snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » No, Professor, the vagina isn't a container for the penis (and other complaints) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: No, Professor, the vagina isn't a container for the penis (and other complaints)
Dawnshadow
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawnshadow   E-mail Dawnshadow   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So this quarter I enrolled in a human sexuality class at my college. Unfortunately, the professor is the worst professor I've ever had. She didn't seem that bad at first-- a bit flightly and shy, which, given the subject, is a Bad Thing, but then we got the first test.

Sample questions: True/False:

quote:
"The vagina is the birth canal as well as the place where the penis is contained."
With the mental image of retractable penises dancing in my head, I answered 'false.' According to the professor, the answer was true. Never mind that a "container" implies where something is STORED, not to mention my openly lesbian classmate's protests....

quote:
"According to Freud, everything is sexual."
"True," but, in the video we watched on him, one of the quotes was that "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Hence, not EVERYTHING is sexual, hence, this question is technically false.....

Multiple Choice:

quote:
"Of the following cultures, which one has the most difficulty with womens' sexuality?"

a. Africa
b. The Middle East
c. India
d. All of the Above

...Since when did an entire CONTINENT have a single culture? They're not even all countries or reigons; there's a continent, a reigon, and a country....

(The "correct" answer was D.)

Worst part? The professor didn't even justify her "answers," just said "it was curved." I would've got a better grade with clear questions than I got post-curve, because I somehow managed to guess wrong on every badly-worded question on there. So, after talking to a classmate (an open lesbian who I'd estimate to be in her forties; this is important later on) I decided to go to the ombudsman and bring up the test. Unfortunately, I didn't have the test on me at the time, but fortunately, I have him for another class this quarter and he knows I'm smrt. He said to talk to her, but her office hours are during another class of mine and I had the feeling that it wouldn't do any *good,* so I decided to just let it go and give her a bad evaluation at the end of the quarter.

Two weeks later-- earlier today-- after class, I was packing up my laptop that I take notes on when my professor the ombudsman walked up to me, said 'hi,' and explained that he'd been there the whole time observing. (I was almost late, so I'd not noticed his presence.) After class, I ended up talking with the lesbian woman for a bit and found out *why* he was there. Appearantly, I hadn't been the only one complaining about the class, and now the "vagina contains the penis" thing is the laughingstock of campus. (Not only that, but rumor has it that the professor hasn't even read the $100 textbook [which, fortunately, is very well-written and is more informative than the lectures; I plan on reading what the class doesn't cover this summer] and is doing this off the top of her head, which is why so much of it is either stupidly obvious or just plain wrong.) The professor appearantly thought it was the lesbian woman who had complained to the higher-ups (she hadn't, actually; she's only on campus two days a week, making scheduling appointments a bit difficult, and was going to let it slide) and sent a message through the school that she had been "threatening" in class. She does contradict the professor when the professor is wrong, but she's a great woman and a wonderful person to have in class. However, said lesbian has about 50 protections against various discrimination, including age and orientation, and she's an adult honors student who already has a couple degrees and is only in class for personal enrichment, AND her partner is a lawyer.

I think this is going to be the professor's last class here. And if not, I'm telling everyone I know to stay far away from her classes. I just feel sad because the class would've been AWESOME with a good professor. ;;

Posts: 131 | From: Newark, OH | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Towknie   E-mail Towknie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I saw the "vagina is a container for the penis", I just couldn't help but think to myself, "so, if the penis isn't in its proper container, will it shrivel up and go bad?"

Dawnshadow, we've all had some pretty awful professors in our day. I'm glad you were able to successfully do something about yours.

Tow "but where's the container's lid?" knie

--------------------
Towknie: Ryda-certified as wonderful, enlighted, and rational.

Posts: 1011 | From: Frisco, TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Peccavimus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peccavimus   E-mail Peccavimus       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you sure she's a professor? She might be an instructor. There's a rather complicated structure of rank involved in post-sec teaching that a lot of students aren't aware of. It's possible she's part time and being paid peanuts, which isn't an excuse, but might be an explanation.

In any event, if I were her, I'd switch to using the textbook's testbank. She clearly doesn't have much of a knack for writing a clear exam question.

Posts: 113 | From: DeKalb, IL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawnshadow:

quote:
"Of the following cultures, which one has the most difficulty with womens' sexuality?"

a. Africa
b. The Middle East
c. India
d. All of the Above

That is one of the most stupid questions I've ever seen.

OPTION 'd', how can ALL of the above have the MOST difficulty with womans' sexuality?

And, like you say, I can't imagine all Africans or Indians or people from the Middle East have the same attitude towards womans' sexuality. I'm not sure of the figures but that has to be about 1/4 of the world's population!

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MizzyLou
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizzyLou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to wonder how she wound up teaching that class. For example, English is my subject matter, and even at the beginning of my career, I could teach correctly "off the top of my head" in an English class. However, I also have a history endorsement, due to some classes I took in college just out of pure interest; I never took any methods courses, just survey courses. Last year, because of a last-minute shake up in staff, my principal begged me to teach history. I didn't want to, and even told him I'd probably be bad at it, but I was the only one, so I became a history teacher. I totally sucked at it. It wasn't my thing, it was way outside my comfort zone, and no matter how hard I tried, I still sucked.

Is this prof new? Is this her academic area? Does she have a general habit of incompetence, or is it only in this class? I've met profs who are amazing academics, but terrible teachers.

It's so disappointing when a class should be awesome, and then just isn't. I once had a class called "Education of the Culturally Different." Stupid name, but the idea was to examine educational methods and learning styles of people from a variety of cultures, mostly Native American because of where we are geographically. The teacher was a white woman who was married to a Native American man and had two sons. She was a liason between the two cultures and had participated on a number of boards and committees to try to help solve some of the terrible racial tensions that we have. Sounded great to me, but then she spent the whole semester blabbing about how her kids got picked on by Native kids in res schools and by white kids in "town" schools and how her husband's family hated her because she was white and how her dad had never seen his grandsons because he disapproved of her marriage, blah blah blah. It was all one big pointless soapboxy rant about her life. I really learned nothing about educating the [snark] culturally different. [/snark]

Posts: 264 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Towknie:
When I saw the "vagina is a container for the penis", I just couldn't help but think to myself, "so, if the penis isn't in its proper container, will it shrivel up and go bad?"

Some guys seem to think so! [lol]

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen some darn bad questions, but those about take the cake. [Eek!]

Container, eh? I know I left my plastic wrap somewhere... [Wink]

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
waffles

--------------------
I'm so broke; I can't even pay attention

Posts: 140 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo

Icon 203 posted      Profile for Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawnshadow's obnoxious prof:
quote:
"The vagina is the birth canal as well as the place where the penis is contained."

As a grammar/ word nerd, I feel it is my duty to point out that, at least from a linguistics point of veiw, your prof is kinda/ sorta right.

I was reading an excerpt from the book cunt: a declaration of independence by Betty Dodson, and in it, she writes that the word 'cunt' is originally a word meaning 'woman' while 'vagina' is derived from a word meaning 'sheath' that is, a receptacle for a sword/ penis.

not that i'm defending your prof, definitly not, but I just wanted to expose my inner nerdiness. that is, I don't agree with the sentiment, just that I love entomologis

also- i'll try to find the excerpt as well.

--------------------
I'm so broke; I can't even pay attention

Posts: 140 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And here I was thinking - they're calling tighty-whiteys vaginas now?

Wait. That doesn't sound right... [fish]

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Molasses Cellany
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molasses Cellany   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Please refrigerate penis after opening? [fish]

--------------------
Not Mandatory

Posts: 398 | From: Yuma, AZ | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dawnshadow, btw, how did your grades turn out in this class?

Not that it really has anything to do with anything, I'm just curious. I mean, from the OP, it seems as if some higher-ups are taking the students' complaints seriously. I never had anything like this happen to me in college so I wondered if it affected your grade or not?

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dawnshadow

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawnshadow   E-mail Dawnshadow   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissE:
Dawnshadow, btw, how did your grades turn out in this class?

Not that it really has anything to do with anything, I'm just curious. I mean, from the OP, it seems as if some higher-ups are taking the students' complaints seriously. I never had anything like this happen to me in college so I wondered if it affected your grade or not?

The class is based on attendance, 2 exams and a paper. I got a 92 on the first exam post-curve, even though I missed at least a third of the multiple-choice questions through bad wording; I must not've been the only one confused. (The short essay section was much easier.) The second test and apaer haven't been turned in yet, but since my other major is english I'm not too worried about the paper.

So they're not as bad as they would be without a curve, but they'd be better with clearer questions....

Posts: 131 | From: Newark, OH | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ange84

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ange84   E-mail ange84   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish higher ups at my old campus would listen, we complained about a lecturer last year, she ran the class as an intensive for a week, no problem there, until we got there and she annouced that each afternoon we were to just carry on with the activities as she would need to go early to sort stuff out because she left the country the day after the intensive finished. We never got feedback on these activities, were left with no on campus support for the semester and then when the exam came out, she changed everything that it was said we would need to know. this was the third year in a row she had been complained about and they still didn't do anything. She had 3 separate catergoroes of complaints about her last year from my campus alone.
ETA- i just remembered the lecturer who ran his subject as an external subject, no student was to use any other research other than the readings he had chosen for the book of readings, then when it came to the exams you had 24 hours to complete them and email them back, and you literally needed to work for the whole 24 hours solid to complete them, one question was a fill in the blank, and it had to be the exact word from the readings, meaning you had to re read the whole 300 plus pages to find that one word.

--------------------
Love is a sudden revelation: a kiss is always a discovery

Posts: 902 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The human sexuality class at the college I attended (a Jesuit university) was taught by a nun.

I didn't take it because they didn't offer a lab section.

--------------------
"Chuck E. Cheese called. They want their band back."

my blog
Help me clean my basement!

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The human sexuality class at the college I attended (a Jesuit university) was taught by a nun.
I'm not sure I've ever laughed this hard before. [lol]

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Joe Joey Junior Shabadoo:
not that i'm defending your prof, definitly not, but I just wanted to expose my inner nerdiness. that is, I don't agree with the sentiment, just that I love entomologis

I think you mean that you like "etymology." Entomology is the study of insects.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How long has this person been teaching?

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dawnshadow

quote:
Originally posted by MizzyLou:
Is this prof new? Is this her academic area? Does she have a general habit of incompetence, or is it only in this class? I've met profs who are amazing academics, but terrible teachers.
[/QB]

This is the end of her first year at my campus and she's young enough to be in her first year or three of teaching; yes, she was hired to teach the clinical psychology courses and this class is technically in that area for some reason; I don't know for sure, but I've been mostly concentrating on finishing my gen ed classes this year so I'm not in touch with the latest psychology gossip and I'd not thought to see if she has anything published. (That would be a good idea, though....)
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep trying to contain it, but it keeps escaping. I must need different bait.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Would you really take a sexuality class with a lab section that was taught by a nun?

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Would you really take a sexuality class with a lab section that was taught by a nun?
Well, perhaps she was a Sperm Reciver Superior?

http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/53/t/003594/p/1.html

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
I keep trying to contain it, but it keeps escaping. I must need different bait.

Mine seems to be malfunctioning. How do I get one in there in the first place?

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Do not use penis if past safety seal is not intact"
[fish]

That has got to be some of the worst worded test questions I've ever seen! Never thought of my vagina as rubbermaid before [Smile]

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There are several things seriously wrong with that test. (edited because I didn't read the whole OP... I have to read more carefully)
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrs.hi-c cream:
[fish]

That has got to be some of the worst worded test questions I've ever seen! Never thought of my vagina as rubbermaid before [Smile]

Saved from a YOMANK by my empty mouth. And my keyboard sighs with relief.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
animal73
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for animal73   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe she heard "The box a penis comes in" joke and decided it was fact?

--------------------
Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative the same night.

Canton Maddogs Rugby

Posts: 440 | From: Canton, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 202 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What was this prof's name, Mackey?

Dawn--now the man puts his penis in the---; the man puts his penis in the---; the man puts his penis in the---; hmmmm, now where the hell did I put the damn thing?--Storm

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[lol] DawnStorm

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does the vagina contain the penis like firefighters contain the fire?

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 215 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Please, lets not turn this into glurge, dispite it's having some of the elements that go into glurge.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Radical Dory
God Rest Ye Merry Retail Clerks

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radical Dory   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrs.hi-c cream:
[fish]

Put your own joke about "burping the lid" here.

--------------------
"But about the reindeer...what kind of a nose shines? How did he get it? Maybe it's not a reindeer after all. It could be something else."

Posts: 2216 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnStorm:
Please, lets not turn this into glurge, dispite it's having some of the elements that go into glurge.

OK, NOW you just made that into a challenge! (insert evil laugh)

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen poorly-worded questions before, but this is probably the worst example.

A container for the penis? Wouldn't that be called "underpants?" If I was storing one in my vagina, I would have a lot of trouble walking.

"Contained" is a poorly-chosen word. "The place where the penis is inserted during intercourse" (perhaps they should specify "heterosexual" intercourse) would be a better choice.

The Freud question is inaccurate. Freud attributed some human behavior to aggression, not sex. Also, it is not known for certain if he actually said the cigar quote.

And you're right about the culture one. "Africa," "the Middle East" and even "India" are all made up of many different cultural groups.

My own story about poorly-worded questions:
I took American history in my junior year of high school. The question (a short-essay question) was something to the effect of "What was Franklin D. Roosevelt's greatest political achievement?" I wrote about the various social programs FDR implemented to combat poverty during the Depression era. I got the question wrong. The "correct" answer was turning black voters to the Democratic party. My teacher's reasoning was that I wrote about a social, not a political issue. Sounds like a stupid technicality of semantics. And "greatest achievement" seems to me like a matter of opinion anyway. (but this was an "I'm right and that's it" kind of teacher.)

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kjbrasda:

Only if she graded on a curve.

--------------------
"Chuck E. Cheese called. They want their band back."

my blog
Help me clean my basement!

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages