snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters You Wish You Could Send - November 2006 (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Letters You Wish You Could Send - November 2006
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 97 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Baby Dragon,
For the love of Pete, JUST GIVE IN!!!!! You are overtired, and the crying isn't making it any better for either of us. PLEASE. JUST. STOP. before I do something I may regret.
Frusratingly,
Your mother

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Zorrling,

What AD said. Also, when are you going to smile???

Mommy

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Zorro, Dear Amethyst.

On several nights I third your letters. Dear Snuffles, please sleep. At least last night you gave me three and a half hours of sleep. I hope you give me more tonight as Daddy has to go to work tomorrow again.
Amethyst: Just get a set of headphones, plug in your favourite calming song (for me its Pachabels Canon in D. I know, how lame) and listen to that, try to drown out the baby. When it cries, it cries, and if you can't make it stop, then at least you can try to relax for a few minutes.
Zorro: Don't know how old yours is, but soon you will see a nice toothless, gummy grin aimed at you.

A tired Daddy Dodo

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear mind,

Be sane again. Please. This hurts too much.

Your occupant

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 105 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Minstrel,

Here's hoping your brain gives you a rest soon. Your friends are here for you.

Hugs,
Lizzy

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Minstrel,

*hugs*

chillas

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Zorro,
What Rob D. said. Plus, keep the camera at the ready for that moment. Your time will come, I promise.
Love,
Amethyst

Dear Rob D,
It's good ol' country music blaring that drowns him out. Nothin like a Rascal Flatts song to take my mind away for 2 minutes. Gah, I feel guilty about doing it tho at times. But I figure my sanity is probably the best for him.

"Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long"
Amethyst

Dear Baby Dragon,
You STINK!! Has that been part of your problem? Nothing like a little constipation to keep you up and in a foul mood. Gotta love starting you on solids [Roll Eyes]
Gone to find the nose plugs, wipes and a diaper,
Momma

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bionic Jo:
I began to withdraw when his mother used to wait up for him in the evenings to complain about what I did to them during the day (he worked evenings then) and he wouldn't even listen to my point of view when I tried to explain what really happened.

{{{ hugs }}}

You've probably already connected the dots here, but it occurs to me that, even if S keeps his word and doesn't badmouth you to the kids, his parents will. You may want to find some way of assuring minimal contact between the kids and the grandparents.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear leg and Coumadin,
Thanks.
Becuase of you, I just lost my job.
Leg, because you hurt so often so bad that sitting hurt.
And Coumadin, because you made me so worn out and tired that I got sick so often and had me at a low level of nausea that ratcheted up to a high point this week.
Hope you liked seeing me cry.
The body that has to put up with you.

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AQB, Max's DHB
Santa eBayby

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AQB, Max's DHB     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aimee Evilpixie:
This morning when my boyfriend woke up, I was laying on my stomach and Glico was curled up on my back. He said it was really cute, which I'm sure it was, but I'll note here that she never tries to sleep on him because he sleeps on his side.

Dear Glico-Kitty,
Amateur! My DHB always sleeps on her side. I climb right up and sleep on her hip. It's really cute. Try harder.

Mrrow to you,
Sgt. Max Greevey

PS. You are a cute kitty.

--------------------
"The Potato Festival will never be the same without Evelena." (from an obituary in the Charleston, WV, Gazette)

Posts: 215 | From: living here in Allentown, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 22 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by AQB, Max's DHB:
quote:
Originally posted by Aimee Evilpixie:
This morning when my boyfriend woke up, I was laying on my stomach and Glico was curled up on my back. He said it was really cute, which I'm sure it was, but I'll note here that she never tries to sleep on him because he sleeps on his side.

Dear Glico-Kitty,
Amateur! My DHB always sleeps on her side. I climb right up and sleep on her hip. It's really cute. Try harder.

Mrrow to you,
Sgt. Max Greevey

PS. You are a cute kitty.

Dear Sgt. Max Greevey,

Is your DHB six feet tall and 125 pounds? My Daddy is. His hips are like knives. I much prefer sleeping on the squishy parts of my Mommy.

Don't worry, though. When my Daddy is sitting on the couch, I like to climb onto his lap and put all my weight right on the ticklish part of his pelvis. He thinks I don't do it on purpose, but I do.

Thank you for the compliment. I am going to assume you are also cute and well-groomed.

Maow back atcha.
Glico-kitty

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Dad's heart,

Please be okay or something easily fixable. I kind of like having him around.

His Daughter

Dear Dad,

I was very encouraged to hear this morning that you were totally pissed off about the whole situation. Keep the fighting spirit up!

See you at Christmas! Praying hard in the meantime.
Love you Daddy!

Your daughter

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KatrinaDuck
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KatrinaDuck   E-mail KatrinaDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Aimee Evilpixie,

I feel your pain. My Nestle sleeps on my face. Sometimes I wish he'd just sleep on my face so he'd stop licking my nose. The hand-and-finger licking I can sleep through. The face licking, I can't.
If we shut him out... our door doesn't close flush, and he'll bang on it. It's easier to sleep with the possibility of waking up with fur in your mouth than the constant "meeeow!" bang bang bang.
KatrinaDuck

Dear body,
Stop it. I'm trying to keep you healthy, and I'm drinking lots of water. It's for you! Stop making me jump up and run to the bathroom every 10 minutes! It's getting embarassing.
Me

Dear time,
Are you going backwards? Because this day is lasting forever!
DisgruntledKat

--------------------
It is, after all, the dab of grit that seeps into an oyster's shell that makes the pearl, not pearl-making seminars with other oysters. -Stephen King

Posts: 481 | From: North Brunswick, NJ | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 203 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear self,
Wait until you talk to the teacher before you decide on whether or not to put Dragonling back on meds. Maybe it's just a slow start. You honestly don't know when the comments were written, it could have been 4 weeks ago for all you know, and Dragonling may have improved since then. You know you really don't want to go through all this again.

Me

Dear Dragonling,
I know you are capable of doing the work. You do it here at home. I dont understand why you are so easily disracted at school. Remember last year and all the problems you had? You started to improve at the end of the year. Maybe we never should have taken you off the medication, but it is such a PITA to get you to take it.

How do I get you to focus?! [Frown]
Mom

Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Little Blue,

Please be born.

Love,
Your Tired Mama

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Undergraduate from another lab,

You were the one who suggested Wednesday. I made the preparations for it to be Wednesday. Now you suddenly remember that you have another appointment. This happens a lot. "I forgot I have class" or "I forgot I have to meet with a study group." I will be having a chat with your boss when she gets back.

If you expect me to make time for you, you need to honor your commitments.

Dr T.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear creative self:

Why is it that you can come up with ideas for jewelry while drifting off to sleep or during boring meetings when there is no pressure but now that I'm trying to do something for the craft challenge I initiated, you can't come up with a damn thing?

Me

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Self,

The German exam went brilliantly, and you did need a break, but it is over. Go greet your take-home French exam, read some stuff, and prepare for this week's quizzes. Hang in there; Thanksgiving is not far off.

Me

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear self -

finish it already. Please, please, just sit down and finish it. You will hate yourself if you push it back to tomorrow.

Procrastinating in PA
---
Dear break -

please come. I'm so tired.

Exhausted in PA
---
Dear S. -

you're nothing but a stupid jerk. Thank you for throwing me into another cycle of depression. Would it kill you to be polite once in a while? We're supposed to work together on this; if you arrange stuff without telling me you have no right to yell at me when I don't have time then.

Annoyed in PA
---
Dear other S. -

I appreciate the concern, but please leave me alone right now. I'm not feeling well.

Depressed in PA
---
Dear third S. (SO) -

I miss you so much. Can't you just screw work and school and come over here? I really need you with me.

Lonely in PA

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear relatives:

Please travel safely over the next couple of days and get here safe and sound with little complications.

Love, your grandaughter/niece/cousin

Dear Self:

Get off snopes, make the lunches for work and daycare tomorrow and clean the last bathroom. Then, tomorrow, all you have to do is sweep and mop and start laundry.

Oh, and work. And try to concentrate this time.

Algae

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear B,

Thanks for calling me at home to tell me you were wrong and that I was right. I already knew I was right. I've been doing this a while. Now, go back and reconvene the meeting full of people where you insisted that you were right, I was wrong, and that you've "never heard that in any of my training". Clearly you weren't listening. I was. And you don't get to decide to make me civilly and criminally liable for your inability to pay attention in your trainings.

*sigh*

I fear this will become a regular event, since now we have to work together. I will be living my life on the "Letters You Wish You Could Send" page.

No love,

Roadie
~~~~~~~~~~~

Roadie, darling, dear -

Figure out how to deal with this chick. She's loud, obnoxious, condescending, rude, and unbearable. However, you must figure out how to respond without acting like her. Tactic A, ignoring her, is not only not in your nature but will seem as if you condone and/or agree whatever tripe is spewing from her mouth. Tactic B, getting into an argument, will validate her need to cause a scene and will only drag you down to her level. Figure out a Tactic C, girly, by January.

Love,

Roadie

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
underfire and overrated
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for underfire and overrated     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Neighbors,

I appreciate the lack of "American Girl" but I have to say that "Rosemary's Grandaughter yadda yadda" song isn't any better.

Now, I like country to the extent that a TN girl has to, but why only the schmaltzy girl power ones? They really kind of suck. The pseudo-praise music isn't really much better. Just stop. Please. I'm about to start slipping copies of my massive Green Day collection under your door.

-underfire who doesn't care who the **** Rosemary's grandaughter is.

--------------------
I'm not a beautiful and unique snowflake! I am the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world.

Posts: 111 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
foglifter
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foglifter     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear self,

For someone who believes that nobody is perfect, why are you so hard on yourself?

Hang in there.

- foglifter

-----

Dear stomach,

Sometime between dealing with anxiety and the stomach flu, can you please give me 24 hours of peace? At this point I'd settle for 24 minutes. I miss feeling "normal", whatever that means.

- foglifter

-----

Dear JD,

Thanks for putting up with me these past couple weeks. I hope I haven't scared you away. I'm generally a sane and healthy person.

- foglifter

Posts: 88 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemi:
Dear creative self:

Why is it that you can come up with ideas for jewelry while drifting off to sleep or during boring meetings when there is no pressure but now that I'm trying to do something for the craft challenge I initiated, you can't come up with a damn thing?

Me

The same thing happens to me when it comes to working on my novel. Of which I've done precisely none in the past month...I must be the only-ever writer who became less inspired after moving to Paris. Grrrrrr! The greatest ideas do come to me when I'm sitting in financial accounting lectures, but then I'm too tired or busy or both to ever sit down and write them out.
Anyhow, Noemi, you're not alone! [Wink]

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amethyst Dragon:

Dear Rob D,
It's good ol' country music blaring that drowns him out. Nothin like a Rascal Flatts song to take my mind away for 2 minutes. Gah, I feel guilty about doing it tho at times. But I figure my sanity is probably the best for him.

Amethyst

Dear AD,

I just heard RF's version of that yesterday. Whilst I love RF (mmm, Gary LeVox), Chris LeDoux did it better. [Wink]

When I'm stressed, I play Bowling for Soup. Its hard to be stressed/angry/sad when you're singing along to those guys. [Big Grin]

~FF

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear rage,
WTF? Where did you come from? Monday I was all mopey but I actually managed to get some stuff done yesterday. Then in the middle of the day, out of nowhere, I'm pissed for no reason.
You are hanging back in the back of my mind just waiting to start a fight that I'm not going to like and will regret. Is it the no sleep? What?

Please go away. I'm working really hard to find my balance and you are making me very jerky.

Love
me

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:
quote:

Dear Rob D,

Amethyst

Dear AD,

I just heard RF's version of that yesterday. Whilst I love RF (mmm, Gary LeVox), Chris LeDoux did it better. [Wink]

When I'm stressed, I play Bowling for Soup. Its hard to be stressed/angry/sad when you're singing along to those guys. [Big Grin]

~FF

Dear FF,
I agree, Chris did it best.

"Good ride cowboy, good ride"
AD

Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:
quote:

Dear Rob D,

Amethyst

Dear AD,

~FF

Agreed!

And Amethyst Dragon, here's the chorus of one of their newest songs that I LOVE (they just came out with a new CD last week):

quote:
Ain't that a B with an itch
Ain't that a mother trucker
You can go to H E double hockey sticks
And F yourself
Cuz I'm flipping gosh darn
Sick of all the S words you put me through
so F-U

-"A Friendly Goodbye" from The Great Burrito Extortion Case

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Egg Note
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 88 posted      Profile for Egg Note   E-mail Egg Note   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear November,

I hate you and never wished you existed.

Love,
Note.

--------------------
Okay, just to make it clear, there is a real world out there. No really, there is. I checked.

Posts: 886 | From: Suffolk, VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Dear Mickey 2,
I LOVE IT!!!!!!! [lol] Haven't heard it yet, must go find it!!!

AD

LizzyJingleBells

Icon 203 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Pixar, creators of the fabulous movie, Cars,

No commentary on the DVD? WTF? That's one of my favorite parts of Pixar movies is listening to the commentary. You'd better not be coming out with a "special two disk set" in 6 months, and I'll have to buy it all over again.

Disapointed viewer

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Depressed waffles

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear self-

This happens every trimester of school, and at the IEP renewal. Don't get depressed, and don't obsess over what an "average" child would be doing at this age. The oldest has almost entirely straight A's and just was promoted to full private in her JROTC unit; the youngest boychild is excelling academically just needs work on those ADHD issues (taking time for details, etc). Sometimes having two gifted children makes going to middle Spamlet's conferences that much harder. Remember to look at -her- accomplishments, not compare her to other children. Her handwriting is becoming nicer every day, she is doing well on her spelling tests and is reading at a basic level, and does addition/ subtraction on the calculator (and sometimes without!). Her speech will never be perfect, but she is getting across some fairly complex ideas much more clearly. These are things to be happy and proud of!

Retreating into the depression and occasional self-pity, and the inevitable self-blame that starts coming around towards the holidays accomplishes nothing. The dark days of winter always bring back the memories of being snowbound at the hospital with the news of her disability and the trips to the NICU but it's up to you to drag your ass out of it!

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 101 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Husband's supervisor:
How on earth did you ever pass kindergarten? [Confused]
Somewhere out there, a village is missing its idiot.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Dear Spamamander,

From everything you have posted since you have been here, you are a very good mom! Keep up the good work! That you are worried about how to deal with your middle child as an individual is really great.

Big hugs,
TGirl
Dear Roadie,

I am channelling large margaritas...

TGirl

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  18  19  20   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages