snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters You Wish You Could Send--May 2006 (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Letters You Wish You Could Send--May 2006
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear stomach area,
I'm sorry. If I could inject the Lovenox anywhere else, I would. I don't like the brusies either, but at least I got better with the injections. Still hurts, but not as bad. At least it's only for six more days.
Jenna, she who has Smurf-belly.

Dear Coumadin,
Please don't tear my (internal) stomach up like you did last time. Or give me wild moodswings. I'm likely to have to be on you for a VERY long time now, since this is the second time in two years I've had clots in the same leg. I'm miserable enough as it is, since I got an email from the company I really was looking forward to working at for an interview, and I'm not sure if I can do a job yet.
The person who has to take you at bedtimes. Dear brain,
Not the end of the world. Things are going to be fine.
The person you reside in.

Dear Stewart,
I know it's not going to be easy with me having clots and not working. But please, don't decide that it's to much and break my heart.
Jenna

Blood clots,
Go away!! Fast. You aren't welcome in my leg. Especially you, knee-cap clot.
The person in who's leg you're in.

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Manic Soprano
Deck the Malls

Icon 81 posted      Profile for Manic Soprano   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Rain,

You. Seriously. Suck. [Mad]

I'm not done my moonlit charcoal piece, but you started pouring anyway. Please go away so I can finish it.

Sincerely,
Manic Soprano
PS, no thanks for blocking all actual moonlight. It's more like, black trees, some shadows and light from a street lamp. [Frown]

Dear Zorro,

Not your fault. Carry on. [lol]

Sincerely,
Manic Soprano

Dear Self,

Nyah! Nyah! Nyah! [Razz] That's what you get for waiting for the night before to finish a project! [dunce]

Sincerely,
Self

Dear Killer and Mimi,

I know you are cats and thus, finicky and haughty at times. But please try to be nice to the new puppy. She's very serious about this play thing and would love you to be her playmates.

Killer, I'm glad you can be in the same room and are actually curious about this new friend, all after only a couple hours.
Keep up the good work!

Mimi, I know this is a big thing for you, as you're not as easy going as Killer. Don't worry, we still love you and we'll still fuss over you.

And both of you stop fighting now. [Roll Eyes]

Sincerely,
One of those things that feeds you.

Dear model in drawing class today,

For the love of all that is academic.

Hold. Still.

I'm glad we only have to draw you once.

Sincerely,
the girl who shrugged and threw her arms in exasperation every 4 minutes.

--------------------
Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!

Posts: 234 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Loud Co-Workers:

I know the office is very empty since the layoffs. Believe me, I know. But when you wish to speak to each other, please do so from a reasonable distance. Your habit of screaming at each other across the open, empty, office floor is rude, annoying, and disheartening. Really, D, you were just standing at J's desk a minute ago: couldn't you have finished your conversation with him while there, instead of walking away from his desk and continuing to speak to him at increasing volume?

Lainie

Dear Manipulative Co-Workers:

Please do not call me and ask me Question X unless you actually want/need an answer to it. I resent being used to get information which you then twist and take out of context to advance your own agenda with a third party.

Lainie

Dear Universe/Deity/Random Chance:

Things have been really, really hard lately. Please give me a break. A small one will be fine. Really. Please.

Lainie

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Die Capacitrix
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Die Capacitrix     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear weather forecast,

Four day weekend. Rain predicted this evening. Friday, Saturday AND Sunday, rain / rain showers. Monday, sunny.

From Luzern, the Seattle of Europe.

--------------------
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces." Judith Viorst

Posts: 1082 | From: Luzern, Switzerland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CherryQueen
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherryQueen   E-mail CherryQueen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Oliver Peapie,
Lick em while you still can kiddo. Saturday morning they are G-O-N-E.

Momma

Dear Macy,
Yaaaaayyy!! I'm so excited that we get to go to the museum sleepover thing! I'm sure I'm getting incredible cool points for this. [Smile]

Your Cousin

Dear Hubby,
Yaaaaayyyyy! We have an apartment and can move out of the 7th level of hell in a couple of weeks! Now come home.

CQ

--------------------
"Hilariously, he pronounces "Sauron" as "Sore-on", which sounds like something you apply directly to facial herpes."--theagonybooth.com

Posts: 2037 | From: Reston, VA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 506 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Bruce the goofball albino Dobe:
I'm glad that you had fun at last Sunday's BBQ, but did you have to chew through your leash? Also, it's not necessary to stick like glue to my side at all times. One of my colleagues would've been more than happy to watch you while I set up the silent auction, but you were going nuts with worry. Relax--I'm not going to leave you!

Dawn--that's why Dobes are called velcro dogs--Storm

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear lady in the hospital hallway,
A little dab will do ya. Our facility is not in need of your "perfumigation." However, if we have a poisoning case come in to the ER, we'll page you. I'm sure you could induce vomiting in no time.
Bettie "Are you wearing Eau de Ipecac?" Page Turner

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettie Page Turner:
Dear lady in the hospital hallway,
A little dab will do ya.

Along the same lines:

Dear Work Kitchen users,

More is not better, it is wasteful. I am seriously considering labeling the dish soap to say Treat this like Brylcreme--a little dab'll do you.

The person who donated the dish soap.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Max_Renn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Max_Renn   Author's Homepage   E-mail Max_Renn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear spine,

Herniated disc between L4 and L5. Glorious. And that whole "not responding to Ibuprofen" thing? Icing on the cake. And as for nothing else turning up in the cervical part of the scan, that only means that my left-arm-numbness is thus far unexplained. Yeah, I'm passing on the referral to the neurologist; quite frankly I'm sick of doctors right now, and the wrangling of time off each new appointment requires. If the arm improves, it improves. It can hardly get much worse.

Max "reaching for the codeine" Renn

--------------------
Sister Ann: DRIVE! DRIVE
Crow T. Robot: Look, I'm already driving, there's no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase! If you want me to go faster, you should say so.

Posts: 579 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 202 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettie Page Turner:
However, if we have a poisoning case come in to the ER, we'll page you. I'm sure you could induce vomiting in no time.
Bettie "Are you wearing Eau de Ipecac?" Page Turner

Next time you see the patient (or whoever), ask her what the perfume is. You can then go out and buy some and keep it handy in the ER. [lol]

--------------------

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Some of this I have said, some of it I can't, but here goes....

Dear me,
Okay, another move. Brace yourself. It's gonna suck, but it's gonna be WAY worth it in the long run.
Love,
Me

Dear Kiddo,
You are a smart, beautiful, wonderful, resilient little kid. We're going to do that vacation I promised this summer before I start the new job. Seeing you jump up and down with joy last night was such a huge relief, and such a sight for sore eyes! I love you so very much, and I wouldn't be me without you!
Love,
Mama

Dear Hubby,
Here you go again! You've got this moving thing down to a fine art! Thanks for supporting me, thanks for geographically following me around, thanks for putting up with me, and thanks for loving me. I'd hate to be doing all of this without you, life is so much better with you in it.
Love,
your grateful wife

Dear Dad,
I know you don't want me to do this. But I may never get an opportunity like this again. I will still be 1 1/2 hours away while you have surgery and your treatment. After that, I'll be 5 hours away. That means we can't come down as often, but we'll stay longer when we do. Every 2 months for a full weekend will work out the same as every month for a day.

I love the work, I love the company, the benefits are phenomenal and for once, for the first time in my life, I'm not going to have the "how the hell do I pay for this????" feeling hanging over my head. I'll stay close even if I'm a little further away, I promise. I'm your baby girl, and kiddo's your grandbaby girl. A couple more hours to drive won't change that. And hey, think of my hubby's poor parents. He moved 4000 miles. It coulda been worse. [Wink]
Love,
The unexpected rugrat who used to sit on your foot and make you walk around the house with me there, and now, grown up, is amazed you were able to do it without breaking your stride.

Dear ex,
I'm bracing for the $h*tstorm, but you, of all people, have no room to talk. And this will be an advantage to you, too, in the long run, so don't get all uppity and indignant with me when we discuss this.
Dreading yet another impending conflict over nothing,
Loy

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Congratulations Loyhargil!

Max Renn, OUCH! I have a friend with a herniated disk. You have my sinceriest sympathies. Don't be like my buddy and overextend, take it easy!

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Manic Soprano:
Dear Zorro,

Not your fault. Carry on. [lol]

Sincerely,
Manic Soprano

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Dear Manic,

Well, now, had I gotten advance notice... [lol]

Love,
Zorro the goddess of weather

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Max_Renn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Max_Renn   Author's Homepage   E-mail Max_Renn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by glisp42:
Congratulations Loyhargil!

Max Renn, OUCH! I have a friend with a herniated disk. You have my sinceriest sympathies. Don't be like my buddy and overextend, take it easy!

Thanks glisp42. I'm tryin' to take it easy...the back is keeping me up at night though, so my relative inaction is somewhat involuntary lol. My dad had the same thing, same part of the back, but he was eight years older than myself when he got laid up with it. Sigh.

I appreciate the wishes, thanks again.

Max "let me reach for the AAARRRGHHH!" Renn

--------------------
Crow T. Robot: Look, I'm already driving, there's no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase! If you want me to go faster, you should say so.

Posts: 579 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Boss,

I noticed at the beginning of this month that I have accumulated enough vacation that if I don't use it soon, I cannot accumulate any more.

Last Friday, I proposed that I take Thursday and Friday of this week off-- in order to get some things done around the house and to do so at a time when I would not be taking more annual leave-- so as not to inconvenience you.

On Monday, you talked me down to just taking tomorrow off. Fair enough. I agreed.

Why then, did I get an email this afternoon, stating that as something was due tomorrow (something I had nearly finished when I got the email), that it was a bad idea for me to take tomorrow off?

The second thing that was due tomorrow was supposed to be done by X. The new employee who, although she has less education, is making $15K a year more than I am. The same X who is taking today, tomorrow and Tuesday off. And who worked half a day on Tuesday of this week because her son was graduating from Kindergarten. The same X who, it seems, takes a day or two off every week because of her kids.

You telling me that an annual exam for the Boutros can wait until a less busy time is ridiculous. Would you tell X the same about her children (I am not talking an emergency here, but a regular exam)? Would things be different if I had a child?

You know I have no one around the house to do things for me. You also know that money is tight enough that I cannot afford to hire someone to do them for me. So instead of having the original 5 days off I was going to have, I have three.

I have a friend visiting in mid July. I am going to take time off then to spend with said friend.

Also, I find it really interesting that a student was given last week off, even if it meant that I had to do redundant training of her this week and next. And that another student is getting two weeks off. How much you want to bet that my request for July is going to get poo-pooed because I need to be around to help these same students.

If my presence here is that NFBSKing important, I expect a concomittant raise in compensation. Remember, you were the one saying to Y a couple of weeks ago that people are not willing to bust their asses if the only raise they ever get is the average? Ahem. In the last 11 years I have worked for you, I got above average exactly once because I got a promotion. I am due for another one, but you say it takes too much effort to do it this year. That if I get more education and the "right" degree, that I can then be hired in a different track.

For some reason, I don't believe you. I have been busting my ass for the last 11 years. I am seeing no reason to now.

I have managed to reschedule everything, except going to see The DaVinci Code with my best friend, for tomorrow. I think I am going to end up just renting this one on DVD. So I will see you tomorrow.

However, I am starting to search for another job.

Sincerely,
TGirl

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:

Would you like this job better with a raise? If so, make it clear to your boss that you are looking.

If not, good luck.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
What is the point of having vacation as a benefit if you're not actually allowed to use it?

What a bunch of hooey!

I'd hire you, TGirl, but the pay would really be insulting!

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Seaboe Melonchucker:
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseGirl:

Would you like this job better with a raise? If so, make it clear to your boss that you are looking.

If not, good luck.

Seaboe

Yes, it would be better with a raise. You see part of the problem is my responsibilities (but not authority, a whole other rant), have increased since my last promotion.

And I am find that more and more of the work of X is falling to me when she is out. So while hiring X was supposed to make things easier for me, I am still picking up pieces.

One of the major stresses in my life is that, since my divorce, I am my only income. I have enough to make ends meet and put a little into savings, but that's about it. And quite honestly, the thought that I am going to be living this way for the rest of my life while busting my butt at work is really bothering me.

In a way, because we get great benefits, I wasn't too worried about the money. But since I am being denied the use of one of the major benefits (and if I were to quit right now, I would have to be compensated for all the vacation and sick leave hours I have accumulated-- so I am actually losing money if I cannot accumulate more), the money becomes an issue.

I guess if I am that vital that I cannot take time off when I desperately need it (I was also taking some time off for my own sanity), I am wondering why that is not reflected in my overall compensation.

Thanks, AnglRdr!

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear TGirl,

I've been in the same situation. Still now, more than 50% of the time, when I take a day off work it's a "problem" (that's always the word that's used). I was making myself crazy in not taking time off (ex. I didn't have a vacation/time off for more than a day here and there) in the first 3 years of my current job. Now, I DO take time off. If it's a "problem," I say "I'm sorry. I'll be back tomorrow. Perhaps you can get X to help you with this." And, I no longer answer the phone when I'm off work.

--Lydia "earned vacation time should be used" Oh Lydia

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitten in the rain
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Kitten in the rain     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Hormones,

Go away. I hate you all. You steal two weeks of my life away every month, and what do I have to show for it? Blood and cramps and a blinding headache afterward, that's what.

I haven't had more than four hours of sleep in almost a week, now. I feel like I'm thinking through a fog. The laundry doesn't do itself while I'm like this, and the house doesn't clean itself! The bills don't pay themselves! All of this crap keeps backing up.

Dear Boyfriend in the Rain,

While I'm at it, you know when my period is every month. You know that I break down whenever it happens. You know that I get behind on these things, things which I normally don't mind doing since I don't technically work full time (although I'll note that I'm also the one of the two of us who is trying to write a novel on top of her regular job). You WATCH ME break down! I wish it would occur to you, when you see me fret over the laundry and see me worry over the fact that I now have no more matching socks and am to the point of re-wearing the un-matching pairs even though they are dirty, that perhaps now is the time to help out a bit.

I appreciate that you're calling in sick to work tomorrow morning to get the laundry done, but that wouldn't be necessary if you'd done it last night or tonight. It would be nice if it didn't take my having a sobbing breakdown over these things hanging over my head before you clue in what's going on. It isn't like this doesn't happen every month.

Alternately, I suppose I could time my sobbing breakdowns so that they happen over a weekend. Except for the fact that you inevitably pack weekends with hanging out with friends, so you wouldn't be home to see. (Or help out.)

I just feel like if I were my own woman for three weeks out of the month instead of only two (or even all four, like you get to be) then I'd be able to keep up with all of this stuff, but as it stands, between the hormones and the ADD and the type II bipolar downswings, I can't. I can handle work. I can handle putting in 10-12 hours a week on the writing. I can handle most of the laundry and a good percentage of the housework, and keeping myself in good health, but I can't do it all.

I'm tired of nagging, I'm tired of asking, I'm tired of insisting, and it makes me feel horrible whenever it takes a breakdown to get your help because I feel like you don't hear me unless I'm in tears.

I just can't do it all.

Posts: 533 | From: Davis, CA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

TGirl, given the situation as described, get your resume ready, start sending it out--

--and tell your boss you're looking for a new job and why.

I was in a quite unhappy situation once and I did that. I told them I was looking for a new job because I wasn't happy. I also mentioned what it would take for me to stay. I then went on a long vacation that had been scheduled for months (I realize you can't do that). When I returned, they sounded me out to see if I was serious about leaving and when they discovered I was, they gave me what I wanted. I still ended up being laid off, but that was 18 months later.

Good Luck.

Seaboe

--------------------

Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I once got a raise by saying "I can't afford to keep working here." It was 5% raise, too, in a company where the top merit increase this year was 3%.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 103 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Mosquito Magnet --OK, I spoke too soon in my previous letter! I got my first mosquito bite last week. [Frown] Unfortunately I cannot afford your product. Can you give me a free sample in return for an endorsement? If your product can keep mosquitoes away from me--who is living proof that malaria is a thing of the past in the DC Metro area--then it can keep mosquitoes away from anybody!

Signed, She who does her share for world hunger--the insect world that is! [Razz]

--------------------

Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Coworkers,

Every single thing that goes on with me does not have to neccessarily do with my pregnancy.

Coworker A: It's hot in here.
Coworker B: Yes, it's really warm in here.
Me: I'm a bit warm myself.
Coworker B: Oh, well, you're pregnant. You're always hot.

No, I'm really not. This is the first day since the start of pregnancy 21 weeks ago that I have felt warm, and since it was 80 degrees and everyone else was warm, I think I probably would have been warm even if I were not pregnant.

Also, while we're at it, just because you experienced symptom x during pregnancy, does not mean I will.

Coworker A: How are you feeling?
Me: Pretty good, a little tired.
Coworker A: You were on your feet today a lot. How do your legs feel? [I shrug.] Oh, well, just you wait. When I was pregnant, I got horrible varicose veins. I cried every day, they hurt so bad. Just wait another couple of months and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for that little ray of sunshine. I really appreciate it. [flame]

Not love,
Zorro

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 302 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Now I've never been pregnant, but I figure that like many other things, YMMV. I heard my mother say once that if she'd waited around for the varicose veins, backache, etc, she'd still be pregnant. [lol]
I don't know how you can prevent the war stories though. [Frown]

--------------------

Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Max_Renn:
Dear spine,

Herniated disc between L4 and L5. Glorious. And that whole "not responding to Ibuprofen" thing? Icing on the cake. And as for nothing else turning up in the cervical part of the scan, that only means that my left-arm-numbness is thus far unexplained. Yeah, I'm passing on the referral to the neurologist; quite frankly I'm sick of doctors right now, and the wrangling of time off each new appointment requires. If the arm improves, it improves. It can hardly get much worse.

Speaking as a "herniated disc survivor" ...

I'm not sure how severe the herniation you have is, I ended up having a hellacious thing between L1 and L2 after a year of mucking about with people assuming I was being a whiny lady and throwing vicodin at me. I felt so damn validated when I got a new doctor and he immediately sent me in for an MRI... hell, even I could see the herniation in the images and the little pieces of disc that broke off and were swimmimg around in the spinal fluid. I have to advise seeing the neurologist if you can, they decided the degree of herniation for me warranted surgery and while I first went through the fusion scare (he even gave me the information on where they get donor bone and such) they decided instead to go with the normal disc reduction surgery, an overnight stay in the hospital. When I came out of the anaethetic, groggy and pained as I was, I immediately noticed that the sciatic nerve pain was gone. Completely. Taking the pressure off the nerve completely took the pain away.

Of course, now I have to get in to the neuro because I have a numb foot and up along the sciatic nerve of my leg that never cleared up post-surgery. That's not the norm though, and I really recommend anyone dealing with persistant pain from a herniated disc to get checked out. [Smile]

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Max_Renn
Jingle Bell Hock

quote:
Originally posted by Spamamander with cheese on rye:
quote:
Originally posted by Max_Renn:
Dear spine,

Speaking as a "herniated disc survivor" ...

I'm not sure how severe the herniation you have is, I ended up having a hellacious thing between L1 and L2 after a year of mucking about with people assuming I was being a whiny lady and throwing vicodin at me. I felt so damn validated when I got a new doctor and he immediately sent me in for an MRI... hell, even I could see the herniation in the images and the little pieces of disc that broke off and were swimmimg around in the spinal fluid. I have to advise seeing the neurologist if you can, they decided the degree of herniation for me warranted surgery and while I first went through the fusion scare (he even gave me the information on where they get donor bone and such) they decided instead to go with the normal disc reduction surgery, an overnight stay in the hospital. When I came out of the anaethetic, groggy and pained as I was, I immediately noticed that the sciatic nerve pain was gone. Completely. Taking the pressure off the nerve completely took the pain away.

Of course, now I have to get in to the neuro because I have a numb foot and up along the sciatic nerve of my leg that never cleared up post-surgery. That's not the norm though, and I really recommend anyone dealing with persistant pain from a herniated disc to get checked out. [Smile]

Hi Spamamander,

The problem with my back is twofold. I went to my doctor with the complaint that my left arm was in a constant state of pins-and-needles tingling, leading me to suspect a pinched nerve. Since I'd had horrible neck pain late last year, it seemed likely. I've also got recurring pain in my upper spine. So she sent me in for cervical and lumbar CT scans (not thorassic, though, which I think in retrospect was an oversight). The cervical scan was clean, the lumbar one showed just the one bulging disc. Which doesn't explain my upper back pain or my arm numbness, unless it does. The neurologist suggestion was specifically about my arm, and yeah, I should put in for an appointment, god knows it'll probably be months before I can get one, but I'm just totally burned out on the whole process right now. Some cooling off will give me a clearer head, I'm sure.

Max "acquiescing" Renn

--------------------

Algae

Icon 97 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Zorro,

during my pregnancy, my co-workers used me as an excuse to get everything they wanted better.
  • Oh, we have a pregnant woman in here. Can we get the temperature turned down?
  • Oh, we have a pregnant woman in this meeting. Can we get the conference room closer to the bathroom?
  • Oh, we have a pregnant woman. Could we get water and bagels for the meeting?
It won't matter how you're feeling or what you're experiencing - they're going to assume you do so they can get what they want.

Sorry, Algae

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Stop & Shop,

Holy. Crap. Here I am, trying to make healthier choices in food, and thought I'd get some fresh spinach to add in my salads. I had something last year with spinach in it, it was the first time I had had it fresh (not canned and soggy) in my life, and I instantly loved it.

So there I am in your store, and there's no bag-it-yourself spinach. Ok, I can handle that. But you only have two different brands of baby spinach in a bag, and both are over $3. WTF?! Does spinach only grow on one acre on the entire planet??!! Don't make me cry!!!!

-The chick having sticker shock in the vegetable aisle

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Video Game Designers:

Listen I know that "balancing" the weapons in FPS for multiplayer gaming has become very important in game design but shotguns in video games are getting silly.

Shotguns are short range compared to say a rifle or machine gun, I get that. But trust me when I say shotguns don't lose their effectiveness after 3 frickin' feet!

The shotgun in Halo 2 is practically a melee weapon the range is so short.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear soon-to-be-ex-co-worker,

Yes, I am proud that I am 35 pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of the year. No, I'm not proud that it took a health issue and a visit to a doctor and a prescribed diet to make me lose weight, but the point is I did it.

I realize that you are probably just jealous as you have been trying to lose weight without success, but to say to me: "So, now that you've lost weight are you going to look for a boyfriend?" was just rude.

I'm not going to miss you at all,

kitap

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear person I care about,

I re-injured my knee. It does not make me clumsy. It doesn't make me a clutz. It hurts my feelings when you say that to me. I don't find it funny and its not a joke to me to be stuck using this cane again. The prospect of being on this cane for the rest of my life upsets me.

I'm glad you apologized for it, but don't go trying to make me feel guilty for saying it. I'm not clumsy, it was an accident. Would you call me clumsy if a car hit my car and reinjured the same knee? That happened 8 years ago after the surgery. I was walking this time, just walking. I didn't bump into anything, I didn't stagger or sway. I took three steps on tile floor and my foot slipped.

~Me

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear American Family Association:

Please stop getting my hopes up, you halfwits. When I wake up to an e-mail that begins "Activist Judge Overturns Marriage Laws; Homosexual Marriage Now Legal In All 50 States," I expect that to actually be the case. I don't want to open it up and find
quote:
How would you like to wake up one morning and learn that the above headline was the top story in every newspaper in America?
NFBSKwits.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Amigone:

I'm personally waiting for the day you get this e-mail:

quote:
The American Family Association has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, owing to a lack of donations.
In the meantime, just ignore them. Or make fun of them every opportunity you get. Either's good.

Canuckistan

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
Dear Amigone:

I'm personally waiting for the day you get this e-mail:

quote:
The American Family Association has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, owing to a lack of donations.
In the meantime, just ignore them. Or make fun of them every opportunity you get. Either's good.

Canuckistan

I'm on their mailing list; mostly so that I CAN make fun of them. But yes, that would be a howlingly good time if I received that e-mail. While we're at it, can some horrible fate befall their president? Maybe his son can come out of the closet or his daughter can have an abortion or something?

By the way, did I ever tell you about the magazine thing? Some kid came to my door peddling magazine subscriptions. Me and my roommate didn't want or need any, but we wanted to help the kid out. So we ordered a subscription to Jane, which he described as a "feminist lesbian" magazine, and had 2 years of it mailed to the AFA.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages