snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » People you hate... in general (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: People you hate... in general
BoKu
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoKu   Author's Homepage   E-mail BoKu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, and what about people who think that hydrogen is a "fuel?"
Posts: 2079 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My new pet hate is Ms's (group of Ms) We Are Going To Talk Throughout the Entire Movie and Giggle at Completely Inappropriate Times. We Will Then State Loudly At the End of the Movie That It Sucked, Even Though the Rest of the Theatre Clearly Liked It.

Seriously, if you have something to say to your firend during a movie, whisper. If you don't like horror movies and think they're funny, please wait until they come out on DVD to laugh at them at home with your friends. And lastly, wait until you EXIT. THE. THEATRE. to talk about how bad the movie was.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Teenagers who think they invented sex and all its accompanying positions. It bugged me enough when I was a teenager and my friends had this attitude, but it bothers me more now that I'm an adult.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Signwriter Who Uses All Caps Except For the Letter "L", leading to signs that read :

SAIE
HEIIO
DEIAYS

..et cetera.

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No one has yet mentioned Messrs. We Haven't Seen Each Other In A Day Or Two So We Must Stop And Do The Macho Guy Hug Thing And Have A Conversation In The Crosswalk Right In Front Of Where You're Signaling To Make A Right Turn.

Oh, and Ms. I'm In The Middle Straight-Only Lane So I'll Make A Right Turn Across Your Right-Hand Straight-Or-Right Lane Directly In Front Of You.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
Mr. and Ms. We're So Wrapped Up In Our Lust For Each Other We Don't Even Realize There's Other People Around.

It's bad enough I have to turn away from your public groping and smooching. But when you're so involved with your PDAs that you walk off with my grocery cart (and I have to shout to get your attention), you should have really stayed home in bed.

How do you grope/smooch a palm pilot?

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[lol]
PDA=Public Display of Affection

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aptenodytes_Forsteriis:

That I'm not really sure, but a cell phone set on vibrate can be hours of fun. [lol]

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spamamander:
quote:
Originally posted by Aptenodytes_Forsteriis:

That I'm not really sure, but a cell phone set on vibrate can be hours of fun. [lol]
But if you are popular enough that the calls come frequently enough to be, shall we say, effective...

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Minstrel:
[lol]
PDA=Public Display of Affection

With a palm pilot? For God's sake take that little device indoors!

--------------------

I'm 20th Century Fox
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'm 20th Century Fox   Author's Homepage   E-mail I'm 20th Century Fox   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mrs. I'm from the church and bringing supper since you're dad's so sick but I can't walk good so come out to my car and bring bowls so you can spoon your supper out of my pots.

and

Mrs. [same person as above, having decided to walk in anyway] Why don't you hire someone to clean up the kitchen? If I ever get disabled I'm going to hire someone to clean my house.

Thanks for the food. We didn't ask for your help, but since you were in the kitchen, why didn't you pick up a rag and start cleaning??

--------------------
When my chin is on the ground I pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again.

Posts: 1765 | From: Greensboro, NC | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anya, I'm sorry you're having to deal with such annoying behavior. Sometimes people simply don't know how to handle a grieving situation.

I know people want to feel like they're helping, but honestly if I were sick or hurt, I'd just want everyone to leave me alone until I got better! I almost feel like it puts more stress on the hurt/sick person having to put up with all these "helpers" sometimes.

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Electric Shadow
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electric Shadow     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My apartment has a communal kitchen and Miss Deep Fry Everything You Can Fit In A Frypan drives me insane. Mostly because I make nothing but vegetable soup in there and she's still three dress sizes smaller than me.
Posts: 43 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phil'sGirl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil'sGirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr/Ms I know there are marked bicycle lanes, and I know it's the law that I have to wear a helmet, but I'll just ride my bike on the sidewalk and yell at pedestrians to get out of my way. You can't complain, cause I'm riding a bike and not polluting so nyah nyah.

Sure, go ahead.

Hope you don't mind that I'll be taking BP here on the sidewalk.

--------------------
"Nobody ever looks like McCarthy, sir. That's how they get in the door in the first place" Toby on The West Wing

Posts: 816 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
annabohly
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 03 posted      Profile for annabohly   E-mail annabohly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. I never received a bill from your company I have service with so I'm not goona pay it and you will waive the late fees

and no we don't call you to tell/remind you to pay your bill....that's what collection agency's are for.

Now I can see if you don't get a bill for 2 maybe 3 months you might forget to pay but after that I would realize that I haven't paid them in while and call about it. [Mad] [Mad]

eta: a slash between tell and remind

--------------------
And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over !!!!!

Posts: 521 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 02 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Can I nominate my entire anthropology class?

Ms. Rodent who must always be gnawing on something, be it plastic pen or her finger nails.

How is it she's so loud?

Ms. Cud-chewing cow. I don't even think she's chewing gum, but she's making really loud chewing/smacking noises.

Messrs. Loud-Cough. I know you probably can't help it, but could you please take some cough medicine? You're sitting in the back of the room, I'm in the front row, and when you cough I can't hear the prof!

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PallasAthena
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PallasAthena     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr I don't want to dirty up the inside of my car my putting my cigarette into the ash tray, so instead I'll just flick it out the window and crap out the entire outdoors and if I'm lucky I might even start a cool fire. Neat!

I actually had one of these NFSKBers hit my windshield with a cigarette butt one time. I only remember a few times that I have been that mad. I want to install a small tactical nuke to the front of my car. You know, one that will just vaporize the idiot in front of me so I can continue driving through the dust on my merry way. As far as I am concerned, we have to share the outdoors. I wish I could find these guys and dump something equally disgusting all over their front yard and front stoop. Like sanitary napkins or something, which I think are just as gross as some nasty cigarette butt that those jerks just spent the last few minutes breathing their filthy, tarry, rotten lung juice through.

--------------------
"How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about." --Ray Nagin

Posts: 1325 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The way you phrased that reminds me of another one: Mr./Ms. I'm so enamored of our lovely crosswalks that I'm not going to dirty them up by actually walking on them.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dog Owner who let his/her dog poop on the sidewalk and didn't clean it up.

Driver whose immediate reaction to any unanticipated event on the freeway is to slam on the brakes.

Driver who routinely comes to a complete stop at the end of an unmetered freeway on-ramp, even if the right lane is wide open for him/her to merge.

Driver in the right lane of the freeway who refuses to let oncoming traffic merge into the lane. Won't move over, won't slow down, won't speed up.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PallasAthena:
SNIP: I wish I could find these guys and dump something equally disgusting all over their front yard and front stoop. Like sanitary napkins or something, which I think are just as gross as some nasty cigarette butt that those jerks just spent the last few minutes breathing their filthy, tarry, rotten lung juice through.

Wow, PallasAthena, tell us how you really feel! [Big Grin]

I completely agree with you. I have had cig butts hit me when I used to ride a motorcycle. Having a burning object hit you at 60+ MPH is not a pleasant experience!

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Furious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Furious   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Furious   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. "I'm going to let my dog shit in your yard and not clean it up." As much vitriol as I have for the asshats who flick cigarette butts, I have more for these people. I'd like to dump my daughter's diaper pail in their yards and see how they like it.

Even worse is Mr. "I'm going to send my child out to walk the dog without any way to clean up after it." Way to teach responsibility! Not only are you a bad neighbor, you're an irresponsible parent! Way to go!

Mr "My preferred type of entertainment is the greatest and anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot." You see a lot of this on the Internet, not surprisingly.

Mr "Stop signs do not apply to me." Nuff said.

--------------------
"He's not gonna let me in, I'm Mr. Dirty Mouth!"
- Jeffrey Coho (Craig Bierko), Boston Legal

Posts: 8729 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DawnStorm

Icon 212 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
Teenagers who think they invented sex and all its accompanying positions.

Yeah, we all know that sex didn't exist before said teens came along. [Roll Eyes]
Put me down as someone else who hates PDAs and has seen too much of it on the Metro lately.

Dawn--love on an escalator--Storm

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
Driver in the right lane of the freeway who refuses to let oncoming traffic merge into the lane. Won't move over, won't slow down, won't speed up.

Ohio's Responsible Driver's Manual says that traffic trying to merge onto the freeway should accelerate to match the existing freeway traffic's speed. Arizona's Drivers manual says the same thing. And during times of high traffic, there isn't always room to move over for incoming traffic like they suggest.

So the merging car is supposed to match the speed of the traffic already on the freeway. In addition, how is the driver of a car already on the freeway to know if the driver of a merging car is speeding up to match speeds behind them, in front of them, or is going to take the next exit and won't even merge at all? Each of these situations requires a different response in speed if the freeway traffic is required to merge. And since the merging car doesn't know what the freeway car is going to do, it raises even more issues.

But if the freeway traffic is supposed to maintain speed, then the merging car (who knows exactly what he intents to do) knows what is going on. And so the merging car knows to speed up to merge ahead, slow down to merge behind, or maintain speed to get off at the next exit.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PallasAthena
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PallasAthena     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr or Ms The middle lane is the slow lane

We have several 6 lane highways in the St. Louis area. As in 3 lanes going one way and 3 lanes going the other. Many people drive slowly in the middle lane causing people to pass on both the left and the right, which is actually pretty dangerous. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought the far left lane was for passing, the middle lane was for going normal speed, and the far right lane is the slow lane, which stands to reason as people are entering the highway on the right and aren't always able to get up to traffic speed before the entrance ramp ends. Is my vision of organized highway driving just really skewed?

--------------------
"How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about." --Ray Nagin

Posts: 1325 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PallasAthena:
Mr or Ms The middle lane is the slow lane

We have several 6 lane highways in the St. Louis area. As in 3 lanes going one way and 3 lanes going the other. Many people drive slowly in the middle lane causing people to pass on both the left and the right, which is actually pretty dangerous. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought the far left lane was for passing, the middle lane was for going normal speed, and the far right lane is the slow lane, which stands to reason as people are entering the highway on the right and aren't always able to get up to traffic speed before the entrance ramp ends. Is my vision of organized highway driving just really skewed?

I could be wrong, too, but I think it's actually supposed to be that the far left lane is for passing, and the right two lanes are both slow lanes.

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would just like to say that Oakland is definitely the world's capital for people that snopesters hate. Dog poop leavers, cigarette flickers, litterers, poor drivers, loud people, bad parents- you'll find them all in beautiful, historic Oakland!

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr/Ms "My car is too new and expensive to risk dinging or scratching so I'm going to park directly on the white line between two parking spaces."

One parking lot for an aircraft carrier's worth of personel and you'd be suprised how many idiots pull this stunt.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cabcere
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cabcere   E-mail Cabcere   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChickyBee:

*snip*

Mr ‘ This random subject completely fascinates me so I’m going to harp on about it for the next half hour, ignoring your bored looks and any attempts to change the subject’

Sounds like my high school French teacher. [Roll Eyes] I learned practically no French in his class, because for the entire 90 minute class period he would blather on and on, in English, about stuff that had NOTHING to do with French language/culture/anything. This wasn't a rare occurrence, either - he did this EVERY class period. It was so bad that one time when the vice principal came in to "observe" our class, she fell asleep within five minutes. [Eek!] No kidding.

And to make matters worse, when my mom went in to talk to him on parent-teacher conference day and express concerns about his (lack of) teaching, he spent the entire time bitching and moaning about how the school system screwed him over and didn't pay him enough and so he had to work two jobs, blah blah blah... [Roll Eyes] (My mom and I both agreed that if anything, the school system was grossly OVER-paying him.) [Mad] I HATE people like that, and I think that it's especially awful if they're teaching. To bore people on your own time is one thing, but to supposedly be in charge of educating students and instead waste their time with completely irrelevant bullshit is even worse. [flame]

*takes a deep breath* Okay, I'm done now. Sorry about that.

Posts: 56 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DaphHime
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaphHime   E-mail DaphHime   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't know if any of these were covered yet...soo...

Props her feet up on the empty seat next to me during a lecture Happend during art history. Got so bad that I swiched seats during the break. Please don't do that, it's rude and it makes me want to knock your feet off the chair.

Mr./Ms. Bad BO Another reason why I moved my seat. The homless people that wander the South Loop smell better than what ever that funk was. Ick!

Chatty people in the back The teacher is talking. Yes the lecture might be a tad boring (I dozed off a few times myself, but it was mostly the cold meds doing that) but some people do care about what she's saying, thank you.

Music on full blast at 2 in the morning Do the words "Quite Floor" mean anything to you? One of my roomates is gulity of this too*. This goes for those people who have loud conversations. These walls are very high and they echo, I can hear just about every word of your conversation.

Vandalizers of school property or just property in general. I know that grafftti is an art and this is an art school (and an urban one at that), but there is a time and place everything and ecthing your name on the wall in the stairwell, or worse yet windows outside the buildings, is not one of them.

Friend that's holding a grudge for no real reason at that. I moved on, why haven't you? I sense jelousy.

And that's all I can squeeze out of my brain right now. I'm sure there are more. [Razz]

*ETA: Got a good story about this one. There was a knock at my apartment at around 1AM. It was our neighboor from down the hall. She asked me to turn the music down and it was roomate A's music, not mine. Now her room is right next to the door and mine is near the back. She had her music loud enough so that she couldn't hear someone knocking on the door a good 6 feet away! It also took me a few times to knock on the bedroom door before she heard me. Luckly she turned it down without much argument.

--------------------
"I was in one of those rare states where you curse someone else's misfortune."-Rikudo Koshi

Posts: 125 | From: Villa Park, IL | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
piper
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for piper   Author's Homepage   E-mail piper   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
Driver in the right lane of the freeway who refuses to let oncoming traffic merge into the lane.

Related is Driver who feels that he should use all available merge space as road and not attempt to merge until all available road is gone. Why do these people not understand the concept that the merging lane is there for them to use to merge into traffic and is not just an extra lane until it runs out? I don't know how many times I've seen this in front of me: car in left lane, semi in right lane, car coming down entrance ramp — instead of speeding up or slowing down to get around the semi in time, this person uses the entire lane until it's gone, then nearly causes an accident because the semi can't get out of the way because there's a car on the left and it can't move over. This can be avoided if the person merging actually merges when there's a spot open instead of waiting until the last possible second.

It also cracks me up when, at the convergence of two interstates about a half an hour south of where I am, there are people who make the merge, then change into the far right lane, right at the sign that says "Right Lane Ends."

ETF tags.

--------------------
"I shoot and crochet. I cook and mow the lawn. These things are not contradictions."
-pirateslife

Posts: 377 | From: Southern Illinois | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DaphHime

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaphHime   E-mail DaphHime   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NewZer0:
Can I nominate my entire anthropology class?

Ms. Rodent who must always be gnawing on something, be it plastic pen or her finger nails.

How is it she's so loud?

Ms. Cud-chewing cow. I don't even think she's chewing gum, but she's making really loud chewing/smacking noises.

Messrs. Loud-Cough. I know you probably can't help it, but could you please take some cough medicine? You're sitting in the back of the room, I'm in the front row, and when you cough I can't hear the prof!

Wow, your anthro. class should meet my art history class.

On second thought, nevermind. [Razz]

I agree with you on "the cud chewing cow". Loud gum chewers...ick!

Another one I just thought of. Mr. Eats his lunch in class yes I've done this a few times myself, but this guy does it every freaking day in my English comp class. Not only does he bring in food that smells really bad, but he chews too loud and talks with his mouth full of food.

I now actually long for the days in middle school where no gum was allowed and the closest thing you could have to food was water or candy that the teacher gave you.

Edit: Because berating someone for "talking with their mouth open" doesn't make much sense.

--------------------
"I was in one of those rare states where you curse someone else's misfortune."-Rikudo Koshi

Posts: 125 | From: Villa Park, IL | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
DJ Motorola-on-the-Subway, the guy who thoughfully shares a poor-quality, ringtone-esque version of Sean Paul's new song at a volume audible in every corner of a crowded rush-hour F train. On repeat. All the way to Brooklyn.

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DaphHime

quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:
This reminds me of a good one. Oh dear NY you are NOT in the city.

"It says don't walk and the light just turned green so I'll walk anyways" people
Thanks for screwing up my left green arrow!

ETA: "I also won't speed up when the light changes from red to green because I have a stroller or because you have no where to be"

Come on people! I saw two elderly ladies (one had a cane too) and they made it across with a second left!! Reminded me of the 81 yr old jaywalker.

On the filp side of that coin, there's Mr/Ms I'm going to keep turning into the street, never mind that there is a group of people trying to cross when a WALK sign is lit. We're pedestrans, not potental road kill.

Another one stops their car right on the double white lines/crossing bars. You stop at the first line, not the second moron! Those are there so people who choose not to drive gas gussling SUV's can go places safely. There are other modes of transport besides cars you know.

--------------------

monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How's about:

Misters and Misses Like oh my gosh I haven't seen you in forever we should totally stand right here at the intersection of the sidewalk and catch up!
I'm not trying to push a stroller or anything here. No, don't bother moving, I'll just trek through the mud. Thanks.

Mr. I think I'll park on the left side of this narrow road, even though I can see that the entire right side is lined with cars, and it's going to be nearly impossible for anyone to drive down the center with me parked here.
I'm glad my husband can maneuver our car better than I can! I'd have just been stuck there all day. My husband commented that if we were still driving our old beater car, he'd love to just "accidently" scrape the side of that jerk's car with our bumper as we squeezed past.

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, the blasting music at all hours. I can totally relate to that. The last semester I lived in a dorm was like that. I was in a different dorm than I had been the previous semesters. Constant high volume rap music plus the lingering odor of pot were reasons I spent most of the time with my friends at my old dorm. I usually just slept in my room. Most of the time I was in class, at work, or with my friends.

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages