snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » I am already sick and tired of the "holiday season"! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I am already sick and tired of the "holiday season"!
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 606 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In addition to the too-small cat box liners, uh, political ads, I'm getting mail order catalogs for everything imaginable. Enough already!! Plus there's an ad for a local radio station in the Metro Center that's Christmas themed--something about a 'things to do' list for the area. *le sigh!*
Call me a grinch but I've already had enough and it's only going to get worse.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dawn, I am sick of it all too. We keep getting catalogs in my mom's name with "we have missed you" on them. Uh, hello, idiots, maybe you miss her because she's been dead 2 and a half years.

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Uh, hello, idiots, maybe you miss her because she's been dead 2 and a half years.
Tell them you could come over with a weapon of their choice and help them to reunite with your mom?

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nicki
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicki     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And what is this new thing I see in the stores. They are now selling upside down christmas trees? I don't get it
Posts: 332 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"Holiday Season"
SINNER!!!

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 302 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LittleDuck:
Dawn, I am sick of it all too. We keep getting catalogs in my mom's name with "we have missed you" on them. Uh, hello, idiots, maybe you miss her because she's been dead 2 and a half years.

I laugh at the catalogs that say This May Be Your Last Catalog!!!!! when in reality I've never even seen/heard of the company.
Littleduck may I suggest that you send a photo of your mother's gravesite to the company with the statement 'this is the new address of Mom'. My mother did that once when her father died and it worked great!

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Just Me
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicki:
And what is this new thing I see in the stores. They are now selling upside down christmas trees? I don't get it

I seen that! I don't get it either. I guess it's this year's version of the singing fish plaque.

--------------------
"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple." - Willy Wonka

Posts: 388 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, I love catalogues. Any catalogues. Hundreds of catalogues. *runs and hides*

*shouts from behind locked door* But I do hate all the Christmas stuff going up in the shops so early. Honest !

Victoria J Name removed to protect my identity.

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnStorm:
quote:
Originally posted by LittleDuck:

I laugh at the catalogs that say This May Be Your Last Catalog!!!!! when in reality I've never even seen/heard of the company.
Littleduck may I suggest that you send a photo of your mother's gravesite to the company with the statement 'this is the new address of Mom'. My mother did that once when her father died and it worked great!

I would except my mom was creamated and doesn't have a gavesite. For a while after she died, whenever a marketer would call looking for her I was quite bitter and offer to try to put them through to heaven or "the other place" if they would like. Usually the shock of me saying my mom had died was enough to get a stammered apology. Except from one company. My mom had been quite ill for a long time and was on oxygen for several years prior. It was a regular occourance that they would bring a new O2 machine and take the old one away. Of course, after she died, we called to have the machine taken away for good, which it was within a day or two. A few weeks later the calls started to come looking to make a service appointment for the machine. I told them that she had passed away and the machine was no longer here. They apologized and said that they were a different company, only hired to service machines and that no one had told them. I was also assured that they would update the file. About a week later the same company called looking to make an appointment. Needless to say I was fit to be tied. I asked for a supervisor and strongly suggested they remove the number and update the info, as they had said they would, otherwise I was going to look into harassment charges. The manager was mortified that the file hadn't been updated. I was so beyond pissed.

Similar thing happened with the MS Society magazine. I got in touch with them quite calmly and asked that they stop sending the magazine here and explained why. I was assured the magazine would stop coming. Two and a half years later it still comes.

--------------------

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love catalogues too, but the best one is from the Guide Dogs Association because they call it their dogalogue [Big Grin]

The Christmas lights went up in my local town yesterday. *sigh*

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck

I went to CVS late on October 30th to find the workers scurrying around to remove Halloween items, including candy, and replace it with Christmas stuff. It amused me because the workers reminded me of ants, such was their scurrying (there is no better word to describe it).

--------------------

quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I remember a report on NPR about this last year. The gist of the report was that it leaves a "smaller footprint" and is ideal for small spaces.

(Hey, I'm just repeating what I heard. I think it's stupid, too.)

Our grocery store has had Christmas trees on display for a couple of weeks, along with a sign about how some people like to shop early. I guess they're getting flak from others like ourselves!

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was out with one of my sisters on Wednesday, as in November 1 and she is already playing her Christmas CDs in the car. I haven't been over to her house yet (I'm a little scared I may see a tree set up in the living room!) but anyway clearly there are some otherwise quite sane people who actually want the holiday season to begin as soon as possible. Takes all kinds I guess but I really don't want to hum along to "Silver Bells" the day after Halloween!

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ComicBookGeek
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComicBookGeek     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Other than thinking about what I'm buying as gifts, I don't even want to THINK about Christmas until December 1. Too bad Black Friday ruins that.

--------------------
My Blog

Posts: 177 | From: Mobile, AL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*Hides the Christmas stuff she just bought to make presents for friends this year.*

(Well, actually, I need to finish my Christmas stuff around Thanksgiving so I can send it to Raleigh with my sister so she can deliver them to friends before Christmas. But otherwise, yes, Christmas decorations up now = evil.)

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
I'm a little scared I may see a tree set up in the living room!

I have a Christmas tree in my living room. But it's been there since I bought it cheap after Christmas last year (it is plastic - obviously) so it has never been decorated. I never quite got round to taking it down and finding somewhere to store it. I have been drying my socks on it...

I guess that doesn't count [Wink]

Victoria - really must sort out my house - J

--------------------

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, Victoria, the stockings are supposed to go over the fireplace, not on the tree.

I think the one thing I would love about living in the Middle Ages is Christmas as a long winter festival, the whole "twelve days" thing. Now, the "holiday season" ends with an almost audible click at about 8:00 p.m. the night of the 25th. All the weeks of preparation, leading up to -- what? That's it?

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ahhh yes... and the radio stations have started. I was driving to the grocery store tonight and wondered out loud when the Christmas music would start. Not more than 5 seconds later I hear In the Eyes of a Child (its an Air Supply original Christmas song). Aaaah!

Driving home I hear These are a Few of My Favorite Things (no idea who was singing it...Sound of Music song) and Feliz Navidad. Joy...Christmas songs every day if I were to be driving every day! (may be soon again soon- here's hoping)

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ange84
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ange84   E-mail ange84   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I will admit i bought my Christmas tree already because Woolworths had them for $20 and it's our( mine and my fiance's) first Christmas tree. The tree goes up on November 27th though, just like when i was at home. Right now it's in the box next to the bed. I'll start buying decorations in the coming weeks so i have something to put on the tree, so this year i love the decorations sneaking into the shops in mid October. No Christmas songs on the radio yet, but we don't get too many, at least in my home town, anyway.

--------------------
Love is a sudden revelation: a kiss is always a discovery

Posts: 902 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck

I want an upside down Christmas tree. If I see them I am going to buy one. But where do you put the star/angel/tree topper of your choice?

--------------------

Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I do all my shopping early, but other than that, I don't want to hear Christmas songs or see Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving. Hubby is one of those people who plays Chrostmas songs whenever he feels like it, sometimes even in July, but I don't let him when I am around or in the car with him.

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I work in a retail store, a job which I think sucks every last ounce of joy out of the holidays (especially when people yell at me for saying holiday [Roll Eyes] ). We've already put out decorations and gotten in more toys to make displays with. Soon, the music will start. It will only be a matter of time before I hit myself over the head with something.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FuzzDuckie:
ahhh yes... and the radio stations have started. I was driving to the grocery store tonight and wondered out loud when the Christmas music would start. Not more than 5 seconds later I hear In the Eyes of a Child (its an Air Supply original Christmas song). Aaaah!

Driving home I hear These are a Few of My Favorite Things (no idea who was singing it...Sound of Music song) and Feliz Navidad. Joy...Christmas songs every day if I were to be driving every day! (may be soon again soon- here's hoping)

When did "These are a few of my favourite things" become a Christmas song anyway? I've noticed it get a lot more airplay over the Christmas season (not that it seems to get any airplay otherwise come to think of it) but I don't associate it with Christmas at all.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lioness
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lioness         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I also think the upside down tree is just stupid looking. In 2 weeks, there's one radio station that I'll start avoiding because they play all Christmas music between mid November and Christmas itself. I also had the experience of buying Halloween candy on the 30th to see that the Halloween decorations were comming down.
Posts: 223 | From: Long Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quiltsbypam:
quote:

I remember a report on NPR about this last year. The gist of the report was that it leaves a "smaller footprint" and is ideal for small spaces.

(Hey, I'm just repeating what I heard. I think it's stupid, too.)

I heard it was because it left more room under the tree for presents. Because you know, its all about the loot you get. [Roll Eyes]
I have to admit I've been considering selecting the Christmas playlist on my MP3 player but I've restrained myself so far. I really do like Christmas music & I'm always a little sad after the holidays when I feel like I can't play it anymore.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
delta_T
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for delta_T   E-mail delta_T   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This site has some interesting information about upside-down Christmas trees. They point out that it would be harder for little kids and pets to knock off the ornaments from the bottom of the tree. I don't think my cat would have any problem racing up the trunk of the one in the picture, though....
Posts: 25 | From: Guelph, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

I bought baubles today. And tinsel. I saw them in the shop and couldn't resist. (Though I may hang the baubles up by my skylight all year round). I do love proper glass baubles. I bought some from Paperchase where they are also selling HUGE shiny baubles that are about a foot and a half long (for £15 [Frown] ) that I am quite convinced would make my home look perfect. (Again I am thinking all year round, I love shiny things and really want my home to look like Wizard Howl's bedroom in Howls Moving Castle )

I'm still against Christmas music though - definitely too early for that.

I am starting to see why they put the things out in the shops so early. It is getting darker and colder, and it does make you want to spend money on glittery things you probably don't really want.

quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
I love catalogues too, but the best one is from the Guide Dogs Association because they call it their dogalogue [Big Grin]

I feel like I should find that twee and annoying - but I love it. You've made me want to get hold of their dogalogue.

delta-TWelcome to the board and thanks for the link. I'd been wondering what people were talking about. Personally I don't think it is a Christmas tree at all unless you can put something very over the top on the tip.

Victoria J

--------------------

delta_T
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for delta_T   E-mail delta_T   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks and your welcome! [Big Grin]
Posts: 25 | From: Guelph, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I went to King of Prussia mall with a friend yesterday and was surprised to see the Santa station up (no Santa though), the Christmas tree up, decorations, and JC Penney playing Christmas music! At least when I worked at ShopRite, I started to hear Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving.

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 106 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poisoned candy from strangers:
I work in a retail store, a job which I think sucks every last ounce of joy out of the holidays (especially when people yell at me for saying holiday [Roll Eyes] ). We've already put out decorations and gotten in more toys to make displays with. Soon, the music will start. It will only be a matter of time before I hit myself over the head with something.

For several years I worked full time over the XMas hols.

Dec 1 started the "Tradional" music (read Merry Xmas Everybody -Slade War is Over- Plastic Ono Band etc mixed with carols) and Do They Know(Its long overdue to fight famine relief in Africa and geographically/religously incorrect song) Band Aid.

By Dec2 I was willing to kill poeple who said about the nice music, how lovely it was to hear it......

By Xmas eve I was only mildly sane.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm one of those people who loves Christmas but is getting sick of the over-commercialization.

Any suggestions on how to enjoy Christmas without the crap?

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Would I be made an outcast here if I admitted that I am already bugging my DB to start getting the decorations out? [Big Grin]

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moonfall86:
Any suggestions on how to enjoy Christmas without the crap?

Start by turning your radio off until December 26. (Have a large supply of CD's ready.)

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mystic burrito
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystic burrito     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TallGeekyGirl:
Would I be made an outcast here if I admitted that I am already bugging my DB to start getting the decorations out? [Big Grin]

We can be outcasts together then. [Big Grin] My roommate and I have talked about decorating our dorm room in the next week or so. We only have about 2 weeks between when we get back from Thanksgiving recess and the end of the term, during that time we will be too busy finishing papers and projects or studying for exams to spend time on decorating. Besides Christmas time always makes me feel all warm, fuzzy and nostalgic for my childhood. (Christ did I just write that? I am only 20 my childhood wasn't that long ago!)

And yes I have already started to listen to Christmas music. But only to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, if that redeems me at all. [Big Grin]

mystic burrito

Posts: 135 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TallGeekyGirl:

If you're an outcast, then I'm one with you because:

• Our christmas lights are already strung on our porch (which on Halloween when twinned with the jack-o-lanterns and skeleton clawing his way out of the earth made for rather inventive theming that a good many trick-or-treaters got a kick out of).
  • I keep thinking about dragging out our pair of fiber optic Christmas trees and setting them up. (We also always have a real tree because the cats need something to lurk under, swat ornaments from, and climb when the mood suits them, and fiber optic just doesn't cut it in those regards.)
  • I've already tried to wrap one of snopes' Christmas gifts (only to find him camped out in the room I was heading into with wrapping paper, tape, and scissors in hand).
  • Just this evening I was signing Christmas cards and getting them ready for the mail. (Here's hoping they don't get wet because they're made out of soap.)

Barbara "jingle belle" Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages