snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » People you hate... in general (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: People you hate... in general
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
waffles

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karmyn:
I'm not taling about stop signs or red lights. I mean people turning onto a side road or into their driveways when there is no traffic coming from the opposite direction. Especially when the road or driveway is on the same side of the road they are driving on.

That's what I'm talking about, too. Of course you need to stop if there's a stop sign or red light. But if there is neither, you don't need to come to a complete stop, although as Seaboe points out, you may need to slow way down if the driveway or street is hard to get into. This isn't just my opinion: it's what I was taught in a formal driver's ed class and what the Ohio driver's handbook says. So perhaps other states' laws may vary, but assuming there are no stop lights or signs, and no physical obstacles to the turn, I really don't think there's any need to come to a complete stop for a right turn.

Which reminds me of another one: Mr./Ms. "I'm going to slam on my brakes for this turn, then turn on my signal. Just because you know in advance that you're going to be braking, why should you warn other drivers? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
mr if there's no one available in that department then i'll shout at the receptionist. [Mad]

i explained 3 times that there's no one in that department at the moment. what do you want me to do, go and book your job in myself? there is literally no one in the office i can put you through to. shouting at me that you want us on site tomorrow is not going to get us there any quicker.

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
forcadragons
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forcadragons     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As a non-driver I have to say overly considerate drivers.

Once I was waiting to cross a two-way road (no crossing in the vicinity). A car approaching on my side of the road stopped and started waving me across the road, despite the fact that there was still a steady stream of traffic going the other way. After a matter of seconds I could tell the driver was getting fed up because I wasn't willing to stand in the middle of the road and wait. After a few more seconds, he carried on his way.

It's probably my problem. I get confused when drivers are nice instead of being b*****ds like the rest of them. So, drivers, you just get on with your business (i.e. generally ignoring pedestrians) and I'll get on with mine.

--------------------
We're sorry to bother you at such a time like this, Mrs. Twice. We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then.

Posts: 130 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troodon:
People who wear sandals or flip-flops! I don't expect agreement on this, but I think humans have ugly feet. I know it's warm, and I know that shoes and socks are uncomfortable to wear because of that (I'm certainly uncomfortable). Still, I don't want to see your feet! Please, at least wear socks.

I'll admit, I'm wearing sandals right now, but other than right now, you'd love me. After years of dancing on pointe, my toes are messed up (I won't go into detail), and I much prefer wearing my black with pink striping Vans, or my black Chuck Taylor low-tops, than sandals. With the exception of my Naots. But even those, I won't wear on a regular basis.

Mr. I'll mock what you say, then when I see you're getting testy, say "It's a joke. I love you". I'm finally getting to the point in the relationship where little things like this REALLY piss me off, even though he says he'll stop doing it. I really need to tell him off. Really REALLY need to. Especially since this is the last weekend we'll see each other until July, unless he stops by my home on the way back to Radford from Pennsylvania. Damn travelling during the most stressful time of the semester...

ETA: because "snadals" isn't a word

ETA 2.0: an opening quotation mark also needs a closing one.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stressed Nanny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stressed Nanny     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like to add "I'm a middle aged female college student and I'm doing this for MYSELF! So I don't care if this is a quiet area and youre trying to review for a test you have in an area, i'm going to gossip with my friend about how hard life is when you are taking *gasp* TWELVE hours of courses and have TWO kids! Yes, i see the sign that says "study area" and I see you shooting me dirty looks, but my FRIEND is standing here, and we need to discuss LIFE!"

Damn, you hens, shut the nfbsk up.

--------------------
"Don't you see? You're not making Christianity better, You're making rock and roll worse." -Hank Hill to the Rockin' Preacher

Posts: 299 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
unbroken
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unbroken   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr and Ms "I think it'd be a great idea to start a journal called 'Poetics Journal' when there's already a journal called 'Poetics'." Agh the confusion!!

--------------------
Oddly enough, the island of Ireland looks remarkably like a small old man driving an old Ford Fiesta.

Posts: 950 | From: Dublin | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh! Ooh! Can I start going off on my at-work rants, even though I haven't started yet?

Mr or Ms. Well I've waited in line for 20 minutes and now you're saying they have to leave?

Mr or Ms. Oh, come on! One more family? My kid's waited his/her whole life to see him! (And yet, your kid is 3 years old.)

Mr or Ms. Why did that family get to cut, and we can't, then? Because, sir or ma'am, that family has a kid that is DYING. Don't you get it? We'll let you cut when your kid has given a timeframe of how much longer they have to live, too.

Mr or Ms. Well, I don't want to wait in line. Let's see if I can get a good picture of me standing kind of close to them, and just as they turn, take the picture You assholes. There's a line. USE IT.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Ng:
[b]Cpt. Obvious[/b

Not that I hate my mom, but she is the Master of the Obvious. As a good example, last weekend I was talking to my parents on the phone. My dad mentioned that they rented the movie Jarhead recently. My mom then chimed in to inform me that that's a war movie. Technically that's not quite obvious, but I haven't been living in a cave, either. Even though I haven't seen it I was quite aware that Jarhead is a war movie.

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
quiltsbypam
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quiltsbypam   E-mail quiltsbypam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by forcadragons:
As a non-driver I have to say overly considerate drivers.

Once I was waiting to cross a two-way road (no crossing in the vicinity). A car approaching on my side of the road stopped and started waving me across the road, despite the fact that there was still a steady stream of traffic going the other way. After a matter of seconds I could tell the driver was getting fed up because I wasn't willing to stand in the middle of the road and wait. After a few more seconds, he carried on his way.

It's probably my problem. I get confused when drivers are nice instead of being b*****ds like the rest of them. So, drivers, you just get on with your business (i.e. generally ignoring pedestrians) and I'll get on with mine.

All I really want is for people who have the right-of-way to use it and not do something else. How the hell do I know what you're planning if you do something completely different? At a four-way stop, if it's your turn to go, do it. At a stoplight without an advance green, if the light changes and you're going straight, just go. Don't wave me on, don't just sit and stare and expect me to figure out what you're doing. Rights-of-way are there for a reason. If we all go by the same rules, we'll all know what to expect and go accordingly. Really.

--------------------
"No Biblical hell could ever be worse than the state of perpetual inconsequence." Beatrice in Dangerous Beauty

Posts: 1816 | From: Cayuga County, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, how about

Miss Everything I Have To Say Is More Important And Interesting Than What You Have To Say Because I'm, Like, Prettier Than You Are! [Roll Eyes]

And I'm sure this will come up over the next couple of weeks...

Mr. Blind Referee and Mr. Announcer Who Can't Possibly Be Watching The Same Game I Am.

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Unusual Elfin Lights
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unusual Elfin Lights   Author's Homepage   E-mail Unusual Elfin Lights   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Minstrel:

Mr. Blind Referee and Mr. Announcer Who Can't Possibly Be Watching The Same Game I Am.

Or could there be a Ms There Is No Way the 8th Seeded Oilers Could Have Swept the 1st Seeded Redwings. It's Not Supposed To Be Like That!

I can see it. Can you? [Wink]

Posts: 2064 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AQB, Max's DHB
Santa eBayby

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AQB, Max's DHB     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Today's favorites:
Mr. and Ms. But I Have To See It For a Class!
and their friends
Mr. and Ms. You Don't Have any Tickets Left?
Mr. and Ms. I Called Yesterday And You Said There Were Tickets
Mr. and Ms. My Friend Is In The Show And I Promised Him I'd Come And See It, Can't I Stand In The Back?
Mr. and Ms. If I Get A Standby Ticket Will I Get To See The Show?

Let's review:
Tickets have been on sale since last June.
You did not just this minute find out about the class assignment.
There were in fact tickets available yesterday. We sold them all. Sorry we didn't keep one for you.
Yes, "sold out" means we don't have any tickets left.
Your friend knows you are too much a slacker to get a ticket to see him act. He will not be surprised.
The fire marshal says you may not stand in the back, and so do I.
If you get a standby ticket you have to, uh, stand by. I have no way of knowing if there will be any returned tickets or unclaimed seats.

Wow, I feel much better.

--------------------
"The Potato Festival will never be the same without Evelena." (from an obituary in the Charleston, WV, Gazette)

Posts: 215 | From: living here in Allentown, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

That one dates back to January. NFBSKing ref's those were my SEAHAWKS you screwed with!

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UEL:
quote:

Or could there be a Ms There Is No Way the 8th Seeded Oilers Could Have Swept the 1st Seeded Redwings. It's Not Supposed To Be Like That!

Nope. [Razz]

But just so you know I watch with fairness, I argue with the refs and announcers no matter which game I am watching if I think they were wrong. Well, not the CBC announcers so much, but I used to subject Gary Thorne and Bill Clement to long diatribes. Too bad they couldn't hear me!

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Para
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
One of my favorites is Mr and/or Ms. "I'm going to tailgate you all the way up this hill, ignore your turn signal and decreasing speed, and then nearly rear-end you in surprise as you turn into your driveway". Especially when they follow it up by glaring/yelling at you/honking their horn. Well geez fella, if you were paying attention you'd have had SOME clue what I was going to do! Decreasing speed, flashing the brake lights at you, signalling.. what else do I need to do?

A close cousin of this person is the "Let's accelerate recklessly as we drive up this blind hill!" fellow. There's an intersection right at the top of it. It's been there since the town was founded. And whether you believe it or not, there's always the chance that someone's sitting up there waiting for oncoming traffic to clear so that they can execute a turn!

Another favorite is the people who insist on parking in the fire lane in front of stores. I don't mind the ones there to pick up/drop off the elderly/pregnant/or others who would be ill-served by a walk across the huge lot. That doesn't bother me. What gets me is the ones who park there just because they're apparently entitled to do so. Perhaps there's a reason for this behavior in many of these folks that I can't see, but somehow I doubt that most of them (mostly teens and college-age kids) have any condition other than laziness. And sadly, you can complain to the store managers, but they can't/won't actually go through with paging the people to move their cars or having the vehicles towed.

--------------------
"But what of the golden spider-duck and the squat crimson pig?"

Posts: 425 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ms Math Teacher has been redeemed. 'We have a quiz on Friday' and 'The review will be a quiz grade' are not the same thing.

How about those people who have their blinker on long before they turn? Or those who slow down to read the roadsign and then speed back up because they are totally lost. You can find step by step directions with maps on the internet. Use it.

Mr/Ms Tailgates with bright lights on. Blinding me while I'm driving is not a good idea. Your lights are reflecting in the rearview mirror, both side mirrors and my glasses.

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally Posted by UEL: Or could there be a Ms There Is No Way the 8th Seeded Oilers Could Have Swept the 1st Seeded Redwings. It's Not Supposed To Be Like That!

I can see it. Can you?

I'm with you on this one!

And speaking of the greatest game in the world, here's a guy I hate: Mr. I know I'm over thirty five and we're playing in a one horse town but there must be an NHL scout in the crowd so I'm going to slap at the goalie's glove and dig my stick between his legs to show that I'm a real go getter.

Let's get this clear:
1 There is no NHL scout
2 We all have jobs to go to
3 My glove is not padded on the back and I need that hand
4 I am not padded from behind and am rather attached to that piece of flesh your stick is driving into.

and last but not least

5 I have a bigger stick and can skate faster mad than you can scared!

Editted fer speling

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Northern Lite, I'm confused, In the beginning of your post it sounds like you are a goalie. But later on you state that you can skate. So which is it?

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spamamander:
quote:

That one dates back to January. NFBSKing ref's those were my SEAHAWKS you screwed with!
Oh come on! I HATE the Steelers (notice my location) and I have to say they whupped Seattle. The refs did their usual striped cane job, but the Steelers outplayed the 'Hawks

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GenYus:
Northern Lite, I'm confused, In the beginning of your post it sounds like you are a goalie. But later on you state that you can skate. So which is it?

OUCH!! [lol]

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. and Ms. I don't care that this is an academic computer lab, I'm going to talk very loudly to the people next to me.

Shut up! For the love of all that is holy, please shut! Oh, why do you not shut up already!

It's Friday, go to a bar or something.

--NewZer0 (maybe I should follow my own advice)

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ms. (but it's often been a Mr.) There's a vehicle blocking my lane, so I have the right to come into your lane and expect you to give way. Umm, no, I have the right of way in MY lane. If there is something blocking your lane and you have to go around it, YOU have to wait until the way is clear to do so. Honking your horn and glaring at me because I continued to drive toward you in MY lane is soooo not yielding. And it's not like you couldn't see me, we were heading in opposite directions, so we were heading TOWARD each other, doofus!

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That gives me an idea for a new math problem.

Mr Jones and Mr Smith live 2 mile apart. They both get into their car at the same time and travel towards eachother on a two lane road. Mr Jones travels at a sedate 30 mph while Mr Smith travels at a suicidal speed of 50mph. Right before they meet, Mr Smith encounters a vehicle turning right in his lane then pulls around him plowing into Mr Jones. How many EMT's does it take to pry Mr Smiths dumb ass out of his car?

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
monkey
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my, I've got a few of these!

Mr. I need to drop off my girlfriend here so I'm going to stop right in the middle of the road and wait for her to come 'round and kiss me goodbye, even though I'm exactly two feet away from a parking space and you're waiting for me to move

Mr. and Ms. We can't possibly think of a more efficient way to do this group project than to sit here all together and research and make the powerpoint, and no, it wouldn't be smarter to do our own parts separately on our own time, why, do you have a life or something?

Mrs. As a teacher I feel it is my duty to inform you that your major requires X (which it doesn't) and consequently freak you out and make you fear that you won't be graduating on schedule, even though all of this is none of my business because I don't even teach in your department

--------------------
http://sarahdwebber.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1490 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. and Ms. I disagree with your country's tipping customs, so I'm going to stiff you. Then when you come to visit my country, I'll call you an ugly American.

Mr. I'm attracted to you, therefore you must be attracted to me. If you decline my offer to buy you a drink, or my request that you drop your pants right here on the dance floor and engage in relations with me, you must be a frigid bitch. Or a dyke.

Ms. Hijack every single class discussion on gender with a diatribe on how women are oppressed and therefore can't be held responsible for their actions. Because arguing that women are helpless is going to advance the cause of feminism.

Mr. and Ms. I'm bisexual, therefore everyone on earth must be bisexual. People who claim otherwise are repressing half of their sexuality. And I know what that sexuality is better than they do.

Mr. and Ms. Too lazy to remove their screaming child from the restaurant, movie theater, or concert hall.

Mr. and Ms. I smoke a pack a day (and buy big brands a pack at a time, to ensure maximum expense) and then complain about not getting enough financial aid.

Ms. I can't believe you won't let me crash at your place indefinitely after my roommates kicked me out for blowing my rent money on new clothes and I'm too cool to live with my parents for a while while I get my act together, so it's all your fault I'm homeless.

There are others, I'm sure...

Esprise "chip? What chip?" Me

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

quote:
quote:

You were saying? [Wink]

--------------------

Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. I Know My Dog Barks All Day and Night, But Since I'm Not Home to Listen to It, It's Your Problem, Not Mine.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

You were saying? [Wink]
Yeah, but it took them four and a half periods in their own arena to do it. Just wait till they hit Edmonchuk!! Go Oilers!!

Northern *I'm changing my number to Roli's* Lite

--------------------

Cabcere
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cabcere   E-mail Cabcere   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Esprise Me, I know what you mean about the bisexual thing. I have a few friends who are bi, and luckily they don't usually go down that route, but I've definitely heard it before and it annoys me. (Believe me, after some of the experiences I've had with men I sometimes think it would be easier to date women, but I'm just not attracted to other females. Really.)

I have a few others of my own to add to the list:

Professor "I'm Going To E-mail The Outline That I Expect You All To Print Out And Bring To Class Today Fifteen Minutes Before Said Class Starts." Now maybe I'm being a bit of a hypocrite on this one, since I tend to be quite a procrastinator myself, but really, this is starting to get annoying. This class is my first one of the day, so usually I'm all right, since the lecture hall is only about a ten-minute walk from my dorm. However, there are a lot of people who have class directly before this one and don't have time to access a computer, check e-mail, and print out the outline in the ten minutes or less between classes.

Mr. or Ms. "I Hate [Artist/Band/Movie/Whatever] So Therefore It Is A Universal Truth That [He/She/It/They] Suck(s), And If You Disagree You Are Wrong And Stupid." People who present their opinion as fact and ridicule those who disagree with them really, really, REALLY irritate me. I should probably stop there, before I type anything seriously NFBSK that I'm going to regret later. [Wink]

Edited because Mozilla apparently hates me and cut off half of my post.

Posts: 56 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Molasses Cellany
Deck the Malls

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Molasses Cellany   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cabcere:
Mr. or Ms. "I Hate [Artist/Band/Movie/Whatever] So Therefore It Is A Universal Truth That [He/She/It/They] Suck(s), And If You Disagree You Are Wrong And Stupid." People who present their opinion as fact and ridicule those who disagree with them really, really, REALLY irritate me.

I was just thinking about this one earlier. Generally I'm the live-and-let-live type. If someone says they really like a show/band/movie I don't like, I'll just say "I don't like that show/band/movie." Is it so unreasonable to expect the same from others?

"I like Rammstein."
"Rammstein sucks!"
"'k, I won't play my CDs around you without headphones."
"Only losers listen to Rammstein!"
[Roll Eyes] "So I'm a loser. I won't hang around you anymore and tarnish your precious reputation by listening to music I like as opposed to the flavor-of-the-month."
"You should listen to Green Day!"
"...goodbye."

I've been through this before, multiple times. *sigh* It was one of the factors leading up to the 'eep scary outcast girl' rep I built up at one point. Yes, I'm scary because I won't listen to Green Day.

My addition to the list: Mr. I want to have a bunch of dogs, but I won't train them at all because that's unnatural! There used to be one of those down the street. The dogs got loose all the time, and they were scary. We'd call animal control on 'em if we saw them on our part of the street.

--------------------
Not Mandatory

Posts: 398 | From: Yuma, AZ | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChickyBee:
Being pregnant has completely destroyed any reservations I’ve ever had about arguing with strangers for their stupidity.

I knew some good would come of it.

Barbara " [Big Grin] " Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr./Ms I have no money for food, but I have plenty of beer and cigarettes.
I understand that these can be addictions, but seriously, food is more important.

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 202 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Mr. and Ms. I'm bisexual, therefore everyone on earth must be bisexual. People who claim otherwise are repressing half of their sexuality. And I know what that sexuality is better than they do.
I used to know someone like this. He's been the basis for a lot of my posts in this thread.

The related, obnoxious types:

• Mr. I'm Gay, So Everyone Must Be (at least a little) Gay;
  • Mr. Anyone Can Be Straight With Enough Prayer/Meditation/Medication/Whatever.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I were bi, I'd probably hate this type that I've heard of: Mr/Ms There Are No Bisexuals, Only Homosexuals in Denial.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages