snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » Letters You Wish You Could Send--May 2006 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Letters You Wish You Could Send--May 2006
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 87 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear self:
Lets recap what we learned while working in the garden this past weekend:
1. Watch how far you kneel forward while planting canna rizomes. The brim of your hat lopped off an iris bloom. It would've been a nice bloom if you'd been a bit more careful you big oaf! [Mad]
2. It is a good idea to lean the rake against the shed in such a way that the tines face inward. Only your quick reflex saved you from a nasty bruise on the face.
3. Nice roll when you lost your balance and fell backwards last evening. Furthermore you'd cleaned up the dog NFBSK in the yard, so there was no landing in something nasty. You might want to consider getting a tetanus shot though, even though you do wear gloves.

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear teenage children of mine,

I thought I was doing pretty well. Then all the teenage things seemed to hit me in the last month. Do you hear that ping ping ping sound? That's the grey hairs popping out on my head.

18 year old daughter, you had speeding tickets. You lost your license. You may not drive. Don't complain to me, I'm hauling your rear end around. And yes, you will continue to pay your auto insurance bill; you cannot get out of that.

17 year old son, where do I start? You wrecked the car 2 days after you quit your job. Fortunately we had a spare vehicle, but it died on the way to school this morning. Don't ask again if you can use my van, I need it and you killed two vehicles in a week. I will just haul your rear end around too. Get a job son.

15 year old son, hang in there. I know your band buddy is being kind of nasty right now. He's grieving too, and everyone grieves in a different way. Don't put pressure on him, just let him know you're there for him and try to understand. I'm here for you whenever you need me.

Your loving (if exasperated) mom.

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear God,

I am just overwhelmed. Even when I try to put off things to deal with them later, they come and deal with me whether I like it or not. So, okay, here's some questions and comments I have. Help me out with the answers to the questions. And like I've said before, SMACK me with the answers, cause I'm not into subtlety.

1 - Is there a chance Dad's cancer can be localized, removed, and chemo'd out of existance? That'd be best.

2 - Thank you for my Mom. The woman's smart and persistent. She had the foresight to buy a cancer insurance policy. And she continuously begged doctors for 2 1/2 years to do a chest x-ray. Oh, can we do something about retribution against all those doctors that wrote her off as a pushy old bat? Bronchitis my a$$. And thanks for Dad's neurologist. If he hadn't been the only doctor to listen to Mom and somehow justify a chest x-ray, we still wouldn't know.

3 - Can you smack my ex upside the head? He sees kiddo twice in seven months (one of which WE totally facilitated, or it never would have happened), and suddenly wants to be long-distance "superdad." He's been calling her every night, and he doesn't understand this makes her cry MORE. Because she can't understand why he doens't want to live near her anymore. Get him to stop making promises he can't keep. The kid's actually asking me now why she isn't good enough for her Dad to want to live near her. And no amount of reassuring her that Daddy makes his own decisions and it has nothing to do with her will convince her.

4 - Do I go ahead with my own surgery or not? I haven't been back at this job long and I don't have a lot of time off built up. If Dad goes to Houston for treatment, I don't know how much help they'll need. My own surgery could more than wipe out my time, let alone what helping Dad out could do. Should I just suck it up and live with the pain for about a year until things settle down again? Or should I go ahead with surgery so I at least have one less thing to worry about? I honestly don't know.

5 - If I get either of those job offers, what do I do? More than doubling my salary could be helpful to Mom and Dad financially, as well as my own family. But I'd have to move. A-friggin-gain. What would help Mom and Dad more, financial contribution or mowing their lawn and vacuuming? My siblings are close enough to handle that stuff, and if Dad's in Houston anyway, it's not like I'd be that geographically close. But visits home when Dad was home would be a five-hour drive instead of an hour and a half, and I'd want to do that once or twice a month until things are sorted. Or should I just shut up and not worry about that until/unless it happens? Never mind, answered my own question with that last sentence. That's a worry for later. If it LETS me wait.

6 - So, why is it, when I decide to deal with something later, it pops up and makes me deal with it anyway? I was going to deal with surgery THIS week, and the doctor's office calls me Thursday morning, while I'm at breakfast with Mom and Dad, right after one of Dad's tests. So now they know about the surgery, and they have one more thing to worry about. Can we just make some things hold off when I want them to hold off? That was awkward as hell.

7 - Thank you for the fine chemists who developed those wonderful medications that are keeping me from crawling under my desk, curling up in a ball, and sobbing.

Amen.

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Lex ,

You're an ok cat, really you are. But you're DH's cat, not mine. You make me sneeze. Stop jumping on me everytime I sit down. You've spent the last 2.5 years ignoring me, please continue to do so. I'll feed you and groom you when it's needed, but I don't like cuddling with you.

Sorry-
The human who's leather stuff you piss on.

Dear Peanut ,

Well, we got you into the best co-ed school in the area. Sorry about the all girl's school. Thanks for taking the news so well, you really are a sweet kid. Thanks for a fun weekend, too.

Love you
mom

Dear Logan (sorry, no picture),

You're a big stupid dog. You're cute, but you weigh almost 200 lbs. You smashing into my knee and dislocating it was not really as funny as you might believe. You're lucky mom was there to grab me before I fell. Dork. You're also lucky that DH was with me and could drive home, otherwise I'd have slept there and been grumpy with you the whole night.

Love, but not as much as usual-
H

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 105 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Loyhargil:
The kid's actually asking me now why she isn't good enough for her Dad to want to live near her. And no amount of reassuring her that Daddy makes his own decisions and it has nothing to do with her will convince her.

Dear Loyhargil's daughter: IT'S NOT YOU!! IT'S NOT YOU!! IT'S NOT YOU!! Your father--for reasons known only to him--has choosen to live out of your area, thus depriving himself of the presence of a great kid, namely your sweet self. His loss. Maybe one day, he'll get his head out of his butt and realize what a mistake he's made. Your mother tells you you're worthy and now a complete stranger from some message board is saying the same thing. You're outvoted! [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Tzarina:

Peanut is adorable! Is that red hair?

Lainie

Dear Loyhargil's Ex and Mine:

Why don't you two run away together and leave your daughters alone? They'd be better off without you.

Lainie

Dear Ex-Husband:

You insist that the reason DD doesn't want to spend more than four weeks with you is that you hold her accountable for her behavior, and she's trying to take the easy way out. Wrong. So wrong. She doesn't want to spend more than four weeks with you because she doesn't like or respect you. She used to, though: nice work turning that around.

If you really think that you can get custody of her because her grades are bad, feel free to waste your money on a lawyer, assuming you can find one who won't laugh you out of his/her office. DD's 13: even if a judge were to consider changing custody, which is unlikely, s/he would never do so without speaking to DD privately. Oh, and to her psychologist. Trust me, you wouldn't like the outcome.

BTW, when she does go to your house, I'm giving her a code word. If you cross the line from pain-in-the-ass dad to abusive dad, she'll use the code word, and I'll call the police and Children's Services.

Your fed-up ex-wife

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Lainie:

Thank you.

Her hair was blonde and is now that shade of light brown that will be super dark by the time she's about 13. (like mine)

She has a lot of red in it, though. It was red when she was a baby.

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 302 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well, Dawn, aren't you the clever one? You just scratched open some dry places on your leg! Good thing you have some Band-aides at work, but you better hope the skirt you're wearing doesn't say 'dry clean only'. Nice going! [Mad] [fish]

--------------------

Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Dawn,

If it is dry clean, but made of a washable fabric, you can always try handwashing it in the sink with Woolite and then allowing it to flat dry. Depends on how much you like it, of course, whether you are willing to take this risk. The only fabric I'm really leery about is rayon, and sometimes I wash that, too. Usually the only thing that happens with Dry Clean Only is the dye will run a little. It works better for getting out stains than other things, though.

Avril

Dear God,

You know I'm sick, and I have finals. Thanks for help with the paper; it is good to have it out of the way. Now, please, help me to focus. The coughing makes it darn near impossible to review.

Amen

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CherryQueen

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherryQueen   E-mail CherryQueen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnStorm:
quote:
The kid's actually asking me now why she isn't good enough for her Dad to want to live near her. And no amount of reassuring her that Daddy makes his own decisions and it has nothing to do with her will convince her.

Dear Loyhargil's daughter: IT'S NOT YOU!! IT'S NOT YOU!! IT'S NOT YOU!! Your father--for reasons known only to him--has choosen to live out of your area, thus depriving himself of the presence of a great kid, namely your sweet self. His loss. Maybe one day, he'll get his head out of his butt and realize what a mistake he's made. Your mother tells you you're worthy and now a complete stranger from some message board is saying the same thing. You're outvoted! [Wink]
Seconded, heartily. My father tricked me into a paternitity test when I was 16, and I spent a lot of time wondering what was so wrong with me that he didn't want me, and why I wasn't good enough for him. It took some time, but I realized that my father has his oen issues, and it's not my fault that he wants to take them out on me. My Mom has always made me feel like I was a great kid.... and, man, did she go off on my father after she found out about the test. I don't really want to go into all the details of what happened, but Loyhargil, if you want to talk with someone whose been on your kid's side of it and hear how my mom and I handled it and what help, feel free to e-mail me or PM me.

--------------------
"Hilariously, he pronounces "Sauron" as "Sore-on", which sounds like something you apply directly to facial herpes."--theagonybooth.com

Posts: 2037 | From: Reston, VA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
It appears that my exH's recent asshattery is not unique; perhaps there's something in the air?

ExH:

By cancelling visitation 90 minutes before you are due to pick her up, you have once again shown the Kitten that you cannot be trusted. By telling her that you had to take your GF to the doctor instead of seeing your kid, you have shown her just where she falls on your list of priorities. GF is an adult; she can take herself to the doctor, or she can take a cab. You've only known her for what, four months? How did she get to the doctor before then? That's assuming that there was actually a doctor's appointment: I've never heard of an orthopedist who schedules appointments for Sunday mornings.

Even assuming the appointment was legit, if you had an appointment, why wait until 90 minutes before you were due to tell her you wouldn't be coming? Why wait until she was up and fed and dressed and looking eagerly out the window, even though she knew you weren't due yet? I suppose I should be grateful that you bothered to call at all; well excuse the NFBSK out of me if I expect a higher standard of behavior when it comes to our daughter.

Or should I say my daughter, or "my and CatNip's daughter" -- she's overheard Papi changing his plans to accommodate her, she knows who truly cares about her. Bio-dad or not, she won't be your daughter much longer if you keep this up. She doesn't trust you, but she still loves you; it's only a matter of time, however, before you kill that, too.

Smarten up, you NFBSK, or get out of our lives and stop hurting her!

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Brother
I've tried to be nice, I've tried to bite my tongue but you are REALLY PISSING ME OFF!!! You don't listen to a damn thing I say about my plans for the future! You are being INCREDIBLY selfish! You want me to give up EVERYTHING, sell ALL MY STUFF and move to a shack in the NSFBSKING JUNGLE with NO water, NO electricity, NO heat, and NO SEWAGE!! I've been supportive of you no matter what you did even when I privately thought you were making a mistake, why can't you give me the same courtesy?? You trash my plans for the future and everytime I talk to you it's more pressure!

I used to like talking to you on the phone, now everytime I see it's you I really don't even want to answer it because it's the same thing everytime. "Your wasting your life, move in with me, your business is shit, your plans are stupid etc, etc." I hold a better job than you EVER have had, I don't spend all my money on weed and I'm trying to better myself. You want me to throw it all away so you have someone to smoke pot with??

I did the pot smoking thing and it nearly ruined my life and put me on the street. I pulled myself out of it and I'm DAMN sure not going back!!

If you offered me a financial stake in this property for helping you improve it, I'd be interested. So far you've only offered me free rent in a SHACK! I'm starting to like my dad's side more, and that's something I thought I'd NEVER say! At least they are supportive of me in what I'm doing!! You are the most SELFISH person I've ever known. Pull you head out of your ass, put down the bong and BE the kind of brother I KNOW you can be! As it stands now, we are on the verge of not speaking. Push me a micron, and you'll never speak to me again. That's a promise.

Go NSFBSK yourself

Your little brother

PS, I'm strongly considering actually sending this one.

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loyhargil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Lainie, CherryQueen, and 4K,

Damn, there are a lot of asshats in the world! Empathy from Kansas, crimeny!

CherryQueen, I may take you up on that. This morning on the way to school my kid just kind of laid her head down on the armrest in the backseat, and held my hand, and half cried, asking me why she wasn't good enough for him. I probably could have caused an accident, driving with my hand stretched to the backseat, but I couldn't bear to let go of her since that's what she apparently feels her father has done.

I may see her with a mother's eyes, but my kid's beautiful, whip-smart (she's been able to count to 10 since 18 months, and has me time her math homework, because she can finish it in less than 90 seconds), full of songs and games and very snuggly. But the last few days, since he started calling her every day (after seeing her two times in seven months), she's been down and morose, having nightmares, getting bad stomachaches, all because she wants to see him and can't understand why he's not here, and is sure it's her fault. And I just don't know what to do to make it better. I've got her lined up with a counselor, hopefully that will help a bit. In the meantime... Gads, no kid deserves this.

Dawnstorm, I'll tell her there's other folks out there who think she's as great as her stepdad and I do. Sometimes she won't take it from those they live with, but she might take it from somebody else.

--------------------
Bender: Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Posts: 1170 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Loyhargil, how old is your daughter? My daughter (10) is going through something similar with her sperm donor. maybe they should talk.

Kari

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

My girl's six and a half.

The ironic thing is, my ex called HIS natural father a "sperm donor" because of the man's lack of involvement in his own life. Well, maybe less irony and more, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

I don't think, as long as I'll live, I will ever understand how a person can have a child and treat that child so shabbily. Whether it's physical abuse or neglect or just lack of respect. A kid is not an accessory or an ego boost. And yet so many people seem to see them that way.

--------------------

Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear A,

Today was really the last straw. I am completely NFBSKing fed up with the whole thing. I know I haven't been round much the last few weeks because of have work stresses which come to an end very shortly. It's the same few weeks every year with work, this one is no different. However, that does not mean that it is okay for you to abandon plans we had for one of the few times we have to spend together without even NFBSKing having the decency to call me.

I have seen you for what? Less than an hour in the last three weekends? All because you want to hang out with the unemployed lowlife you picked up in a club who appears to be now treating you as a babysitting service for two of his kids that he hardly ever sees. You bounced me into meeting him on Saturday, along with several other utterly awful excuses for human beings, but you have spent the entire damn weekend with him! We were going to have one drink this evening, and then you could have gone back to him. One drink. And that turned out to be too much to expect.

You know you're behaving badly. I can tell by the way you are when we have met up. Saturday especially, but then that was probably because you knew you were just about to ambush me into meeting a group of people you admitted you knew I wouldn't like. So why put me through that? Why try and pretend that you're being anything other than a shit friend at the minute by meeting me for a coffee? Because you knew if you gave me the option of meeting them I would say no? You'd left the group of them in the pub so clearly it was a ruse to force me into meeting him and them. And I do not appreciate it.

Here's hoping that when he leaves town on Wednesday you will actually come to your senses, otherwise you and I are going to have serious words.

Cinnamon

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear MSN tech guy,

Thanks for nfbsking up my 'puter.

-Unhappy camper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Scruffy's Auntie Carol,

Aww, thanks for the Johnny Depp cereal, honey. That has to be the oddest, most wonderful "Sorry your Da passed" condolence gift I've recieved from anyone. doubly touching when you told the story of looking for it and randomly asking people if they know who Johnny Depp is (since you didn't) so you could find the "Johnny Depp cereal". Sorry people gave you looks like you were a nutjob in the cereal aisle!

-Trish "Because nothing screams, Healthy breakfast food for children! than a drunken pirate wearing eyeliner" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Lainie, CherryQueen, and 4K,

Damn, there are a lot of asshats in the world! Empathy from Kansas, crimeny!

CherryQueen, I may take you up on that. This morning on the way to school my kid just kind of laid her head down on the armrest in the backseat, and held my hand, and half cried, asking me why she wasn't good enough for him. I probably could have caused an accident, driving with my hand stretched to the backseat, but I couldn't bear to let go of her since that's what she apparently feels her father has done.

Oh Loyhargil, that brought tears to my eyes. My DD is 5 & if anyone made her cry, well, lets just say it would *not* be pretty!

She has you & your DH (as well as others who love her unconditionally) as a 'base' & that's so important.

And if your Dad does end up in Houston & your visits take you through the DFW area, PM me & we'll have lunch or dinner or breakfast or something! I'll even pay!

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Husband,

It was incredibly thoughtful of you to send an anniversary card! I admit I haven't even got you one yet so you can guess what I'll be shopping for (and mailing posthaste!) tomorrow. But c'mon we've been married for a whole lotta years now you really could have signed it Love, Rob instead of Cheers, Rob [Eek!] .

Cordially,

Christie

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CherryQueen

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherryQueen   E-mail CherryQueen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Loyhargil,
I absolutely mean it. I was only 3 the first time my dad started in with his BS, so I've had a lifetime of experience with it that I am willing to share. And I'm thinking about your kiddo.

CQ

--------------------
"Hilariously, he pronounces "Sauron" as "Sore-on", which sounds like something you apply directly to facial herpes."--theagonybooth.com

Posts: 2037 | From: Reston, VA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loyhargil
We Three Blings

Morgaine, if we end up in Houston, I'm going to take you up on that.

And CherryQueen, I just PM'd ya.

--------------------

glisp42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear record companies

Please Please Please stop with the bad remastering. I'm tired of having my favorite songs screwed up because you a-holes don't know what you're doing.

Sincerly,
The audiophile who's strongly considering going back to vinyl.

--------------------

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
"Because nothing screams, Healthy breakfast food for children! than a drunken pirate wearing eyeliner"

Dear Trish,
Thanks, I found this to be highly chuckle-worthy. Carry on with your bad pirate-cereal-eating self.
Bettie "Won't make a crude joke about eating the pirate...oops, I just did" Page Turner

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
BTW, when she does go to your house, I'm giving her a code word. If you cross the line from pain-in-the-ass dad to abusive dad, she'll use the code word, and I'll call the police and Children's Services.

Your fed-up ex-wife

Good for you! That's a smart idea that I've never heard before!

Dear self:
Calm down about the test. Yes, you're going to bomb it. We know that. Let's just hope that this test doesn't kill your chances of getting into the program yet again. Deep breaths...

-Self

p.s. I could use some vibes or hair stroking right about now...

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettie Page Turner:
quote:
"Because nothing screams, Healthy breakfast food for children! than a drunken pirate wearing eyeliner"

Dear Trish,
Thanks, I found this to be highly chuckle-worthy. Carry on with your bad pirate-cereal-eating self.
Bettie "Won't make a crude joke about eating the pirate...oops, I just did" Page Turner

I saw that cereal at the store this weekend! I may have blocked the cereal aisle for a few minutes. . .

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42

quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
Dear Husband,

It was incredibly thoughtful of you to send an anniversary card! I admit I haven't even got you one yet so you can guess what I'll be shopping for (and mailing posthaste!) tomorrow. But c'mon we've been married for a whole lotta years now you really could have signed it Love, Rob instead of Cheers, Rob [Eek!] .

Cordially,

Christie

That reminds me of something my mom did. I used to have a lot of trouble with my dad so when we went to visit his family she gave me bus fare home and enough money to get a cab. I only had to threaten to do it once, after that it was much better.

--------------------

ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear L,
You're a great friend, and I wish we could spend more time doing friend things, rather than just talking on the phone.

However, girl, your home life is seriously messed up. First on Saturday you called, in tears, and begged me to pick you up. I did, driving 35 minutes to a place I'd never been before, because you asked me to. Then, when M threatened to leave you, I drove you BACK because you said you were afraid you'd never see him again, even though you and I both know he wouldn't take the chance of watching his money train disappear. I also put up with you draining my phone's power to call and beg him not to leave, and with him calling me later to demand I come get you. I'm your friend, and I believe friends should be there for each other.

However, now today you're telling me that things are fine, wonderful, never been better. It's only been two days! How can you get over what he said and did to you so fast? How can you not realize this is NOT a healthy relationship and you need to get out of it? I'm sorry, but I'm done being your savior. You don't just prove that you're a friend by showing up during disasters, you prove it during good times too. And lately I'm the one making all the effort. I'm tired of that. Please show some signs that you know you have to make effort too. Otherwise I don't know how long I can keep this up.
Sincerely,
C

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 05 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Metro: what the blue blazes did I see in the tunnel between Gallery Place and Judiciary Square last evening? [Eek!] [Confused] I was standing up just idily gazing out the window when I saw some text (and no it was not backwards so I know it wasn't a reflection) and then a picture of (I think) a car. Is this some sort of subliminal ad or have I really truly lost it? [Confused] Talk about a tunnel vision!
Dear county recyclers: you picked up the recycling at 9PM last night??!!! [Eek!] What's up with that?? You've usually picked up everything on my block by 8AM. [Confused]
Dear Ride-On driver this morning: where you asleep at the wheel when the Viers Mill Rd/Reedie Drive light turned green? [Confused] I thought I was going to have to nudge you to get you to move!

Dawn--I hope the rest of the week isn't this confusing!!--Storm

--------------------

Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear DawnStorm,
You've not read about the ads Metro is playing in the tunnels? It's some new advertising scheme. I read about it in the Post. I've not seen it yet (being 800 miles away keeps me from riding Metro often anymore) but John Kelly wrote about them again today in his column.

Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 204 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Gibbie--THANK YOU for posting that link! *breathes big sigh of releif*

--------------------

TrishDaDish

Icon 211 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettie Page Turner:
quote:

Dear Trish,

If it were Guru's pirate, I think they'd have to put an "Adult" section in the cereal aisle.

Trish "And I'd be living a completely different lifestyle" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CherryQueen

Dear Oliver,
Little Puppy Peapie, Momma is glad you like your new toy. But I PROMISE I am not interested in taking it away from you. It is completely not neccessary to pick it up and run away every time I so much as move, or to take it in the dog bed with you and sleep with your head on it. Although, I must admit, it's pretty damn cute. Rotten dog. [Smile]

Your Momma

--------------------

FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Gypsy-dog,

You're doing so great with the little puppy. I know the kids are kind of ignoring you, but I'm not. I'm still loving on you the same as before. And little Luna, she loves you too. Its adorable how you nudge her away with your nose instead of being rough. I never thought I'd see you behave like a mature dog, but here you are, mommy-ing a puppy you met two days ago. You're the best dog ever.

~Love your human

Dear Spouse,

It is super-cute the way you baby talk the puppy. And yes, I will bring her with me when I give you the money you forgot. I know you don't like leaving her behind. You big kid.

~Your wife

Dear kids,

Don't forget about Gypsy. She was our dog first. The puppy is cute, but Gypsy still needs to be petted and loved.

~Love, Mom

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TurquoiseGirl
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TurquoiseGirl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear ExH,

Please do keep on calling me several times a day. The constant refrain going through my head of "What the NFBSK did I see in this guy?" is really refreshing.

Not everyone is as entertained by the "ExTGuy Show" as you are. I cannot believe that I was able to ignore that when we were first dating. It's really, really, annoying, actually. Not at all charming.

Of course then I feel like an idiot for falling for it in the first place. [Frown]

One more month and I can tell you to go away! Hooray!

TGirl

--------------------
There are people who drive really nice cars who feel that [those] cars won't be as special if other people drive them too. Where I come from, we call those people "selfish self-satisfied gits." -Chloe

Posts: 6995 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Dear Self,
You know, no one's falling for the "I'm just going to lay down on the sofa and watch TiVo" in the afternoons so why not give it up? You're not going to last a whole show, just lay down and take a nap and stop pretending that you're watching tv.

Love,
groggy Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages