snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters You Wish You Could Send--May 2006 (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Letters You Wish You Could Send--May 2006
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Self,

Your alarm clock goes off in less than 6 hours. Go to sleep!

Love, Me

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 02 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Self,

Start being 100% honest with your doctor and councler. It doesn't do you any good to be in therapy if you're not. It's the only way you're going to get better. They don't judge you; they're here to help you. So let them.

Your brain

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Lady Lockout--
I sure have read Dick Francis! I hear he has a new book out, but I haven't seen it on the library shelves yet.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Para
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Way to go, Syllavus! Your sketch really came out beautifully!

--------------------
"But what of the golden spider-duck and the squat crimson pig?"

Posts: 425 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 208 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Yes, it's really nice!!

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Dr. H,
Please, please, please let me use the class this summer to make up that F I made this semester. Also, please don't change the dates for quizzes. That just confuses me. You know I know the material. Also, don't make weird comments about me in class. That's not nice.

Dear Dr. M,
I am not happy with my grade. Did you not get my email? I told you my printer was out of ink so I couldn't print out the rest of my final project.

Dear people on that journalfen,
Stop talking about me. It's over. I got over it. Why can't you? That's why I deleted it.

Dear Ms. B,
See above letter to Dr. M. I was sure I had at least a solid C going into the final. Besides, finance is really hard. Could you have please made the formulas clearer? Also, most of the stuff about different base systems was not in the book.

Dear God,
Despite failing two classes, I'm glad my GPA is still above 2.0. I'm not sure how you pulled that one off, but thanks. I guess this means I really should get back into going to church.

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnStorm:
I hear he has a new book out, but I haven't seen it on the library shelves yet.

I'd be extremely surprised if this were true, since
quote:
Dick Francis himself has written no new works after Mary's death in the year 2000.
Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I also read recently that he's completed a new one, the first since her death.

ETA: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/books/265941_tf208.html

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I didn't see anything when I googled. Anybody have any hints I could use to narrow the search?

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Thordis
Deck the Malls

Icon 200 posted      Profile for Thordis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Seaboe, LadyLockout, Dawnstorm and Chloe:

Dick Francis' new book is called Under Orders , but its not out until September.

My favourite is Odds Against .

Thordis, your friendly Librarain!

--------------------
Daria: "I almost killed a dog today"
Jane: "Gonna work your way up to humans slowly?"

Posts: 385 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

You should all be able to hear my gnashing my teeth from wherever you are.

Neither of those sources tells me anything about the book outside of the title. I'm sorry, not even for Dick Francis will I blindly order a not yet published book in hardcover without so much as the name of the protagonist.

Such frustration.

Seaboe

--------------------

tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Mom,

I think its great that you are dating. I also don't think its unreasonable for Sis and I to at least know who you will be with and where. After all, you are a single woman living alone.

I really don't care if you get laid. It would be great if you did. More power to you! Thats not why we want to know who you are with and where you will be. If your date doesn't want you to be giving us that info, I really don't think you should be going out with him. Especially on the sly! What am I supposed to do if something happens? I wouldn't have a clue where to look.

I'm not going to play these games anymore. If you want to go out on dates and be like a sneaky teen about it, fine. Go ahead but don't keep getting mad just because I refuse to play "the concerned daughter" anymore.

All we have asked is that you let us know who and where. I don't think that's too much to expect.

Love,
Your Daughter

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear tribats,

If my mother wrote me a letter like you just wrote your mother, I'd tell her to stick it in her ear.

She is an adult; she can choose to tell your or not what she is doing.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
My mother is a control freak and if I don't react to the fact that she went on a date that she didn't tell me about, she gets pissed. But if I don't ask who she will be with and where they are going, she gets pissed and claims we don't care enough to watch out for her.

If I ask what she did on her date and how it went, she jumps in with "No, I didn't put out". Which wasn't even the question. If I ask if she got lucky, she jumps all over that. If I don't ask how the date went, she gets pissed.

She does the same thing to Sis.

Would you care to tell me how I am supposed to NOT make her pissed? I'm just tired of the games and no matter how many times or ways I tell her I refuse to play, she just finds another game.

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I recommend therapy.

She's an adult, you're an adult, and I presume your sister's an adult. Cut the apron strings already, and refuse to play. You don't have to, ya know?

The relationship between parents and their adult children fascinates me so much; everybody seems to be typecast and can never break out of those roles that were established when the children were growing up.

er...

I have no idea why I was channeling Dr. Phil there. So sorry!

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator <