snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » New Zealand job offer: condom tester

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Zealand job offer: condom tester
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Condom manufacturer Durex is looking for test pilots of its products, and says New Zealanders were chosen because they are among the most sexually active and adventurous in the world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061212/od_afp/healthnzealandoffbeat_061212214724

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*Note to self: If anything should ever happen to my beloved bride... plan a road trip to New Zealand...

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ComicBookGeek
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComicBookGeek     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd do that for minimum wage and no benefits

--------------------
My Blog

Posts: 177 | From: Mobile, AL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stormfeather
Silver Sells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stormfeather   E-mail Stormfeather   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I dunno if i'd say "no benefits" *winkwinknudgenudge*...

--------------------
-,-'-,-<<0

This space for rent

Posts: 275 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There is just one small hitch: it's testing. This means that some will fail.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Biggles
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggles   E-mail Biggles   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mmmh - I live in Auckland NZ, and sounds interesting, (not that I need condoms) but I followed the link & it just another marketing promo from Durex.

Went to 'Big Boys Toys' show recently in Auckland (cars, consoles and & motorbikes, not what you are thinking) and Durex where there handing out condoms for free as well. Funnest thing I saw was a little boy about 5 carting a blown up alien balloon walking up and sticking out his hand for more freebies.. when the hostess declined him he then looked puzzled & asked her what they were.. she recommended that he ask his parents ;-)

Posts: 83 | From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
There is just one small hitch: it's testing. This means that some will fail.

They're condoms. Some will fail.

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
They're condoms. Some will fail.
Sure, but experimental condoms can probably be expected to fail more often.

Who knows, they might even fail more spectacularly, such as a nuclear meltdown!

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
XhiXhi
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 302 posted      Profile for XhiXhi   E-mail XhiXhi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ohhhh... tester! I've just worked a long night shift (so a little short on brain power)and until I followed the link I thought they were recruiting condom tasters. [lol]

--------------------
"A solitary killer, the fire-truck can consume eight times its own weight in prey...the ambulances will have to wait their turn"

"I'm wearing a f**king evil butterfly costume...what age group do you think is going to be attracted to me?"

Posts: 51 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
stalker
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stalker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This just reminded me of my horoscope on The Onion a while ago. Leo.

--------------------
Fetishists Unite! Anti-Fetishists Untie!

Posts: 215 | From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages