snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » SLC Central » Rantidote » People you hate... in general (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: People you hate... in general
Baked Craziness
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baked Craziness   E-mail Baked Craziness   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How about Mr./Mrs. I don't need to pull over to allow these emergency vehicles by, I'm sure they'll get through ok

Before I moved to Delaware, I never saw such disregard for emergency vehicles. They even make it hard for the people who do want to pull over and let them by to actually do so.

All I can say is that one day it may be their loved one who can't make it to the hospital on time all because some d#*&head couldn't spare the 10 seconds to let their ambulance pass.

--------------------
If you find yourself in a hole, rule #1 would be to stop digging.

Posts: 109 | From: Delaware | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 501 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a very specific one but since I've spent the morning beating my head against the wall I will add it. I hate Mr I just called to let you know that I am dropping out of your theatre production three weeks before it is due to go on and I have just scheduled two of your actors to work the nights of your play but since I am on the Theatre Troupe executive I am going to give you supreme hell because now you have to cancel.

NFBSKING, NFBSKING NFBSKER !!!

There, I feel better now...except for the aneurism

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenAthene:
Miss - I'm a Pedestrian at Wal-Mart so i'll just stop in the middle of the road and yell at my hubby to buy something real quick while my kids are hanging out of the kart. And wait. In the middle of the road.

I saw a variation of this in Toronto once. And not just anywhere in Toronto, but at the corner of Dundas and Yonge Sts., possibly the busiest intersection in the city. It's right at the heart of downtown Toronto, so of course someone in a car decides to stop and have a conversation with a friend on the sidewalk. Then the friend on the sidewalk calls over more friends to make it a true reunion during rush hour.

They did get theirs, though: some of the less-impressed motorists decided to yell, "What the **** is wrong with you?!?" at the top of their lungs. I applauded.

Some people are idiots. What can I say?

Speaking of ...

Mr. I Can't Believe You Listen To That Kind Of Crap! He insists on telling you your preferred music has no merit/is too commercial/is otherwise not "music." Meanwhile, he listens to stuff that could only make sense on an acid trip -- and is so proud of this, that he thinks it makes him better than you.

Of course, his musical opinions are always unsolicited.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nazmazh
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nazmazh   E-mail Nazmazh   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, excellent another place where I can vent about:

"The Power-Tripping Narcissitic RA Roommate"

Does no work, blunders home loudly in the dead of night, waking everyone up in the process, steals food, skips class and through it all thinks he is the cock-of-the-walk because he has a tiny shred of authority, which he only uses when the breaking of the rules doesn't suit him.

I suppose that that is a specific person I have in mind there.

I will also add

The "White-Middle-Class-Suburban Rap-Is-My-Life-Affirming-Musical-Art-Form Guy"

Which isn't to say that white guys can't like rap, it just seems silly how they talk about the "poetry of the streets" when the closest they've been to "the streets" is driving through the downtown area while on the way to the sports area on the other side of the city. They defend the genre as though it were the collective works of Bethoveen, Mozart and Bach combined and as though it mirrors their lives completely, while we all know that they've never been confronted by any of the situations of violence and exploitation that they so gleefully sing along with.

And they have the nerve to call my Classic Rock noise.

--------------------
The Answer is 42

Posts: 36 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baked Craziness:
How about Mr./Mrs. I don't need to pull over to allow these emergency vehicles by, I'm sure they'll get through ok

Before I moved to Delaware, I never saw such disregard for emergency vehicles. They even make it hard for the people who do want to pull over and let them by to actually do so.

All I can say is that one day it may be their loved one who can't make it to the hospital on time all because some d#*&head couldn't spare the 10 seconds to let their ambulance pass.

It's actually the law in Ontario that if you see an emergency vehicle with lights flashing, you pull over.

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Algae
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 88 posted      Profile for Algae   Author's Homepage   E-mail Algae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
This one knows no gender bounds, but it's the Know-It-All Coworker. Every topic under discussion, this coworker has an opinion.

Zorro, I have that cow-orker, too. Only, he's admitted that if he doesn't know anything about the subject being discussed he'll make stuff up just sound smarter.

Grrrr....

I dislike Mrs. I can't see over my steering wheel, so I'll drive 15 mph below the speed limit. I get behind this lady on the way to work all the time.

--------------------
Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive!

Posts: 1957 | From: Southeast Michigan | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
Mr Lovely Man That I Want To Do Naughty Things With Who Hasn't Answered My Email [Frown]

My computer crashed. Resend! [lol]

Now back to seriousness...

I hate Mr. I Believe Everyone Is Entitled To Listen To The Bass Speakers In My Car - Inside Their Own Houses At Three In The Morning.

When I am Emperor, these people will ALL be executed. ALL OF THEM.

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bethntim
Deck the Malls

Icon 501 posted      Profile for bethntim         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. Video Store Clerk Who Feels It Necessary To Ruin All the Endings of the Movies I Am Renting
and his counterpart:
Mr. Video Store Clerks Co-Worker Who Feels it Necessary to tell Me that the Video I am Renting in Effect "SUCKS"
Hey geniuses, there's a reason I'm renting these movies, it's because I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM YET!!! Keep your opinions to yourself, NFBSKers!

--------------------
Take only pictures, leave only footprints...

Posts: 255 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThistleS:
Miss I'm Going to Call Ten Times a Day for your Boss who's Never In the Office but I Don't Wish to Leave a Message. Oh and I Have a Heavy Asian Accent and Speech Impediment. Lady, I don't know how to tell you this, but my boss is never going to be available to talk at the exact moment you call. This is why we have me, a message taker, aka receptionist.

she rings you too, huh? [Big Grin]

can we add to her; Ms I'll Hold For 30 Seconds And Ring Back To See If They Are Free Yet (no, they are not. if they were, i'd have put you through. as it is, i'm not putting you through now even if they are free, cos you pissed me off with your constant hanging-up-ringing-back routine), and Mr I Don't Need To Tell A Receptionist Which Project I'm Calling About. i can't put you through until i know who is dealing with that job. oh, you won't give me the name of the job because it's 'none of my business'? well that attitude is going to get you everywhere with me! carry on being rude! [fish]

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
oooh, ooh, i forgot. i'm not even goign to bother with a name for this woman, but someone i work with just makes stuff up, like "i had one, but someone stepped on it and it broke" when i have literally *just* said that the only people to have them were me and two other women. you were not even with the company then!! just like you weren't with the company when ian cocked up the phone system, so don't go telling me he didn't, because WE BOTH KNOW YOU WEREN'T THERE.

i like this thread.

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Baked Craziness

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baked Craziness   E-mail Baked Craziness   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TwoGuyswithaHat:
quote:

It's actually the law in Ontario that if you see an emergency vehicle with lights flashing, you pull over.
It is a law here as well. I believe it's a law in all 50 states to do so. That's what boggles my mind. Blatant disregard for not only the law, but basic humanity as well.

--------------------
If you find yourself in a hole, rule #1 would be to stop digging.

Posts: 109 | From: Delaware | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seanette
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 03 posted      Profile for Seanette   Author's Homepage   E-mail Seanette   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

That's been the law in both places I've been licensed (Oregon and California). AFAIK, that's the case everywhere.

Of course, Mr./Ms. "I'm too important to pull over for that ambulance/fire truck/cop. I'm sure the emergency can wait so I don't have to slow down by even a second" exists and probably kills people everywhere. [flame]

I'll second the vote for Mr. "Everyone for a block around HAS to hear my bass pounding away at 0-dark-30. No one needs to sleep so they can go to work, after all". (Note: as far as I've observed, this offender is always male. I've never seen a female offender in this category.)

He's right up there, IMO, with Mr./Ms. "Sure, everyone in my apartment building and probably a few nearby ones wants to hear MY stereo, not their own" (this one also tends toward "quiet hours? That CAN'T mean ME").

Posts: 486 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr/s I don't need to take all of the seeds out of the fruit cup because there are more in the fridge of Au Bon Pain

Thanks to you, I may now have a cracked tooth. THANKS! Just what I always wanted- a cavity that needs to be filled right when I get home, ALL 4 of my wisdom teeth removed, and now THIS? All in the 2 1/2 weeks I have between school and me internship! NFBSK you!

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms. Kringle
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Kringle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. I'm-Going-To-Work-On-My-Car-At-Six-AM . That was my neighbor. At six in the morning, on SATURDAY MORNING. There are plenty of cars that RUN around that place, and plenty of people going in and out. It didn't help when one of the women that lives there came out and yelled at him, and he said, "I want to do it now, and that way, it'll be fixed when I WANT to go someplace!"

At six in the morning on SATURDAY? No, let me kill you. Really. You deserve death.

Right behind him?
Mr. Working-On-My-Property-With-A-Wood-Chipper-At-7AM. That was SUNDAY morning. Yes, Easter Sunday, and the guy has a WOOD CHIPPER going, at 7AM, when I am trying to sleep, like any good heathen would!

I have inconsiderate neighbors, what can I say?

--------------------
Beware corporate zombies! They will purchase your brain on E-Bay!

Posts: 2310 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
First Of Two, I'd like to apply for the position of Royal Executionor.

Cervus, are you sure your mom and mine aren't clones?

Anyway.

Mr Politician who know better than I do how to live my life and is going to take choice out of the equation Die. Slowly. Painfully.

Ms. I hate my job so I'm going to make life as difficult as possible for my customersI called, you said the script would be ready at 1. I show up at 2. The script isn't ready. You know what would have been dandy? I'm sorry, I screwed up, let me get that filled for you." You know what pissed me off? I don't know, talk to the pharmacist. Pharmacist: It will be another hour and you have to go to the back of the line.

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bored and Dangerous
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored and Dangerous   Author's Homepage   E-mail Bored and Dangerous   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'll second the vote for Mr. "Everyone for a block around HAS to hear my bass pounding away at 0-dark-30. No one needs to sleep so they can go to work, after all". (Note: as far as I've observed, this offender is always male. I've never seen a female offender in this category.)
I will now nominate my downstairs female neighbor and my upstairs catty-corner female neighbor as the first ones in this category. One plays Texicana music (upstairs) and the other plays mindless rap (downstairs) at strange hours of the day. I'll go on to add Mr/Ms Slams The Door So Hard The Whole Apartment Building Feels It category and the Mr/Ms Talks So Loud I Can Hear Every Word You Say Through My Apartment Walls category.

--------------------
My blog

Watch?? I'm gonna pray, man! Know any good religions?--Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posts: 2366 | From: Harrisonburg, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James D
Deck the Malls

Icon 03 posted      Profile for James D   E-mail James D   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Officer tailgater. If you're in a hurry, turn on your lights or siren. Otherwise, try to set a good example for other drivers by keeping proper following distance and speed. I've seen the sign, I know the limit - and I'm at it. Probably related to officer 'hollywood stop', who makes the same rolling stops that he cites everyone else for.

--------------------
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale.
Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - )

Posts: 244 | From: Ventura, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jocko's Jolly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jocko's Jolly   E-mail Jocko's Jolly   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. K:
Mr. I'm-Going-To-Work-On-My-Car-At-Six-AM . That was my neighbor. At six in the morning, on SATURDAY MORNING. There are plenty of cars that RUN around that place, and plenty of people going in and out. It didn't help when one of the women that lives there came out and yelled at him, and he said, "I want to do it now, and that way, it'll be fixed when I WANT to go someplace!"

At six in the morning on SATURDAY? No, let me kill you. Really. You deserve death.

Right behind him?
Mr. Working-On-My-Property-With-A-Wood-Chipper-At-7AM. That was SUNDAY morning. Yes, Easter Sunday, and the guy has a WOOD CHIPPER going, at 7AM, when I am trying to sleep, like any good heathen would!

I have inconsiderate neighbors, what can I say?

Check your local noise ordinances. A lot of places have ordinances that don't allow loud noises before certain times (I think usually something like 8 am on weekends). And a loud noise can be anything from a lawn mower on up. If you have such, a call to the cops will brring them out to check usually, then they can tell the NFBSKer to quiet down, without you having to get involved. If you have a HOA, they can sometimes get involved, too, depending on your covenants.

--------------------
Like every good third-in-a-series it contains a whole load of ewoks, ‘Clubber’ Lang, whey-faced Sophia Coppola, Sean Connery as the Pirate Captain’s estranged dad, a crappy CGI alien, and Richard Pryor on a donkey. -- Gideon Defoe

Posts: 2211 | From: Harford County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
First of Two
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First of Two   Author's Homepage   E-mail First of Two   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by glisp42:
First Of Two, I'd like to apply for the position of Royal Executionor.

Thanks, but I'm filling the post myself. I'm the only one I can trust not to weaken and develop a wussy conscience when they start bawling.

--------------------
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide." - Jerry Pournelle

Posts: 14567 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pogue Ma-humbug
Happy Christmas (Malls are Open)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pogue Ma-humbug   E-mail Pogue Ma-humbug   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by murmurzz:
Two vehicle related gripes:

The "I see there's a total of zero cars behind you, but I absolutely must pull out of this driveway/side street to get in front of you, and proceed to go 5-10 miles under the speed limit" schmoe.

And, the "I'm completely aware that you're waiting behind me and there's no way you can pass me, but I need to drop off my passenger and talk to them for several minutes before allowing them to mosey off" type.

There's a reason they put horns on cars. This is a place to use it.

Pogue

--------------------
Let's drink to the causes in your life:
Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Posts: 11325 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pork Chop
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 03 posted      Profile for Pork Chop   E-mail Pork Chop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, time to add my favorite,

Mr My beer is waaaay more important than you!. Once, when I was at UDF, I had an Xbox mag, and an ice cream cone. Nothing too big or expensive, and all of a sudden, Big mullet torn denim vest with missing teeth and confederate flag tattoo guy cuts in front of me with a couple of 12 packs of Bud.
I try to be polite, this is how the conversation went (word for word)

Me: Excuse me, I was in front of you.
Him: No you weren't.
Me: Yes, I was. Please move, sir.
Him: I'm not moving. I have a girlfriend waiting for me out in the car, and I don't want to make her wait.
Me: I was in front of you. Please move. You have moved in front of me, so may I PLEASE have my place in line back?
Him: NFBSK! Will you just NFBSKing SHUT UP! I swear to NFBSKing GOD!

I put away the magazine, threw down a couple of bucks for the ice cream, and, in passing said,
"yeah, I can see why you need all that beer. That girlfriend of yours is one ugly chick."

Not exactly the most cutting remark, but the clerk had to stifle a laugh, and Mr Beer gave me the most angry look.

--------------------
Have you heard the Word?
Praise Hircine!

Posts: 283 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Prelude in G Minor

Icon 03 posted      Profile for Prelude in G Minor     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a moose:
Miss Oh, you're not interested in joining our sorority? Then I'll blow cigarette smoke in your face.

Mr. Can't you quit that sneezing? It's disturbing the class whiny lil rhymes-with-wussy that is Mrs. Slocom's term for her cat

All the Mr.'s and Miss's ThisweekendisQuadfest,IamgoingtogetSOwasted!Oh my god!Where are you going this weekend?. It may still be the weekend that WOULD HAVE BEEN Quadfest, except you drunken dipshits made the new president cancel it*. Not that I care about it.

Ugh...I really hate college kids sometimes--and I am one! [Roll Eyes]

How about Ms. I have to get on my cell phone right after class ends and tell someone, anyone that I just got out of class? Does your friend really care? Come on, what a waste of energy and minutes.

Or Ms. Talks as the Prof. is teaching and then complains that she "doesn't get it..." and "this is stupid..."

Arrgh. People!

--------------------
Bad music affects me, but good music affects me even more.

Posts: 191 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Anyte
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anyte   E-mail Anyte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ms. I am going to call the doctor's office then put the receptionist on hold because she doesn't have anything better to do than listen to hold music.

Mr. I'm gonna leave the wrong phone number and have to call back in 30 seconds because I didn't realize I wasn't at my house and I gave you my home number.

Total lack of foresight person.

The thing that I wish people would realize is, no matter what your problem is, 9 times out of 10, the person answering the phone didn't cause it.

--------------------
Too broke to pay attention

Posts: 452 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let us not forget Ms Stopping here in the car park near the entrence because sooner or later someone will vacate their parking spot when there is a totally empty car park less than 10 yards away.

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a law here as well. I believe it's a law in all 50 states to do so. That's what boggles my mind. Blatant disregard for not only the law, but basic humanity as well.

I believe much of this is due to Mr. and Mrs. Cell Phone Permamently Attached to Side of Head or Music Set on Stun. A lot of people aren't paying a bit of attention to their surroundings as they drive and don't even realize the emergency vehicles are there.

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 606 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
I hate Mr. I Believe Everyone Is Entitled To Listen To The Bass Speakers In My Car - Inside Their Own Houses At Three In The Morning.

I actually have little fantasies sometimes about what I'd like to do to people like that. The fantasies usually involve punching out their windows in order to smash up their sound systems, followed by force-feeding them their own idiotic spin rims.

Oh, my God. As I type this, there is a NFBSK-head parked in front of my house with bass so loud the glass is vibrating in my window panes. Oh lovely. Now all the car alarms are going off. I effing hate this neighborhood.

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr "I Love MTV Soooooo Deep Down Much, That I'm Going to Share It With You Through Paper Thin Walls at 3AM on a Tuesday Night."

But revenge is a bitch. [Wink]

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
katsalittleyellowsongbird
The Spice Is Right

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katsalittleyellowsongbird     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OOhhh FoT if you really promise to make the bass-blasters die painfully, I will champion your campaign for Emperor. I lose my mind when NFBSKers drive around like that. My husband has learned to pull me out of hearing distance of them in public places so I don't get my butt kicked.
May I also suggest the addition of "Mr or Ms I am not listening to what you are saying so Ill get snarky and impatient" to the list? My principal does this, which is infuriating
P:"Why is Susie behaving like this?"
Me:"Well, in workimg with her, I believe it's a behavioral issue, not a therapeutic issue"
P:"Yes but do you think it's a therapeutic issue?"
Me:"Umm.."
I have noticed it with customer service people as well....they need smiting....mightily...

Posts: 73 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
piper
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for piper   Author's Homepage   E-mail piper   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nurple:
quote:

I actually have little fantasies sometimes about what I'd like to do to people like that. The fantasies usually involve punching out their windows in order to smash up their sound systems, followed by force-feeding them their own idiotic spin rims.

Oh, my God. As I type this, there is a NFBSK-head parked in front of my house with bass so loud the glass is vibrating in my window panes. Oh lovely. Now all the car alarms are going off. I effing hate this neighborhood.

I just listened to one of these guys go down the street — the bass actually just came out as this rattling, pounding sound. I don't think he even had music to go with it. But I just laugh now. Hearing loss will be a NFBSK someday.

How about:
- Ms. I Just Had a Baby Monday, So I'm Outside Smoking Today While Waiting for My Infant Formula From WIC. Smoker? Fine. I'm all for freedom (and a ciggy every now and again). But a carton in Illinois is over $45, and you're getting help with your infant formula? I know that stuff's expensive too — maybe you should quit smoking so as to better afford it yourself. Also, something tells me you didn't take a break from smoking just because you were pregnant.
- Ms. My Child is Exhausting, So I give Up, Because I'm Too Tired to Deal With Him. Ma'am, I'd appreciate if you'd at least pull him off the ceiling. It makes me nervous to have him hanging over my head like that.

--------------------
"I shoot and crochet. I cook and mow the lawn. These things are not contradictions."
-pirateslife

Posts: 377 | From: Southern Illinois | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
About 4 years ago I was working drive through at a Hardees when a Bass Thumper came through the line. He rolled down his window and I expected to hear some kind of music, ya know someone rapping over it or some kinda techno thing. Nope, just beats. I'm thinking (George Carlin voice) WHY!!! What's the point of playing nothing but beats?

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
The "move slowly down the sidewalk in an oblivious group and stop completely for no apparent reason" players. You can't pass them, you can't split them up, you can't get their attention.

This reminds me of a good one. Oh dear NY you are NOT in the city.

"It says don't walk and the light just turned green so I'll walk anyways" people
Thanks for screwing up my left green arrow!

ETA: "I also won't speed up when the light changes from red to green because I have a stroller or because you have no where to be"

Come on people! I saw two elderly ladies (one had a cane too) and they made it across with a second left!! Reminded me of the 81 yr old jaywalker.

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cabcere
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cabcere   E-mail Cabcere   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Prelude in G Minor:
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey is a moose:
Miss Oh, you're not interested in joining our sorority? Then I'll blow cigarette smoke in your face.

Mr. Can't you quit that sneezing? It's disturbing the class whiny lil rhymes-with-wussy that is Mrs. Slocom's term for her cat

All the Mr.'s and Miss's ThisweekendisQuadfest,IamgoingtogetSOwasted!Oh my god!Where are you going this weekend?. It may still be the weekend that WOULD HAVE BEEN Quadfest, except you drunken dipshits made the new president cancel it*. Not that I care about it.

Ugh...I really hate college kids sometimes--and I am one! [Roll Eyes]

How about Ms. I have to get on my cell phone right after class ends and tell someone, anyone that I just got out of class? Does your friend really care? Come on, what a waste of energy and minutes.

Or Ms. Talks as the Prof. is teaching and then complains that she "doesn't get it..." and "this is stupid..."

Arrgh. People!

Oh, I hear you. Drunken idiots REALLY get on my nerves, especially if they're rolling around in the hall right outside your door, screaming, laughing, and vomiting all over each other while yelling about things that are most definitely NFBSK while you're on the phone with your mom... Not like that's ever happened to me, of course. [Roll Eyes]

And closely related to your Ms. "Talks As The Prof Is Teaching And Then Whines Because She 'Doesn't Get It'" is somebody who I'll call Mr. "I Know More Than The Prof About This Subject So I'm Going To Talk Very Loudly To The Girl Beside Me, Stopping My Discussion With Her Only To Argue About Points With The Prof To Demonstrate My Superior Knowledge." [fish]

Bah. I'm sure there are other people I could think of, but I've been doing quite a bit of spleen-venting tonight and so I'm kind of tired. [Wink]

Posts: 56 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tantei Kijo
The First USA Noel

Icon 402 posted      Profile for Tantei Kijo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tantei Kijo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

He's got 'em on a list. He's got 'em on a list. And they'd none of them be missed. They'd none of them be missed.

I can't think of anyone who hasn't been covered-- somehow this makes me sad.

--------------------
Bender: Though you may have to make a metaphorical "deal with the devil". And by "devil", I mean the robot devil, and by "metaphorically" I mean get your coat. ------------ My sad site: A new way to be bored.

Posts: 722 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Give it time Tantei Kid, I'm sure there'll be a few.

My downstairs neighbour (I suspect he's been sufficiently yelled at by other neighbours that he's now behaving himself) when he first moved in combined several of these personalities all in one ageing, alcoholic body. Rolling Stones at full volume at 3am? Check. Getting angry and yelling when neighbours pound on the walls to get him to shut the NFBSK up? Check. Deciding to take up DIY at 5am? Check. I can still hear his TV in the evenings but only in my lounge and I usually have my TV or stereo on so his is only faint background (yes, I can still hear it). He's been okay for a while now. Methinks there was a threat to call the police and/or his landlord.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dancing Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Dancing Dragon   E-mail Dancing Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. and Mrs. Won't-Offer-Me-The-Job-I-Apply-For-Even-Though-A-Monkey-With-Brain-Cancer-Could-Do-It.

Are the monkeys less expensive or something? I've been jobhunting for months, applying to every store, fast food place and temp agency in my city, and I haven't gotten a single damn callback! What's the freakin' deal!?

Posts: 213 | From: Point of Rocks, MD | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages