snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Almost lost my lunch (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Almost lost my lunch
HappyHarry holiday
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 16 posted      Profile for HappyHarry holiday   E-mail HappyHarry holiday   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Quick background im 41 and just married for the first time to the most wonderful lady here in the phillipines. She has three kids the youngest being 3 years old.

Ok i understand about accidents and such.
the little guy cant tell me everything but i know things happen. Such as poo drizzling from a nappy it happens.
But why? is it i can field dress a deer, bind a gapping wound on myself, or even clean up after a sick cat . These things dont bother me. But let a 3 year old drop a little poo and im almost losing my lunch [Embarrassed]

--------------------
I wish i was eccentric so i could afford to be weird

Posts: 67 | From: philippines | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
8Ball
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8Ball   Author's Homepage   E-mail 8Ball   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm the same way. I had a real hard time when I used to have to change my kids diapers but I did it. Thankfully we have been out of that stage for 7 years LOL.

I gag also if a cat or a dog messes on the floor and I have always been this way even when I used to live on a small farm. I had absolutely no problem cleaning the manure of horses or cows. I guess it was because the pitch fork kept it far enough away...

--------------------
Pool, Poker, and Life - it is all about using the odds to your favor - sometimes you win sometimes you don't but as long as you learn something new you really didn't lose

Posts: 12 | From: Womelsdorf, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Amateurs. [Smile]

I must admit that I feel a little weird when body temperature spit up runs over my skin but looking at it or cleaning it up doesn't bother me.

Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
HappyHarry, my sympathies. Yes, it's yucky. I give you points for carrying through despite your discomfort -- some people just give up and leave all the nasty stuff to others. Your squeamishness may lessen after time. I found it helps not to think about it while you're taking care of it. And if the little guy is 3, you shouldn't have to change diapers too much longer -- although most kids need a little cleanup help for a couple years after they're toilet trained. That's not as bad as a yucky diaper, though.

Congratulations, BTW, on your new family! And although this isn't your first post, it's the first I've seen, so welcome to snopes.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Darth Mikey
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darth Mikey   E-mail Darth Mikey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HappyHarry:
Quick background im 41 and just married for the first time to the most wonderful lady here in the phillipines. She has three kids the youngest being 3 years old.

Ok i understand about accidents and such.
the little guy cant tell me everything but i know things happen. Such as poo drizzling from a nappy it happens.
But why? is it i can field dress a deer, bind a gapping wound on myself, or even clean up after a sick cat . These things dont bother me. But let a 3 year old drop a little poo and im almost losing my lunch [Embarrassed]

Hey, if you could bind a gaping wound on a deer and field dress yourself, THEN you'd be a real man. [Razz]

Don't let it bug you. It's poop. Poop is, by definition, nasty stuff. Just wipe quick and try not to breathe... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise.

-Rat Thing B782

Posts: 250 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
HappyHarry, I can sympathise. I have a horrible reaction to anything from any human body orifice. Ask my hubby sometime about me heaving over the garbage can when a TV character sneezes! [Eek!]

I call it a low yuck factor. [Big Grin]

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The other day, I had my 1 month old practically throw up straight down my cleavage while I was burping him. This was at night, so all I had on was my nursing bra. Sure, it was pretty nasty, but his older brother had "christened" me enough with emanations from every opening he's got that it didn't bother me in the slightest. I did, of course, have to put a new bra on. [Wink]

ETA: Would I be correct in assuming from your post that these children are your wife's from another relationship? Maybe it's just different when it's your own baby's yucky stuff. Apologies if I misunderstood.

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hell, I can barely clean out my hamster's house without retching and he's relatively neat. If it was a situation involving poo dripping from a nappy, I definitely would end up feeling very unwell.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, I hope that none of you guys have heard the Dijon mustard joke. [lol]

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Darth Mikey
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darth Mikey   E-mail Darth Mikey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Iguana:
Wow, I hope that none of you guys have heard the Dijon mustard joke. [lol]

[lol] That's a good one. But also rather frightening since it seems so plausible.

quote:
Mustard

As ham sandwiches go, it was perfection. A thick slab of ham, a fresh bun, crisp lettuce and plenty of expensive, light brown, gourmet mustard.

The corners of my jaw aching in anticipation, I carried it to the picnic table in our backyard, picked it up with both hands but was stopped by my wife suddenly at my side.

"Hold Johnny (our six-week-old son) while I get my sandwich," she said.

I had him balanced between my left elbow and shoulder and was reaching again for the ham sandwich when I noticed a streak of mustard on my fingers.

I love mustard.

I had no napkin.

I licked it off.

It was not mustard.

No man ever put a baby down faster. It was the first and only time I have sprinted with my tongue protruding.

With a washcloth in each hand, I did the sort of routine shoeshine boys do, only I did it on my tongue.

Later (after she stopped crying from laughing so hard) my wife said, "Now you know why they call that mustard 'Poupon.'"

Enjoy your lunches...

--------------------
Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise.

-Rat Thing B782

Posts: 250 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elkhound
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elkhound         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Before I go to clean out the cat box, I always smear Vicks Vapo-Rub on my upper lip. I find that the smell overcomes the catbox odor, or at least masks enough of it that I can do it without throwing up.

--------------------
"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart."--Iris Murdoch

Posts: 3307 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HappyHarry holiday
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HappyHarry holiday   E-mail HappyHarry holiday   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[/qb][/QUOTE]Hey, if you could bind a gaping wound on a deer and field dress yourself, THEN you'd be a real man. [Razz]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] NOW THATS FUNNY

--------------------

Posts: 67 | From: philippines | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HappyHarry holiday
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HappyHarry holiday   E-mail HappyHarry holiday   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
wiffed a waffle [fish]

--------------------

Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aud:
Amateurs. [Smile]

I must admit that I feel a little weird when body temperature spit up runs over my skin but looking at it or cleaning it up doesn't bother me.

I agree. Wimps...

The best is having your baby daughter shoot a stream of urine into your mouth and have her GIGGLE at your reaction (Daddy is funny looking!). I expected "shooters" from my boy, but not my girls. I did learn.

So if someone saw me change the kid, and saw me put a wipe over their "private parts", they would ask, "For modesty?", and I would say, "No, self defense..."

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah poop stories. I've got a great one.

We were once staying at my mom's, and my 2-year-old nephew was staying the night. I had the guest room with my baby in the bed with me, and my husband was on the couch because the guest bed isn't big enough for the three of us. Nephew was sleeping in the big chair in the living room, near my husband. Nephew apparently filled his diaper and was too shy around my husband to ask him for help, and since my mom and I were already to bed, he wasn't sure what to do.

So when his diaper was full enough to come out the sides, he tried to catch the mess and ended up getting it all over everything. His blankie, his stuffed animal, his clothes, his hands, his face, his hair - poop everywhere. My husband smelled it and asked nephew if he needed to be changed, and he said yes, so my husband went over to get him and realized what a mess there was. He almost got sick, came and got me, and hid in the bedroom with the baby while I cleaned up nephew and gave him a bath!

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My 10yo was a "poop decorator" when she was a baby. Until she was potty trained, she would paint anything she could with her poop. She was very sly, quiet, and totally unpredictable. The only thing I could predict was that if she had woken up in the night or during a nap, she would poop and smear it all over everything in her reach.

It got to the point where we actually used duct tape to hold her diaper shut. Unfortunately she just shredded the rest of the diaper and still managed to make a mess.

Thankfully she is 10 now and those horrific years are behind us.

Sometimes it is really easy to remember why I got my tubes tied. [Wink]

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitty Penguin
Pie rate.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitty Penguin     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bach_girl:
My 10yo was a "poop decorator" when she was a baby. Until she was potty trained, she would paint anything she could with her poop. She was very sly, quiet, and totally unpredictable. The only thing I could predict was that if she had woken up in the night or during a nap, she would poop and smear it all over everything in her reach.

It got to the point where we actually used duct tape to hold her diaper shut. Unfortunately she just shredded the rest of the diaper and still managed to make a mess.

Thankfully she is 10 now and those horrific years are behind us.

Sometimes it is really easy to remember why I got my tubes tied. [Wink]

Your whole story was like a hardcore ab work out for me... oh man.. my son is turning two in August... and it's coming... it's looming... thank you for sharing [Big Grin]
Posts: 28 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mommyrex
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mommyrex     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My kids' poop never made me gag, but just smelling poop from other people's kids sometimes really bothers me, even when they're close in age to my kids and therefore similar in eating and diaper needs.

--------------------
We also ask that you follow the guidelines above and try not to over-think these guidelines.
- the transportation safety administration's permitted and prohibited items air travel list

Posts: 240 | From: Kansas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Would it be too much to ask for some TMI space when posting the details of your poop stories? I've been trying to avoid Active Topics because just reading lines about smelling poop, smearing poop, and eating poop is making me feel sick.

If you don't want to write "TMI TMI", maybe could you guys pad the opening lines with things that don't involve poop? Please?

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, Cervus! Didn't mean to squick anyone out.

Hmmm... I could make a comment here about how "When you're a mom yourself you won't find stories like this so repulsive" but I think that might get me killed! [Smile]

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HappyHarry holiday
I Saw Three Shipments

Thank you folks for the stories.
Its good to know im not the only one who suffers from {smell a retch syndrom}.
Purple and Darth loved the musterd joke [Big Grin]
APPOLOGY TO CERVUS
She may not read this being in the same thread but i do apolagize. I just figured the thread title was warning enough

--------------------

LyndaD
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyndaD   E-mail LyndaD   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think there is a difference between the bodily fluids (and solids) of your own offspring and other children.
For what its worth, the spit-up and poo of a breast-fed baby does not have the same yuck factor as that of a formula fed baby or a baby who has started to eat solids.

--------------------
I'll drive it ugly. You can't see the paint job when you're behind the wheel, anyway.

Posts: 570 | From: Central Valley, California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When my daughter was six months old (and teething), she was drooling like mad. My brother was holding her, she drooled on his arm and he acted like battery acid hit his skin. He shrieked, he nearly dropped the baby, he kept saying, "Take her! Take her! Get it off me!"

He was 22 years old.

As for a little TMI....

TMI... not a poop TMI, but sorta funny.

The first time my husband and I attempted relations after my first baby, I leaked breast milk on him. He nearly fell off the bed, freaking out. He actually ceased activity and took a shower.

So, don't feel so bad... at least you didn't nearly drop a baby or make your wife feel like some kind of hideous monster. [Wink]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*Extra padding to push "squicky baby stuff" off the "Active Topics" preview.**Extra padding to push "squicky baby stuff" off the "Active Topics" preview.**Extra padding to push "squicky baby stuff" off the "Active Topics" preview.*

Cleaning up after my kids' poop never bothered me too much, but what really squicks me out is cleaning up after kid barf—especially after they are old enough to eat solid food.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
StillandSilent
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StillandSilent   E-mail StillandSilent   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI
Although I have not yet had the dubious blessing of children, have worked in an animal shelter for years. I can say I have seen every possible combination of ick coming from every possible orifice and it fails to bother me.
However, there is a disease that puppies can get called Parvo. If you have ever smelled the poop that comes from a puppy with parvo, you will NEVER forget it. Never. That is about the only thing left that makes me want to gag.

Posts: 75 | From: Morganton NC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arriah