snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters You Wish You Could Send - November 2006 (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters You Wish You Could Send - November 2006
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear You,

Stop. Snooping.

You told me this summer that you don't want to have difficult conversations with me any more, and I've honoured that, even though I needed support so badly, because I knew that you were torn and unable to give it to me. I have ensured that when I needed support I have turned to places where I could absolutely guarantee you wouldn't be affected by it.

I wish you had done the same - the things you have said to relatives and family friends in recent months have absolutely broken my heart. Most of them have come to me and said they didn't know things were that bad and offered me their support. You don't know about all that yet, and please don't ask me to make it better for you, because I have no idea how it got so messed up. Imagine a month where people you love and respect are ringing you, visiting you at 9pm even, and saying that I have spent a night with them drinking, smoking, and sneering about all the things about you that are crap. People coming round and saying that they wanted to check you were okay because they were concerned at the level of nastiness coming from me. How would you feel? Well, that's been my summer. It's been absolutely f**king horrible. One thing is for sure though - next time you suggest I'm paranoid, it's not going to wash at any level.

I am trying to be patient and understanding about it, but sometimes I just feel like a little girl who needs you to have a word with yourself.

Yours hopefully,

Me

(edited by me after I'd calmed down!)

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Fairweather NFBSK:

When tragedy hit my life, and it took you days to call back, I could live with that. When you told a mutual friend that you "don't do funerals," I can live with that. Even though we've known each other for six years, and you might think we're friends, very clearly you're not a particularly good one.

Fine. I can adjust my expectations of you accordingly.

But when you pull the stunt you did, then try to take some of my alcohol without even asking (just grabbing the bottle out of my hand), you showed you're not a friend.

You're a leech.

Consider yourself banninated. I just don't have time for you.

Canuck

-----------

Dear self:

Get to the gym already!

Canuck

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Anita and Anita's husband,

Thank you for hiring me! You won't be disappointed. I will work hard and I will always be on time.

~Patty, the woman who tried to fake "calmness" on the phone

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Idiots of the Neighbourhood,

Stay at home. Just stay at home. I have gotten into the three arguments in three days over sweet FA. The fact that all of you ran when the law or police got mentioned, while amusing is also a PITA because I would really like to see one of you get in trouble for what you were doing.

So please, don't go out in public. And don't go to my shopping centre, I'm starting to get a reputation.

ChickyBee

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Lila Olnick:

I don't know who you are.
I don't know why your name is suddenly associated with my email address.
I don't know how you came up with my email address, if you are indeed a real person.

I just really, really want to stop getting spam addressed to you.

Cervus

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 03 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear inconsiderate morons at the gym:

The middle of the workout floor is generally not a good place to leave weights after you're done with them. Try returning them to the rack -- you know, like the rest of us do. Makes it easier for everyone to find them later.

And this is doubly true if you're only taking one weight.

Canuck

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear T. -

you rock. I wanna be like you. Thank you for everything.
----
Dear SO -

thanks, hon. You have no idea how much this means to me.
----
Dear certain boots manufacturer -

why, precisely, do you not offer this boot in any sizes smaller than 7?
----
Dear "Deja Vu" -

while you are quite entertaining, you make absolutely no sense, especially your ending. But that's okay, because you have Denzel Washington, whom I could happily watch reading the phone book.

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear F_F,

Congratulations! [Smile]

Zorro

Dear Student,

I'm sorry. This was NOT how I wanted it to work out.

Zorro

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 606 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear On My Dime and Attila's Storm:
Why didn't you win like I asked you to??
Dear Crafty Schemer: The least you could've done was get up for third, but nooooo, you had to finish fourth. [fish]

Signed Peeved Bettor

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
serarose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serarose   E-mail serarose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Vanilla: congrats, congrats!!!!

Dear boyfriend,
I miss you when you're not here.

--------------------
The important thing is not to stop questioning- Einstein

Posts: 290 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Manic Soprano
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manic Soprano   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear F_F,

Congrats on the new job!

Best wishes,

Manic Soprano

Dear SO,

I've got concerts, family drama, assignments, teacher college applications, exams, a jury and the usual holiday stress.

I gave you my schedule so you know when I'm free. Please get the hint and schedule something nice for us to do to take my mind off all this horrible mess that I'm swimming in right now.

It doesn't have to be soon. I know you're sick now, but you're on the upswing. Maybe in a week or two.

Love,
Manic Soprano Girlfriend
----------------------------------
M,

What are we? I suppose we'll find out when you get home for the holidays. The fact that you actually told me when you'll be home is a shocker. Will you try to make time for me? Will you try to include me in plans with others? Or will I be forgotten? Just because I'm a geek doesn't mean I don't like to go out.

Once yours, could be yours again,
Manic Soprano
-------------------------

--------------------
Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!

Posts: 234 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Mom,

You racist bitch. Oh, sure, it's "just a forward," and I should "just delete it," since you sent it to me by mistake, but you know what? You've revealed more than you meant about what you really think. Are you indoctrinating my brother with this bullshit too? Gee, I wonder if I should introduce you someday to my friends J and M, since they look like (gasp) they might not speak English! I don't think I've ever been this disgusted with you in my life.

Your daughter

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 505 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lydia Oh Lydia:
quote:
Originally posted by tagurit:
quote:
Originally posted by Lydia Oh Lydia:
Dear Mom,

Did you really not think to call me on my birthday? When I finally asked you about it, you simply responded that you didn't know why you hadn't called me. Thanks for adding that to all the other crap going on right now.

--Your daughter

Do you think it's possible your mother is getting forgetful? How old is she? I know I've found myself forgetting important dates or other items of significance the past couple years. Is your mom going through any crap of her own right now? Sometimes life causes us to be distracted, even as regards something as important as our daughter's birthdate.

I'm sorry your mom forgot to call you on your birthday.

She's not old - 62. And, actually, my brother and I just had a discussion last week about her and what was going on with her. We didn't focus on her being forgetful, more just being plain nasty to just about everyone. And really exaggerating stuff. For instance, when I told her that I was working all last week (at what should be my part-time job), she told my brother that I had said I didn't have time for her.

So, you're right, there might be something else going on. I feel sort of guilty for ranting.

Thanks for pointing something out from another perspective.

You're welcome, Lydia. I don't think you need feel guilty. That's part of the purpose of this thread, isn't it? Getting it off your chest.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilrabbit
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilrabbit   E-mail evilrabbit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Loyhar-gill:
Dear Ethan,

Cats don't like mushy, applesauce-covered pancakes cut into itty bitty bits. So go away and quit pawin' the pieces.

Love,

Kitty Mama

Dear Mama,
How will I know I don't like them if I don't investigate? Even if I didn't like them the laast 10,000 times, this time might be different.
Your furry overlord,
Ethan

--------------------
"My sandwich choice is uncertain, until I actually order. It's like Schrodinger's Sandwich."
"Is plutonium involved in this sandwich in any way?"
"Maybe."

Posts: 496 | From: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
underfire and overrated
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for underfire and overrated     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear whatever is making me sick,

I don't have time for this business. Go away.

-underfire too busy to live.

--------------------
I'm not a beautiful and unique snowflake! I am the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world.

Posts: 111 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Veuve Clicquot,

Good bye!

You've been a wonderfull feline friend, flatmate and companion these last three-and-a-half years you stayed with us, and we'll miss you lying on our chests in your near-perfect gargoyle imitation. But you've been ill since the summer, you lost weight until you're only skin and bones, the medication didn't help, and life wasn't fun for you anymore. This is why we had to let you go on Saturday.

We found a nice place for you to rest, and we'll visit you there often. And even if I'm usually a non-believer, I'm quite sure that you are now lying on that big red sofa in the sky, sleeping in the sun as you liked to do. Have a good time!

Your humble servants
and your brother Laphroaig, who keeps checking the place where your basket used to be.

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear local restaurants,

It's nice that so many of you are offering New Year deals - my friends and I have decided on a meal out this New Year and having packages to compare helps a lot. What isn't so good is that the £50 which sounds great to all of them is not so great to me because it includes wine. I'm not drinking, any chance of a lower price to remove the wine? I don't imagine I'd get a terribly expensive non-alcoholic alternative (what drink doesn't contain alcohol and costs upwards of £15 a bottle - anyone got an idea?) so I would rather not have to spend £50 when I'm not getting the same treatment.

C.

~~~~~~

Dear Frog_Feathers,

A belated congrats on the new job from me too.

Cinnamon

~~~~~~

Dear Otis,

Leave the NFBSKing carpet alone!

C.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Future Employer,

While I do want to reassure you that everyone in my area wants this transition/acquisition to go smoothly, there are some things that we keep hearing about that are causing some hesitation, to say the least.

First, we've heard about mandatory overtime; at least a couple hours during almost every week, and at least one Saturday/month. I'm not sure why we'd have to come in on Saturday; it's not like the call center is open that day! And as for overtime during the week, that's just not cool. With everything else I've got going on my life, I don't have time to work more than 40 hours.

Secondly, our shifts. Here we bid every quarter. You say you only bid when it's necessary, usually once a year or less. Here's a thought for you -- we bid that often because there are not enough people who volunteer for the horrible shift. I guarantee if you put someone who doesn't want it on a 6 am shift, and they don't at least get a CHANCE to change it every so often, that person is not going to be happy. People's lives change, and sometimes dramatically, within a year. Maybe you could bid every six months or something, just to make us happy?

Lastly, we come to the vacation. Your company's vacation policy is vastly different from our company's policy. We don't know what days off you get, how many days off in a row you can schedule for, if there are any blocked days, etc. Please be nice to us in this regard. It's hard enough to transition to a new company; if we suddenly find out that all of us (30+) are "low man on the totem pole" for vacation time, it's not going to be a good indicator of how we're going to be treated in other areas.

Sincerely,

Ladyknight, who has been here 18 months, and is really looking forward to taking off 7 days in a row for her honeymoon

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear manager or whoever you were at Noodles and Company,

No, I was not trying be difficult when you asked if I wanted something else from the menu. As I explained before, the spicyness of the meat made my desire for anything else nonexistant.

In other words, you could have made anything else, but the fact is that I'm still tasting overkill of pepper and whatever other spices are on the meat. How do I know that anything else prepared is not going to be the same spicyness?

And apparently, it must not be that bad since you pointed out SO wolfed his down without a complaint. Um..what does that have to do with anything? Maybe he likes spicy foods (and he does, but that's not the point!). So what if he ate his. He had Penne Rosa, not Pad Thai. Pad Thai is not supposed to be spicy!

And so what if I had some of the potstickers. Again, not the point! The potstickers were tame compared to the Pad Thai.

I'm not sure if you just wanted to be a jerk so that you'd have to get out of refunding me my money (gee..like 9.75 would have broken the bank), or that you just don't know how to handle consumer complaints. Making me feel worse by telling me I'm scamming you when I don't accept a gift card with the refund on it is no way to keep me as a customer. I didn't want to ever eat in your establishment again, and if it wasn't for SO finishing his meal, I would have left right there. Instead I was left to feel embarassed by the glances of your employees. I did leave to wait for SO outside, so I guess you won out in the end.

I'm tempted to call my bank and dispute the charge, but it would be a waste of time. Instead, I'm just going to call customer service and complain. I don't plan on returning to this or any other location soon. Wild Noodles and Pasta House will be getting my business from now on.

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RangerDog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Waiter last night,

I hope your manager told you that we saw her and personally informed her that we were very pleased with the restaurant and how great a server you are. In fact, we told her that we thought you are perhaps the best server in the whole area. I would had said something to you personally, but instead I let my tip do the talking!

A pleased eater

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Dad,
I don't know why after all the heartbreak I still think you might start acting like a decent human being. I was actually happy to see your name in my inbox on Saturday but Dad I didn't really want the glurge you sent to me and 50 other people on my birthday.

Aud

Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Don Enrico -

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat.

Some (((hugs))) for you.

Rhea

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wicked Tinkerbell
Hock Harold Angel's Bling

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Wicked Tinkerbell   E-mail Wicked Tinkerbell   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Brain:

What is up with you? The weird dreams weren't bad enough so you had to start playing "Mandy" while I was trying to fall asleep last night? Now I am sleep deprived & writing barely coherent sentences!

--------------------
"I'm not Irish, I'm Celtic. The difference? Celts cut off your head and put it on their door lintel." --Aimee Evilpixie
"People are bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."--Scrubs

Posts: 269 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wicked Tinkerbell
Hock Harold Angel's Bling

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Wicked Tinkerbell   E-mail Wicked Tinkerbell   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Mother Nature:

Could you make it stop snowing now? Oh sure it looks pretty & all, but Little Sister is unsteady on her feet, so I worry. I also worry about Mom driving. Then there is my commute to/from work. The eejits still drive 70 mph on the highway when it is icy or slushy.

(My car + ice on road = 'Triple Gillooly')

The University does not have 'Snow Days'. The apocalypse might occur, but the University would still be open! [Confused]

WT

(edited)

--------------------
"I'm not Irish, I'm Celtic. The difference? Celts cut off your head and put it on their door lintel." --Aimee Evilpixie
"People are bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."--Scrubs

Posts: 269 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:
Dear Anita and Anita's husband,

Thank you for hiring me! You won't be disappointed. I will work hard and I will always be on time.

~Patty, the woman who tried to fake "calmness" on the phone

WHOO-HOO!

Congratulations!

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear TJ,

Since Alpine died, that means you are supposed to be "The Smart Cat". Well, if you keep insisting on using my head as a springboard to get over my chair and to the couch, you will be "The Dead Cat"!

Signed,
The person attached to the head your claws are digging up.

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Congrats to F_F.

Hugs to Neffti, Canucky and Don Enrico.

If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry -- stupid head cold thingy is trying to move south into my chest again. I shall Mucinex it away!

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 84 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
....Letter I Did Send....

Dear Co-workers,

It has been brought to my attention that several people were offended by my mentioning the n-word when discussing current events at the Thanksgiving dinner. I want to sincerely apologize to anyone I offended or anyone who was bothered by it – I am wholeheartedly against racist behavior and other forms of hatred and am deeply bothered that I may have hurt other people. I was trying to use the word in the context of the situation and wasn’t calling anyone this epithet, but I have come to understand that even mentioning this word can be offensive.

Please know that this will not happen again, and if anyone needs to discuss this further with me please do not hesitate to do so.

Thank you,

B

....Letter I didn't send....

Dear Office,

Okay, I offended you and I really and truly am sorry. However, I really wish I knew where the boundaries are in this office - why is it okay for the boss to talk about race all the time, and accuse someone else of being racist against him? Why is it okay to have a calendar of Madonna's bare back in the main room? Why is it okay to hug each other?

Not that I mind any of this other stuff (except for the racial stuff from the boss, who is not Caucasian). And I don't want to be the one who gets all defensive when called on something - I don't respect that sort of behavior.

And hey, I guess I found one of the boundaries by crossing over it. I think I'm going to keep my mouth shut from now on and avoid socializing whenever possible.

--B

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Yuma, Arizona;

I HATE you.

And yet I visit so so often, I might as well buy property.

See you tomorrow... for the fifth time. Oh, and I HATE you.

Warmly;

DR

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
DR:

I have an uncle in the Yuma Police Department.

I'd tell you to say hello, but on second thought, maybe your plans don't involve seeing the cops.

Algae

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Congratulations Frog_Feathers!

Sympathy, tea, and hugs to Canuckistan, Neffti, and Don Enrico.
-----------------------------------

Now for that letter...

Dear House,

Please clean yourself. I know I need to dust the bedroom, clear out cobwebs, and vacuum. I just don't want to. I'm doing laundry tonight, isn't that enough?

I'm just glad that Mr. K and I got the vacuum to suck the GOOD way, now that we've cleaned out the clog.

*sigh*

Oh well. I guess I'll continue the cleaning tomorrow. But, just in time for holiday decorating, right?

No love,
Ms. K

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Otis,

Okay, if I get a wireless mouse you can have the current one to chew to your heart's content. Until then, leave it alone!

Love,
C.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I'm sorry, Don Enrico. What a very difficult time this must be for you, Laphroaig, and all the rest of your family.
Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear snopsters,

many thanks for sympathy, tea, and hugs. Laphroaig is doing his best to cheer us up (headbutts by the bulk, anyone?).

We're coping, and we know it was the right thing to do.

Don Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear mother of my son's girlfriend,

You called me last night. Nice that you didn't even know whom you were calling, just that mine was possibly a phone number of someone she works with. Now you know this is her boyfriend's house.

Also nice that you had no idea where your daughter was. I guess that can happen, so I dutifully told you that she was out with DS. I gave you his cell number so you could call if your daughter needed to come home right away. I tried to be helpful, but I must say you weren't very nice.

Imagine my shock later when DS wanted to talk to me. Your daughter was quite upset. Apparently you told her that I called her a whore and a piece of trash. Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot? Not only do I NOT think that, I would never. in. my. life. say. that. It's hurtful and cruel, and you know I said no such thing. I can't imagine why you would say such a hurtful thing to your own child.

I like your daughter. She seems like a nice girl. It's too bad you don't feel the same. [Mad]

unhappily,
gp

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages