snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters You Wish You Could Send--May 2006 (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Letters You Wish You Could Send--May 2006
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Casey,

Let the orcs have the NFBSK.

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Family,

How can all 4 of you have P.M.S (Pissy Mood Syndrome) at the same time?! I dare to say that for once, I'm excluded from the party. I'm having my own party. Fever, upset tummy, and sleeping all day. If you guys don't stop the snapping and yelling (I suspect it isn't as bad as I think but when you don't feel good, everything seems bad), I will give each and every one of you a personal invitation to MY party.

I know why this occured. Very busy weekend (for the umpteenth weekend in a row), endless rain, plans going wrong. Yeah, I can understand. I should probably be ashamed of myself for being amused by the 3 year old telling Daddy "You just don't understand me!"

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CherryQueen
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherryQueen   E-mail CherryQueen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
"Dear" whoever is making the decisions about myt husband's travel:
You are officially on my NFBSK list.

CQ

--------------------
"Hilariously, he pronounces "Sauron" as "Sore-on", which sounds like something you apply directly to facial herpes."--theagonybooth.com

Posts: 2037 | From: Reston, VA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
Dear Casey,

Let the orcs have the NFBSK.

If the Kitten wasn't such a cutie, I'd swear your ex WAS an orc. Maybe he became one through mutation after Julia was conceived?

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear 4K,

*draws his sword*

Men of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers... I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the world of men fails! An hour of wolves, and shattered shields when the world of men comes crashing down! BUut it is NOT THIS DAY! This day we FIGHT! By all that you hold dear on this good earth; I bid you STAND! – MEN OF THE WEST!!

The Army of Men is on the march. We shall have him by nightfall.

C

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Excuse me, my dear, I daresay you've left out the wild shieldmaidens of the Auntie Posse in your stirring call to arms. [Razz]

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
And I would humbly fight side-by-side with any of them. [Smile]

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Loyhargil:

Dear ex (because at this moment you do not deserve a capital letter),

Capital punishment, eh?

Barbara "as in, a lower case than him you never found?" Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by 2ys4u:

*Dear cow-orker that just walked in my office and caught me sleeping at my desk,
I was just resting my eyes! Honestly!

- From me.

Next time, you say ...."in Jesus name, amen" as you open your eyes!

OR

"can you hear this ticking? Just here. Put your ear....here, hearit?"

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Marrya:
quote:
Originally posted by 2ys4u:

*Dear cow-orker that just walked in my office and caught me sleeping at my desk,
I was just resting my eyes! Honestly!

- From me.

Next time, you say ...."in Jesus name, amen" as you open your eyes!

OR

"can you hear this ticking? Just here. Put your ear....here, hearit?"

Only works if there wasn't any snoring! [Wink]

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear whomever:

OK, its official that I'm starting to panic now. I just want a job for fall & everything just keeps going the opposite way I want it to! I know I have till fall but I'm a bit nervous even still. I know there's always subbing but that's pretty unstable & I'd have to figure out what to do with the kids between running from the sub school to my kids school.
I just need a job. Not a huge paying job. Just a job. Just something that provides a steady paycheck. *Please!!!*

Signed,

The chick whose blood pressure is going sky-high

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear People on the other side of the wall:

Shut.

The.

NFBSK.

Up.

There is no reason why you need to be that loud, unless you are being stabbed.

Which could be arranged.

-A

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear client,

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! [flame] [flame]

This is what? The fourth or fifth data disk you have sent me in the last two months? Is there a reason the numbers for the prior, prior year keep changing? You know, the one we just filed a tax return for? The one I keep telling you not to touch? And, while we are here, why are you still changing last year's numbers? LEAVE THEM ALONE! We are now in 2006. Stop touching 2005!

There is absolutely NO REASON to change any numbers in any prior year. Especially amounts on cleared transactions. No! Just because you think you should have paid vendor X $Z, or received $Z from customer Y does not mean you can change the amount of a check or deposit that has already cleared the bank! STOP IT! And, no, (for the fifth time) I do not know any information about what you changed. You did it! You find it and fix it!

You are causing me to cuss and swear at work. I Do. Not. Do. That. I Do. Not. Like. That. So stop. Just stop.

Oh - and just because I have told you to stop messing with the numbers does not mean you can go in and NFBSK with the chart of accounts. Leave that alone too. It would be one thing if you were new at this, but you have been working at this firm for two years. You are now NFBSKing your own numbers. Your own books! Yes, I know the owner doesn't want to pay taxes, but I think I finally got through to him that he has to eventually pay and that he needs to stop messing with the numbers. That means you too! If I have been coming across as a downright NFBSK towards you, then stop changing things and I will go back to being nice liddle ole me.

Honestly. You are the accountant of the firm. You should know these things. Where the hell did you learn basic accounting from? 'Cause a first year student knows these things and I am starting to wonder. Gah. Basic skills should be a given-I am not enjoying teaching you how to do your job while trying to do mine in the time constraints your boss has given me when you keep changing everything. You want last years tax return now? Stop sending me new data.

Hatefully full of venom towards you,
Your firm's accountant.

PS - Stop calling me and e-mailing me Every.DAMN.Day. It is not cute. It is not funny. And it sure as hell does not make me want to work on your stuff any faster. Besides, I have other clients who are godsends compared to you who have been waiting longer and more patiently for their never-changed financials. They are first in line and you will just have to wait until I am done with them before I start your crap. You and your boss knew that he was going to apply for a loan and that he was going to need a tax-return for it - you had one friggin' year to get me 2004's info and 5 months to get me 2005. Giving me another new data disk last week means that his deadline of "Jan. 2006" means NFBSK to me.

----------------------------------------------

Dear boss,

Thank you for your support regarding this client. Thank you for hating him with the heat of a billion suns along with me. And thank you for understanding my anger and helping me find the humor in the daily calls/e-mails from him. Especially when the damn client pointed it out in his e-mails to me. Stupid.

Your loyal servant.

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Not-so-dear-left leg,
Blood clots again huh?
And this time me with no insurance and no job.
I hate you so much. I have to go up to the hospital again and have an ultrasound. And then spend months on blood thinners, again.
Why? Why are you doing this again? I'm happy with my life. I was making progress with my life. And I finally found someone who loves me for who I am. That all has the potential to be ripped apart because of you.
All I can ask you now is to please not be too severe. I want to be able to come home tonight, not stay in the hospital. And I don't want a mess like the last time-just get better quickly. Please.
Jenna

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Vanilla,
Would it help if you told that client that every time he changes his numbers he goes to the back of the line?

Dear weather,
Please, please, plase stay nice this weekend! I'd like to have a chance of getting out and enjoying myself...we're going to party on Sunday, and to watch fireworks next Monday. Please stay nice...it's almost JUNE!

ETA:
Not-so-dear Period:
Please go away. You weren't satisfied with being three days late, you've decided to give me cramps, and be really really heavy. I'm still on BC, please stop. Soon.
Sincerely,
The mind and body who hate you

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven Waift   Author's Homepage   E-mail Raven Waift   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear wall friends,

Please go away, for your chittering, while entertating to us humans, is driving our cats batty. How long will you be staying with us? I assume that you are a brood of racoons, and will be moving on, but I should like to have definitive move-out date, or else I should have to begin eviction proceedings.

Thanks,
The 2 humans and 3 cats on the other side of the wall

Dear E,
Go away. Die. Leave. Now.
R

--------------------
Whereas as you are dancing happily in the fields of ignorance through which the stream of stupidity bubbles and flows. -BlushingBride
My my space.

Posts: 656 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Barbara,

Yup, the way you signed pretty much summed him up.

[Wink]

Dear God,

So, um, wow. That was totally out of left field. Extraordinarily flattering. I'm not entirely sure what to do with this particular career opportunity 'cause of geography. If it'd been in the original location, there wouldn't even be a question. Now I'm a little stumped, but immensely intrigued.

Every time I think I have things figured out, eh? Boy, you do like to keep it interesting. Little guidance here, please?

Thanks,

Loy

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lavender blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear samples-

Evaporate faster, $%&* you! I had plans for the evening. I still have to go to the bank. I'm gonna miss House tonight.

I hope you give me good data. It's the least you can do.

lavender "pbbbttt" blue

--------------------
catagenesis [evol]-evolution leading to decadence and decreased vigor.

Posts: 480 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phil'sGirl
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil'sGirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear JB,

Please stop messing with my head!

First you wear your wedding ring, then you don't for several months.

Now you're wearing it again?!?

Would you please tell what I'm supposed to do with all these fantasies about you now that you're back off the market?

Or are you?

Tell me you're not wearing the ring to make me think you're off limits, because, dude, so not cool. You could just tell me you're not interested. I am a grown-up, you know.

Confusedly not yours,
Phil'sGirl

Dear allergies,

Thank you for being the food kind that I can control through observation of my eating habits, and not the kind that needs expensive medicine.

Phil'sGirl

--------------------
"Nobody ever looks like McCarthy, sir. That's how they get in the door in the first place" Toby on The West Wing

Posts: 816 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Dear Creepy Neighbor,

Stop watching me! I'm about ready to investigate the concealed carry law, you've got me that nervous. I wish your jail term had been longer!

Your really irritable neighbor

--------------------

Phil'sGirl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil'sGirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Minstrel,

Surely he has a PO you can have a chat with?

Phil'sGirl

--------------------
"Nobody ever looks like McCarthy, sir. That's how they get in the door in the first place" Toby on The West Wing

Posts: 816 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
me, no really

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me, no really   Author's Homepage   E-mail me, no really   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Neighbours

Why did you have to cut all your trees down? OK, the one that was damaging the house I can understand, but did you have to make the whole place look like a wasteland when everyone else in the area has lots of lovely trees? I know that it is your place, and you can do what you like with it, but seriously it is such a shame all those beautiful trees are gone.

me

--------------------
Check out my handmade pens
Check back often because the page changes often

Posts: 831 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Dear Phil'sGirl

Not that I've ever seen. If the PO comes out for visits, it's while I'm at work. The guy stands at the window and waits for me to get home, then leaves the window as I'm walking up to the porch door. No matter what time I get home! I just got home at 12:30, and there he was. *shudder* Maybe he developed OCD in jail and thinks everything has to be just right before he can go to bed. I don't know.

Minstrel

--------------------

NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Printer,

Please print faster! Thanks!

Love, Me

Devr Lady Fortune,

Thanks again! But now I'm really nervous. I don't want to be the button on your cap (or the soles of your shoes!). Hanging about in the middle is fine with me.

But thank you.

--Me

Dear ---,

Call me, k?

--Me

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phil'sGirl

Dear Minstrel,

Rats.

Maybe a barky dog? Borrow one if you have to.

My neighbor's dog barks at anything that moves. She's a sweetie if you know her, but a snarly, barky dog lunging at the sight of him in the window...

Heck, that would scare me.

Phil'sGirl

--------------------

ange84

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ange84   E-mail ange84   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear assignments,
Please be good enough to just get me a pass, i'm not chasing high marks, just the bare minimum would be nice.
The student who hopes she passes.

Dear chiot,
Seriously i wish you weren't working tomorrow, because then i could sleep while you went to the busiest shopping centre in town an hour before the shopes open to line up to buy that watch you want on sale*. I will have to be there around 8am or earlier to have any hope of getting it, it really sucks, and you owe me big time.
Loves you lots
Ange
* in his defence this watch is probaly usually over $100 and it's on sale for $19 but there is only one of this watch on sale for this price. This sale has all sorts of crazy prices such as cubic zirconia rings for $1,gold braclets for under $10, earrings for under $5, but only one of the items and it's only items that are in the one small window. It's mayhem and you have to stand in line and wait to be let in the store, if they only have 3 staff on, only 3 customers at a time get let in.

--------------------
Love is a sudden revelation: a kiss is always a discovery

Posts: 902 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear self,

Get a grip. What you did last night was incredibly stupid, and you were damn lucky nothing went horribly wrong.

It might be time to think about stopping drinking. You might not be a raging alcoholic and it's not like you're a frequent drinker either, but too many bad things happen when you do have a few.

Think about it.

C.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
have yourself a Merry Little Galaxy
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for have yourself a Merry Little Galaxy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear noisy eaters at work,

I'll grit my teeth and put up with you in the lunch room. But when it's afternoon tea time and I can hear you smacking your lips from two cubicles away...grrr.

LG

Dear self,

stop swearing. You know this will be a stressful couple of months' testing, so don't let it get to you. Dropping "Holy Sh1t!" once at your desk and again in a closed meeting room with one co-worker present probably isn't so bad. Dropping "Oh Crap!" on a conference call to Bangalore with two test leads and eight other testers, on the other hand, is embarrasingly unprofessional.

At least you didn't use the F-bomb.

LG

--------------------
I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains - that's why I live in Melbourne, where it always bloody rains.

Posts: 632 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Little Galaxy:

But when it's afternoon tea time and I can hear you smacking your lips from two cubicles away

Do you work in the Harcore porn industry?

Or has my mind now finally warped in half?

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'm 20th Century Fox
Happy Holly Days

Icon 303 posted      Profile for I'm 20th Century Fox   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'm 20th Century Fox   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear stupid Yahoo pop-up blocker,

I had a real witty post for Rantidote and when I hit "Preview post", I got an error on the page. So I disabled the pop-up blocker, and you got rid of my post! Grrrrr!

So here it is, probably not as witty as when I first wrote it:

Dear friends,

I long for the day when I no longer receive emails with subjects such as "13 yr old Girl missing" and READ AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

But if you keep sending 'em, I'll keep debunking 'em.

I'm Anya

--------------------
When my chin is on the ground I pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again.

Posts: 1765 | From: Greensboro, NC | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Max_Renn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Max_Renn   Author's Homepage   E-mail Max_Renn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear clinic,

Okay, I understand that for many reasons having to do with patient confidentiality you are not allowed to give test results over the phone. But my test was a spinal CT! No matter what the results, I don't care if anyone else, total strangers, the Canadian equivalent of the NSA, anyone, finds out what they are! There's nothing that can be found in a spinal CT that would expose nasty health secrets to the world at large!

Making me wait until the end of my work day, by which time the doctor I like has gone home and I have to deal with the one I really dislike, to find out if I have a herniated disc, a pinched nerve, or nothing at all it's all in my head, is utter torture. Much like the way my back has been feeling for two months. It doesn't help that I saw that CNN report on back surgeries yesterday and now I've got "spinal fusion" running through my head. Leaving a message on my machine saying "Dr. L would like to talk to you about the results." does NOTHING for easing my mind for the next six hours because it says to me that there's something to talk about.

Counting down,

Max "did somebody punch me in the spine or what?" Renn

--------------------
Sister Ann: DRIVE! DRIVE
Crow T. Robot: Look, I'm already driving, there's no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase! If you want me to go faster, you should say so.

Posts: 579 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear God,

Dude! Original Location after all! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

If it turns out I'm wrong and this is a totally horrendous thing to do, smack me upside the head with it fast, cause at this point, I'm ready to pack!

Love,

Me!

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
underfire and overrated
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for underfire and overrated     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Elderly Relatives,

Stop lecturing me on the morals and obvious superiority that pervaded your childhood. I am not you.

I am not living in a small town where I can walk everywhere or just take the bus. There is no bus here and I wouldn't walk down some of these streets if I had the whole army to protect me. I know a car was a luxery for you, it is a necesity for me that I am constantly thankful for.

This is not 1900. Tattoos are not an embarrassment anymore. I will not be ashamed of anything I might tattoo on myself (I don't even have any tattoos and I haven't been hinting to them that I want them.)

I don't care that you had to choose between a husband and a career. I will have both, thank you. (I'm not even thinking about marriage right now.)

Getting a job is a lot more than just talking to the guy who owns the one shop in town. There are hundreds of people all trying to get the same jobs, it's a little more difficult for me.

-Your very annoyed young relative

--------------------
I'm not a beautiful and unique snowflake! I am the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world.

Posts: 111 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven Waift   Author's Homepage   E-mail Raven Waift   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Anthem,

You suck. So you cover it, but you can't tell me who is authorized to do the procedure? Thanks soooooo much. *I* have called everywhere to find a place, and I have called customer service 3 times. It shouldn't be this hard! Now I have to either pay out of pocket or find some imaginary place that you do cover, since you can't tell me who you cover.

I am so glad I am switching to United in August! I hope you act on the complaint I filled with the CSR. I would write you a nasty letter if I could find out who to write it to.

BTW, your online member section, that is supposed to help in finding a provider, doesn't. If I am trying to find if an office is covered, why do I need to choose what their specialty is? I have no idea what is included in each category, and even when I picked 'Other' I still have to pick the specialty on the next page. What idiot designed this system?

-The very disgrungtled lady

--------------------
Whereas as you are dancing happily in the fields of ignorance through which the stream of stupidity bubbles and flows. -BlushingBride
My my space.

Posts: 656 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear mother-in-law,

No, I won't let Andrew scream in the middle of the restaurant just because you think it's "cute" and you want your friend to hear him "talk to grandma". Don't get pissy with me when you get him all riled up and I take him outside so as not to disturb the restaurant full of people who would probably prefer not to listen to him screaming. I know this is a difficult concept for you, but you don't make the rules for my kid! My husband and I do! And one of our rules is "No screaming like a banshee in the middle of a nice restaurant, even if grandma wants you to."

Also, when my husband takes the baby away from the table to walk around and calm down a bit, you really don't have to rush to the rescue and take Andrew away from him. I realize he's not a woman, but believe it or not he's capable of caring for his child. And your comment the other day about what a great job he did "babysitting" while we went shopping really pissed us both off.

And a side note, if you want to give me parenting advice, it's going to have to come from a better source than Dr. James Dobson.

-your daughter-in-law

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages