snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » Fetishes! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Fetishes!
Elbe
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elbe   Author's Homepage   E-mail Elbe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Depends on how short. Shoulder length is fine, but hair that's at least past the ears looks better than anything shorter. Of course that preference wouldn't really take precidence over a relationship if I were ever in one.

--------------------
Nobody loves Elbe...
-The Adventure of the Avatar Tutorials (3/29)

Posts: 2776 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh. Just wondered since you specifically mentioned cancer-donaters.

I find shaved heads really sexy on men and women. My man looks positively scary with a shaved head and I love it.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elbe
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elbe   Author's Homepage   E-mail Elbe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
cancer doneraters are pretty much the only bald women I've ever seen, save movies and tv.

--------------------
Nobody loves Elbe...

Posts: 2776 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elbe:
cancer doneraters are pretty much the only bald women I've ever seen, save movies and tv.

Are you sure you haven't been seeing cancer patients? I've never seen a woman whose head was shaved in the course of donating hair. It's certainly not a requirement for donating: the shaved bits are useless. The donor would have to specifically ask to have her head shaved after the donated hank of hair was cut off.

Cancer patients, OTOH, sometimes shave their heads when they start to lose their hair as a side effect of their treatment.

[hijack]I know a woman with a shaved head. When she came out to her family as a lesbian, they disowned her, and she developed alopecia from the stress. Her hair looked so bad that she shaved her head, and she decided she liked the way she looked. [/hijack]

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elbe
Little Sales Drummer Boy

No, it was donaters. Fully shaving their heads may have been more symbolic than neccesary, but I do seem to recall it. I can't say that I've ever actually seen a bald cancer patient, or if I have it was either a very brief sighting or they were wearing a wig.

--------------------
Nobody loves Elbe...

Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elbe:
No, it was donaters. Fully shaving their heads may have been more symbolic than neccesary, but I do seem to recall it.

I have heard of the friends and family of cancer patients shaving their own heads in solidarity with the cancer patient. There's really nothing "symbolic" about donating hair for a cancer patient's wig.

quote:
I can't say that I've ever actually seen a bald cancer patient, or if I have it was either a very brief sighting or they were wearing a wig.
Or they didn't share their medical status with you.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elbe
Little Sales Drummer Boy

I meant symbolic that they fully shaved their hair instead of just donating most of it.

Of course I could be mistaken, it was years ago and my memory is rather poor.

--------------------
Nobody loves Elbe...

Tequila Mockingbird
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tequila Mockingbird   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tequila Mockingbird   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Going back to Ana NG's comment about accents... yes, accents are sexy! I too am a fan of the Irish accent (I'm not too fussy about the region to be honest) and the Scottish accent is lovely too (just got back from Edinburgh, it was heaven!).

I don't know, maybe I watch too much TV but American and Canadian accents can be rather tasty too.

I don't know where my hair thing comes from... I remember protesting rather vigilantly to people touching my hair when I was younger.

--------------------
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face."
I said, "You'll be sorry."
He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?"
I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well"

Posts: 49 | From: Teesside, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tequila Mockingbird:
I don't know, maybe I watch too much TV but American and Canadian accents can be rather tasty too.

Which American accent? I have a feeling mine would bore you to tears.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A few things which, while not technically fetishes in the literal sense, turn me on more then you'd think

- Another vote for glasses, especially the thick framed Lisa Loeb, Tina Fey style.

- This is very hard to explain but it seems that I like "strong" features on a woman more then most guys. I don't mind large noses, strong chins or brows, or other features. I've had many women who I find gorgeous described as "mannish" by others. I mean I find a lot of women with softer more, for lack of a better term, "feminine" features beautiful as well, but a face that is more "handsome" then "cute" is often beautiful to me as well.

- Body hair - it honestly doesn't bother me, and I find that light "peach fuzz" hair that some women have very sexy. My only issue is with legs... ladies either save them consistently or not at all. Leg hair doesn't bother me, leg stubble on the other hand... *shudder*

- Women who snort when they laugh. I have literally fell in love with people over that.

- Scars, especially burns. I know its weird but I love scars on women. I once knew a girl who had a honestly beautiful burn/road rash covering her upper arm and shoulder from a motorcycle crash.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tequila Mockingbird
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tequila Mockingbird   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tequila Mockingbird   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well Amigone, I don't think I could pinpoint a geographical location for my choice of American accent. I think it all depends on intonation and pronunciation too. And I'm a bit of a grammar nerd too... good grammar is hot.
Perhaps you could call me and I can assess how nice your voice is [Razz]

Joe, I used to snort when I laughed but stopped myself from doing it a few years ago because I have a rather... loud giggle and it was super noticable and embarrassing. If I get into a full blown fit of laughter it creeps back though.

--------------------
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face."
I said, "You'll be sorry."
He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?"
I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well"

Posts: 49 | From: Teesside, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amigone201
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amigone201   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Well Amigone, I don't think I could pinpoint a geographical location for my choice of American accent. I think it all depends on intonation and pronunciation too. And I'm a bit of a grammar nerd too... good grammar is hot.
Perhaps you could call me and I can assess how nice your voice is [Razz]

Somehow, I don't think I could square that one with my girlfriend [Smile]

I speak with what I'd consider the standard, flat, TV announcer voice. The accent TV and movie characters use when they're supposed to be from No Specific Place, USA.

--------------------
Check out my blog! http://fundiewatch.blogspot.com

Posts: 1527 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae   E-mail Elphaba Fabala Elphie Fae   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
Glasses. OMFG, girls in glasses. *POINK!*

I adore a man in glasses.
GLASSES!!!!! *pounces*

Oh my lord, HOW did I not mention glasses in my last post?! I have THE biggest thing for men in glasses. No preference to style or shape, as long as they compliment his features.

And slightly off topic -- this thread is more of a turn on than I thought it would be [Wink]

--------------------
The Wicked Witch of the West was FRAMED!

Posts: 201 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*takes out contacts, puts on glasses*

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
peculiar hailstone
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peculiar hailstone   E-mail peculiar hailstone   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
women wearing nice, expensive running shoes. Hmmm, maybe that's why I got the gym membership!
And this one is as close to real fetishism as you can get without crossing the line, like, I guess it's not 'absolutely' necessary for arousal (though, sometimes it sure seems like it is...just ask my girlfriend!) , but pretty close (it sure speeds things up a whole lot).
Peculiar Fetish Hailstone

--------------------
my wife made me join a bridge club. I jump off next Tuesday...

Posts: 121 | From: St. Catharines, Ontario | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wicked Tinkerbell
Hock Harold Angel's Bling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Tinkerbell   E-mail Wicked Tinkerbell   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Men in aprons. Especially if they are cooking, or {gasp/swoon} cleaning!

OK, it isn't a true fetish, but a real turn-on!

Men in kilts are really hot--well, except Prince Charles. {shudder}

***Is anyone going to restart this thread on the new board?

--------------------
"I'm not Irish, I'm Celtic. The difference? Celts cut off your head and put it on their door lintel." --Aimee Evilpixie
"People are bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."--Scrubs

Posts: 269 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages