snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » I am already sick and tired of the "holiday season"! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I am already sick and tired of the "holiday season"!
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BeowulfGirl:
And, I see Kay Jewelers has already started with their commercials that basically say: "If you don't give your wife/girlfriend/bang buddy diamonds for Christmas, you're a worthless piece of crap!" [Mad]

I've seen those, and let me tell you if snopes tried to hang something around my neck while I was sleeping... well, let's just say it would make for a very interesting Christmas.

Barbara "rudolph wouldn't be the only one with a red nose that year" Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I weird? I'd rather get a Nintendo Wii than diamonds. I've never been big on jewelry.

If every kiss begins with Kay, what do you have to buy to get NFBSKed?

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moonfall86:
Am I weird? I'd rather get a Nintendo Wii than diamonds.

I must be weird too then.

Things I would rather get for Christmas instead of diamonds, in no particular order:

Books.
Music.
DVDs.
A new guitar (even though I've already got two).
A bodhran
A mini fridge with decent-sized freezer for my room.
Clothes.
Cash.
An Ikea gift card.
A gift certificate from a nice restaurant.
A gift certificate for a massage.
Theater tickets.
Movie passes.
A handmade kaliedoscope.
A kite.
A trip to British Columbia in springtime.
A trip to Scotland.
A really good low-fat, low-calorie cookbook. (Insulted that somebody cares about my health? Why would I be?)
Art.
Warm comfy pajamas.
Sapphires, opals, amethysts, tigereyes, emeralds, rubies, or any other precious or semi-precious gemstones with some actual nfbsking color!

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Filet o' Spamamander:
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
Actually I think it makes sense to get photos done now if you want to send them off in Christmas cards.

Oh I agree they should be done around this time frame- it was just that everyone decided to do them -that day- as if there was an unspoken rule that it was the first day of Christmas
It may have been that the store offered a sale for that day or weekend. When we got photos done a few years ago it was on one of the busy shopping weekends (first one after the Canadian Thanksgiving, probably) because that was the one weekend Wal-Mart was offering a basic Christmas card package for something ridiculously cheap like $5 if you made an appointment in advance.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Archie2K
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archie2K   Author's Homepage   E-mail Archie2K   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Nonny
A bodhran

Ever played one? I've got a cheap one but they really are bleeding hard to play. Even more difficult to get a reasonable sound out of than bongos but alas slightly less ubiquitous. [Big Grin]

No, I'll stick to my drum kit thank you very much.

How do you keep a bodhran lubricated?
With lots of petrol[gasoline] and a match.

What do viola players and terrorists have in common?
They both NFBSK up bowings.

What is the difference between viola players and terrorists?
Terrorists have sympathisers.

Posts: 1985 | From: Reading, England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moonfall86:

If every kiss begins with Kay, what do you have to buy to get NFBSKed?

A condom.

[fish]

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages