snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » People you hate... in general (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: People you hate... in general
forcadragons
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forcadragons     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. / Mrs. Must Get Off This Plane As Quickly As Possible.

First, they stand up before the seat belt light is switched off. Once, I had to smirk when one of these guys got up when the plane stopped then banged his head when it moved again.

Then, they stand with their three pieces of hand luggage (yes, they always have more than their allowance) in the aisle waiting for the door to be opened.

It's always a guilty pleasure if I catch up with these people at the baggage carousel and my luggage comes through before theirs.

--------------------
We're sorry to bother you at such a time like this, Mrs. Twice. We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then.

Posts: 130 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
WOW, I just read all 7 pages of this straight through and I have to say it gives a very unpleasant whiny, nit picking, hard to get along with, impression (I am NOT criticizing anyone for posting, I posted myself back on page one, I am also not saying that there is no place for ranting, and this is obviously an appropriate place)

I am just commenting that having read seven pages of vitriol has inspired me to try and get LESS angry at people who do things that bug me. Reading this list I find that no matter how careful you are to avoid being offensive, you are offending someone. There are a number of peeves listed that are mutually impossible to avoid; in other words if you don't do the thing that irritates person X you are automatically doing the thing that irritates person Y.

Am I the only one who got this feeling reading this thread?

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PallasAthena
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PallasAthena     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course one could argue that it's better to post about it and share a good laugh with fellow snopesters and move on than to just sit and steam. I have found this thread to be somewhat theraputic. [Razz]

--------------------
"How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about." --Ray Nagin

Posts: 1325 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arriah
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arriah   E-mail Arriah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too [Smile]

A couple of times since this thread was started I've gotten annoyed at some petty thing and then thought "Well this isn't as bad as Mr/Ms did something really bad to somebody else" and then I feel better. Or, conversely, when that very same thing bugs me, I know that I'm not the only one annoyed by that stupid little issue.

--------------------
Conforming meant that everyone liked you except yourself
Rebecca

Posts: 682 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis

Icon 203 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PallasAthena:
Of course one could argue that it's better to post about it and share a good laugh with fellow snopesters and move on than to just sit and steam. I have found this thread to be somewhat theraputic. [Razz]

What? Do you think you are all wise or something... Oh wait, I'm sorry your divinityship. How's the owl?

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PallasAthena
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PallasAthena     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ummm...

Are you being rude or are you just joking around b/c I really can't tell. I'm trying to refrain from assuming the former, but you've really got me stumped.

--------------------
"How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about." --Ray Nagin

Posts: 1325 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ummm...

Are you being rude or are you just joking around b/c I really can't tell. I'm trying to refrain from assuming the former, but you've really got me stumped.

Sorry, I was joking. Your post was very reasonable and evenhanded so I made the joke about your name. No rudeness, or even disagreement was intended. I wasn't even laughing at you with the joke, it was intended as a compliment/joke.

--------------------

PallasAthena
Xboxing Day

Oh, okay. [Smile] That's why I tried not to assume.

P.S. Athena may be the goddess of wisdom, but she's also the goddess of war, so watch out! [Big Grin]

P.P.S. psst: sometimes a wink or a smile can make your intent a little clearer.

--------------------

Aptenodytes_Forsteriis

quote:
Oh, okay. [Smile] That's why I tried not to assume.

P.S. Athena may be the goddess of wisdom, but she's also the goddess of war, so watch out! [Big Grin]

P.P.S. psst: sometimes a wink or a smile can make your intent a little clearer.

You're only the goddess of victory, not the whole war... er actually I guess that's more of a threat not less. [Wink] So how is the owl?

--------------------

Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*Minor Nitpick*

Nike (nee-kay) was the goddess of victory.

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PallasAthena
Xboxing Day

You beat me to it Minstrel.

"Victory (or winged victory if you will) is Athena Nike," says Pallas as she dons her father's armor, "And if I hear it pronounced Nike-ee, I may go after someone with this spear."

There's also Athena Polias, Athena Promachos, umm... we already touched on Nike and Pallas. What am I missing here?

Pallas "My owl is on sabbatical" Athena

--------------------

Para
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I've got another one. Mr or Mrs. Paint-Curlingly Bad Breath And No Concept of Personal Space.

I'll readily agree that it could be a medical problem. In fact, if your breath smells like a sulphur-infused landfill it probably is. I'll easily go along with the possibility that they may not be able to help it. But if I'm trying to tactfully ease away from you or offering you gum/mints, *please* take the hint and allow at least two feet of space between your face and mine. Please? I'm really trying not to be rude while backing away from you.

--------------------
"But what of the golden spider-duck and the squat crimson pig?"

Posts: 425 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Para - your description is a perfect one for my boss. Yuck!

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Para
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lydia Oh Lydia:
Para - your description is a perfect one for my boss. Yuck!

Oh Lydia, not you too! I used to have an art instructor who did this, now it's a co-worker. I can't think of any tactful way of saying "Please back off, I can't stand your breath". Heck, I wouldn't be very pleased if she was just getting so close to me. We have the whole office to use, we're not crammed in a telephone booth together!

--------------------
"But what of the golden spider-duck and the squat crimson pig?"

Posts: 425 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lydia Oh Lydia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lydia Oh Lydia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Para -- with my boss, I don't know how his wife can stand it. I can back away (most of the time). It's truly awful. His breath literally smells like crap. I know it could be a medical problem -- so why hasn't his dentist said something? And yes, he supposedly sees a dentist regularly.

--------------------
"My name is the symbol for my identity and must not be lost." Motto of the Lucy Stone League.

Posts: 1815 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis

quote:
You beat me to it Minstrel.

"Victory (or winged victory if you will) is Athena Nike," says Pallas as she dons her father's armor, "And if I hear it pronounced Nike-ee, I may go after someone with this spear."

There's also Athena Polias, Athena Promachos, umm... we already touched on Nike and Pallas. What am I missing here?

Pallas "My owl is on sabbatical" Athena

So you are wise with a split personality? I guess you have to expect some trauma from a birth like that. I mean most duaghters don't give their fathers headaches until AFTER they are born. [fish]

edited to replace the two sentences the #$%^&* fish overwrote

--------------------

Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ms. 'I didn't do my part of the research project properly and when the other group member realized that after we got our evaluations I need an entire week to forward the paper to the group member who'd like to do some damage control. I also lie to the teacher and tell him that the other group members were supposed to edit the paper after me, when I actually told them that "I finished the paper, don't worry about it, we can turn it in."'

Phew. I just punched out a five-page research paper (plus all the research) in 90 minutes. I asked her to send me the other version last Friday. Asked her again Tuesday. And Thursday. The professor had to step in for her to get it to me, 2 bloody hours before it was due. [Mad]

Look, woman, the guy actually gave us the chance to revise the paper after we had to turn it in, and not only did you make clear that you're "not touching it again", you wouldn't even send a simple email to me, someone who is very willing to touch it again.

And I hate Ms. 'I'm a trusting person and don't insist on at least looking over what T. has produced, although I know she is a lazy b*tch who doesn't care if she fails the course.'

Yup, that would be me.

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. I think 3 a.m. is a perfectly appropriate time to start hammering and sawing, because it's not like the people who live below me might be trying to sleep. Grrr...

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate the Supervisor Who Doesn't Want Me On His Shift Because I'm Female And He Wants The Guys Only Shift Even Though I Outproduce Everyone In My Department And NEED The Hours More Than They Do...

I had to go to the friggin' OWNER of the company to get that straightened out... [flame]

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I must add
The Lady who parks in the family bay in a snowstorm. You know the one with 4 teenage boys who would never dream of allowing her precious offspring to get cold/wet while Ms Newborn Baby Mum has to walk half of the parking lot with her car seat in hand,

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr./Ms. I'm going to talk to you while your on the phone. Let's get one thing straight, I can only follow ONE conversation at a time. If you feel I need to add some information I might of forgotten, silently get my attention and I will put the person on hold. Talking to me while I'm on the phone makes me have to ask the person on the other end to repeat themselves and makes me look like an idiot.

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
forcadragons

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forcadragons     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
People who listen to music on their mobile phones. I'm not against the technology, per se, it's just that I don't understand why they don't use earphones. In terms of sound quality, you might as well have a Fisher Price wind-up record player.

--------------------
We're sorry to bother you at such a time like this, Mrs. Twice. We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then.

Posts: 130 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by forcadragons:
People who listen to music on their mobile phones. I'm not against the technology, per se, it's just that I don't understand why they don't use earphones. In terms of sound quality, you might as well have a Fisher Price wind-up record player.

My cell phone is also an MP3 player, and I can't imagine not using earphones. Like you said, the sound quality is (relatively) crap, plus it's exceptionally annoying.

To me, using it to play music w/o headphones would seem to be a "look at me - I have an expensive cell phone that plays music!" thing

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
forcadragons

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Furious:
quote:
Originally posted by forcadragons:

My cell phone is also an MP3 player, and I can't imagine not using earphones. Like you said, the sound quality is (relatively) crap, plus it's exceptionally annoying.

To me, using it to play music w/o headphones would seem to be a "look at me - I have an expensive cell phone that plays music!" thing

Exactly! This was inspired by a "person" on the bus this morning who, judging by the noise coming from the device, is a wannabe gangsta saying "look at me - I have a blinging cell phone".

--------------------

Max_Renn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Max_Renn   Author's Homepage   E-mail Max_Renn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aptenodytes_Forsteriis:
WOW, I just read all 7 pages of this straight through and I have to say it gives a very unpleasant whiny, nit picking, hard to get along with, impression (I am NOT criticizing anyone for posting, I posted myself back on page one, I am also not saying that there is no place for ranting, and this is obviously an appropriate place)

I am just commenting that having read seven pages of vitriol has inspired me to try and get LESS angry at people who do things that bug me. Reading this list I find that no matter how careful you are to avoid being offensive, you are offending someone. There are a number of peeves listed that are mutually impossible to avoid; in other words if you don't do the thing that irritates person X you are automatically doing the thing that irritates person Y.

Am I the only one who got this feeling reading this thread?

A very interesting point. I've read this thread all the way through as well, laughing often, sighing with recognition just as much, and quaking with frustration at humankind's idiocy an equal percentage of the time. One major flaw in my own personality, which I fully admit, is that I can be on a short fuse sometimes dealing with people, and demand a higher standard of intelligence and common sense than most of the world lives up to since, you know, they're just human.

That said, the participants in snopes and especially in this thread are, by and large, a pretty above-average bunch, so without sounding all conspiratorial, can I float the notion here that there should be just as much a higher understood standard for common sense and behaviour as there is for bigger moral issues? I mean, we (I'm including us non-socio- or psychopaths in this generalization) know not to steal, not to kill etc...is there a part of the social contract where we can say, "You know, if every time you get to the top of the escalator you stop walking and stand there absently looking around while people pile up and fall over themselves behind you...you're an idiot! Judgement has been passed!" Can I not say to my co-worker "Singing hymns in a prissy British schoolmarm's voice while slathering noxious-smelling lotion over yourself in quantities that would drown a racoon every morning is, by societal standards, bloody annoying and I will go out on a limb and say, wrong!"

I'm not calling for a fascist Annoyance Police Force to be established here, but I don't think we're all necessarily being petty or easily bugged. Is it being overly sensitive to just point out when asshats are beaking the social contract? Anyone have an opinion on this?

Max "stop it...just STOP IT!" Renn

(edited to fix a typo)

--------------------
Sister Ann: DRIVE! DRIVE
Crow T. Robot: Look, I'm already driving, there's no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase! If you want me to go faster, you should say so.

Posts: 579 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Sultana of Beetroot
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Sultana of Beetroot   E-mail The Sultana of Beetroot   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr I’ve got such a gargantuan schlong that I’m going to sit down next to people and then spring release my legs so wide that they are, in fact, in a straight line.

He will also invariably think that both armrests next to him should be used solely by him. Grrrr…

--------------------
Be Somebody or Be Sombody's Fool

Posts: 41 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Max_Renn:
I'm not calling for a fascist Annoyance Police Force to be established here, but I don't think we're all being necessarily petty or easily bugged. Is it being overly sensitive to just point out when asshats are beaking the social contract? Anyone have an opinion on this?

Max "stop it...just STOP IT!" Renn

Perhaps the self-appointed "Annoyance Police" should begin issuing tickets. A friend of mine carried a homemade post-it "ticket book" to sticker windows of cars that were parked in traditional asshat ways like taking two spaces. The tickets just said, "Excuse me, but you have parked poorly." I found her wording to be funny...prim and proper, but clearly conveying the message that you think the offending parker is a ditz who got their license at K-Mart.

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Robofication, Lightly Roasted
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robofication, Lightly Roasted     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why am I reminded of the book Haunted?

Ooo, I have one. Mr/Ms. Oops that's my cell phone.

Encountered this steadily growing species in a movie theatre. The cell-phone ding-a-linged for a few seconds and she answered it and proceeded to talk for several minutes.

People shooshed her. Told her to be quiet. She ignored them.

Finally, me being an NFBSKhole and not caring about tact or manners, I say loud enough for the whole theatre to hear "Save the commentary for the DVD."

The entire theatre starts laughing--at her. She mutters something and the phone bleeps off. Ah, sweet ridicule.

I also answered a student's phone (when I taught) when it rang in class. Everyone made sure to turn off their phones the next time.

Combine this with Mr. Knuckle-dragger who has to defend the honor of his rude girl. In this case it was a 16 year old with a baggy basketball jersey and a backwards cap.

Waiting for me after the movie lets out. He eyes me, ready to take me down, then suddenly diverts his attention to other matters more pressing.

You know, me being 6'5" and about 300 lbs and him about 5'6" and 120 when wet.

Never mind I've never been in a fight or would hurt anyone...heh. Sometimes being big is a good thing.

--------------------
"As convenient as it may be, it's time I started taking responsibility for the messes I've created instead of always blaming everything on the law of entropy"

Posts: 453 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robofication, Lightly Roasted:

Ooo, I have one. Mr/Ms. Oops that's my cell phone.

Encountered this steadily growing species in a movie theatre. The cell-phone ding-a-linged for a few seconds and she answered it and proceeded to talk for several minutes.

Apparently, this lady used to go to my church. You know her. She's also the lady that takes 4 minutes to find her phone in the first place while it's ringing with the most annoying ring tone you ever heard.

Right in the middle of church one Sunday morning, her cell rang. After about 6 rings, she answered it and proceded to talk out loud like she was standing on the street.

"Hello? No, I'm busy. Ok. That sounds good. I'll call you back later...etc."

Out loud.

Good thing I'm not the pastor.

Robbiev -Shut the NFBSK up for Jesus!- 427

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettie Page Turner:
A friend of mine carried a homemade post-it "ticket book" to sticker windows of cars that were parked in traditional asshat ways like taking two spaces. The tickets just said, "Excuse me, but you have parked poorly." I found her wording to be funny...prim and proper, but clearly conveying the message that you think the offending parker is a ditz who got their license at K-Mart.

I Park Like An Idiot sells packs of "I park like an idiot" bumperstickers to plaster on offending cars.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate my brother-in-law...Oh, in GENERAL. OK, I generally hate my brother-in-law.

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key

Icon 02 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bentley:
quote:
Originally posted by Bettie Page Turner:
A friend of mine carried a homemade post-it "ticket book" to sticker windows of cars that were parked in traditional asshat ways like taking two spaces. The tickets just said, "Excuse me, but you have parked poorly." I found her wording to be funny...prim and proper, but clearly conveying the message that you think the offending parker is a ditz who got their license at K-Mart.

I Park Like An Idiot sells packs of "I park like an idiot" bumperstickers to plaster on offending cars.
Gotta' get me some of those! Nice to know I'm not the only one that annoys.

Just yesterday, I was at the copy machine looking out over the parking lot and discussing with someone how about every third vehicle was parked crooked, and most of them were not "slightly off center." It was more like, "I wonder how he got out of his car?"

I left a ball game early once to find the car next to me so close I literally could not open the driver's door. I had to open the passenger door, take out the targa top, and step over into the driver's seat. I left the guy a note along with a reminder on the door of his car (I hate to admit that). He HAS to have known he did it. His car was literally about 2 inches from mine and he backed in, so his driver's door was next to mine. There's no way he could have opened his door either.

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jennakatze
Big Hunk o' Love

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennakatze   E-mail jennakatze   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like to nominate the following:

Mr. or Ms. Sits on the Outside (Aisle) Seat on the Crowded Bus/Metro And Pretends Not to See The Person Who Wants to Sit In the Inside Seat. This person often also heaves an enormous sigh when you finally get their attention to request that they let you by. It's almost like they think the bus/train is their own personal space and you are invading it by being there. Also related to Mr. or Ms. Gets Pissy Because You Are Standing Near Them, who acts like your audacity to stand in the aisle, holding the strap hanging over the seat they're occupying is simply not to be believed. I am not talking about someone who gets upset at being stepped on or hit by a backpack by someone who isn't paying attention to his or her surroundings.

Mr. I Know You're Signalling and Have Stopped to Park, But I am Going to Pull Up Within 3 Inches of Your Bumper and Honk My Horn at You. Occasionally, this is also a woman, but in my experience, more often a man. I especially hate this person when they are a very long distance back and you have already started to park (for example at a meter), but they rocket up the road and nearly hit you. I've signalled, slowed, then stopped to put the car in reverse. If you weren't tailgating and were paying attention, you would have noticed that I am about to park in that spot and would have been able into stop sufficiently far away for me to quickly complete the manuever and get out of your way.

My neighbor, Ms. I'm Going to Call My Family in Seattle at 1 a.m. (EDT) and then Sit Next to the Open Bedroom Window and Talk Loudly. This is often accompanied by smoking a cigarette so that the smell drifts through my bedroom window along with the noise. Especially annoying on weekdays.

Mr. Loud Typer I cannot believe your keyboard can still function when you pound on it like that. I can barely hear the lecturer over you. I really hope you aren't taking the bar exam anywhere near me because I will snap and kill you and then I will not only fail the exam for not completing it, but I will also fail the Character and Fitness part. Apparently killing people makes you unfit to practice law.

And finally:
Mr. or Ms. Whispers the Entire Way Through the Lecture. This course was insanely expensive, I'd like to get some benefit from it, so SHUT THE HELL UP. If you miss something the lecturer says, make a note and ask your friends at break or after class-- or heck, ask the lecturer! But if you're missing that much, it may be time to a)invest in one of those little tape recorders or b)just copy your friend's notes and get your hearing checked by the doctor. You are distracting and annoying, and you've also made me miss a few things because I couldn't hear over you. I will have to beat you silly if you yap through the Property lecture tomorrow because it is the subject I am most scared of. Then I will have an assault on my record and will possibly fail the Character and Fitness stuff. But then again, if I explain the circumstances to the Bar Examiners, they may just understand and give me a by on that one. Let's not try it, mkay?

Posts: 565 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Baikal
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baikal   E-mail Baikal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay! I love people [Smile]

I would like to add two more, these having interacted with me in the last twelve hours.

1. Mr. and Ms. Pedestrian Who Will Not Live To See 30, alias Run Into Traffic Like a Squirrel. The fair city in which I live and work has, that I am aware of, at least one crosswalk and probably many more. Use them, for Christ's sake. And don't be stupid about that either. If it's midnight and you are wearing clothes darker than the blackest night, you are an idiot to run your carefree ass into the damned zebra crossing.

"lol i haev teh right-of-way mr baikal!!1" First of all, no, no you don't. The city code grants you the right of way if you enter the crosswalk safely. Wearing black and darting across it like a startled raccoon is not 'safely' by my definition. I cannot help working late at night; you probably can help not looking at oncoming traffic before you dash from the shadows. Also, I would venture that your right of way means about exactly jack if you wind up with your butt painted across Baseline like a Jackson Pollock. Stupid little git.

2. Mr. (so far always Mr.) Relentless Fanboy, in this case my good friend Mr. A (his first name--his last name starts with a T, but I don't suppose I can use that), aka I Know There Is No Possible Way You Could Be Using [Product] On Purpose, So Let Me Enlighten You, Because My Way Is Objectively Better. Shut the hell up already, and I've told you this twice now.

Look, son, Uncle Baikal has been online longer than you have been emitting all that hot CO2, and through the magic of the Internet I am already aware of my alternatives. Believe it or not I have heard of and, yes, even used things like Linux and Open Office. That I do not use them now is not evidence of any particular failing on my part. I have no problems with Word. I like Windows. I also like Rise of Nations (mm...) and I'll admit Halo isn't bad either.

For about the last year, maybe two, the nexus of retarded fanboiism has of course been Firefox, which brought me and Mr. A into conflict earlier today. Now. I use Firefox when I'm publishing webpages because I think it's a bit stricter than IE is and I don't want to break people's browsers. I do not use it on my normal computer or on a regular basis because it a) doesn't let me check my E-mail, b) offers no real benefits to me that I have been able to discern, and c) crashes more often than a heroin junkie.

I would also like to add subspecies It's Your Fault For Being Unable to Use It Properly, or It Only Doesn't Work For You Because You Suck, which Mr. A also belongs to. So leave me alone. If I wanted to hear about how much "Micro$oft sucks" (note bonus dollar sign to show how much I despise them and how much they only care about money), I would read your LiveJournal. This goes for you too, web designers who have cleverly decided to proselytise by telling me to change browsers every time I view your page. You're very amusing. Now shoo.

-Bai"I also drive a Ford--do you know what 'Ford' stands for lololol?"kal

--------------------
I'm just a typical American boy from a typical American town.

Posts: 1463 | From: CU, Boulder Campus | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sure I do!
First
On
Race
Day
[Smile]

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages