snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters You Wish You Could Send - June 2006 (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Letters You Wish You Could Send - June 2006
BeowulfGirl
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeowulfGirl   E-mail BeowulfGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Frog_Feathers,

I've been following the saga of Shawn and the airlines with great interest, and as a frequent flier myself, I just want to offer hugs! [Big Grin]

--BeowulfGirl

Dear Fascinating Englishman In The Faculty Lounge This Morning:

Dude, who are you? Are you new? Do you plan on sticking around? What department are you in? Are you single? Would you have lunch with me? Seriously, you're making me re-think my crush on Physics Guy and Diagnostics Medicine Guy.

Love,

--That weird British Lit professor you got change for a dollar from

--------------------
Please visit my blog and leave a comment! It's all pretty and pink and quite funny. Go here: http://beowulfgirl.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1790 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 304 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Knee,

What, again? I know we've had this discussion before, but WTF? Now you're hurting in the back, instead of the side. The doc says it's a pulled hamstring mixed with tendonitous. The boss is not going to be happy to hear I'm on work restriction again. How am I supposed to do my job? Knock it off already, please?

The landlord

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Max_Renn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Max_Renn   Author's Homepage   E-mail Max_Renn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
DSL connection,

Enough already! This twitchiness is driving me up the wall. Five minutes of a solid connection and then a minute of flickering...I spend half my time at the computer with one eye on the "LINK" light, and I'm sure my neighbors think I've developed Tourette's from all the cursing you're inspiring. This can't be good for the heart, this roller-coaster of "it's steady...it's steady...IT'S STEADY...NOOOOOOO!!!!!" in the middle of a huge download. I keep flashing back to my years with a Performa, how breathing on it wrong would cause a complete system failure. Swearing off Mac products forever was the result of that purchase. I can't live without my high-speed!

Max "could not locate email host" Renn

--------------------
Sister Ann: DRIVE! DRIVE
Crow T. Robot: Look, I'm already driving, there's no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase! If you want me to go faster, you should say so.

Posts: 579 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear rental car company, etc.:

I had to rent a car because some woman wasn't paying attention and rear ended me. It is simply not fair that I have to be without my satellite radio for a week!

Lydia "gimme my Sirius" Oh Lydia

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear BeowulfGirl,

Thanks for that. [Smile]

He called about fifteen minutes ago. His flight is delayed again. Are you ready for this? Because "arriving aircraft is late"... er? His plane was late arriving last night, but that didn't stop them from sending off the connecting flight anyway!

I'm still going to leave at the same time, because again, they can "make up" the time in the air. [Roll Eyes]

I see a nasty letter to the airline in my near future!

~FF

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Washtub full of tools,

Why, oh why do you have to weigh about 200 pounds? You didn't look that heavy this morning! Then I tried to lift, got up, got you moved, and my back has been locked up like a safe since.

100? Easy. 150? Not so bad. 170? I can hack it- shade less than my own body weight. 200? Ow. [Frown]

C

Dear FAFSA,

Hurry up with my loan. Please.

C

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
24K_ Kate
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24K_ Kate   Author's Homepage   E-mail 24K_ Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear friend who I know is lurking,
She's not worth it. And, she's not here. Come on out. We can have just as much fun stalking over here as there.

Hugs and Skittles,
SFK

Dear person causing discord,

Your signature line is quite contradictory to your actual attitude. I don't think kindness matters much to you at all. It does matter to me though, so I shall keep on being nice to everyone. I find it to be a lot less stressful that way.

Love
The person who thought you were nice when she met you in real life, but is now not so sure.

--------------------
<---Callisto

I have a 60 second snack idea for Rachel (Ray): Xanax, vodka, fall asleep.--Adrianne Frost, Best Week Ever.

Posts: 2374 | From: Naw-fik, VA y'all | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
At least I know it's not me whose signature line is out of whack with her personality...

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear crabs,

When I throw crab traps in, you're nowhere to be found.

When I go fishing, every freaking second I cast my line, I end up with you buggers clinging to my bait.

When I go CRABBING I want to come home with CRABS. When I go FISHING I want to go home with FISH.

-The girl who got her croaker from Food Lion... shhh

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 606 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear box elder bugs
PLEASE go away and don't ever come back!! I know you're as harmless as it gets for an insect: you don't bite, sting, or transmit disease. However, your numbers are simply overwhelming! You're everywhere in my yard! Would you all just leave???
Signed, frustrated homeowner, who BTW has no box elder trees anywhere in her yard!! [Confused]

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BlushingBride
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlushingBride     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker:
quote:
Originally posted by BlushingBride:
Dear people of Mansfield, TX,

Please learn the meaning of the phrase "Yield to Ramp."

Doesn't it mean "I don't have to stop"?

Since I wrote that letter, three people have discovered that it means "Holy NFBSK! That Lady's gonna run me over!"

Blushing "Road Warrior" Bride

--------------------
"In perfume, as in underwear, the scantiest of applications provides the greatest of returns." -Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 858 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aud
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aud   E-mail Aud   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear crazy gluge sending cow-worker. Okay, so you actually sent out something that happens to be true. How sad is that any non work related email from you is suspect and immediatly sends me to the Urban Legend Reference Page. Don't you get it?

I'm still willing though. I've called you twice on these things and someone else her has call you once. Just try to verify. Please!

Love and kisses,
Aud

Posts: 1168 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnStorm:
Dear box elder bugs
PLEASE go away and don't ever come back!! I know you're as harmless as it gets for an insect: you don't bite, sting, or transmit disease. However, your numbers are simply overwhelming! You're everywhere in my yard! Would you all just leave???
Signed, frustrated homeowner, who BTW has no box elder trees anywhere in her yard!! [Confused]

Dear Dawnstorm,

As far as I know, I have no box elder trees anywhere even close to my home, but I had windows full of those critters a couple of months ago. They were between the screens and the closed windows. I don't know how they got there, but it took about two weeks of me shaking them outside and them returning before they finally left (for good?). I agree that for a harmless bug they sure are pesky. Good Luck!

NeeCD

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Husband,

You have got to be kidding me.

We've been talking for a while now about possibly adopting in a couple of years. And now you tell me that you are only willing to adopt if we get a white baby because your mother is racist and wouldn't love a dark-skinned child the same. You know what? Your mom's issues are her own. If she can't love an Asian or African or whatever grandchild, then fine, she won't have to have us for Christmas. I don't think it's right to narrow down our search to "white kids only" when we ourselves don't need that limitation, just because your mother doesn't like people with dark skin. And are you serious? She wouldn't let you watch The Cosby Show because "black people don't have the same values as we do"? Your mom is nuts, honey, and we really shouldn't be making life-altering decisions based on her insanity.

That being said, I can understand how bringing a child into a family where his grandma won't like him because of how he looks is not a good thing. I just feel like we're just as bad as her if we pander to her racism. Right now I can't think of a solution that won't leave me feeling very, very bad. I hope we'll find something that works for us - and I know we've got plenty of time to work things out before we're ready to really start the process.

I love you even though your mom is crazy,
Your wife

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Grandma,
I know I shouldn't speak poorly of my elders, but you're a bitch. Mom told me that you told her that since you're the only grandmother Brother and I have left, that we should treat you better? You made a HUGE deal that YOUR birthday wasn't brought attention to (yes, I know, it's the same as Grandpa's), but it was his 80th, and your 76th. You were apparently such a bitch at dinner the other night, Mom walked out of the restaurant. You berated Mom while you two were shopping at Wegmans, then you berated my brother at the same dinner table where my mom walked out.
What I have previously chalked up to senility obviously isn't. It's just plain NASTY. You're alienating your daughter and your only granddaughter. I don't really want to talk to you anymore.

No love for you,
Your (wishing to be ex) granddaughter

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Co-Worker,

Just because you don't know or understand why something does what it does, does not make it stupid.

Stop whistling.

Freaking learn how to use the computer.

Thanks.

--NewZer0

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Boyfriend,

It's been 5 months, and you still go "I don't know" when I ask you how you feel about me, then insist that you *do* love me and care about me, then still say that you "don't know" what it is you feel for me reguarding wanting to be with me. When I press the issue further, you ask me what part of "I don't know" I don't understand. I'm just confused. How can you not know, for five months? Do you want to be with me or not?

Five months ago, you did tell me the problems you had with me. That I never trust you. That I'm always trying to trick you into admitting things that I think you're hiding. That I blow everything out of proportion. That I let my past experiances cloud my judgement of your character. That I've flown off the handel and broken up with you 4 times. I'm sorry, I've really been working on it, but you're not helping me here [Razz] .

I had asked you if you were afraid of commitment, and you said "probably". Long-term relationships only seem scarey. Trust me, if you meet someone better, you'll be with that person. If that's not what you're worried about, then you're worried about nothing. It doesn't change who you are or who I expect you to be.

I really do love you, and if you'd stop being an ass, I'd even marry you. I'll stop not trusting you if you stop acting like I'm going to desert you. I hate your f-ing "you can't hurt me if I don't care about about you" additude. It's not working. I know that you do care about me, from all the little things you don't think I see. Like when I fell asleep at your house for 3 hours, before you left the room, when you thought I was asleep, you leaned over me and kissed me. It's just little things like that that make me choose to stay with you. Look, neither of us has ever had someone be truely close to us and remain that way, except for eachother, and I think we scare eachother. Maybe we're too much alike, or maybe we're both just dumbasses (actually, that's highly likely). Either way, I love you, and I want to be with you, no matter what has happened in the past.

-The Girlfriend

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeowulfGirl
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeowulfGirl   E-mail BeowulfGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Mickey is a waffle queen,

I just read your blog and it's wonderful! (I'm trying to make a habit of visiting the blogs of everyone here, in the hopes that they'll read mine!)

--------------------
Please visit my blog and leave a comment! It's all pretty and pink and quite funny. Go here: http://beowulfgirl.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1790 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Beowulfgirl,
I love your blog. First the horseman, Furries and now Roger. You do lead an interesting life...
guru

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by BeowulfGirl:
Dear Mickey is a waffle queen,

I just read your blog and it's wonderful! (I'm trying to make a habit of visiting the blogs of everyone here, in the hopes that they'll read mine!)

Dear BeowulfGirl:
Why, thank you!

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Husband,

We have been planning for 6 months to go south for July 4th, as we have done the last two years. You even specifically took a day off work so we could do so. Yesterday, you spring on me that you have other plans and you've invited people over on Sunday? And that since I hadn't mentioned this in the last couple of weeks, you thought we weren't going? WTF? I didn't think I needed to remind you or confirm something we had discussed several times before. And, you don't know why I'm upset? I am so angry and so hurt right now that I don't even want to talk to you.

Lydia "trying to decide whether to drive alone" Oh Lydia

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear new employers,
YAY! Thank you. I will do well and won't even gripe about the long commute.
Your new employee

Dear rep at my previous place of employment,
Okay, I'm not bitter about your screwing around and disobaying company policy got me fired. I now have a well paying job that will allow me to still spend time with friends and family.
Still no love,
The skinny white chick that you complained about

Dear Aquarium,
Please don't be crowded, particularly with badly-behaved children on Tuesday, It's going to be a long drive, and I want to be able to enjoy myself on my birthday, since I have not visited you in almost four years.
Loves,
The still kid at heart

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Boss --

You suck.

I've worked for this company for 11 years. I've been a good and productive employee. I've done a lot of good work. I've built strong, positive, professional working relationships with employees across the country and at almost every level of the company. And now that I'm leaving, you can't be bothered to write (or even have your assistant write) the traditional "Lainie is leaving, we thank her for her years of service and wish her good luck" email. Perhaps you're too busy savoring the satisfaction of having eliminated my salary from your budget without having to pay me severance.

Your behavior does nothing to diminish my pride in my achievements, or my colleagues' respect for me. It reflects on you, and you alone.

Not that you care. Because you suck.

Your soon-to-be-ex employee,

Lainie

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear M:

I am not suprised at all that you didn't remember the receipt from Saturday that you wanted to get reimbursed for. I know you want A looking at it critically and I think somewhere in your brain you think that I will be easier to get things past on my own. I have news for you, I know how you work and I haven't trusted you for years so it isn't happening. I've heard the reports from the BBQ and it doesn't sound like there was much food there at all so I'm wondering exactly what you ended up spending $100 on. It's particularly interesting when you consider that A got a ton of food for the thing tonight for $80.

It's sad, but I'm looking forward to seeing the receipt and seeing you fidget while I go over it carefully.

The lady with the checkbook

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jmcomeau
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcomeau     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear MIL,

this is in response to your desire for an apology from me. I am sorry, you will not be getting one until I get one.

I feel you owe me an apology for treating my like NFBSK since your son and I announced our intentions to move. You owe me one for not speaking more than two words at a time to me since said move.

You owe both of us an apology for putting your own unhealthy obsession with your son before what's best for us. Lastly, you owe us an apology for expecting an apology.

We are not children, nor are we pets. We do not have to do what you say, and we are perfectly capable of making our own decisions. Money may be tight right now, but it is actually less tight than it was before the move.

I also have health insurance, something we could not have obtained if we had stayed. I am sorry that you feel threatened by our improvement of our situation.

You make me feel not sorry at all about it.

Not as much love as before,
your DIL

--------------------
Is it always this cold? Hell is so much warmer.

Posts: 166 | From: Fort Collins, CO | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Monkey,
I have a similar situation to yours. Before Mr S and I even married we talked about our desire to adopt kids some day. Now that we have two biological children and I'm POSITIVE my womb is closed for business, Mr S is unsure about adoption on the grounds that his mom wouldn't accept the kids the same way.

Sadly, I know he's right. Little comments she has made abut other adoptive families have given me doubts too. I hate to let one miserable person have so much power over our lives. But it is a very real concern- how fair is it to bring a child into a home knowing they will have to deal with a grandma like that? But how sad is it that a kid who really needs a home may not be in ours because my MIL is ignorant? Which is worse- a life in foster care or a crapy grandma?

It's all so very hypothetical. We aren't in a position to add to our family for at least another 3 years. So for now I just try not to think about it too much. No use borrowing trouble, right? Still, it's annoying.

-Starla

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Starla,
The odd thing about my MIL is that all five of her children were adopted. You'd think she would get that adopted kids are as "good" as biological kids. They don't have to look like mom and dad to be good kids.

And honestly, I think she'll be upset with me if we adopt at all, even if we get a blond, blue-eyed child. I would be reinforcing her idea that I'm a very bad person who cares about more than just shooting out babies. She asked me last month when we're having another baby, and I told her we're not having any more. I also mentioned that I'm hoping to get my tubes tied soon. I may as well have spit on Jesus, she was so upset with me. What kind of woman am I if I won't give up my life and make lots of babies?

But, like you, it's going to be another couple of years before we're in a position to get moving on the adoption thing. For now we've agreed we want to do it, but we've got lots of things to sort out before we'll be ready to go for it. I'm not planning on even bringing it up with her for quite some time.

My thing is: I want to adopt a child that needs us. If we don't adopt that blond blue-eyed baby, someone else certainly will. We're not depriving him of a good family, we're just letting another good family have him. I feel like we're doing more good if we take a child from another country who may not have as good a life without us. I also would kind of like an older child - a toddler instead of a newborn - for the same reasons. Not as many people are willing to take a child once they're past the infant stage - those are the kids that need us more. I think my MIL would go nuts if we didn't get an infant because she is absolutely insane about babies and we'd be robbing her of the joy of holding a newborn. And if we adopted a child from another country we'd be robbing her of the joy of pretending it's a biological grandchild. And, you know, we'd be exposing Andrew to a dirty child who would corrupt his morals and such.

I really want to just forget about what MIL wants and make a decision that works for OUR family, but I do recognize that it's unfair to bring a kid into a family where grandma doesn't like him. But like you said - even that is surely better than foster care or worse, right?

I've got to stop thinking about this for a while and give my mind a break!

-monkey

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeowulfGirl
Happy Holly Days

Icon 302 posted      Profile for BeowulfGirl   E-mail BeowulfGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Starla,

quote:
I'm POSITIVE my womb is closed for business
I'm so getting that on a t-shirt.

--BeowulfGirl

Dear Frog_Feathers:

How is Shawn's trip going?

--BeowulfGirl

Dear Weird Guy Who Sits In The Back of SciFi Class Picking His Nose:

Did anyone ever tell you you look like Napoleon Dynamite?

--Professor BeowulfGirl

...and the worst one of all...

Dear Girl Sitting On Your Boyfriend's Lap On The Train:

At first, I thought you were kissing, which wouldn't have bothered me. But after witnessing this activity for 50 miles or so, I realized, with horror, that what you were actually doing was popping the pimples on his face. [Eek!] On the train. With tons of people around.

--A Nauseated BeowulfGirl

--------------------

Manic Soprano
Deck the Malls

Icon 304 posted      Profile for Manic Soprano   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Not-so-dear cousin,

Terms that could be used to describe your behavior are "rude", "immature", and "ungrateful".

My parents are throwing you a graduation party. This is by no means, a surprise. So when they need to spend the night at your house and your mother says you have to give up your bed, then give up your bed. When my mother thanks you for giving up your bed, the proper response is not "Well, next time I'm over, I expect you to give up your bed."

When your mother asks you to do the dishes, that entails loading ALL the dishes into the dishwasher and doing the pots and pans. Your mother is working full time and is trying to sell the house. You had the weekend off. Help your mother.

Also, your mother's fiancee. He is quite possibly the best thing to happen to your mom in a while. He's got a wonderful sense of humour and he's really a nice man all around. He has the patience of Job putting up with your blatant disrespect and lack of common courtesy. Just...stop it!

I could go on at length. Don't get me started on how you're bragging that you're the "First grandchild to get a degree", because that's just...stupid really. But I'll leave it at this, you are a university graduate. You will be turning 22 this year. Start assuming traits of both of these factors and just watch how much more respect you'll get in this family.

Cousin Manic Soprano.

I'm actually quite glad that you are having me work Sunday. Less time to spend with annoying cousin at her grad party.

Also, thanks for giving me a few days off this week. I didn't think I needed them, but they actually were a nice break. I know you'll be needing me later this summer, but since you're an awesome boss, I don't mind.

Sincerely,
Manic Soprano

You're nuts.

Sincerely,
Manic Soprano

--------------------
Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!

Posts: 234 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Manic Soprano
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manic Soprano   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Board People at Work,

Get it together. Don't work behind each other's backs. Get approval from the board before writing letters to the government.

And instead of voting to close the museum on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, get off your bums and come in and help. If each of you came in for a few hours a week, we'd be fine.

Sincerely,

Manic Soprano

WTF? Minimum wage is raised, but you don't put more money in the program. So now instead of money for 4 students, we get money for 2 students. That's unacceptable.

And you've also hit other museums in town and they've been cut back too.

This is stupid. Jobs are hard enough to come by in this town. Thank you for contributing to unemployment by taking away jobs.

Sincerely,

Manic Soprano.

--------------------
Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!

Posts: 234 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Starla,

All grandmas are a bit crepy. They can't help it.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Weather Gods,

You suck. It's 99 degrees outside, according to Yahoo! Weather.

Note the time is 1:17 in the afternoon.

It was 95 at 11:30AM.

No more! I'm tired of hot. Can't afford the air conditioning bill.

Plus, I gotta do laundry and pack today.

Knock it off. I want to get SOME sleep.

Sincerely,
Ms. K

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Boss,

What is up. In the last week you have
1. Within my hearing said that "the Center would not have been a success without TGirl".
2. Given me a larger than expected raise.
3. Thanked me for all my hard work.
4. Told me that I am wonderful.

Who are you and what have you done with the real El Jefe? Can you stay and we not have him back.

Gobsmacked,
TG

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear TGirl

Well, if it is a case of alien possession, it's a damn good one!

Congrats on the cool stuff [Smile]
H

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear TGirl:

Congratulations! Before the real El Jefe returns, do you supposed you can get this one to lay down the law for the second summer student?

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages