snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » OK, it's June 1... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OK, it's June 1...
lazydogweb
Cauliflower Ears

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazydogweb   Author's Homepage   E-mail lazydogweb   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
GenYus,
Just had my first ever fire evac plan meeting. Lived in Midwest growing up, can't stand Tornados. Lived in NC for 8 years, LOVE hurricanes compared to Tornados. I loved all the prep time. I figured prepping for evac was prepping for evac, but I learned a TON with the fire evac. Local guys out here say they haven't seen it this dry in 30 years. But now I know the few differences from evacing huricannes and fires. Either way, I'm always ready.

--------------------
I was here last time I checked, maybe I left.
GO Detroit Tigers!! 2006 ends our streak!

Posts: 153 | From: Rye, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Minstrel with cherries on top:
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
Minstrel, an interior bathroom with no windows would be your safest bet. Failing that, a closet is good, as long as it's not on an exterior wall.

The bathroom has a window, but the closet is interior. Of course, if I have enough time (we're still in Watch, not Warning), the best thing would be to flee to my aunt's house a couple of miles from here and hide in her basement!
How close are you and your aunt? 'Cause if you go to her house every time there's a Watch, you'll be seeing a lot of each other!

My house doesn't really offer a good option for tornado shelter. It's a tri-level. The lower level is partly above ground and has windows in every room. There's a hallway that doesn't have windows, but it's open to one of the lower-level rooms and to the stairway leading to the ground level.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fun with a 9mm
Deck the Malls

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Fun with a 9mm   E-mail Fun with a 9mm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
NJ gets hit by a hurricane about once every five years or so. By the time they get to us, thought, they're usually downgraded significantly. The only time I was ever scared during one was Floyd, in 199-something; a bolt of lightning hit a transformer reeeeally close to my house. The whole damn thign exploded in a shower of sparks that I would have been impressed by if I wasn't already terrified, as I am scared of thunder and lightning.

A transformer across the street from my house was hit last year, during Jeanne, I think, knocked out our power. We heard the FPL guy a while later start working on it, then ZZZZZZZZZZap and "G**dammit!" We FLEW out of the house, expecting to see fried lineman. But he was on his cell phone, bitching someone out and got into his truck and left. Another lineman came out a little later and finished the repairs.

--------------------
I'm not mean, you're just a big sissy. -Happy Bunny

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.- Verbal Kint

Trespassers will be pelted with jellyfish.- Daniel Cluley

Posts: 221 | From: Bradenton, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by black roses 19:
quote:
I, like Pam, live in New York, where we don't really HAVE any natural disasters. You should all move here
You've obviously never seen The Day After Tomorrow

[Wink] [lol]

No, no, no -- we live upstate. There's a whole lotta state above the city, fortunately.

(And I LOVE "The Day After Tomorrow!" Don't tell me the science is bad; I know it is. But that movie is just so much FUN!)

ETFix spelling. Shouldn't eat and post at the same time.

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages