snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Spc. McF. you total Blue Falcon!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spc. McF. you total Blue Falcon!
Spc. Sharki
Deck the Malls

Icon 208 posted      Profile for Spc. Sharki   E-mail Spc. Sharki   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
First some background, I am a photo journalist for the US Army currently stationed in Germany. For the past ten days, including the Memorial Day weekend, I have been covering a training exercise at Hohenfels, Germany (city motto: Eventually you stop noticing the rain). The exercise doesn’t end till Tuesday, but I was to get replaced on Thursday and head back home. Yesterday my NCOIC comes up to me and says “Andrew, you’ve been working really hard since you’ve got here, when you get back take Friday off, and don’t bother covering that event on Saturday.” All right, a three day weekend, and one I can really use because I have a lot of work to get done when I get back. I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up. Later that evening my NCOIC finds me and tells me that my replacement, the now pregnant for a second time in less than one year Spc. McF., can’t make it. [Mad]
So not only do I have to stay in this rain soaked hell hole for five more days, but I miss another weekend and I have to cancel dinner with a friend who was going to introduce me to a movie producer! [Mad]
Spc McF. you had better be attending a funeral or clinging to life in a hospital bed to justify screwing me over like this. I hope your labor lasts as long as every extra you are making me stay here! You are a whiner and a total Blue Falcon! [Mad]

Before you post please note that this rant is directed at Spc. McF. not my missing the Memorial Day holiday. My brothers in combat didn't that weekend off so I don't care about missing it.

--------------------
Let your TV bleed- Tom Petty

Posts: 329 | From: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Felessan
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felessan   E-mail Felessan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Blue Falcon?

Sharki, please explain just what it means and the derivation thereof.

--------------------
You fool! That's not a warrior, that's a banana!
- a surreal moment in a role-playing game

Posts: 2480 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From Urban Dictionary: Blue Falcon.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spc. Sharki
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spc. Sharki   E-mail Spc. Sharki   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Blue Falcon" is an old Army term for a Soldier who causes problems for another Soldier, it's a stand in for "Buddy F--ker".

--------------------

Posts: 329 | From: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gavida
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavida   E-mail Gavida   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry to hear about your plans being srewed over.
And I totally agree, the weather in Germany sucks big time.

At least you still can enjoy the german beer [Wink]

Gavida

--------------------
"He looked bigger when I couldn't see him" - Jayne Cobb

Posts: 359 | From: Essen, NRW, Germany | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spc. Sharki
Deck the Malls

Icon 501 posted      Profile for Spc. Sharki   E-mail Spc. Sharki   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Update!
Before I was merely angry, now I am absolutely livid! The reason Spc. McF decided not to relieve me is because she had an ultrasound scheduled today.
An ultrasound! [Mad]
An ultrasound! [Mad]
That couldn’t be rescheduled! That couldn’t wait five days! You leave me here in the freezing rain just so you can get a blurry photo of your baby! She's just lucky I was never exposed to gamma rays!
 -
Hulk smash Blue Flacon who use pregnancy as excuse to get out of work!!!!!!!!

--------------------

ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. I mean, I was way psyched about all my ultrasounds, but I don't think it would have ever been a problem to just reschedule. Geez. In fact, I'd say that I would have wanted to reschedule because then the baby'd have more time to develop just a little further. (which translates into more fun stuff to watch on the ultrasound *grin*)

I'm really sorry you got screwed like that. Pretty unfair. I'd never dick someone over like that. I don't get people who do.

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 302 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ali_marea:
I'd never dick someone over like that. I don't get people who do.

Neither do I. Love the town motto by the way. [lol]

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mnotr2
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnotr2   E-mail mnotr2   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Save some of your rage for the NCOIC that let her get away with it. YMMV

--------------------
Infinite goodness is creating a being you know, in advance, is going to complain.
Captain Billy Cutshaw

Posts: 582 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spc. Sharki
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spc. Sharki   E-mail Spc. Sharki   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mnotr2:
Save some of your rage for the NCOIC that let her get away with it. YMMV

Good point, but it was actually our Major's call, my NCOIC would not let anyone get away this if possible. She made a fellow soldier with a screwed up ankle come out here, when he should really be resting.
Spc. McF's gets cut a lot of slack around our office for reasons I won't broadcast. She knew she was supposed to replace me and she knew what day she had to leave. She just didn't want to work two weekends in a row after having to go to France to cover a Memorial Day event. Excuse me while I cry a river.
what's YMMV?

--------------------

Salamander
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salamander   E-mail Salamander   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary...

In my time as a Student Support Officer for a University I noticed a marked difference in how some women approach pregnancy & work/study/life.

Before I continue, I realise that no two pregnancies are the same... some can be comparitively easy and others troublesome from the beginning.

There was one pregnant student who was pretty much due to give birth right in the middle of her exams... yet she didn't ask for a single exception or delayed exam (as it turns out, the baby kindly decided to stay inside until after the exams had finished).

Another mother-to-be was only 3 months pregnant and was asking for all sorts of delayed exams & special exceptions... mind you from what I could gather from her records she was a bit of a slacker and the pregnancy was the latest in a long, long line of reasons why she couldn't sit her exams at the same time as everyone else.

It wasn't even that she was claiming to have problems with morning sickness or anything else... it was largely a "OMG... I'm pregnant! I can't sit an exam, I'm pregnant! This means you have to meet all my academic demands and you can't tell me 'no' because I'M PREGNANT!".

--------------------
"victory thru self-deception"

Posts: 2211 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Miles Invictus
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Invictus   E-mail Miles Invictus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
YMMV = Your mileage may vary. ETA: I see I've been beaten to the punch.

quote:
Originally posted by Spc. Sharki:
Spc. McF's gets cut a lot of slack around our office for reasons I won't broadcast.

In other words, she's either a huge sycophant, has a high-ranking relative, or is sleeping with someone in the chain of command. Right?
Posts: 236 | From: Iowa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gavida
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavida   E-mail Gavida   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miles Invictus:
sycophant

Ok, this is OT, but I had to say the following:

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for teaching me this word, I was thinking about how to describe my working colleauge and didn't find the proper english words. [Big Grin]

Gavida

--------------------
"He looked bigger when I couldn't see him" - Jayne Cobb

Posts: 359 | From: Essen, NRW, Germany | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spc. Sharki
Deck the Malls

quote:
YMMV = Your mileage may vary. ETA: I see I've been beaten to the punch.

quote:
Spc. McF's gets cut a lot of slack around our office for reasons I won't broadcast.

In other words, she's either a huge sycophant, has a high-ranking relative, or is sleeping with someone in the chain of command. Right?
Actually, she gets away with this crap because she is a single mother and has had some issues related to child care. I used to not agree with single people who complained about how parents are sometimes treated better and given special privilages, but after this episode I am starting to see their point. She is isn't even two months pregnant and her first child is back home in the states with her parents, there is no reason she can not be out here other than she doesn't want to be.
I don't even want to talk about this anymore, this is giving me an upset stomach.

--------------------

Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To hijack a wee bit-when I first saw the thread title, I though about This Blue Falcon.

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Miles Invictus
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Invictus   E-mail Miles Invictus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gavida:
quote:
sycophant

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for teaching me this word, I was thinking about how to describe my working colleauge and didn't find the proper english words. [Big Grin]
I feel like Steve Martin did, when he found his name in the phone book. [Smile]

quote:
Actually, she gets away with this crap because she is a single mother and has had some issues related to child care.

Ah...I hadn't thought of that. It makes sense that they'd give her some slack, but...yeah. Getting a Major involved over a scheduled assignment and an ultrasound is taking undue advantage.
Posts: 236 | From: Iowa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
shivaskeeper
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shivaskeeper   E-mail shivaskeeper   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It could be worse. You could be in Graf instead. Also I don't understand what the problem is if she's a single mom with child care issues. If her family care plan isn't working it's time to chapter her. Chapter 5-8, AR 635-200.

My company was starting to have a problem with pregnancy to avoid deployment. 7 of 9 females in the company got pregnant within 30 days of our official deployment notification. All 7 were single and wanted to stay in until they gave birth and then take the chapter to get out. Unfortunatly that would keep them on our books while we were gone and no replacements come in for them. They all ended up with the 5-8. It's a discharge at the convienece of the Army. In other words SPC McF need not file for it nor agree to accept the chapter and it'll still happen.

Posts: 7 | From: Yelm, WA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages