snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » I'm Not Here To Entertain Your Child!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm Not Here To Entertain Your Child!!!
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh I've been following that with disgust and horror, it's like a train wreck to me - reading it makes me sick to my stomach, but I can't stop myself.

And rereading her original post, I've misunderstood a couple things. [fish] Sorry for wasting peoples time!

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bach_girl:
Vanilla and Meanjelly-

Chimera is NOT a camp counselor- she thinks she is a clown and conducts (sometimes dangerous) circuses in her yard. Sadly that is not a joke.

I know she is not one now, but if you re-read her first post to this thread, she states that she was a CIT at the Y and then goes on to list this one child's unforgivable activites that caused Chimera to "dump her."

If you re-read my second post, you will see that I asked her whether this child was on her property or at the Y when she interracted with Chimera. If at the Y, the her actions were imho, incorrect. If at home, then kudos to her. I am familiar with her situation right now.

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vanilla:
quote:
Vanilla and Meanjelly-

Chimera is NOT a camp counselor- she thinks she is a clown and conducts (sometimes dangerous) circuses in her yard. Sadly that is not a joke.

I know she is not one now, but if you re-read her first post to this thread, she states that she was a CIT at the Y and then goes on to list this one child's unforgivable activites that caused Chimera to "dump her."

If you re-read my second post, you will see that I asked her whether this child was on her property or at the Y when she interracted with Chimera. If at the Y, the her actions were imho, incorrect. If at home, then kudos to her. I am familiar with her situation right now.

I saw that after I posted, but left it for those who probably were confused by her post.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chimera
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chimera     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Vanilla and Meanjelly-

Her child is not even there- supposedly he is at Disneyworld with his grandparents. Chimera just likes having kids at her house, preforming circus acts, and then bitching about them here on snopes.

It's like an episode of Fear Factor and Ripley's Believe it or Not all rolled into one.

Unfortunately there are children involved.

My child was only in Florida for a week. I don't deal with these kids when my kid isn't here (sorry). My kid likes playing with these children. I'm not getting paid to watch them. They just sort of show up at my home and I do occasionally try to entertain them. When my kid was younger I actually invited professional performers over partly so they could distract the other kids for a while so I could spend time with my own boy in my own yard.

I was a CIT in my youth (I am not a councelor), I worked a kids soup kitchen, I had a couple jobs involving children but now that I have my kid he's the one I think of. I have a soft spot for some of these kids but I'm rarely "performing" to them... I pretend to ignore them half of the time.

Although I do try to find activities for them and show them some stuff... if they show an interest I'll try to teach them what I can (within "reason"). Some of them think its "tight" (I don't know if that's good or bad). Most of them can entertain themselves when I'm involved with other activities or pretending to ignore them.

The parents of the children are more than welcome to come over and supervise their children. A lot of the parents just thank me for letting their kids hang out here (and some can see everything that goes on from their yards).

Yeah I get ticked sometimes. I've encountered a few that I've had personality conflicts with. But overall they are good kids... but they are still kids. Kids can be annoying at times by just being theirselves. Other peoples kids can be very annoying but at least you can send those home. They also know how to play me. They do things like draw chalk murals on my driveway of my kid and me and they're gernerally polite and honest kids.

I'll admit that I did have another batch of kids before my son was born. Most of them were great but it was a "one bad apple" situation (then I had my kid and an excuse that I didn't have time for the kids). Back then it was mostly just boys that came over to shoot some hoops or curious kids wanting to see if I had any interesting animals (I was still active in wild life rehab back then).

--------------------
"The question for joining the protected forum for real magicians should be:

What is the use of women?"
Steve W. from JREF's 'This is no fun'

Posts: 7622 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chimera
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chimera     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh heck. No I never dumped a camp kid (I didn't have that authority), a kid's kitchen kid or anything else where I was meant to be watching a child and accepted direct responsibility for them. I just smiled and did my best.

I threw an annoying girl out of my own back yard. Sorry for any confusion. I'm not saying its much better but if I take actual responsibility for a child I do my best. (Until someones clothes go into a river then I remind the counselor leaders that if its a boy I can't get involved in such matters and laugh my butt of about the situation.)

--------------------
"The question for joining the protected forum for real magicians should be:

What is the use of women?"
Steve W. from JREF's 'This is no fun'

Posts: 7622 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages