snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters You Wish You Could Send - November 2006 (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters You Wish You Could Send - November 2006
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear SM,

Yes, my father would rather have Xmas dinner at my house than invite the entire congregation to his house - again. Want to know why? I'll let you in on a little secret. See, despite the fact you've been married to him for 13 years, you appear not to give a rat's furry posterior that he HAS FREAKING CELIAC DISEASE! Yes, he wants to come to my house. My house is gluten-free, and everything I serve he will actually be able to eat. No taking chances with potluck dishes or spoons that alternated between the gluten-free stuffing and the regular kind.

I have always thought it was pretty sad that you see your husband's eldest child as your rival for his affections. Here's a helpful tip; since you refuse to get a job, maybe you could learn to cook so as to give you a "leg up" on this competition thing you seem determined to run. I don't really care if all your kids want to eat is quesadillas and mac & cheese. They'll adapt. My kid eats escargot for chrissakes, they can learn.

Learn to cook. Get rid of the wheat. And if you don't want to come over, fine by me. Fly out to see your mother or something.

Gluten-free love,
His eldest.

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hazed
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hazed   E-mail Hazed   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear November 28, 2006,

What a shitty day you turned out to be. I guess I could overlook the fact that not one of my friends sent me a comment on myspace wishing me a happy birthday, even the friends I've known for 20 years, but the fact that my own husband forgot is enough to depress me more than the fact that I'm now...sigh....a quarter of a century old. Oh well, at least the day's almost over.

Posts: 1128 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear health insurance company:

Look, we've been through this before. I do not have asthma, I am taking that particular prescription for my allergies, which is something the medication was also approved for. If I wasn't sick right now I'd call and get cranky with you b ut I jus don't have the energy for that.

The lady who doesn't have asthma

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hazed:
Dear November 28, 2006,

What a shitty day you turned out to be. I guess I could overlook the fact that not one of my friends sent me a comment on myspace wishing me a happy birthday, even the friends I've known for 20 years, but the fact that my own husband forgot is enough to depress me more than the fact that I'm now...sigh....a quarter of a century old. Oh well, at least the day's almost over.

Dear Hazed,

I would have wished you a Happy Birthday if I had realized. 25 was my hardest birthday. I also had a shitty day because it hit me hard.

Happy Birthday,
tribrats

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
(not so) dear insurance company, pain clinic, neurosurgeon, and regular doctor -

How could every single one of you give me misinformation regarding whether or not my back injections were fully covered by my insurance? Every last ********* one of you! And how did I discover that all of you had given me misinformation? I collected my mail this morning and found a $4,000 bill! There are not enough curse words in my vocabulary to adequately describe how I feel right now. There will be no christmas this year. You made me cry. I hope you're all happy. I also hope you take payment plans, because if you don't, I'm ruined.

The sobbing patient.

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Husband,

20 years. They said it would never last because we were too young. But here we are. Granted, it hasn't always been a skip through the rose garden, but dammit, we're still married.

Love-
The Wife

Dear Self,

Well, well... today is the first day of your job. You have no reason to be nervous. Good golly, kiddo, you've had jobs before. And like your boss (heeee! your boss) said, "It isn't rocket science."

You'll get to use your skills- conversational ability, interesting facts, and smart-ass humor. Revel in it. And, think of it this way, while you're working on the grill- at least it will be nice to work in a kitchen without having two four-legged critters under foot every time you turn.

Love-
Your employed self [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by LadyLockeout:
(not so) dear insurance company, pain clinic, neurosurgeon, and regular doctor -

How could every single one of you give me misinformation regarding whether or not my back injections were fully covered by my insurance? Every last ********* one of you! And how did I discover that all of you had given me misinformation? I collected my mail this morning and found a $4,000 bill! There are not enough curse words in my vocabulary to adequately describe how I feel right now. There will be no christmas this year. You made me cry. I hope you're all happy. I also hope you take payment plans, because if you don't, I'm ruined.

The sobbing patient.

Try contacting the doctors, clinic/hospital and ask for them to waive the charges. One of my friends had all doctor and hospital charges waived after she had an emergency and no health insurance. Some places will set aside a certain amount to write off every year and many of them will make decisions in the last part of the calendar year (assuming that's also their fiscal year).

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
LadyLockeout, do try what Lydia Oh Lydia suggested. I had a big mix-up because of misinformation I was given by both Medicare and the local Social Security office about Medicare enrollment and thought for a frightening while that we were going to be without health coverage for about eight months. When I talked to a lady at the local SS office, and told her what happened, she went to bat for me, and our Medicare enrollment was approved quickly. I was amazed! Anyway, if the government can make allowances, surely your doctors and the clinic would be willing to do the same. If all else fails, contact your state insurance commissioner and tell him/her about the misinformation. You might have to file a formal complaint. Good luck!

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~IímNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent DíOnofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lydia Oh Lydia:
quote:
Originally posted by LadyLockeout:

The sobbing patient.

Try contacting the doctors, clinic/hospital and ask for them to waive the charges. One of my friends had all doctor and hospital charges waived after she had an emergency and no health insurance. Some places will set aside a certain amount to write off every year and many of them will make decisions in the last part of the calendar year (assuming that's also their fiscal year).
Ditto what Lydia said. Or the clinics may be able to re-submit the information in such a way that insurance will cover the costs. After my pregnancy, we got a bill for a couple of thousand that we knew was covered - a call to the hospital ended up in the claim being resubmitted under a slightly different wording and it went away.

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
What Algae said too. I had a fairly small bill that I KNEW was covered. But, due to some mixup, the doctor's office had to resubmit it either 2 or 3 times before the insurance company said ok. This had nothing to do with the wording. I think it might have been some glitch since my office had changed health insurance companies.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear semester,

Hurry up and be over. I don't think I can take any more broken promises and hemming and hawing.

I just want to collect my bad grade for my crappy half-finished research project that everyone said they would assist me with but no one actually would, and be done.

Dory

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Definately recheck with your insurance. After my DS was born, the insurance filed the wrong way (Under the name of our newborn son instead of my name as is standard) so we were hit with a $40,000 bill! (There was time in the NICU & such) DH made a few calls & it was straightened out in no time (relatively speaking!)

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Snopes ladies -

*sniffle*honk*hanky*

alright, now that that's out of the way. Thanks very much for your advice. I'll start making phone calls either tomorrow or wednesday, depending on how long I'm working this week.

ETA: although the HR lady who handles this sort of thing at work says that the invoice they sent me specified that the pain clinic was not covered by their (insurance) network, whatever that means. I thought that if they took the health insurance, they were in the network? I showed them my insurance card and paid a copay amount, and I was under the impression that covered it. In fact, I asked several times "Will I be billed for this" and it was all "No, just your insurance company". I thought I had asked all the right questions, but I guess I didn't. [Frown]

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
LadyLockeout, any doctor can take your card and file the insurance, whether or not they're in the network. We had that happen to us when my husband was very ill a couple of years ago. Our physician sent him to a neurologist, and I called and asked if they took Brand-X insurance through Company Name. I was told that they did. I paid the copay and was quite surprised to receive a bill for the total amount. I asked the wrong question. It should have been "Are you credentialed with. . .," instead of "Do you take. . .?" From then on, I checked with the insurance company to see if a doctor or clinic were credentialed with them. Most group insurances, however, will pay at least part of out-of-network expenses. Maybe that will be the case for you. I hope so. One bright note is that most doctors and clinics will set up a payment schedule for you. *hugs*

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~IímNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent DíOnofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Catling,

Just because I give in to your "feed me, feed me, I barely have the strength to stand" routine and feed you five minutes early doesn't mean that if you eat your stinky fish in 4½ minutes I'll feed you again because it's now your normal dinnertime. Also, no matter how much you squeak, I'm not going to believe that you haven't eaten in a month when your breath smells like fish and you have tuna in your whiskers.

Regards,
Room service.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HappyHarry holiday
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HappyHarry holiday   E-mail HappyHarry holiday   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear dad i know the past 24 years has been a trial for the both of us. I accept its my fault for being to proud and bullheaded. Now i thank God for the time we had together. this past month i have learned more about myself and about why you raised us the way you did. I know now that the cancer has spread beyond control and the pain is intense. Please dad its ok you can let go now to whats ever holding you here. God knows as you know i love you and forgive you of all past hurts................Stanley c. Roberts 1 28 1940-11 29 2006

--------------------
I wish i was eccentric so i could afford to be weird

Posts: 67 | From: philippines | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Delia Darrow
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Delia Darrow   E-mail Delia Darrow   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Spalding, please shut up. Quit wheezing.

I could take the first doctor saying I had a 'density' on my lung in the x-ray. I could take the second doctor saying I had a 'large conglomeration' on the CT scan, even tho I'm pretty sure that isn't in any medical text. I could take the avalanche of diagnoses; Chronic Bronchitis, Emphysema, COPD. I can take the pain and coughing up blood. I can even take the news today that a biopsy is in order and that I have probably bought and paid for my own Darwin Award.

What I can't take tonight is listening to you have asthma attacks. I didn't ask you to live here. I didn't even give you a proper communist name because you weren't my cat. So I fed you. So what? I was supposed to let you continue to eat moldy corndogs out of my garbage?

I took you to the vet with money I didn't have. I bought the prednisone and the other drug. You won't let me give you the damn pills! I know you're scared! I'm scared too!

Look, Spalding, I'll try to go outside more when I want to smoke. But for now, it's 23 degrees outside, I want to smoke, it's been a terrible day, and I DON'T need to feel guilty on top of it all!! Stop wheezing! NFBSK! NFBSK NFBSK!

--------------------
Cogito, ergo Dei non est.

Posts: 70 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by HappyHarry hadock:
Dear dad i know the past 24 years has been a trial for the both of us. I accept its my fault for being to proud and bullheaded. Now i thank God for the time we had together. this past month i have learned more about myself and about why you raised us the way you did. I know now that the cancer has spread beyond control and the pain is intense. Please dad its ok you can let go now to whats ever holding you here. God knows as you know i love you and forgive you of all past hurts................Stanley c. Roberts 1 28 1940-soon

Dear HHH,
I am so sorry. I lost my own dad to cancer less than three months ago. If you want an empathetic ear, my PM box is open.
Loyhargil

Dear Dawn,

Well, I found out over the holidays that Dad was sure you'd come back before he died. He held out hope he's see his oldest child one more time. Was whatever crappy, stupid 30-odd-year grudge you have against other people in the family worth missing your last chance to see your own father?

I'm done trying to justify you in my head. I still love you, and if you come back we're going to be unbelievably happy, ask no questions, and just be happy. But I cannot wrap my mind around you missing Dad for anything.

If you ever do come back to Kansas, but want to visit his grave without visiting us, he's buried in the same cemetery as Grandma and Grandpa J. And Aunt F, who I suppose you may not know also died a few years ago.

Hurt love,
Loyhargil

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Neighbors,

Leaves awaiting pickup by the city are to be raked to the curb. Not into the street. IOW, in our neighborhood, they should end up between the sidewalk and the curb. Not in the street. Not in the street. Not in the NFBSKing street.

If you're deeply concerned about the leaves damaging the grass along that strip, I suggest you either wait as long as possible before raking them, or bag them -- the city will pick up bags of leaves, too.

Thank you.

Your Neighbor

Dear Kids Skateboarding in my Street,

I found a discarded soda can in the pile of leaves that I raked to the curb. Let me make this clear: no part of my yard, or of the street I live on, or of my neighbors' yards, is your trash can or recycling bin. No one here is your maid. Pick up your crap.

Also, when a car drives down the street, get the NFBSK out of the way. Not by skating just ahead of the car: by getting out of the NFBSKing street.

BTW, there is a very nice skate park less than 2 miles from the house. You're old enough to cross the major streets between here and there. Just a suggestion.

Oh, and although I don't know where you live, I do know the kid you come over to hang out with, and I know his parents. Stop acting like little jerks, or I'll have to set off the parental equivalent of the Twilight Bark.

Annoyed Resident

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear healthy self-esteem,

Just because you've gone and completed NaNoWriMo, don't think I'm going to leave you alone. Sure, you're floating on cloud nine now, having spent the past month wavering between giving up and carrying on, but I'm still here waiting. Now here you are with a novel under your belt, and your college work and family life haven't suffered for it either. Do I look impressed, or even bothered?

Just don't think this means I'm going to stop reminding you of your faults and failings. I'm going to carry on in my mission to drag you down and... and... hello? Are you even LISTENING to me any more?

Yours sulkily,

Punitive Conscience

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CherryQueen

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherryQueen   E-mail CherryQueen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear 12:30:
Get here. I can't take this much longer.

CQ

--------------------
"Hilariously, he pronounces "Sauron" as "Sore-on", which sounds like something you apply directly to facial herpes."--theagonybooth.com

Posts: 2037 | From: Reston, VA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Boutros Boutros Doggie,

Three years ago today, your former Daddy and I went to the pound. Just to look at dogs. We were not going to adopt one that day, mind you. In the kennel there were tons of barking, yapping dogs, some of which were very cute.

However, there was this one dog sitting quietly, smiling, in the corner cage. He was kind of odd looking, and a closer examination of the kennel card said that he was part heeler, part Saint Bernard.

I said to exH "Hey! Check out than sort of odd looking guy in the corner!" THe kennel card also noted that this was a very sweet, calm dog.

We decided to ask the attendent if we could meet this dog outside the cage. They went and got him out and I took him for a little walk. I had never had a dog, you see, and I was very nervous about what to do with one. The dog followed me on the leash very well, and smiled when I petted him.

ExH and I looked at each other and said "I think this is the one." THe people at the pound were very excited this dog was getting adopted. He was a great favorite, and they couldn't understand why no-one had adopted him before. He had been featured on TV even.

We had to wait a couple of days for the dog to get "fixed". But I went back to say goodbye to him and tell him that we would be there to pick him up on Tuesday. The dog, looked at me, smiled, and put his paw up on the cage in a gesture that was to become very familar and endearing.

Tuesday came. ExH was not able to come get the dog with me. I went alone. You were afraid to get into my car. I had to lift you and you were heavy. Then you were afraid to come into the house.

Over the next couple of weeks, we got to know each other. The plan had been that you were going to be "Daddy's Dog". He was the dog person. He was going to take care of you and everything. Not surprisingly, your care fell increasingly to me. What was surprising,however, is that you seemed to be increasingly attached to me, even though "Daddy" was the one who played with you and wrestled with you on the ground. It was me you followed around the house and sat next to on the futon when we were watching TV.

Pretty soon, it was pretty apparent that you were actually "Mommy's Dog"! And when ExH left there was no question of with whom you would stay.

We have been through a lot in these last three years, you and I. And the whole time you have been there with a smile on your face and a lifted paw. You were there when I was sad. You were there when I was happy. You helped me lose weight by loving to walk so much. You make me laugh regularly. You even give your opinion on new people in my life (and are usually right on the money). You are truly my best buddy.

You are sweetness wrapped in fur. As M says "It's hard to stay mad/sad/upset when you are petting a brown doggie!" You are the best. dog. in. the. world. I love you so much and am so glad that we went to the pound that day.

Happy Anniversary, Boutros!

Much Love,
Mommy

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear T-Girl,
That was so sweet. It made me cry.

From,
nurple who can't wait to go home to give her own doggies a hug

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Faith
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear TGirl,

That was extremely touching - your deep love for your dog shines through so many of your posts and is so vivid that I almost sometimes think I must know Boutros, despite (obviously) never having met him. I remember from one of your recent threads that I was far from alone in forming a very distinct picture of what he must look like and how funny it was that everyone's mental pics were so different.

He's a very lucky dog and I'm sure he knows it - your health, Boutros! Long may you bark.

--------------------
"You watched it. You can't UNWATCH it."

Posts: 1646 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear 29 November 2006,

Stop sucking. First my arm is itching and is distracting me from studying. Then a pop quiz on minerals.
Then I start working on the language sample. My computer is getting low on bettary, so I decide to go home. Check the mail. Yay! My birthday card from mom and dad! And a key for the package box. Ooh! My American Eagle order has arrived! But alas, it's something Roomie ordered from Amazon.com.
I go into my apartment, to hear the toilet running. And look at the toilet. And the tension is too tight on the new lever, so now I have to go call maintenance again to have them fix THIS.
Please stop sucking. I have to go to ASL class at 5, and I have to go bowling in CBurg tonight, since I'm the president of Hillel. I should be there, and I really feel like I can't be because I need to study.

*sighs* I just want to curl up under a rock.

- The girl that turned 22 yesterday

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Boutros,

You are one loved, lucky puppy. You picked the best mommy.

AD

Dear TG,

You are an awesome fur-mommy. Boutros is a smart dog.

AD

Dear Mickey 2,

Happy belated birthday! Hope your arm stops bothering you.

AD

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear AD,
Thanks. It's just allergy shots, so it should stop itching within a couple of days. My day is just sucking at the moment.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Mom,

We want a small wedding. Very small, outdoors, just close family there. Don't get offended when I say I'm not all that close to my mass of cousins, but I'm not. Never really will be- a 10-15 year age gap kind of assures that.

I'd rather invite a handful of close friends than that, and have what I really want.

Love,
Me

PS. I want small. That's me talking, no one else. Stop pushing larger than that!

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Trowa
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trowa   E-mail Trowa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Stomach,

I thought when I started on Zoloft that all of my anxiety symptoms would be gone, but we both know that this is not the case. Though I haven't felt anxious for about a month and a half, you are still in constant turmoil. Perhaps we have Irritable Bowel Syndrome or something. This possibility is displeasing to me, but don't worry; I don't hold you responsible. I suppose I'll tell our psychiatrist when I see her on Friday.

--------------------
“If you shut up truth and bury it under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way.” -Emile Zola

Posts: 1046 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Faith
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Trowa,

Gastro intestinal side effects are (sadly) REALLY common with Zoloft. Hope yours settles down soon.

--------------------
"You watched it. You can't UNWATCH it."

Posts: 1646 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear UPS:

Thanks for taking Friday through Sunday off and not bothering to pick up my package on Friday morning when it was ready. Due to your extended holiday, my stuff wasn't picked up until Monday morning and it will not get here in time.

I needed that dress for Saturday's party. I actually found a dress I liked and DH was so nice that he actually bought me 2 of them. I don't want to go shopping again for a dress. I hate shopping. I hate dresses. I find one damn thing online that I like and you NFBSK it up.

Die.
H

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Tzarina,

Don't feel so bad, UPS has lost a box of formula I bought on eBay. It was shipped out on Nov. 6. As of today, I still don't have it.

Luckily, the seller completely understands that I don't want to wait any longer, and refunded me.

AD

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monster Joe
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Monster Joe   Author's Homepage   E-mail Monster Joe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear SIL, get off your pedestal already...
If you want to live a "healthy" life, that's fine with us. If you want to make our decisions about food and how we should live our lives, that's not.

The holier-than-thou attitude has gotten really old. Dragging everyone along to some tasteless "wholesome" eatery and then later stuffing yourself with chocolate, salami or whatever craving you need to fulfill does nothing for your credibility.

And something you say doesn't become more valid if you raise your voice to say it.

BTW, you DO know the world isn't flat, right?

*sigh* your exasperated BIL who DOESN'T have the tolerance your family has built over the years...

--------------------
You're saying "Long Live Rock n Roll!" not "Let's go home and drink a beer"

Posts: 43 | From: Belgium | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear mouse in my house,

EEEWWWWWW!!!!!! I don't know how you got in but you better hope none of the cats gets you! They enjoy trespassers. Usually as a toy and/or a snack. I just had to rewash 4 drawers full of silverware and cooking things plus the drawers themselves because you decorated them with little black gifts.

I like mice. I've had them as pets. But you had better find your way out because if I find you I'm giving you to the cats.

Signed,
Me

I am not afraid of mice but pulling the drawer out to put things away and finding your furry face looking up at me was quite startling to say the least! I'm sorry I scared you when I screamed but you started it!

Love,
Me

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear virus that has stopped by for a visit:

First off I'd like to thank you for stopping by this week rather than next week which is right befor we leave for vacation. I'm also grateful that you showed up while I was taking antibiotics for something else which hopefully means I will not end up with a sinus infection. All that being said, I think it's time for you to move on. I need to get back to work tomorrow because I know I will have a ton of work from the past two days plus the other things I wanted to get out of the way before vacation.

Your unwilling host

edited because I can't type today either

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages