snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters you wish you could send - December 2006 (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters you wish you could send - December 2006
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Jenn-

Now I have to go read the whole thread over. Thanks...lol.

Jen (with one N)

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Ng:
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara:
Barbara "ana knows footware, I know footwhere" Mikkelson

...and boots up the ass are so hot right now!

You know what else ...

... nope, not gonna finish that thought. [Razz]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear idiot neighbors,

You never cease to amaze me. Will you just move already? Is there something I can do to move the "foreclosure of a mortgage" case against you along? I hate you so much and I don't "hate" people. I am so sick of your junky yard, your screens hanging off the windows, your torn-up blinds, your grease stains in the driveway, the junker cars that cause the grease stains, the smell of garbage that is always wafting toward our house in the warmer months, and what is with that patio table umbrella? Why don't you just throw that thing away?

But, on top of all that- your new favorite past-time seems to be loud yelling, slamming of doors (both house and vehicle), engine revving, followed by horn honking as you speed away. Why? It is 230 AM (and 309 AM and most recently 350 AM). What desire do you have to be so loud in the middle of the freakin' night?

Have you figured out yet why I stopped scolding my dogs for barking at you?

Oh, and do me a favor, stop flinging your empty "beverage" containers toward my yard. See, no one in this house drinks, so we know it isn't ours.

I hope that mortgage foreclosure happens soon so you can just get the hell out. We were here first, we aren't leaving.

~Signed,
The lady next door who doesn't call the cops as often as you think- we do have other neighbors, you morons.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon:
Dear R,

Thank you for sending me a Christmas card, it was really sweet of you. Signing it "All my love" gave me a warm glow for a moment or two as well.

Of course, if you had bothered making any kind of contact since the middle of October it might have raised more of a smile. As it is, I'm in full on grinch mode this morning with the knowledge I have to venture into the hell that is the town centre a couple of Saturdays before Christmas. If you reply to my text before the end of the day I may rethink my overly cynical response.

Merry Christmas to you too.

C.

Dear R,

Back to being non-responsive are we? Why am I not surprised?

My inner cynic is feeling smug and wants a mocha.

C.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'
Grandma Got Run Over by a Rain Check

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LadyLockeout:
Dear David Caruso -

You're yummy. Will you visit me in my dreams again tonight? Thanks! [Big Grin]

Adoring fan

Dear LL,

Be careful. You could get an eyeworm! [Big Grin]

--------------------
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

Posts: 508 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
Dear snopesters,

Am I the only suspecting a new romance brewing?

Jenn

OK- I got it...

FF is in love with...

HER NEIGHBOR!

Shocking I tell ya!

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
T'is true, Bach_girl, because nothing inspires raw flesh-pulsating lust in the middle-aged like the sound of car doors being slammed and engines revved at 3:40 in the morning.

Barbara "it's no wonder she's going weak at the knees" Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
T'is true, Bach_girl, because nothing inspires raw flesh-pulsating lust in the middle-aged like the sound of car doors being slammed and engines revved at 3:40 in the morning.

Don't forget the beer can throwing. That really turns women on.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[Eek!]

However did you guess!! I swoon at the sound of their muffler-less minivan that is covered in rust spots. And, the scent of burning oil just gets to me the way "Tag" does in those commercials. *sigh* I've been found out!

[fish]

--------------------
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Canuckistan,

It seems your romance with the boot is still a secret. They've been misdirected. You're secret's safe with me. Shhhh....

Love,

Roadie

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Imp, dear kitty, I appreciate that you want to sit next to me, but why must you sit on top of the Sunday paper which I'm currently attempting to read?

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know F-F loves her neighbor...she looked up his court records online [Smile]

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear In-Laws,

A few small requests:

* Please learn to eat without smacking and slurping.
* Should the above be too difficult, please stop snacking all day long.

Extra requests for MIL:

* Let me choose what I want to do for my birthday. Stop suggesting I'd rather have a cookie cake, or see a movie Mr S would like better, or not have dinner with my daughters, etc. It's my day. I don't want anything unreasonable, I just want to pick my own cake!

* Stop stealing my jokes. I joked once to Starlet that Daddy was building a Chik-Fil-A in our backyard, and you ran with that to the extent that Starlet thinks it's true. I had to convince her you were kidding. I'd rather you had just spoiled the playground surprise. Every time we see you you steal a joke I have with my kids and run it into the ground until it's spoiled and unfunny. It sounds petty for me to complain about it, but there is the vibe that you do this on purpose as a way to insinuate yourself into my place and it makes me crazy.

* Don't tell me when I should go to bed. You suggest one more story, one more _____, until the girls are up an hour past their bedtime every night. Then you imply I'm rude and no fun for asking you to stop that behavior. Yet you try to tell Mr. S and I when we should go to bed? Yes, he had work in the morning, but so what? We're adults, if we want to stay up all night it's our choice. Which leads me to...

* Stop infantilizing us. Despite your best efforts, Mr S is capable of running his own life, and so am I.

Go Away,
Starla

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starla:
Despite your best efforts, Mr S is capable of running his own life, and so am I.

Dear Starla's in-laws,

I concur. Starla is more than capable of running Mr. S's life. [lol]

Love,

Roadie

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roadie:
quote:
Despite your best efforts, Mr S is capable of running his own life, and so am I.

Dear Starla's in-laws,

Love,

Roadie

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Even more funny because I actively refuse to run Mr S's life. MIL frequently lectures me for things like not making Mr S's doctor's appointments and not forcing him to eat specific foods.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
creative gal
Deck the Malls

Icon 08 posted      Profile for creative gal     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Parents,

Thank you so much for making my birthday so lovely. I adore my new revamped and far more grown up room, and very much appreciated the amount of thought that went into my presents and the day in general. The only way it could have been any better would have been if I had had the day off work, but that wasn't as bad as I anticipated.
Love
L.

Dear G, L and K,

Thanks for making today so special and finding the time to see me.
Love
the birthday girl.

Dear D,
I am very glad you weren't in today. I am not sure how much more of your manipulative, almost bullying behaviour I can tolerate. On my lunch break on Friday I was *that* close to not coming back because of you. I'm glad I did come back,and felt much better after chatting to others who have a mutual dislike of you, but really, your behaviour and expectations (expecting several impossibles all at the same time) are really grinding me down. I can't help but question if it is worth being a minimum wage slave, with my qualifications, to such a difficult woman with a distinct lack of people skills, and really only keep holding on because I know it's not that long. But if I happen to get emotional again, know that it is because I cannot scream with rage about you and being stuck in a job that I'm really only in for a bit of experience and money. I really don't care that **** sold 20 frigging teddies, I struggle to sell them, and maybe she is a natural born seller, maybe she wants to work retail, and in my 2 months here, I certainly do not wish to work retail again if I can help it. I work hard and get on with the job in hand, and I do what I can... I can't magically pursuade people to buy more stuff, or have one of our store cards (well, that in particular) if they don't want it, and most people don't. You treat the majority of the staff quite unfairly and seem to have no awareness that other people have lives and are not robots, therefore normally can't just keep going all the time. Quite frankly, it's your attitude and behaviour that upsets me and makes me feel this way about the job, everything else is fine, not the best, but perfectly acceptable. Why do you think, in your 3 1/2 months as manager, that more people have left than usually would in the space of a year, including 2 other managers and at least 2 Xmas temps, if not more? Please just either learn to ask nicely and make your staff feel valued and needed, or just leave me alone and let me get on with things.
The stressed out and unhappy Xmas Temp.

Dear other staff,

You have all been a joy to work with. I feel like I get on with pretty much all of you, and enjoy working alongside you. Very special thanks to C for understanding just by looking at me what was wrong (see above) and making me feel much better about it, mainly by letting me know I'm far from the only one who feels that way.
Thanks all, and happy Christmas,

L.

Dear self,

I know it's tough at work, but it's the same for everyone. Just hang in there and try not to let her get to you. You're doing well for the most part, but escape to the loos in future if it all gets too much, ok? I know last time you couldn't really, since D was upstairs, but then you got more upset to prevent the rage from spilling out when she discoverec you. And for goodness' sake, come off snopes now and get some sleep, you've got a busy week and another early start.

Love

the rational part of the brain.

--------------------
Come sail your ships around me
And burn your bridges down..

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear people in my apartment complex,
I know this might be hard for you to understand, but, at least in my way of thinking, you do not just open random doors in the complex to see if anyone you know lives there. Opening my door and walking in, then walking back out when I called out Hello was just a little creepy. Either figure out what number you want, or knock first. Neither one is a truly hard concept to master. Just as a warning -- the next time someone does that, I'm calling the police. I don't care how innocent the intentions are.
No love whatsoever,
lady"my door is staying locked at all times now"knight

Dear self,
Yes, that was creepy. Yes, you should have called the cops, even if you do just think it was that Somali lady's kid who did it. Keep your door locked at all times in the future. You're moving in two months...you can put up with it until then!
Love,
yourself

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Ladyknight,

That would freak me out! I always keep the doors locked when I am home alone, not because I live in an unsafe area (I don't), but because you just never know.

Zorro

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Dear Kitsune,

Try as I might, the closest correlation I could come up with between what you thought they threw and what they actually threw was a pair of shoes with kitten heels.

Confused,

Roadie

They're just flat Mary Jane-esque shoes.
But all I saw was a box with two black shapes come flying at me , and the straps on the shoes looked a bit like legs when back lit by headlights. Hence my thoughts that it was a box with kittens being tossed.

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Ladynight,

Obviously I know only part of the story but is it possible maybe someone was opening doors to see if someone was home? Then, if no one called out maybe they could grab something valuable and leave quickly. It may sound a bit amusing but we seem to have that issue in my town, with houses even, people walking in, taking something like a purse, and walking out again.

Concerned,
LittleDuck

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dear Starla's in-laws,

Love,

Roadie

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Even more funny because I actively refuse to run Mr S's life. MIL frequently lectures me for things like not making Mr S's doctor's appointments and not forcing him to eat specific foods.

I have a visual of you holding up a forkful of broccoli & saying 'Open up Mr. S! Look, its yummy! Make you grow big & strong! Here comes the airplane!'.
How many more days ya got?

I have a difficult enough time making my *own* drs appointments. I can't imagine having to be responsible for my DHs as well.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Magdalene
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magdalene   E-mail Magdalene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Chase, Paintball, and Dazzle,

Big hugs to all of you. I love all of you so much. But Paintball, it is a bit of a tease to meow at Dazzle to come to you, then get all snotty to her when she does. *grin*

Love,
The Devoted Human

Dear C,

I'm glad you finally ended it. I know it hurts, but you did the best thing--you were unhappy for months, it was obvious, you even said so. You tried, but the effort has to go two ways.

*hugs*

Magdalene

Dear M,

Nice try at making me mad or jealous, but truth is, I don't care.

Magdalene

--------------------
"Don't mess with me. I dance with swords."

Posts: 1656 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Magdalene
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magdalene   E-mail Magdalene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
(This one just came up, and deserves its own post...)

Dear T,

I really hope at this point it's sinking in what an NFBSK jackass you've been acting like. So yet *another* friend isn't speaking to you. You deserve it, and I hope it knocked your hypocritcal peg down fifty notches or so. You sit there and condemn people for gossiping and judging--yet you do the same thing, and this past weekend showed just how much it's biting you in the butt.

So now you've lost a great deal of your friends and it's just NOW occuring to you that it's been YOU, not us. Congratulations, you finally seem to have gotten part of your mind back. Sadly, too late for many of us to want to bother with you anymore. You have believed lies told to you by that little NFBSK about your now ex-wife, me, my roommate, and God knows how many other people. Way to 'not judge', O Self-Righteous And Arrogant One.

And by the way, if we want to call her foul names behind her back based off of how she behaved while you were still married--guess what, you can't really do thing one to stop us.

Magdalene

ETA: Oh--and quit trying to tell the rest of us that we didn't see what we thought we saw between you and the little NFBSK. We're not all crazy or stupid as you would like us to believe--and your stories to 'explain' what everybody 'thought we saw' are getting more and more convuluted and disgusting. We each saw something different at different times, yet you always have a convenient explanation for how we 'misunderstood'. Right.

--------------------
"Don't mess with me. I dance with swords."

Posts: 1656 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear R,

Alright, since you were in Rome this weekend I'll turn the cynicism level down a tiny bit. But that still doesn't explain why there was no contact from the middle of October until now...

C.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear LittleDuck,

I suppose that could have been the case. I didn't even think of it that way. I've had problems in the past with people thinking my apartment was that of a friends' and banging on my door and trying to walk in. I figured it was just another version of that. But that, combined with random people banging on my living room window on Saturday (I'm on the ground floor) has convinced me I need to move when my lease runs out!
Ladyknight
ETA correct singular vs. plural verb
Dear Work,
I'm glad you finally posted our OCTOBER results for rewards. Knowing I'll be getting $100 in a future paycheck is great. Why couldn't you have done this last week, so I could have gotten that $100 in THIS week's paycheck? An extra $100 would have been fantastic right before Christmas.
Sigh.
Ladyknight

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Target,

Please stop marking stuff down so low it's impossible not to buy it! Who, I ask you, can pass over an adorable twill peacoat with adorably large buttons and a cute pink liner for 8.74? Who? I did, but it was hard. I can't keep passing over racks of gorgeous jeans for 6.48 for very much longer, merely because I don't need more jeans. Damn you, Target! :shakes fist:

I think I gotcha, Jenn. :gigglesnort:

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Target in my city,

Why can't you be marked down like Ana's? I'm sorry but crappy jeans for $21 and coats marked down to $40 is not my idea of a bargain.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 24 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by christmas tree kitapper:
quote:

Don't forget the beer can throwing. That really turns women on.
It's not just the empties being thrown - it's the neighbor's pick up line: "I've got beer! No, really! I'VE GOT BEER!!"

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers

Dear Trish,

YOMANK!

~FF

Dear LittleDuck,

According to the "simple case search", the neighbor (the one who "owns" the house) has yet another violation that is on the books. "Case filed" and as yet unresolved. I don't know what it is yet, but I'm guessing another "driving while suspended".

~FF

Dear *Idiot Driver,

When you come to an intersection and the light turns red for the one part and the light turns green for the other part- the pedestrians have the RIGHT OF WAY! When our light turns green, those kids standing on the corner get to go first. That is why the minivan in front of me was not turning right immediately, she was waiting for those kids to cross the four-lane county road. You were NOT supposed to turn left just because the minivan wasn't turning right. Yelling something at the kids who were in the middle of the crosswalk and honking just cemented your stupidity.

Please do us all a favor- stay of the damn road or re-read your driver's manual. They're free at the DMV.

~Lady in the red truck who was tempted to run you off the road.

*it wasn't a teen- this driver was at least in his 30s.

--------------------

TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
Right here in this thread with a few hints and clues taken from other threads. If I'm right, I expect they either want people to figure it out (in which case they'll be delighted at people speculating) or they want to keep it under wraps for now but don't realize how transparent they're looking to some of us (which case they should be aware of how transparent they are and should work a little harder and keeping it to themselves).

Dear Jenn,

There has been neither a concerted effort to keep it quiet nor to get people speculating. It was assumed that people would figure it out at some point.

TGirl.

Dear those who are wondering,

There have been declarations of mutual intense like (and a fair amount of lust). There has been a nice visit with more planned.

The Boutros seems to very much approve, which was pretty much the litmus test. As does my nephew, whose opinion I trust almost as much as the Boutros.

See, no more speculation!

TGirl

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait wait wait.... what? I'm still in the dark!

PMs are good, too... [Wink]

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 102 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bach_girl:
Dear Jenn-

Now I have to go read the whole thread over. Thanks...lol.

Jen (with one N)

You weren't the only one! [lol]

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Dear TGirl,

So...it's not Canuckistan and the boot? [Confused]

Love,

Roadie

--------------------

Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Dear TGirl,

So...it's not Canuckistan and the boot? [Confused]

Dear Roadie,

Sadly, I'm afraid it's not. Leather just isn't my thing. [lol]

BTW, thanks for keeing the whole boot thing on the lowdown. In return, I won't mention that unfortunate incident with you, a donkey and the unfortunately-positioned pool cue. [Razz]

Canuck

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Just Me
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Body:

Feel free to get pregnant... aaaaaany time now.

Sincerely,
Your Frustrated Owner

--------------------
"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple." - Willy Wonka

Posts: 388 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  18  19  20   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages