snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » UPS should do their job and deliver my package.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UPS should do their job and deliver my package.
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 88 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I order some stuff and had it shipped UPS. It has been 7 day now and should be here. So I get on line and type in the tracking number. UPS receives the package and the next day hands it off to the US Postal Service. WTF I payed for UPS to deliver not the USPS. The other thing that ticks my off is that the USPS does not do a good job of tracking a package. I know the package is enroute from Forest Park, IL Monday the 18th and problably will not have any more info until the day of delivery. [Frown]
Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phil'sGirl
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil'sGirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I once ordered an umbrella from a company in Florida.

Three weeks later, no umbrella, and I had had none for the last two weeks of rain.

I called UPS and the guy on the phone said it had arrived in town on the 12th. I was talking to him on the 22nd.

I did get the umbrella that night, but it seems silly that I had to wait for 11 days for it to go across town.

--------------------
"Nobody ever looks like McCarthy, sir. That's how they get in the door in the first place" Toby on The West Wing

Posts: 816 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lawgiver
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lawgiver   E-mail Lawgiver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear FIL ordered some electronic something or other to be delivered UPS. Never recieved anything, he called and was advised it had been delivered, he insisted it had not. Several months later in the fall,after the leaves had fallen, he discovered said package, in a tree. Apparently the driver did not want to go up the in-laws driveway (long and steep) so just left it in a tree at the bottom. So yes, Singing, UPS is really getting crappy

--------------------
I looked at my sleeping husband and longed to plunge my elbow through his peaceful face. ~ Annissa

Posts: 381 | From: Nashville | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HappyHarry holiday
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HappyHarry holiday   E-mail HappyHarry holiday   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Years back while living in Denver my mother sent a christmas package by way of ups. I wasent aware of it untill i returned home from work and saw the contents strewn all over the yard!!! Mind you we have two large dogs in the yard with a locked gate and inside our mailbox is a note from the ups driver {I LEFT THE PACKAGE INSIDE THE DOG HOUSE}

lie to me some more

--------------------
I wish i was eccentric so i could afford to be weird

Posts: 67 | From: philippines | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Back in DC, I lived in an apartment complex with a north tower and a south tower. The apartment number listed which tower, i.e. "Apt. 616-South". I learned early on to write out the "south" because if I only put an S, people tended to think it was a 5. Writing out the word also made it stand out more, or so I thought. An astounding number of people would leave off the "South," with the result that my mail often didn't get delivered. Granted, that is the sender's fault, not the delivery service's, but really, if you have the number, you've got it narrowed down to two. How hard would it be for them to bring the mail to the front desk and see which of the two I lived in?

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that I understand now. UPS is using USPS because they are cheaper and do a better job. Now that is scarry.
Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitten in the rain
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitten in the rain     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Back when I lived in Alameda, I had infinate trouble with UPS. They would consistantly deliver my packages, yes, but to the wrong address.

I lived on a street called Linda Vista. There was another street, a little ways away, that had the same house numbers, called Rio Vista. Both of these streets have 'Vista' in them, but there the similarity ends. Yet almost every time I expected UPS to deliver something, it'd go to Rio Vista.

So I started requiring that the packages be signed for. Didn't work -- next package still went to the lucky people at the Rio Vista house. I discovered why, the package after that (also with signature required). The driver left it by the door without knocking and without getting my signature. Another time, the UPS driver refused to give me a package because I wasn't the person it was addressed to (Boyfriend in the Rain), even though A) no signature was requred and B) I was offering to sign for it, anyway.

I think they might have eventually cleaned their act up, though, after all of the reports of lost packages I'd made to Amazon and all of the complaint calls I'd made to UPS, because they did eventually get better. But I won't use them if I can avoid it. I'll either go through USPS, which is cheaper and better, or Fed Ex, if speed is of the essence.

Posts: 533 | From: Davis, CA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Eh, USPS does a crappy job, too. I once sold something on eBay to a guy who happened to live in a neighboring county. It should have taken one day for the package to reach him. I actually could have driven over and delivered it myself; that's how close he was.

Anyway, a week goes by and the guy writes and says he didn't get it. I didn't have tracking number for the item, so I'm thinking "Oh, crap."
A few days later the guy writes back and tells me he's found the package. Turns out the mailman left it inside an abandoned car that the man had in his front yard. WTF?!

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Singing in the Drizzle:
The other thing that ticks my off is that the USPS does not do a good job of tracking a package. I know the package is enroute from Forest Park, IL Monday the 18th and problably will not have any more info until the day of delivery.

Typically, tracking only applies to depots and other service points. It's an automated system that works by the tracking database updating when the parcel is scanned at each service point. If, for example, it's just sitting on a truck between Forest Park and the next service point, all they can tell you is that it's on a truck between Forest Park and the next service point. The only way they could do a better job would be to constantly re-scan every parcel along the route between service points.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh, ooh, ooh, I hate UPS! Just a couple weeks ago, I got a note in my P.O. Box from them, saying I had to drive to their depot to pick up a package. The package was addressed to my P.O. Box...but UPS can't deliver to those.

Then why the heck do they *accept* packages that are addressed in such a way that they can't deliver them? Doesn't my use of a P.O. Box as a shipping address convey a hint?

I want my stuff shipped to my P.O. Box! It might be smut, and I don't want anyone else to open it. It might be a battery operated anal vibrator with an attachment for squirting hot canola oil: I'd really love for that to be left sitting on my doorstep all day! It might be *valuable!* Thank you so much for leaving my great-aunt's key-wound 1858 Williston 158-note cylinder music box (package insured for $8,500) with "The neighbor across the breezeway" for me to pick up. Thank you for giving my he-ne glass laser tubes to my uncle, just because he has a similar name.

I hate these bastards.

Silas

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Logoboros
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Logoboros   E-mail Logoboros   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How about DHL leaving $3000 worth of brand new tablet computer (with a Dell shipping label right there on it) sitting outside my door in my large apartment complex.

It was a signature required delivery. Some of my less scrupulous friends suggested that maybe the package didn't arrive, and I should call and tell Dell this. Which I didn't, of course, but I was almost steamed enough to register a complaint. Computers are not one of the things you leave to the bargain package delivery service...

--Logoboros

--------------------
"If Men were Wise, the Most arbitrary Princes could not hurt them. If they are not wise, the Freest Government is compelld to be a Tyranny."

--William Blake

Posts: 1025 | From: Memphis, TN & Columbia, MO | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Silas Sparkhammer:
Ooh, ooh, ooh, I hate UPS! Just a couple weeks ago, I got a note in my P.O. Box from them, saying I had to drive to their depot to pick up a package. The package was addressed to my P.O. Box...but UPS can't deliver to those.

Then why the heck do they *accept* packages that are addressed in such a way that they can't deliver them? Doesn't my use of a P.O. Box as a shipping address convey a hint?

If I recall correctly, UPS can't deliver to PO Boxes because USPS won't allow them to. Courier websites have always been clear about this in their FAQs, in my experience. Taking the hint is irrelevant when they simply don't have a choice in the matter; I'm sure they get yelled at about this all the time, but your complaint should really be with USPS. I agree that UPS shouldn't accept parcels that are addressed in such a way*, but if you are aware that your parcel cannot be delivered to the box then don't you think the onus is on you make alternate arrangements?

*However, I don't know if that's true for rented boxes in places that are not USPS offices, such as Mailboxes Etc. and the like. Is it possible they can't tell from the address whether it's a USPS box or not?

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
. . . I agree that UPS shouldn't accept parcels that are addressed in such a way . . .

That's the crux of my gripe. I mean, would you accept a package addressed to Vancouver, and then say, "Oh, sorry, I don't go to Vancouver. I'll just drop it at Topeka?"

quote:

. . . don't you think the onus is on you make alternate arrangements?

Fair enough; I'll spread the blame evenly between UPS (for accepting the package) and the vendor (for using UPS as a courier.) One of the two of them ought to have figured it out.

In essence, the sin is that you have two services (the courier and the vendor) who, rather than admit that they cannot or will not provide service the way the customer desires it, conspire to deliver inadequate and incomplete service.

(Now and then, I will find honest vendors who say, up front, "We use UPS: please don't use a P.O. Box for a shipping address." This, at least, I can respect.)

Silas

ETA: I might still be explaining things in an unclear manner: in this particular case, whereof I am griping, the vendor never gave any indication of their shipping limitations, never specified that they used UPS, never explained that P.O. Boxes wouldn't be acceptable, and never provided any way for me, as a customer, to know what was going to happen!

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was in college, my address was a P.O. box, but there was an attendant at the post office who could accept it and arrange to have it delivered to the addressee. If you explain that at the UPS office, they'll accept it. At least they did fifteen years ago.

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I did some work as an shipping reciving clerk for a major appliance company in the replacment parst warehouse. I seem to remember shipping UPS to P.O. BOXs, but they may have been in Alaska. Shipping there could get weird. The package would be delevered to a PO Box in the next two weeks. You can pick up your self or wait until the next bush pilot heading your way drops it off.
Mr. Furious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
IIRC, UPS can deliver to boxes that aren't in Post Offices. That is, if you have a box at a Mailboxes Etc., they can deliver a package there. People often use "PO Box" in their address even though their box isn't in a PO.

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Silas Sparkhammer:
Thank you so much for leaving my great-aunt's key-wound 1858 Williston 158-note cylinder music box (package insured for $8,500) with "The neighbor across the breezeway" for me to pick up.

The Post Office once delivered a package to the middle of our yard. Not near a door or anything, the middle of the yard. I have a dog that likes to eat things. You can guess as to what my dog did to the package.

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, my understanding is that USPS won't let other services deliver to their PO Boxes. I'm not sure if this is a competition issue or a manpower issue as far as accepting delivery of packages or even a liability issue (could they be sued if they accepted a package that later turned out to be damaged, etc.). IIRC, the boxes you get at Mailboxes Etc. and the like actually have a street address, with a box (or suite) number, so the address would read

Jocko's Wild
123 This Street, Box 45
Town, State Zip Code

Because the street address is there, places will deliver to it that don't deliver to PO Boxes, but if you left off the street address, your mail could be delivered to the PO Box with the same number (and some places could refuse to deliver if they don't deliver to PO Boxes).

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Got_Fuzzy
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 03 posted      Profile for Got_Fuzzy         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
USPS isn't all that great, IMHO. My mom was in the habit of sending care packages to her out-of-state children on holidays. Mine consistently arrived several days after postal employees assured her they would. One year, an Easter package arrived two weeks late, with candy either missing or opened. It had been obviously tampered with while in USPS custody. When I went to complain, the "helpful" USPS manager said that the postal service was under no requirement to deliver a package on time, in good condition, or at all. NFBSKer.

--------------------
You're an interesting man, Sergeant. You make enemies like a craftsman.

Posts: 45 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate all mail carriers equally at this point, since I've had bad experiences with them all. A few months ago, I orderd an MP3 player for my BF for our anniversary. It went UPS, got sidetracked to Canada, and wasn't delivered until two weeks after our anniversary. I ordered another one once the UPS one was lost, and fortunately it got there in time.
With USPS, I sent an application to graduate school, complete with $60 check by certified mail and return receipt requested on May 26. The tracking number on the certified mail still shows nothing except "accepted for delivery". The check has been cashed, and I've been accepted, and the tracking screen STILL doesn't show anything except "accepted for delivery". Gosh, wasn't it nice that I spent the extra money to know it got there?

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah. UPS. I hate them. Lost wedding gifts. The worst though was Christmas gifts left with some random man in our apartment complex. My exH was out of town so I had to go to a strange man's apartment to retrieve our package.

I have always had good luck with the USPS.

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BoyfriendS's college admissions paperwork was sent to our apartment via UPS. We weren't home the first day they came, and I was afraid he wouldn't be home the next day either, so I called to see if they could send it to my office. They let me change the shipping address even though I was not the person it was being delivered to, which was incredibly convenient for me, but also quite creepy. What if I was NOT BoyfriendS's girlfriend, but just some random person?

Another time I was able to pick up a package at the post office despite the name and address on my ID not being the same as the name and address on the package. Just the little delivery notice slip was pretty much enough. Kind of shocking how lax mail security is.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Got_Fuzzy:
When I went to complain, the "helpful" USPS manager said that the postal service was under no requirement to deliver a package on time, in good condition, or at all.

Then what ARE they obligated to do?

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually DHL and USPS have a deal. You can get DHL packages through the postal service.

I have had problems with FedEx, too. The delivered an affidavit for a $500 prize to the people next door. I went next door and the lady said she didn't get anything. I asked the company to resend it to my work address and I got it. Since then I have had anything of value shipped to my work address.

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
24K_ Kate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24K_ Kate   Author's Homepage   E-mail 24K_ Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The other day, UPS delivered some packages to my office. One of them was addressed to Tidewater Vet clinic, which is not us. Co-worker chased down the delivery guy and told him he had delivered it to the wrong place. Delivery guy says “ You’re a vet clinic, aren’t you?” [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
<---Callisto

I have a 60 second snack idea for Rachel (Ray): Xanax, vodka, fall asleep.--Adrianne Frost, Best Week Ever.

Posts: 2374 | From: Naw-fik, VA y'all | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Yeh!!! USPS delivered me UPS package to day. [Smile] The USPS tracking system sucks.
Mr. Furious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's probably because it's not a tracking system. It's a delivery confirmation system.

From the USPS site:

quote:
Verify delivery with Delivery Confirmation. Our low cost Delivery Confirmation service gives you the date, ZIP Code™ and the time your article was delivered. If delivery was attempted you will get the date and time of attempted delivery.

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Here is the tracking info minus the tracking number and personal info.

quote:

Date Description Location
Jun 15 2006 Mail Retrieved From Shipper
Jun 15 2006 Received at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Carol Stream, IL
Jun 15 2006 Processed at UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF Carol Stream, IL
Jun 16 2006 Manifested (Postage Paid)
Jun 16 2006 Entered USPS Facility - BMC CHICAGO, IL
Your mail piece has been transferred from UPS Mail Innovations to the United States Postal Service.

Delivery Confirmation Information

Delivery Confirmation Number:

Date/Time Event Name Location
Jun 16 2006 10:55AM ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED FOREST PARK,IL
Jun 16 2006 06:12PM ENROUTE FOREST PARK,IL
Jun 25 2006 08:38PM ENROUTE FEDERAL WAY,WA
Jun 26 2006 01:25PM DELIVERED BELLINGHAM,WA

UPS Mail Innovations (UPS MI) has been a National Account of the United States Postal Service (USPS) business partner segment since 1997. Through this work-share partnership, we provide global mail services.

The program works like this:
UPS MI picks up the mail, processes (sorts) and transports your mail to the USPS.

Then:
The USPS accepts your mail piece and makes the final delivery to your mailing address.

I guess next time I ship UPS assuming there is no other choice. I will not that the cheapest opption again or just have USPS deliver since they will anyways and save some more money.

Para
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like how they call it "attempting" delivery. That pretty much sums up the service we have with UPS at work. They might "attempt" delivery, but they won't attempt to keep packages out of the street, out of the rain, from being punctured by carts or torn up in transit...

"Sure the package has tire marks going up it and the glass inside is now cracked and ruined! That's because you packed it wrong! And no, we won't reimburse you!"

--------------------
"But what of the golden spider-duck and the squat crimson pig?"

Posts: 425 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kev
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev   E-mail Kev   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Singing in the Drizzle:

I guess next time I ship UPS assuming there is no other choice. I will not that the cheapest opption again or just have USPS deliver since they will anyways and save some more money.

Well the problem here is that your package wasn't shipped by UPS in the sense that anyone would take that to mean (either UPS Ground or Air). It was sent USPS they just use UPS Mail Innovations to prepare their packages for mailing. There are lots of companies that provide such services for companies who send a high volume of mail through the USPS, this one just happens to be owned by UPS. They basically provide all kinds of mailing services a company may not want to do in house, most importantly preparation of bulk mail and presorting of first class mail to obtain discounted postage rates.

If the company you ordered from suggested the package was being sent UPS I would say they were being misleading.

--------------------
Austin Stars Drum & Bugle Corps | Kev's MySpace

Posts: 1126 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages