snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters You Wish You Could Send - June 2006 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Letters You Wish You Could Send - June 2006
ringotaku
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 304 posted      Profile for ringotaku   E-mail ringotaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear AFF girls,
If you don't want to travel outside of your city then don't post a personals ad on the WORLD wide web. Use your newspaper. Oh and if that's just an excuse DON'T! Tell me that you just aren't clicking with me. I can take it.

Dear Human Beings,
Quit saying offensive things. Then when I call you on it go "I'm just kidding bro. Lighten up". THEN turn around and frelling bitch people out for "making you uncomfortable". Either play fair or DIE! This world is hard enough when people aren't hypocrites.

Sincerly,
Ring "Bad Days just keep coming" Otaku

--------------------
Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

Posts: 76 | From: Dublin, GA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 05 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Flanders--
What the hell?! [Confused] I come home from work last evening, and you're going nuts from the storm. Bruce was feeding off your hysteria. You're two years old and you've never shown a thunder phobia before! What happened? You were also pacing last night; I guess there were more storms coming and you sensed them. Trust, me the late great Jasper was very thunder-phobic--hell he could always tell when a storm was coming. Weathermen would've killed for his Doggler Radar! I'm just confused because you were cool last year and the year before and all of a sudden you're scared out of your skin. What gives?
[Confused] Signed, your confused human.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Dad,
For crying out loud, flipping stay in bed already! They'll let you up to walk around when you're good and ready, and you AREN'T gonna sneak by nurses while dragging 60 different tubes and tripping over your own feet at 3 a.m. Don't make me knit restraints!
Loyhar *knitting crappy scarves is my new preoccupation* gil

Dear Doctor,
Adjust Dad's pain meds. He's stubborn, yes, but he's not stupid. But his brain's so clouded by meds, he's not thinking straight. Isn't there anything else you can give him?
The concerned whiny baby in the family

Dear Self,

Stop being a moron. You gave up stress eating years ago, why start again now? If you can withstand stress-eating during a divorce from a manipulative, emotionally abusive, and narcissistic alcoholic while also watching your favorite aunt succumb to heart disease, then you can withstand stress-eating during your dad's cancer treatments. His prognosis is FAR better than your aunt's, or your former marriage's.

Crimeny, now's when you HAVE to make sure you maintain your eating habits and healthy weight. You've got at least two generations of cancer on your dad's side, and type 2 diabetes on both sides, not to mention kidney and heart disease. Get control back NOW. Plus, you've got a kid with cancer on BOTH sides of her family. Be an example for her NOW.

Flippin' heck, you know you're out of control when even your fat pants are tight.

Loyhar *but Reese's Pieces are tasty and comforting!* gil

PS to self - Quit letting the ex browbeat you. Your stomach doesn't need to burn and cramp every time he calls and demands this or that. You're not that person anymore, and you haven't been for quite some time! Don't regress now.

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Self,

Browsing ULMB is not going to get that carpet clean. Graduation party is Sunday, so it must be done TODAY! Preferably now. As in, get off your butt and finish shampooing the carpet.

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear S at Cingular,
When someone leaves you multiple voicemail messages telling you that they need a copy of their earnings from the time they were employed with the company, it's common courtesy to call them back. Particualrly if they're marked urgent. If you are not the person I need to speak to, then how about calling me and telling me so, then giving me the information. I am right now looking at being 100% responsible for my hospital bills because I can't turn in my financial aid paperwork because I don't have the info from you I need to complete it.
Pick up your damn phone already.
Jennifer L.

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spamamander with cheese on rye:
quote:
Originally posted by Frog_Feathers:
Dear Powers of the Universe;

Guard me tomorrow at the slumber party. Now I know why my mother only had one full-blown slumber party in my life. Give me strength to get through those hours that I won't be able to get online and have intelligent conversations that aren't full of "OH MA GAWD!" and "like, you know".

Signed,
CJ's Mom

Dear girls coming to the party;
Remember how you're normally afraid of me? Good, keep remembering that. [Wink]

~CJ's Mom

You could try my solution- my daughter is turning 13 next month and I'm kicking all the girls outside. We have a six person tent and an acre and a half of blank space. It helps that we live in the desert and its likely to be fair weather. We'll be setting up a firepit (supervised of course) and they can make s'mores and giggle to their heart's content... out there.

Then again, I'm not sure the back acre will be enough to contain the noise of teenage girls.

I was going to do that, except my parents backyard (where we're having the party because of the firepit- I forgot to mention that) borders with a laundry mat where the police routinely patrol because of many drug deals that go on there. I mentioned it today- and my mom said, "Not on a Saturday night at the [name of laundry mat]"

I'm also looking for scary stories to tell... anyone have any (aside from the "hook on the doorhandle" one), please, PM them to me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Guests,
Please be aware that there are HUMANS in there. We do feel pain. NOW DON'T LET YOUR KIDS GET AWAY WITH YANKING ON US! Likewise, don't encourage them to do it. Also, when we're signing autographs, give us the NFBSKing pens right side (or write-end) down. If you can't write with a pen when it's upside down, how do you expect ME to?

Furthermore, if your kid is afraid of a character, DON'T MAKE THEM GO UP TO THE CHARACTER TO TAKE A PICTURE! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want any pictures of my kids with their faces skewed, red, and teary. When it's [character]'s time to go in, it's their time to go in. They have been out there for 20 minutes, with sweat dripping down their nose, cleavage, back, and even their ass crack, and they can't get ANY of it off their skin. When they want to go in, LET THEM. I'd love to see your idiot faces if you could see the character come partially out of costume, with the sweat still dripping. How you like dem apples?

Oh yeah, and I forgot one more thing- please detach your children from us. We understand that they LOVE us, but we need to see other families. Other families want to take pictures- without your child. It's not cute. I'm sorry if your kids get stepped on or hit a wall when we're walking to the next table...it your and your kid's fault.

Sincerely,
A pissed off cast member

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Don Enrico:
Dear Noemi,

if you ever come to Hamburg, I would love to share some ranting about this over a bowl of "fresh" mussels or a plate of "homemade" stew in one of the restaurants here.

"Don" Enrico

Dear "Don" Enrico:

I'd love to. If you ever are in this part of the world we can always discuss it while we are looking at "authentic" Native American crafts or "real" "leather" belts .

"Kate": Thanks for the link, I found it very "entertaining".

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post 
Dear R.

I did not say your band sucked, you did. Before I ever saw you play. I did not "bust your balls" in front of "everyone", I said you should know what you were talking about before you rant about how awful it is - and the room was empty. Finally, I didn't call you paranoid. I said you were acting paranoid, and from the email you sent me, I was justified. 90% of your letter is ranting about things that Never. Ever. In the real world happened. Being all defensive and throwing accusations around doesn't make you seem very rational, either. All I could think of while reading your letter was "projecting much?"

I don't know what the hell is going on in your head, but to tell me that I don't know anything about you or what you think makes me wonder what the last 15 years worth of conversations and (supposed) friendship means to you.

I guess it means you don't know me, either. What a shame, I really enjoyed hanging out with you. I hope you get past this latest insecurity, but I don't really know if I want a "friend" who is just going to go off with no warning and for no reason.

I just don't know what to say, so I guess I'll just wish you good luck.

D.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Menolly
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menolly   E-mail Menolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by glass papaya:
Dear Self,

Browsing ULMB is not going to get that carpet clean. Graduation party is Sunday, so it must be done TODAY! Preferably now. As in, get off your butt and finish shampooing the carpet.

[Smile] Dear self,

Thank you for browsing ULMB now and again this past week instead of *non-stop cleaning* the house. The carpeting got cleaned. The bathrooms, kitchen, windows, drapes, patio--cleaned. Floors, mopped. Everything was dusted that needed it. If you hadn't made yourself stop, your back would be in much worse shape. Instead of feeling like a 75 pound midget is standing on your shoulders, it could very well be the 6'1" son who just graduated. The in-laws had a great time after the ceremony. Relax. Breathe. Sleep soon?

--------------------
Let's just pretend we're normal for a minute ~ New favorite T-shirt quote

Posts: 1193 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by glass papaya:
Dear Self,

Browsing ULMB is not going to get that carpet clean.

Dear Self,

Yeah, what Glass Papaya's self said. Did you really need a break after the kitchen? The kitchen is roughly the size of the bathroom-Tiny! Get on it.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
In a similar vein...

Dear self,

Browsing the ULMB is not going to help you study for your exams, but at least it's a change from trying to scrub the garden and weed the bathroom, or whatever it was you were doing last time.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a waffle queen:
Dear Guests,

....Furthermore, if your kid is afraid of a character, DON'T MAKE THEM GO UP TO THE CHARACTER TO TAKE A PICTURE! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want any pictures of my kids with their faces skewed, red, and teary....
Sincerely,
A pissed off cast member

Mickey,

I think the problem, at times, is that until you get to the park, you don't realize how *huge* they are. I remember my DDs first encounter with Buzz Lightyear. She was terrified & I don't blame her because in her eyes, he was huge!! And they don't talk either unless they're face characters which can confuse a kid too.
I found that once DD met a few 'face' characters, she was more OK with the full costumes. As always MMV!

Morgaine

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by 24K_Kate:
"Dear" Noemi and "Don",

Check out this "link." I find the "content" quite amusing.

Sincerely,
"Kate"

Dear "Kate":

"Y" OMAN "K" for "that" link.

Canuckista "n".

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'
Grandma Got Run Over by a Rain Check

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear weather gods,

THANK YOU! Now not having air conditioning won't suck so bad.

Dear AC fixer-uppers,

Please send someone before, oh, say, July. I ain't goin' through another week like this.

Dear Body,

Uh, yeah. The heat is off now, so you can take back in the water weight you lost. Though you can keep off the legit pounds. [Smile]

And feet, you can lay off the swelling. I don't like where that's going...really.

--------------------
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

Posts: 508 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Peanut,

You turned 6 yesterday. How did that happen? I swear that I just brought you home from the hospital yesterday. You'll be gradutating high school by next week, at this rate. I love you.

Sniffle-
Mom

Dear Oldest Nephew,

Congratulations! You graduated. You looked so nice in your cap and gown. I cried, but luckily you didn't see me. Thanks for arguing with your mom and not letting her come, so I could be there. I know you're shrugging the whole thing off, but I also know that having her be this way hurts you. She's my sister, it hurts me, too.
In spite of her, and the things she's done, you've become a good man. I love you, and I can't wait to see you gradute from the culinary program.

Love-
Aunt Holley

N-
You had the baby! I'm a pseudo aunt again! I'll be up in a few hours to come see him. I know he's gorgeous. I promise, I'll be coming to see you more often.

Love
Your best friend since the 1st day of 6th grade.

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Tzarina,

Your nephew is joining the culinary field? How cool! [Smile] That is what my daughter is doing too. She registers next week.

glass papaya

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 96 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Circadian Rhythm,
STRAIGHTEN THE NBFSK OUT.

Dear housemate,
Please stop thinking of ways to keep me up late at night every time I manage to straighten out my circadian rhythm. You can get along on four hours' sleep a night. I can't.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Mousepad,

Not you, too! Sheesh. I try to take care of you, lovely laptop, I really do.

Love, Me

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemi:
Dear world at large:

For the love of all that you hold dear, please figure out how to use quotation marks correctly. Putting them around a word or phrase does not provide emphasis, it actually indicates that this is not something anyone is ready to state as a fact. I'm pretty sure that isn't what you meant to indicate when you refer to your "work related accident" but I'm happy to go along with you if you'd like.

Me

You stole my "rantidote"!

It gets downright frightening when is comes to food.

"Chicken". "Fresh"... well what the NFBSK am I being served???

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear *insert words unsuitable for Snopes.com* "man" -

You shot a dog. In her own backyard. A dog who by all testimonials was not bothering you, other than by the fact of her existence. You "don't like dogs" so you shot her and left her to die. A family who was starting adoption proceedings will now be left without a lifelong companion, because YOU "do not like dogs". I don't know why the law is not allowing a criminal suit to be filed against you, but the animal guardians are doing everything they can to raise money for a civil suit, and I contributed. You probably won't get jail time, but I hope they can sue you for all you're worth, and then use that money for their services. The worst part is, you've flat out admitted, nay, -bragged- about shooting many more dogs because you don't like them!!! You are *more unsuitable words*!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[flame] [flame] [flame]

Dear Animal Guardians -

I'm sorry I didn't have more money to donate to you today. I'll scrape out the change jar next weekend and see what I can come up with. RIP Sophie, and I hope her potential family finds another dog. [Frown]

Me

ETA:

Dear Dorothy -

You're such a pretty, sweet little guinea pig. Welcome home. [Smile] We're really not so bad. And we give you carrots and lettuce! You make little chirpy noises at me and I think it's cute. But...umm...sweetie...I bought you as a bday present for my husband. Could you show a little more affection for him, please? You're making him sad by attaching to me, and I feel guilty!

Much love,

New mommy

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear heart,

Tape isn't working; I'll get out the stapler to hold you together if I must.

Plevse stop with the confusion, and the conflicting emotions about every single thing. You don't always have to be ineffable.

It's nearly 4 in the morning. My schedule is shot; how will I get to sleep Sunday night? I mean, I have that early morning grown-up job, remember? Please stop with the tears, the ones that seem to come from no where, the ones that are certainly leading no where.

I just can't afford to do anything about you, I really can't. Please pull yourself together.

Love, Me

--------------------

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear NewZer0,

***hugs*** Whatever's wrong, dear, things will get better. Feel free to PM me.

-Mickey

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
On a slightly less weighty subject:

Dear Hollywood,

Is it too much to ask that you maybe once in a while TRY to put out a decent sci-fi movie? Specifically, I'm talking about Aeon Flux. Seriously; how can you botch this? Nobody went in expecting Citizen Kane or anything, but my God, people. It's a movie about a hot chick in tight spandex who battles an oppressive government using all kinds of crazy weapons and martial arts. How do you make that so boring? And yet, there it is, in full-color glory. Aeon Flux: the most perfect example of how to take a no-brainer and still screw it up.

I want my hour and a half back. Not to mention the $4.35 I paid to rent it.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Ma,

Yay! Happy happy!!

And tonight, when Rory has to go walkies in the AM, wake me up! You are not supposed to do that! You got boo-boos on both hands and arms from IVs and dog baites! It won't heal if you do that!!! Stubborn woman!!!

-Trish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Rory the Wonder Dog,

I know you miss Mommy, but practically knocking her over when you saw her wasn't cool. She went in the hosptial due to a doggie that bolts at us when we go by his yard, and he bit her, and well, your running towards her gave her a bit of an unhappy flashback. Mommy still loves you, but tone down the love a few notches!

Oh yeah - and thanks for barking like an idiot in the middle of the night when the car across the street opened and closed it's doors. Some of us were trying to sleep!

-The Trishee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear self,

Gee, whaddaya know? Eating right and exercise works! You lost 5 pound this week! You go, girl!

-Trish, very happy!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear friend's MIL and FIL:

WTF? Seriously, WTFityFityF? You are grown-ups, aren't you? You're grandparents, for God's sake (several times over)? Where the heck do you get off doing that to your kids? First, daddy loses his job, OK, it happens, it may not be due to anything wrong you did (although, I'm beginning to have my doubts, based on your subsequent behavior). At your age, I can understand it being difficult to find another job at the same level. I can even understand borrowing money from your daughter and SIL for the short term. But, at some point, most people would swallow their misplaced pride and take ANY job they could find. Instead, you guys sit around moaning your fate, doing ABSOLUTELY nothing to change your lifestyle, borrowing money on top of money, until you lose you house. Then, when daughter and SIL decide they've lent all they can, you guilt daughter into lending you more behind SIL's back (this is not excusing her doing it, she was wrong in keeping it from her DH). All that was bad enough....

BUT NOW???? How in all the universe do you justify even thinking about opening up a credit card in daughter and SIL's name and running up $15,000 in debt??? Ya know what, the amount of the debt doesn't even matter, it could be $1 and it would STILL be totally wrong. And where do you get off telling them, when confronted with irrefutable evidence (after denying the truth for months), "well, you can afford it." Yeah, you're damn lucky they can, or your asses would be sitting JAIL right now. What you did was a CRIME, people, not to mention an unpardonable sin.

Jeez, what a couple of NFBSKers you are. Explains a whole heck of a lot about how your daughters turned out, however....

Grrrr,

Me

P.S. I do have to thank you, however, for making my parents and their hang-ups look positively saintly in comparison!

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 105 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by NewZer0:
Dear heart,

Tape isn't working; I'll get out the stapler to hold you together if I must.

Plevse stop with the confusion, and the conflicting emotions about every single thing. You don't always have to be ineffable.

It's nearly 4 in the morning. My schedule is shot; how will I get to sleep Sunday night? I mean, I have that early morning grown-up job, remember? Please stop with the tears, the ones that seem to come from no where, the ones that are certainly leading no where.

I just can't afford to do anything about you, I really can't. Please pull yourself together.

Love, Me

What Mickey said.... (((HUGS)))

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Record Heat Wave,

Go Away.

I'm so over the 100 degree weather when it's barely June. I hate hiding in my house, or hiding in a cold bath.

It's not mid July. It's too hot. Knock it off!

Sincerely,

Ms. 'sweating...not to the oldies, just sweating' K

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Dear Mickey and Jocko,

Oh, goodness, thanks you guys. I don't like posting lam stuff; I'm not fishing for sympathy. But sometimes I don't know what else to do. Thanks for your kind words.

--NewZer0

--------------------

Ms. Kringle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
On second thought, I'll remove this. No need to make the whole sordid tale more public than it already is.

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Morgaine La Raq Star:
I can't believe I'm about to write this!!

quote:
Originally posted by Starla:
Dear Mr S,
Don't lead me on. If you start talking about visiting your parents with the girls and letting me stay behind you better follow through with it. The whole idea combines 2 of my biggest fantasies (that aren't dirty) into one.
Please, please don't let this be mere idle talk!!
Love,
Starla

Dear Starla:

May I suggest offering to fill one of *his* biggest fantasies in return?

Mor 'Yep, I did "go there"!' -gaine

Oh, the second he buys those plane tickets- minus one for me!- I'm all over it, uh, him. Well, both really. [Big Grin]
I don't believe in using sex for manipulative gain, but if he does this I won't be able to stop myself from doing him.

Hope He's Reading This,
Star"I better stop now"la

Dear M,
You didn't write back, that's cool. I just hope you're doing well. It would be nice to keep in touch because we shared so much past history, but I understand. Please don't be upset if I try again in a year or so. Why would you sign up for a Reunion website if you didn't want to hear from anyone?
P2BP Forever,
Starla

Dear AF,

It's been so hard being around you lately and I wish it wasn't that way. I'm trying not to let my real feelings show, but it's almost a relief that you are moving. I wish things were like they used to be, but you have changed so much and not in a good way. I miss the conversations we used to have, exploring all kinds of topics, not these vehement preach-fests you've been going on the past few months.

I understand that you are taking a big step. Maybe you need to entrench yourself in all this rhetoric as a way to build your courage for the road ahead. I doubt you even know you're doing it. Maybe I am more sensitive about it and looking for flaws as a way to ease the pain of losing my best girlfriend. I just wish it didn't have to be this way. I wish there was something I could say to change things, to make you see what you're becoming. Would you even care?

I feel as if you're hurt that I haven't cried over your upcoming move. You cried when I thought I was moving a few years ago and told me you were hoping I wouldn't. Besides my real joy that you are taking the next step in your life's dream (it's huge! it's wonderful! It's what you've wanted for so long!), I feel like it's time to close the book on our friendship while it can still be remembered as an overall blessed thing. So forgive me if I don't cry tomorrow night. I just don't have it in me.

It's Time,
Starla

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Mind,

Please shut up and let me sleep.

Your owner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Sanity,

Where have you gone, and why can I not find you in my head where you are supposed to be?

Your hopefully not former owner

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Ovarian Cyst,

No rent, no room, no excuses.

-The landlord

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MaidenAthene
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaidenAthene   E-mail MaidenAthene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Parents:

Make an effort, will ya? I'm supposed to be out of this angsty teenager-y "I hate my Parents" bull-stuff, but you are making it hard on me to not get mad at you guys. Sure, you say all you want about Gramma, but you aren't helping either.
-Athene

Self:
Just. Effin. Say. It. Why is one sentance so hard to say? I mean, outing myself to Mom was easier than this. Why is this so effin hard? And what's the deal with all this blubbering? Its summer, for chrissake.
-Athene

Night:
I guess me and you are going womano-all-nighto. At least i feel better being awake at night, but its screwing up my plans.
-Athene

Job (in potentia):
Come on, i applied a million times already, i'm effin tired of being at home all day. I have plans, dammit, plans, that include you, and me going away from here.
-Athene.

--------------------
“We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.” - Marilyn Manson
"Well, end more, your not ending enough!" - MST3K

Posts: 259 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Bigot,

"I said I'm sorry if that offended anyone! Sheesh!" does not count. You can't post, "support the anti-gay amendment!" with a link to what your church believes about teh gay and follow it up with an "apology" and get a free pass. The group has a solid no spam rule for a reason. You not only violated that rule, you did it in a way that is extremely offensive to many people. "I'm sorry if that offended anyone. I just think it's important,"
isn't an apology; it's crappy ass-covering while reinforcing your bigoted viewpoint.

You don't get to post something that divisive and then get mad when someone (gently) calls you out for it.

I won't responded again to the group site b/c the mods asked us all to drop it, but boy do you deserved to be called out for that, "I said I was sorry!" bullshit. It's crap. You're not sorry. What you are is pissed I called you on it (and was then backed up by someone else. Someone who was much, much harsher and long-winded than I was, yet didn't warrant a sheesh from you. Nice).

Try a genuine apology, you bigoted idiot.

Sheesh,
Starla

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages