snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » People you hate... in general (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: People you hate... in general
Baikal
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baikal   E-mail Baikal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My immediate family and friends all drive Japanese (with the exception of one who is a VW loyalist). My extended family consists entirely of people who would not drive a Honda if it were painted in red white and blue stripes and played Lee Greenwood when you pressed the horn.

I get mixed signals, but in any case I wasn't about to turn down a ten year old car with 70k on it for less than four thousand. A year later, I seem to have had fewer problems (e.g., 'none') with my car than my friends have, so--whatever floats one's boat, I am thinking.

-Baikal

--------------------
I'm just a typical American boy from a typical American town.

Posts: 1463 | From: CU, Boulder Campus | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My theory on cars is this: If it fits your needs and the price is right, buy it. Me personally I would look at buying American first but I wouldn't let it stop me from buying an import if it was what I could get.

Are you sure your family isn't a clone of mine? You just described my dad's side of the family down to a T(including the uncle who is a VW loyalist)

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cleetus Awrightus-Awreetus
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cleetus Awrightus-Awreetus   E-mail Cleetus Awrightus-Awreetus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone (online or otherwise) who ends a post/sentence with the words "End of."

Don't know if it's just a Brit thing (I've not noticed it on here for example), but the implicit assumption that the preceding statement has clarified the matter in question beyond all doubt makes me want to hurt kittens.

--------------------
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before ... he is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. - Kurt Vonnegut Jr

Posts: 134 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
I hate Mr. I Believe Everyone Is Entitled To Listen To The Bass Speakers In My Car - Inside Their Own Houses At Three In The Morning.

I'm reviving this thread because I believe I've discovered that guy's redneck cousin. I went hiking along the shore of Folsom Lake last weekend and encountered Mr. I'm going to play country music from my boat loud enough for the people on the shore to listen to.

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages