snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters you wish you could send - December 2006 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters you wish you could send - December 2006
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear wife.

I love you from the deepest bottom of my heart and if I could, I would marry you over and over again. I might not say it often enough, heck, I DO not say it often enough but I love you and fall in love with you over and over again.
Raising two kids (three, if you include me) is a hard work, but I admire you for what you do, and how you cope with it. Sometimes you are irritated but you are entitled to it, and I know that if I were you I might do the same. I am just glad we had no real issues since I got a job.
I know our finances aren't the best at the moment but remember, there are a lot of families who are even worse off.
But again. I love you, and thank you for being my wife, my first girlfriend and my friend. You make my life complete and fill the part of my heart that needed to be filled. I am almost afraid of what might come, because usually bad things try to even out good things, and while my life before you came into it had sometimes sucked, the last almost six years have already outdone any bad times I had before.
Often I have to shake my head when I think about it: I am married, happily married and I have two kids! Please, if this is a dream... let me dream on, don't wake me up.

Your husband who loves you more and more.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Rob,

You should really send that one.

NeeCD

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Rob,

Please send my husband lessons on expressing himself. You're pretty cool. [Smile]

~FF

Dear Husband,

You know what- I got a damn job. I looked for months, I applied everywhere that had an ad out. I finally got a freakin' job. And after two days of work, I hurt. I bloody well hurt. My feet are killing me. My legs are sore from my knees down to my toes and my lower back aches.

Now its time for you to cut me some slack. Stop hassling me. Stop picking on me. Stop teasing me. My job isn't easy. I have to learn how to cook foods I've never had to cook before and I have to learn how to do them on a large scale. I do not work at "a honkytonk" (do you even know what that is?), I do not work at a "dive". I work at a bar and grill. And the grill part is new to me. I haven't even bartended yet because I want to learn how to work the kitchen first.

I got a job, now get off my back. And don't you dare complain about having to do more with the kids. What did you expect from me? To split into two people and still be able to do all that I do at home as well as work? Sort of makes your whole rant to your family of "she's lazy, she doesn't do sh*t around the house" seem stupid, doesn't it? [sarcasm]Well, forgive me for hurting my knee last Spring and having to use crutches till May[/sarcasm].

Now, leave me alone, I'm going to put my feet up.

~Your wife

**I sort of said the same thing- of course, it fell on deaf ears.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Essay,

I am so proud of the work we have done tonight. We are nearly done. Now please, conclude. I've always been crummy at conclusions.

Thanks for coming so easily otherwise.

Much Love,
Me

Dear R,

So we ever gonna get our work done or what?

--Me

Dear Q and MG; SG and T,

Thanks for a wonderful time! Y'all rock.

Love, Me

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Faith
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Self,

ARRGHH!! The (metaphorical) stove! My (meteaphorical) hand! - the burning, oh how it stings!!!!

Seriously, this suprised you why, exactly? Do try and learn from this, you silly girl.

--------------------
"You watched it. You can't UNWATCH it."

Posts: 1646 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lavender blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear self-

Yes, the preventative maintenance on the car cost more than you expected. However, seeing as you don't know $%&* about cars, and would be in trouble if it broke down, it's probably worth it just to not worry about it. You can afford it, so stop fretting.

Your self

Dear FF-

((((Hugs))))

lavender blue

--------------------
catagenesis [evol]-evolution leading to decadence and decreased vigor.

Posts: 480 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Self,

You acted like an idiot last night. You didn't want to walk the mile or so to the bar that people wanted to go to, so The Fiance had to drive you. Then, when we couldn't find parking for that bar, we had to drive to a bar even farther away. After that, you didn't even try and participate in the conversation. Granted, being the fourth person in a loud bar made it almost impossible to hear, but you didn't even try. You just watched the football game, apparently looking depressed, because The Fiance asked you a few times if you were okay. At least you did reassure him at the end of the night that you had fun! And so what if you're tired today...you've been tired all week! Don't you dare spoil Christmas in Christ Chapel, for M or yourself!

Sincerely,
the part of you that is awake today

Dear Fiance,
I'm sorry that suddenly I'm obsessed with buying a house or a townhome. When you told me Z was buying a house, it made me realize how much I want to do that too. I promise, if we can't afford it, or it turns out to not make sense for us, I won't try and push it. I just really, really don't like paying rent!
Love,
Me

Dear Weather,
Please don't snow until tomorrow! I have to drive down to St. Peter, and back; more than 3 hours total! Snow would just make it even worse...I'll be tired enough when I get back without dealing with nasty weather.
Sincerely,
the sleep deprived individual who has to drive around half the state tonight

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear F_F,

I'm virtually rubbing your feet - I hope it helps at least virtually.

Hugs,
B

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dancin' Fool
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin' Fool   E-mail Dancin' Fool   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear DS-2:

You rock son!

Congratulations on getting that job offer in St. Louis. I checked out the web sites of all of the divisions of this company and you, my son, are on the cutting edge of technology. I am so very proud of you.

I am sorry that your interviews with them took so long and you got stuck in that snow and ice storm. I did not mind being your virtual navigator and updating you on the conditions at the airport, your flight status (cancelled) and surfing for alternate means for you to get to Florida.

I am glad that you were finally able to get your flight this morning and hope you are enjoying a cool one in the warm backyard of your mother's winter home.

I'll see you next week when your travels are over for a short spell.

PS: Do I have to try and sell the Bob Seger tickets now that you will probably be working in St. Louis by then?

All my love . . .

Dad (Your proud Papa)

Posts: 266 | From: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HappyHarry holiday
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HappyHarry holiday   E-mail HappyHarry holiday   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yo Rob give thanks and let the love flow for you are truely blessed

--------------------
I wish i was eccentric so i could afford to be weird

Posts: 67 | From: philippines | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear new parents,

Naming your child is not a contest to come up with the most unbelievable new spelling for a normal name.

"Myrcediz"?!?

You should lose custody.

Ryda

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lavender blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Ryda-

It took me 10 minutes to figure out what the normal name was.

lavender ("My credits" is not a normal name) blue

--------------------

Posts: 480 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Ryda,

I generaly feel the same way about overly-distinctive spelling.

But in this case, I wonder if the parents are attempting to enforce the French pronuniciation of the name, or something close to it, over the more common pronunciation associated with the car.

Lainie

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Lavender,

I understand. I think they might have misspelled the weird spelling.

Sigh,

Ryda

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ryda and Lavender,

I think what they were going for was "Mercedes" even still i find it odd to name your child after a car.

kmcm "C'mere Chevii, and Pontiak, meet your brother, Myrcediz!"

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

Dear kmcm-

Yeah, I got it after about 10 min of puzszled contemplation. It didn't help that I somehow switched the c and the r around. Phonics are not my strong suit.

lavender blue

--------------------

Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear kmcm,

"Mercedes" was a woman's name long before it was a car. IIRC, the founder of the company named it after his daughter.

Lainie

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kmcm:
I think what they were going for was "Mercedes" even still i find it odd to name your child after a car.

Even though the car was named for a child in the first place?

Seaboe

ETA: spanked by Lainie.

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear snopesters.
While not exactly sending DW the letter I handed her the PDA, while having the message displayed.
She did raise an eyebrow a bit on the irritated part though.

The husband.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From old thread

quote:
Originally posted by Psihala:
quote:
Please head over to New Hampshire ASAP, since you obviously made a wrong turn somewhere.
It shoulda made a left turn at Albuquerque.

~Psihala

It did! It snowed here yesterday and it's way too early for that as well.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, the Mercedes car is named after a person.
quote:
. . .Daimler agreed to call the cars Mercedes after Jellinek's daughter. . .
Then there's Mercedes McCambridge and Mercedes Ruehl. There are more, but I can't remember them right now.

I think Mercedes is a lovely name, although the weird spelling doesn't grab me.

Ryda Wong, EBfCo.,
I'm honored that you're using the title I thought up for you! [Smile]

ETA: Dear Lainie and Seaboe,
I wuz spanked while looking for cites and answering the telephone.
[fish] We must have cites, doncha' know?

Dear T-Girl,
I thought about you when the weather hit, then I saw your post in the other thread. We had thunder-sleet Wednesday night into Thursday morning, and then it snowed most of the day yesterday. I think we only got about 3 inches. Of snow. The sun is shining brightly and there's a melt going on. I guess we'll wait until tomorrow to go to the Italian restaurant, but I'm surely craving Sausage Pizzaola, and I want it today! My husband is wavering between Chicken Cacciatore and Chicken Genovese. But, as usual, I digress. We had no power outage and are staying toasty warm.

'Bye for now.

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Maddie
Rejoice, Rejoice, I've Found the Manuel!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maddie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear weather,

67 degrees at six-thirty in the morning is not normal. It is December. Get with the program.

I didn't mind it, though. I hate the cold weather & I love warm, windy days. It was a good day.

Love, Me.

Dear global warming,

You can't hide from us forever.

No love,

Maddie

--------------------
"I'm sorry for your loss. Your mother was a terribly attractive woman." - Royal Tenenbaum

Posts: 44 | From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Strawberry Limeade
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strawberry Limeade   Author's Homepage   E-mail Strawberry Limeade   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fingers -

Stop hurting! I know you're sick of filing and sanding and forming and soldering and sawing, but it's going to get worse before it gets better and in the meantime you're making it difficult to type and eat. Just let me finish my non-functional tea infuser and then it'll all be over.

- SL

--------------------
"My artist statement is incomprehensible and therefore full of deep significance." - Calvin

Posts: 36 | From: Indiana | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear A,

You freakin jerk. At no time this week did the Rooster give any indication that he planned to cover for you this weekend so you could take the time off. So how DARE you tell everyone that he's got the truck and to make any towing arrangements with him? We had to find out from OTHER NFBSKING PEOPLE that he was working.

I hope you enjoy this weekend off because buddy, he's not going to do it anymore. Your family is not more important than ours. You choose this life, he can walk away at any time. And damnit, he is. Especially after you tried to use me to convince him to keep doing it.

You lousy sonuvabitch.

Chicky

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 02 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Husband's company:
It's about NFBSKing time you found a permanent post for him!!! What were you waiting for, a blizzard?? [Mad]

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear bf,

I love you lots. Sorry the last few weeks have been stressful and tiring for both of us, for different reasons.You've been wonderful, and we've both been doing the best we can. I'm looking forward to seeing you tonight and just being able to cuddle.

P.S. You're being rather mysterious about where you're taking me for our 6 month anniversary, which is making me wonder. I'm really looking forward to it.

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo.:
"Myrcediz"

Dear new parents -

I'm afraid I will have to use this name for one of the villains in my fantasy novel. They can't all be named after chemical compounds.

- R.

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear taxi drivers,

Please take us home tomorrow night from the city so DW doesn't have to walk 3 miles in high heels to the outer ring before you will stop.

jw

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Wind,

Please go away...or at least stop gusting so hard. I don't think I can fit under the sofa.

-Little "six foot tall chicken" Duck

Dear Frog_F,
I kind of knew he'd be like this. Just try to ignore him if telling him to get bent doesn't work. And if all else fails, uh...tell your mom. I'd say tell his but she doesn't give a NFBSK.

--Duck

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

quote:
Originally posted by Rhea:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong, EBfCo.:
"Myrcediz"

Dear new parents -

I'm afraid I will have to use this name for one of the villains in my fantasy novel. They can't all be named after chemical compounds.

- R.

What, a villian named (Z)-4-bromo-1,3-pentadiene isn't good enough for you?

[Wink]

--------------------

AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear NY:

I told on you today. Rather than standing up and screaming "shut up shut up shut up" at the top of my lungs, I restrained myself, and then tattled. Know what I found out? I am just about the last person to say something. Literally 25 other people have complained about you. Do you understand what that says about your lack of ability to control your mouth? You are an adult woman in a professional situation; it is about time you learn some restraint.

And yes, I feel much better about myself, thank you very much.

Sincerely,
A

P.S. Shut up.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AnglRdr, if 25 other people have complained, yet you still have grounds for complaint, do you think anything useful will be done?

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChickyBee:
Dear A,

You freakin jerk. At no time this week did the Rooster give any indication that he planned to cover for you this weekend so you could take the time off. So how DARE you tell everyone that he's got the truck and to make any towing arrangements with him? We had to find out from OTHER NFBSKING PEOPLE that he was working.

If a supervisor/manager never told him he is working this weekend, then he's not working this weekend - no matter what someone may be telling everyone else. If he isn't told by a supervisor/manager, then the other guy's weekend off was never approved and no one else should cover for him.

quote:
I hope you enjoy this weekend off because buddy, he's not going to do it anymore. Your family is not more important than ours. You choose this life, he can walk away at any time. And damnit, he is. Especially after you tried to use me to convince him to keep doing it.
Good to hear. Since it sounds like a recurring problem, it is time for Rooster to take up his continuous unapproved weekend covering for this guy. He needs someone above him know that he will no longer cover for other employees unless the supervisor/manager asks him to.

Of course, if this guy is the supervisor/manager, then Rooster needs to start saying NO when he hears of his weekend being changed. Or start charging large fees to the guy to "repay" what Rooster will be missing (or losing money on) if he has to work weekends.

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tabbymago

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tabbymago   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tabbymago   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear fandom alter ego,

BAD BADGER! NO!

You still haven't finished the second chapter of the Epic of Unspecified Length that you wanted to finish by February, you're stalled on your pre-series one-shot, you've got a handful of other plotbunnies lurking in the background, you've completely fallen off the face of your other primary fandom, and you haven't even broken into the other two that you want to write.

And yet you went and entered a fic challenge for a fandom you promised you were only going to observe from a distance. And the deadline means it has to be your new top priority. No cookie for you!

No love,
the person who has to clean up the brain when you leave

-Tabby
the princess with claws

--------------------
If you don't appreciate the irony, the irony appreciates.

"Sappiness and medieval violence: it's a wonderful combination. Like chocolate and peanut butter for the mind." -me on my fantasy novel-in-progress

Posts: 2281 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Weather,

What the NFBSK! Now we are getting a severe thunderstorm?! Not only is it severe thunderstorm, it's one of the worst we have gotten all year!

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  18  19  20   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages