snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » People you hate... in general (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: People you hate... in general
geminilee
The First USA Noel

Icon 07 posted      Profile for geminilee   E-mail geminilee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Temple:
If I were bi, I'd probably hate this type that I've heard of: Mr/Ms There Are No Bisexuals, Only Homosexuals in Denial.

I second that one.
I would like to add the "when are you going to have kids" people to the list. Seems like I get that every time I turn around lately (though less now that I am not in a relationship.)

--------------------
"Accompanied by the ghosts of dolphins, the ghost of a ship sailed on..." Terry Pratchett

Posts: 660 | From: Gainesville, FL | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arriah
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arriah   E-mail Arriah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How about Ms. I don't believe in bisexuals, I think they're just selfish?

Worked with one of those once. She stated loudly in the cafeteria that she thinks bisexuals just "want to have their cake and eat it too." (had to stifle a 'snork' when she said that bit) Her opinion was that bisexual people just didn't want to admit to being gay 'cause if you're gay enough to be bi, then you're just gay.

Being bi myself, I had to fight the urge to tell her (black woman) that I didn't believe in bi-racial people, if you're even partly black, you're just black, not bi. Sadly, I don't think she would've gotten the irony.

--------------------
Conforming meant that everyone liked you except yourself
Rebecca

Posts: 682 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My favorite is:

Mr. or Ms. I'm going to assume your religion, family background and the type of relationship you are in because you are white and middle class like me Look, just because you think I'm just like you and share your beliefs doesn't mean I do. Believe it or not, I'm one of those people that you've complained about, I just don't happen to call you on anything but your attitude about immigrants.

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Loony
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loony   E-mail Loony   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ms/Mr. when asked how are you today...says fine in such a voice and with a wan smile that you know yeah she or he is not really fine.

You're the reason I've stopped asking that question and instead settle for a polite crisp good morning as I make my way to my desk at the start of the day. It's working well for me so far too.

Mr./Ms. Woe is me the people who automatically jump to the conclusion that they were the ones who did something wrong at work if an error is being discussed, and that if anything bad happens it would happen to them. One of my co-workers is really starting to get on my nerves with this.

--------------------
Avoid scattering your energies - advice from a fortune cookie.

Posts: 253 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemi:
My favorite is:

Mr. or Ms. I'm going to assume your religion, family background and the type of relationship you are in because you are white and middle class like me Look, just because you think I'm just like you and share your beliefs doesn't mean I do. Believe it or not, I'm one of those people that you've complained about, I just don't happen to call you on anything but your attitude about immigrants.

Noemi

I get that a lot. I'm a white, heterosexual male in the military, therefore I'm a conservative Christian.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ntsch
A View to a Krill

Icon 501 posted      Profile for ntsch     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Today, I'm particularly fond of

The upstairs neighbour with the creaky bed and the loud girlfriend
I want him dead. Or neutered. I don't really care which, just as long as he never wakes me at 3.30 AM anymore.

Mr. I'm old, so I can make inappropriate comments about young women's bodies and if they're offended I'll tell them it was just a compliment.
I would never hit an old man, but this type makes that very difficult.

--------------------
I'm not nice, I'm just highly susceptible to guilt.

Posts: 59 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bentley:
therefore I'm a conservative Christian.

[lol] [lol]
Joe Bentley, a conservative Christian! Ha!

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No seriously you'd be suprised how often people seem to expect me to be defending their idea of America, which is often a 1950s whitebread Christian nation.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ms and Ms Cashier who BOTH think that talking to their friends at their checkouts is *far* more important than serving the big long line of customers.

And Ms Other Cashier who serves the bloke in front of me and then logs off from her till and waltzes off, again despite the big long line of customers.

Hello? Am I invisible?

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seanette
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seanette   Author's Homepage   E-mail Seanette   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
Ms and Ms Cashier who BOTH think that talking to their friends at their checkouts is *far* more important than serving the big long line of customers.

And Ms Other Cashier who serves the bloke in front of me and then logs off from her till and waltzes off, again despite the big long line of customers.

Hello? Am I invisible?

And let us not forget Ms. My Cellphone Is MUCH More Urgent Than Speaking To A Mere Customer Other Than To Announce The Total. A cashier at a mini-mart near my apartment does this, which is why I nearly never go there anymore (and used to be in several times a week). She's so busy on her phone calls that I definitely get the impression I'm rudely interrupting something *important* by wanting to actually make a purchase.

There ARE other markets in reasonable range, hers is not my only option.

Posts: 486 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joey 1986
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Joey 1986   E-mail Joey 1986   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cabcere:

Mr. or Ms. "I Hate [Artist/Band/Movie/Whatever] So Therefore It Is A Universal Truth That [He/She/It/They] Suck(s), And If You Disagree You Are Wrong And Stupid." People who present their opinion as fact and ridicule those who disagree with them really, really, REALLY irritate me. I should probably stop there, before I type anything seriously NFBSK that I'm going to regret later. [Wink]

Agree totally, its one of my pet hates too. A few weeks ago I was in work, and a song came on the in-store radio. My colleage expressed his dislike of this song, I replied that I actually liked it. His response was to state, as a matter of fact, that the song was 'shite' and that I must be strange. I mean, I can take a joke but this annoyed me - I don't appreciate being called 'strange' because my tastes happen to differ to someone elses. His tone of voice suggested that he was genuinely offended that my opinion was different to his. [Confused]

It's not the only example from him I could give but this is the one that stands out most.

Posts: 15 | From: Swansea, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MaidenAthene
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaidenAthene   E-mail MaidenAthene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troodon:
People who wear sandals or flip-flops! I don't expect agreement on this, but I think humans have ugly feet. I know it's warm, and I know that shoes and socks are uncomfortable to wear because of that (I'm certainly uncomfortable). Still, I don't want to see your feet! Please, at least wear socks.

I love walking barefoot. If it weren't for flip-flops, i'd be barefoot all the time. [Smile] But what i can't stand is the noise from walking in them.

Another one: Mr I'm a man and i'll have my shirt off all the time. When women can go topless without a second look or a wolf-whistle, i'll accept your shirtlessness. Sure, i felt the need to mow the lawn topless plenty of times myself, but i can't. Its not fair.

/whine

--------------------
“We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.” - Marilyn Manson
"Well, end more, your not ending enough!" - MST3K

Posts: 259 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. and Ms. We're So Wrapped Up In Our Lust For Each Other We Don't Even Realize There's Other People Around.

It's bad enough I have to turn away from your public groping and smooching. But when you're so involved with your PDAs that you walk off with my grocery cart (and I have to shout to get your attention), you should have really stayed home in bed.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cabcere
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cabcere   E-mail Cabcere   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ugh, Cervus - that's totally not cool. I'm sorry to hear you had to put up with that rubbish...makes me sick just reading about it!

Another one from me (I've been awfully hate-filled lately, haven't I? [Razz] ) :

Mr. or Ms. "OMG You're A LIBERAL?!" (said with the utmost disgust and shock), and also Mr. or Ms. "Democrat/Liberal Is A Bad Word, So I'm Going To Call You One In A Tone Of Voice That Implies It Is The Highest Level Of Insult." [Roll Eyes] Um, yes I am a liberal/Democrat, just as you are a conservative/Republican...last I checked, it's perfectly within my rights to belong to the political party of my choice and hold the views that I believe in, even if - and I know this may come as a shock to some of you - EVEN IF they are (gasp) different from yours. I don't harrass you or imply that you're a bad person because of your political beliefs, so will you PLEASE quit acting shocked and scandalized about mine? Geez.

(I'm sure there are Democrats who treat Republicans this way too, but I have yet to encounter any, and so I'm just basing this off my personal experience. [Wink] And it has definitely happened more than a few times to me.)

Posts: 56 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
Mr. and Ms. We're So Wrapped Up In Our Lust For Each Other We Don't Even Realize There's Other People Around.

It's bad enough I have to turn away from your public groping and smooching. But when you're so involved with your PDAs that you walk off with my grocery cart (and I have to shout to get your attention), you should have really stayed home in bed.

OTOH, it's really fun to turn a hose on them.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trunnion
Fighting Irish Stew

Icon 02 posted      Profile for trunnion     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Para:

Another favorite is the people who insist on parking in the fire lane in front of stores.

I do my grocery shopping at 1 a.m. when there are usually maybe 6 cars in the parking lot and you can almost ALWAYS park in one of the spaces closest to the door. And still people park in the fire lane.

I saw a police officer writing one of those bozos a ticket one time, and it was difficult to resist the impulse to give him a big, wet kiss (but he looked sorta unfriendly, so I didn't even say thanks).

To although I have a green left-turn arrow and all traffic at the intersection is stopped, I will take my sweet, sweet time negotiating the turn, slowing waaaay down in the middle in case my car might tip over from my blistering speed: you are not the only driver on the road!! It is rude and inconsiderate to use half of the green light for ONE CAR!

Posts: 3 | From: SE Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Those public gropers are, IME, very self-righteous about their behavior, too: if you object, it's just because you're jealous of their beautiful relationship, or you're bitter, or you just don't understand their perfect and pure looooove.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ugh, Cervus - that's totally not cool. I'm sorry to hear you had to put up with that rubbish...makes me sick just reading about it!

Another one from me (I've been awfully hate-filled lately, haven't I? [Razz] ) :

Mr. or Ms. "OMG You're A LIBERAL?!" (said with the utmost disgust and shock), and also Mr. or Ms. "Democrat/Liberal Is A Bad Word, So I'm Going To Call You One In A Tone Of Voice That Implies It Is The Highest Level Of Insult." [Roll Eyes] Um, yes I am a liberal/Democrat, just as you are a conservative/Republican...last I checked, it's perfectly within my rights to belong to the political party of my choice and hold the views that I believe in, even if - and I know this may come as a shock to some of you - EVEN IF they are (gasp) different from yours. I don't harrass you or imply that you're a bad person because of your political beliefs, so will you PLEASE quit acting shocked and scandalized about mine? Geez.

(I'm sure there are Democrats who treat Republicans this way too, but I have yet to encounter any, and so I'm just basing this off my personal experience. [Wink] And it has definitely happened more than a few times to me.)

I get this all the time here at good old Super Conservative Christian University. In my E-Commerce class last week, the teacher said we could have five bonus points if we showed the class a website we've made (including blogs, etc). So I showed the class my Xanga, and my profile pic is a copy of a sticker I have that says, "Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyhow." One guy said, "Yeah, you would be a liberal" as if this were the most insulting thing he could possibly say. I replied "I sure am! And I'm also a *gasp* Christian!" And he responded "We'll just let God be the judge of that." Completely serious, too.

A few more:

Mr. or Ms. I can't possibly be bothered to stay aware of what's happening around me, so I hope you'll forgive me if I run straight into you for no apparent reason.
Four times at the mall today.

Ms. (it's always a woman) Oh look you have a baby so I'm going to reach down and put my fingers in his face and spend ages cooing over him because you couldn't possibly be trying to go somewhere.

--------------------

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae   E-mail Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Count me in among the haters of Mr. Excruciatingly Loud Bass Playing Man. Especially from the NFBSKers across the hall. The noise does wonders for my migraines. No, really, please don't be considerate and turn it down...my roommates and I are dying to hear this week's latest R&B hit played at top volume.

Although Number One by a landslide are Mr.'s "We don't need to clean up after our keg parties which we hold on a weekly basis! It's perfectly acceptable to leave our half-full beers strewn across the hallway of our apartment complex! Those beer stains on the concrete that have spread to the girls' apartment step across the hallway? Those are our doing. But even then, cleaning up is far too big a hassle for us...we're too busy getting REALLY WASTED, DOOD!!! Oh, and used condoms that sit in the hallway for weeks at a time are also not an embarassment to us. In fact, it's proof of our recent conquests! Nevermind that the other people on our floor are mortified to bring their SO over because it appears that they live in a toxic waste dump!"

--------------------
The Wicked Witch of the West was FRAMED!

Posts: 201 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Also, Mr. I think it's perfectly acceptable to let my kids toss whole loaves of bread or a dozen rolls off my balcony for the birds to eat, even though they land directly in front of your door, and you have to step over my nasty food to get outside.
Yeah, I can't believe the guy above us lets his kids do this.

--------------------

Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Seanette:
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:

Hello? Am I invisible?

And let us not forget Ms. My Cellphone Is MUCH More Urgent Than Speaking To A Mere Customer Other Than To Announce The Total. A cashier at a mini-mart near my apartment does this, which is why I nearly never go there anymore (and used to be in several times a week). She's so busy on her phone calls that I definitely get the impression I'm rudely interrupting something *important* by wanting to actually make a purchase.

There ARE other markets in reasonable range, hers is not my only option.

If you don't want to cause a scene by asking to speak to a manager at that time, call up the store after you get home, tell him/her the problem and what time you were in (and the cashier's name if you know it, or what lane # you were in). Usually, managers (especially from the larger stores) appreciate knowing when the cashiers are doing this (they never seem to do it when the managers are actually WATCHING them, at least in my experience.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elphaba- Fabala- Elphie- Fae:
Count me in among the haters of Mr. Excruciatingly Loud Bass Playing Man. Especially from the NFBSKers across the hall. The noise does wonders for my migraines. No, really, please don't be considerate and turn it down...my roommates and I are dying to hear this week's latest R&B hit played at top volume.

Although Number One by a landslide are Mr.'s "We don't need to clean up after our keg parties which we hold on a weekly basis! It's perfectly acceptable to leave our half-full beers strewn across the hallway of our apartment complex! Those beer stains on the concrete that have spread to the girls' apartment step across the hallway? Those are our doing. But even then, cleaning up is far too big a hassle for us...we're too busy getting REALLY WASTED, DOOD!!! Oh, and used condoms that sit in the hallway for weeks at a time are also not an embarassment to us. In fact, it's proof of our recent conquests! Nevermind that the other people on our floor are mortified to bring their SO over because it appears that they live in a toxic waste dump!"

When I was in college, we had an apartment of guys like that. So, on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, we girls (after the first weekend we did it, other apartments would often join in) would put on our rubber gloves and pick it all up and pile it in front of their door, with a note taped to the door that said "Your party, your mess." They were constantly running into the pyramid when they tried to come out their door (on good days, we managed to pile it such that the trash tumbled INTO their apartment as soon as the door opened [Eek!] ). Parents' Weekend is a few weeks into school. After that weekend, they mysteriously STOPPED leaving their messes in the hall -- things were cleaned up by noon of the next day. Which we considered a reasonable hour, so no further action was required. [Big Grin]

Just a suggestion.... [Wink]

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bethntim
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethntim         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manic Soprano:

Mr. Screams and throws a tantrum like the world is ending when something can't be found in the first 15 seconds of seeking it out. Loudly accuse other family members of moving it, or even deliberately hiding it. Then act like it was no big deal when it's discovered it was right where you left it. Do this daily.

I didn't know my son lived with you... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Take only pictures, leave only footprints...

Posts: 255 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickyBee
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickyBee   E-mail ChickyBee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
I knew some good would come of it.

Barbara

I’ve just spent half an hour trying to think of a decent comeback, but all I can really say is: Cleaning coffee off the keyboard and monitor. That’s three mornings in a row I’ve had to do that because of this board. [Big Grin]

And to add:

Mr ‘ This random subject completely fascinates me so I’m going to harp on about it for the next half hour, ignoring your bored looks and any attempts to change the subject’

SO & myself are addicted to Hold Em poker. I limit myself to discussing it with an equally addicted friend, SO spent near on 45 minutes telling his parents why it’s so wonderful. When the phrase ‘a great way to study human interactions and the way others influence our decisions’ is used, it’s time to… well we all just stared at him in shock.

And Ms ‘Not only do I have shallow values by which I judge your value as a person, but if you don’t measure up, you are obviously inferior to me. Oh and I have to be the first to achieve them or else I’ll bad mouth you till the cows come home.’

Her values: Full time job, mortgage, planning a wedding with hopes of a honeymoon conception. In that order.

Get pregnant unexpectedly? She did it for government hand outs/to trap him.
Working part time/casual/not at all? Too lazy to work full time.
Get engaged when you & partner have been together less time than her & her fiancée? She trapped him into it. He’s only in it for the sex/money. They barely know each other, it’ll never last.

--------------------
So many people are hung up on achievements. What did you do today? What are you planning? Sometimes, just getting through the day is an achievement in itself.

Posts: 256 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Edited because Mozilla apparently hates me and cut off half of my post.

No, no, Mozilla doesn't hate you. It's just that you were going to complain about a reely kewl band that it just hates, and, like, that makes you a dork? So, like, it was just helping you! Yeah, that's it!

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ms/Mr. when asked how are you today...says fine in such a voice and with a wan smile that you know yeah she or he is not really fine.
This could be me, but in my defense, I'm a rather private person, and it's usually in response to Mr. I'll ask you how you're doing as a way to say hello, but I don't really want an answer, and I'll be halfway down the hall before I've finished the question.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How can we forget Mr "I'll wait in line for ten minutes at a fast food restaraunt letting my mind wander, and only begin looking at the menu when it's actually my turn to order, making an excrutiatingly slow decision and delaying everyone behind me for another ten minutes."

He can also be found in the drive-through.

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you make exceptions for those of us who are too nearsighted to read the menu until we reach the counter?

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Naturally. [Smile]

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

And then there's my husband, who unfortunately is Mr. I order the same damn thing every time we come here, but I'm still going to spend five minutes contemplating once we get to the counter, because hey, this might be the one time I decide to try something new... nope, my usual, please.
Honestly, it's embarassing.

--------------------

jmcomeau
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcomeau     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. I'm going to where dark clothes in the middle of the night and jaywalk on an unlit street, then flip you off when you tap your horn at me because you almost hit me.

Two of them on my way home from work last night, one on a road where the speed limit was 50 MPH.

JMC

--------------------
Is it always this cold? Hell is so much warmer.

Posts: 166 | From: Fort Collins, CO | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seanette
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seanette   Author's Homepage   E-mail Seanette   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jmcomeau's punny bone:
Mr. I'm going to where dark clothes in the middle of the night and jaywalk on an unlit street, then flip you off when you tap your horn at me because you almost hit me.

Two of them on my way home from work last night, one on a road where the speed limit was 50 MPH.

JMC

I'll see that and raise you Mr. What's A Bicycle Light? I've nearly hit a few too many of these bozos in dark clothes at night in not-well-lit areas.
Posts: 486 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phil'sGirl
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil'sGirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ran into this one today.

Mr cashier who won't give me a bag for my books because I'm not a hot young co-ed, even though I bought more books than they did.

Asked for the manager, got a smirk, and a 'he's on vacation now, can I help you?'

No you can't you ****er, you're the ****ing problem.

I'll be stopping in when the owner is there, mostly to let him know I will no longer be shopping at a store which has such bigoted personnel.

Too bad, too, because I buy 2-300 worth of stuff there a year. Guess I'll be taking my business across the street.

--------------------
"Nobody ever looks like McCarthy, sir. That's how they get in the door in the first place" Toby on The West Wing

Posts: 816 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zorro
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zorro     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr./Ms. "Oooh, you're pregnant???!!! Let me touch your belly!!!" I don't care if you're family. If I wanted you to touch the belly, i would have said, "Wanna touch it?" [Mad]

--------------------
"Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!"
-John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Posts: 2861 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
Mr./Ms. "Oooh, you're pregnant???!!! Let me touch your belly!!!" I don't care if you're family. If I wanted you to touch the belly, i would have said, "Wanna touch it?" [Mad]

This is when you say, "Sure! Can I touch yours?"

And when they get a bit freaked out, you look confused and say, "I'm sorry, I don't think I understand this game."

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages