snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Someone, please teach me to love coffee! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Someone, please teach me to love coffee!
MeliKoritsi
Deck the Malls

Icon 96 posted      Profile for MeliKoritsi   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let me just start this rant by saying that I'm totally a morning person when I need to be, and when early morning activity is part of my normal schedule (like when I regularly go to morning classes, or work morning shifts). I'm ok with getting up at 6 am, especially if I got to bed early the night before.

My Monday/Tuesday clinicals start this next week. I registered for evening clinicals (starting at 2pm) because at this time I normally work evenings . Yesterday I found out that my clinical instructor just up and quit, less than a week before clinicals start. All her students have to find new clinical instructors willing to take them in. And guess what! No openings in any evening clinicals! I get to wake up at 4am on Monday and Tuesday mornings, even though every other Sunday night I don't get home from work until 11:30pm.

This will suck. I'm a morning person when morning means 6am-8am, NOT 4am, especially when I've only gotten between 3 and 4 hours of sleep the night before. Sure, I can do it once and a while but not two days a week for months.

I'm peeved because I registed for my evening clinical in MAY, and I lose it because my teacher quits in AUGUST. I'm sure she had a good reason, and I'm trying really hard to not be mad at her personally but it's not working all that well. I'm trying to be mad at the situation itself, but it's just so frustrating and unfair. Its not fair to her students who have to scramble around at the last minute, and it's not fair to the other instructors who have to take in a bunch of extra students who they really didn't have room for in the first place. [Mad]

I hate coffee, but by Monday I think I'm going to have to learn to love it. Any tips?

--------------------
"In the harsh light of day, your plans seem crude and childish, making it all the more obvious that you need a good planning lamp."
>Liquor in the front, poker in the rear<

Posts: 424 | From: Edina, Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Cream. Sugar. And a cup you really dig.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Poor you. I've worked shifts and I hate coffee, but I could handle a latte, tastes a bit like a warm coffee-flavoured milkshake and you can buy instant ones to drink at your desk.

Alternatively you could go for Red Bull or some such, but that doesn't have the same "comfort drink" things about it. I keep Red Bull in my car, it's part of my emergency kit.

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snapdragonfly:

Oh yes to sugar in coffee. Without it I really can't get very far down a cup, however knackered I'm feeling.
Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MeliKoritsi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MeliKoritsi   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the tips guys! My boyfriend will love this- he's been trying to get me to drink coffee for over a year and I've told him that I won't drink it as long as I live.

I guess he wins this one! [lol]

--------------------
"In the harsh light of day, your plans seem crude and childish, making it all the more obvious that you need a good planning lamp."

Posts: 424 | From: Edina, Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 98 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well for one thing, you need a good coffee. Don't buy the store brand instant stuff...you'll hate it. Buy something good, and get a decent coffee maker. Use fresh, cold water to brew with.

I don't like my coffee black, personally, but I find that flavored creamers make it taste very nice. I would suggest finding a flavor you like and adding it to the coffee, then you can forgo the sugar if you'd like. At least that's what I do. YMMV.

Good luck. And if you find you just can take coffee, soda's are always a good alternative, as well as tea. Tea can have as much caffiene as coffee, so maybe you could drinnk that instead.

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My boyfriend is another coffee freak, and he's been trying to help me love coffee too! I know how you feel!!

What I've found is that I can tolerate flavored coffees. There's a Kahlua and cream flavored one that is just GREAT. I just use a lot of sugar and milk in it, and I actually enjoy my flavored coffee on the weekend mornings!

Good luck!

ETA: Lizzy mentioned tea...that's what I prefer WAY over coffee. Get some tasy Chai tea, that has lots of caffeine [Smile] Or if you can find it, Yerba Matte is similar to a green tea and very tasty. It gives you the caffeine high without the crash.

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I never liked coffee until I was in my thirties and finally had a good cup. Then it was "Oh, momma, where ya BEEN all my life?"

For me the key was learning what kind of roast I like--mild, light, for my taste--and that was it. Maxwell House, Folger's, none of them hit the spot, but a nice mild Colombian Supremo, or even better, a light-roast Kona--delicious. And I like the smell of the beans even better than the coffee.

So buy a few of those little samples and try different roasts and different beans. I'm somewhat of a coffee snob now (though I drink only one cup a day, generally) because we buy whole beans and grind them as needed and we invested in a fairly expensive but small four-pot coffee maker. But doggone it, that morning cup is great!

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RLobinske
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RLobinske   E-mail RLobinske   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I also agree with using a good coffee. I also suggest avoiding dark roasts to start, go with medium roast coffee instead.
Posts: 296 | From: Crawfordville, Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Diet Pepsi. Lots of it. Do not go to the dark side.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Flavored coffee is what I like. I found this really good chocolate raspberry truffle from Gloria Jeans. Now everytime SO and I go to the mall, I have to stop in and buy a pound.

Maybe there's a flavor you might like. Gloria Jeans Coffee Beans Flavored Coffees

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Find a Moravian church. Go to Lovefeast. Steal the coffee (but not the mug, please). [Big Grin]

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mama Duck
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mama Duck     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I will teach you no such thing. If you like coffee, then you'll buy coffee, thus creating more demand and rising prices. So you stick to soda or tea and leave the coffee to me. In fact, leave all of the coffee to me. I can drink enough for a small battalion.

--------------------
There is no interpersonal problem so big that it can't be solved with a suitably large amount of high explosives. ~ Bufungla

Posts: 3562 | From: South Texas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Katness
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katness   Author's Homepage   E-mail Katness   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yup.. to echo what others have said, start with a quality light/medium roast. The darker the roast, the stronger (and, in my opinion) more bitter tasting the brew is. Me hates bitter coffee! In fact, I hated coffee period until I got out on my own and started experimenting with different types. My parent's coffee was always deathly strong and black as tar... ew!!

I either grind my own at home, or grind it myself at the store. Like Brad, I've become a coffee snob, and refuse to buy pre-ground Folgers etc, they just taste stale to me now.

I use flavored powdered creamers... Irish Creme and Cinnamon Vanilla are my favorites... and a packet of Sweet 'N Low. A caution about the sweetener however... ONE packet of artificial sweetener is as sweet as TWO packets of sugar, so tread lightly until you figure out what works best for you!

Enjoy! [Smile]

--------------------
Eschew Obfuscation.

Posts: 72 | From: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MeliKoritsi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MeliKoritsi   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
See, I like caffeinated pop but early in the morning my stomach doesn't particularily like the cold carbonation.

--------------------

Ms Congeniality
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Congeniality   E-mail Ms Congeniality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MeliKoritsi:
Let me just start this rant by saying that I'm totally a morning person when I need to be, and when early morning activity is part of my normal schedule (like when I regularly go to morning classes, or work morning shifts). I'm ok with getting up at 6 am, especially if I got to bed early the night before.

My Monday/Tuesday clinicals start this next week. I registered for evening clinicals (starting at 2pm) because at this time I normally work evenings . Yesterday I found out that my clinical instructor just up and quit, less than a week before clinicals start. All her students have to find new clinical instructors willing to take them in. And guess what! No openings in any evening clinicals! I get to wake up at 4am on Monday and Tuesday mornings, even though every other Sunday night I don't get home from work until 11:30pm.

This will suck. I'm a morning person when morning means 6am-8am, NOT 4am, especially when I've only gotten between 3 and 4 hours of sleep the night before. Sure, I can do it once and a while but not two days a week for months.

I'm peeved because I registed for my evening clinical in MAY, and I lose it because my teacher quits in AUGUST. I'm sure she had a good reason, and I'm trying really hard to not be mad at her personally but it's not working all that well. I'm trying to be mad at the situation itself, but it's just so frustrating and unfair. Its not fair to her students who have to scramble around at the last minute, and it's not fair to the other instructors who have to take in a bunch of extra students who they really didn't have room for in the first place. [Mad]

I hate coffee, but by Monday I think I'm going to have to learn to love it. Any tips?

That is similar to how I started on coffee. I was in nursing school and clinicals started for us before 7 am. We had to be on the floor by seven. Very had after being up with the books all night. *yawn* I fell asleep right in front of the instructor! I went down to the cafeteria on break and loaded up a cup with lots of cream and sugar.

Now I am hooked on it. Not just regular coffe though, I jones for FLAVORED coffe. [Big Grin] I have have my co-workers hooked on it too.

But there are other beverages for a caffiene high. My daughter prefers MDX. That's mountain dew with extra caffiene. How about sports drinks? TEA?

--------------------
Queen of Confusion

Posts: 311 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Howard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Howard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MeliKoritsi:
See, I like caffeinated pop but early in the morning my stomach doesn't particularily like the cold carbonation.

I don't have that problem. My recent favorite is to get a Vault Zero in the morning if I'm not going to be in a cool place.

Otherwise, I like to frequent the gas stations that stock flavored syrups and creamers along with various coffees. Around here, it's usually the stations that serve Best Bean brands of coffee. I prefer the dark roast coffees (especially Kenyan and Colombian) with caramel syrup, though!

ETA: I started on coffee real young. Who's foolish enough to give coffee to a three year old? My mother! [lol]

--------------------
"I believe you believe that, but I just think you're confused."

Posts: 311 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
hoitoider

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoitoider   E-mail hoitoider   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Try it almost cafe au lait & use whole milk, not skim or 2% or whatever. Cafe latte (espresso & milk) is good also.

--------------------
No man has a right in America to treat any other man "tolerantly" for tolerance is the assumption of superiority. -Wendell L. Willkie

Posts: 3833 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Congeniality
Deck the Malls

Icon 24 posted      Profile for Ms Congeniality   E-mail Ms Congeniality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Katness:

I use flavored powdered creamers... Irish Creme and Cinnamon Vanilla are my favorites... and a packet of Sweet 'N Low. A caution about the sweetener however... ONE packet of artificial sweetener is as sweet as TWO packets of sugar, so tread lightly until you figure out what works best for you!

Enjoy! [Smile]

Have you heard of Splenda? It's all I use now.

quote:

Mamma Duck {QB}

I will teach you no such thing. If you like coffee, then you'll buy coffee, thus creating more demand and rising prices. So you stick to soda or tea and leave the coffee to me. In fact, leave all of the coffee to me. I can drink enough for a small battalion.

Good point! Ya'll stick to tea now. Leave the coffee to the coffee snobs. [Wink]

--------------------
Queen of Confusion

Posts: 311 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you're making it yourself, try making the coffee about half as strong as the directions say. Also, if you can't get your hands on flavored, try sprinklin some cinnamon on the grounds. It adds a nice hint of flavor.

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In my experience a laydown duing the day for around 30 minutes is a better long term solution than amping up the caffeine intake. But I am very sensitive to caffeine and not getting enough sleep so caffeine + not enough sleep = heart palpitaions, tremors, nausea, double vision, cold sweats. So in general a bad thing. If you have any free 45 minute block on Sunday, I would highly reccomend a nap. Not lie down with a book or TV, a real nap.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MeliKoritsi
Deck the Malls

quote:
Originally posted by Rhiandmoi:
In my experience a laydown duing the day for around 30 minutes is a better long term solution than amping up the caffeine intake. But I am very sensitive to caffeine and not getting enough sleep so caffeine + not enough sleep = heart palpitaions, tremors, nausea, double vision, cold sweats. So in general a bad thing. If you have any free 45 minute block on Sunday, I would highly reccomend a nap. Not lie down with a book or TV, a real nap.

Yeah, every other Sunday, when I don't work, I'll have plently of time for a nap. But the Sundays I do work, I won't have any time for a nap between 11am-11pm. I was planning on sleeping in on those days.

--------------------

bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Might I second the nap idea? A caffeine addiction can be very hard to break, and any kind of addiction gets expensive.

But this is from the girl who can't have caffeine at all or she's up half the night. Heck, I'm up half the night anyway, sometimes. But anxiety and caffeine don't mix, and I have anxiety. Not saying you do, but still.

Enough babbling, back to work for me.

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhiandmoi:
In my experience a laydown duing the day for around 30 minutes is a better long term solution than amping up the caffeine intake.

A 30 minute laydown? Now that would put me right to sleep...

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My Mom likes the cappuccino you can get from a machine at gas stations (at least around here). But the cappuccino is too sweet and heavy by itself, so she cuts it about half and half with plain coffee. That's usually a pretty cheap alternative, with a couple of different flavors available. Maybe that would help.

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mama Duck

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Mama Duck     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Naps are great if you have time for them. If you don't have time, and MeliKoritsi doesn't seem like she does, caffeine is your only ally.
Given your schedule MeliKoritsi, I suggest you skip the drinking part and just go with free-basing the grounds. [Wink]

--------------------
There is no interpersonal problem so big that it can't be solved with a suitably large amount of high explosives. ~ Bufungla

Posts: 3562 | From: South Texas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MeliKoritsi
Deck the Malls

quote:
Originally posted by Mama Duck:

Given your schedule MeliKoritsi, I suggest you skip the drinking part and just go with free-basing the grounds. [Wink]

Haha, that just might work.

--------------------

Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not understanding the suggestions of naps to someone who has said that she does not have time for them in her schedule. If she had time to fit in a nap, she probably would not have posted the rant. Why suggest something that has been ruled out as an option?

MeliKoritsi, it was 'European' coffee drinks that got me into coffee. Cappuccino, mochas, cafe lattes, etc. They tend to be milder and thus were good gateway beverages to regular brewed coffee.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neffti Neta:
quote:
Originally posted by snapdragonfly:

Oh yes to sugar in coffee. Without it I really can't get very far down a cup, however knackered I'm feeling.
Same here. I cannot drink coffie unless It has about four scoops of sugar and a ton of cream. If there is no sugar or cream for the coffie I just suffer of find a can of moutain dew. However, I've noticed that if I have to drink a can of pop as a substitute for my morning coffie, It does not have the same effect.

I will add that if you're out of creamer, nestlies quick chocolite mix is a good substiture. yum yum.

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bthyb
WiFi Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bthyb   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
I'm not understanding the suggestions of naps to someone who has said that she does not have time for them in her schedule. If she had time to fit in a nap, she probably would not have posted the rant. Why suggest something that has been ruled out as an option?

Where does she say she doesn't have time for a nap? I only see that she doesn't have time every other Sunday. That doesn't mean she couldn't nap Monday, Tuesday, or any other day the rest of the week. As fatigue can be somewhat cumulative, a nap another day might help.

Besides, just because she asked for solutions geared towards one approach for solving a problem (coffee in this case for fatigue) doesn't mean that she wouldn't be open to other perspectives she hadn't thought of before. Maybe she had thought of naps, but heck, maybe she hadn't.

Not trying to be snarky or put words in anyone's mouths.

--------------------
If you say you love ice cream, you better be dreaming of an orgy with Ben, Jerry, and one fine-ass chunky monkey.

-- My sister and poet extraordinaire, Joanna Hoffman

Posts: 1475 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells

Icon 505 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooo...hot chocolate mix with coffee. Instant mocha. Too yummy. *drools*

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bthyb:
I only see that she doesn't have time every other Sunday. That doesn't mean she couldn't nap Monday, Tuesday, or any other day the rest of the week.

I envy the person for whom a nap on Tuesday helps them feel less tired the following Sunday. Honestly, I've never met such a person.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Howard
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Howard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You might also try chocolate covered espresso beans.

--------------------
"I believe you believe that, but I just think you're confused."

Posts: 311 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:
Diet Pepsi. Lots of it. Do not go to the dark side.

Yes. I agree.

For an extra kick- if I'm driving for a long period of time- Mountain Dew. But only for that extra kick. Normal days get Diet Pepsi.

Frog-I like my coffee cold, carbonated, and in a can-Feathers

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lioness
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lioness         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tea is another option, but I like my coffee black, freshly ground before brewing.
Posts: 223 | From: Long Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages