breaks.

Now what?

--Me

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

quote:
Originally posted by NewZer0:
Dear ---,

I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you more than I can ever say. I love you so much my heart breaks.

Now what?

--Me

Unless there are unsurmountable complications preventing you, send or say some version of this, that's what!

--------------------

Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Grandma,

I believe these are yours - Big fat smelly bums.

Ah well, on we go.

Your grand-daughter whose buttons you failed to press this Christmas.

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Square Enix and Sony,

If you do not bring Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP to America, I will cry. And I don't mean that in a "I'll be really sad" way. I mean it in a "I'll have actual tears streaming down my face" way.

Sincerely,

A Loyal Customer

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
have yourself a Merry Little Galaxy
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for have yourself a Merry Little Galaxy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear guts,

if I promise never to eat KFC again, will you stop reminding me how intolerant of grease you have become?

Please?

LG

--------------------
I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains - that's why I live in Melbourne, where it always bloody rains.

Posts: 632 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear "husband" and kids,

Bite me. Yeah, you heard me... Bite me. I'm tired. Tired of it all.

~Love,

Mom

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jocko's Jolly:
quote:
Originally posted by NewZer0:
Dear ---,

Now what?

--Me

Unless there are unsurmountable complications preventing you, send or say some version of this, that's what!
Amen! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 402 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Dear Migraines,

You suck worse than a room full of hoovers.

You most certainly do!

Dawn--I second that!--Storm

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'
Grandma Got Run Over by a Rain Check

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Card:
Dear Square Enix and Sony,

If you do not bring Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP to America, I will cry. And I don't mean that in a "I'll be really sad" way. I mean it in a "I'll have actual tears streaming down my face" way.

Sincerely,

A Loyal Customer

Dear WC,

Is this just a remake of the original? Or did they add stuff to it...like multiplayer?

If they added stuff, I may just have the excuse I need to go out and get a PSP. [Big Grin]

--------------------
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

Posts: 508 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages