snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » PRONTO condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PRONTO condoms
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pronto : THe best way to get it on

quote:

Letís face it, using an ordinary condom is a real pain in the butt. First, you have to tear the pack open, often using your teeth. Then you have to take the condom out of the pack Ė this is a slippery business at the best of times. Next, you have to figure out which is the right side up, before you can unroll it. By the time the condomís on, the mood is halfway out the window...

Fortunately, those days are over. Introducing PRONTO, the condom for the new millennium. The PRONTO condom can be applied in a few seconds. And itís a lot more convenient to use, compared to an ordinary condom. You simply crack the pack open and unroll the condom directly onto the penis. Sounds too good to be true? See for yourself, by clicking on the demo:

Unfortunately, it's not available in the US yet

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Letís face it, using an ordinary condom is a real pain in the butt.
If this is the case, the article writer's boyfriend should start using lubricated condoms.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice demo.

http://www.prontocondoms.co.za/demo_mov.htm

Does it also work on a penis ? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HollowMan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollowMan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't decide if people have slipped to a new low of laziness and stupidity, or if this is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

--------------------
Heisenberg may have slept here.

I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Posts: 291 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That whole "cracking" thing, I don't know. Wouldn't that rule out keeping them in your wallet? [lol]

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My concern: Have these things been extensively tested to ensure that the mechanism by which they're opened and applied doesn't damage the condom itself?

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roadie:
That whole "cracking" thing, I don't know. Wouldn't that rule out keeping them in your wallet? [lol]

I was assuming that the package will inside a more sturdier cover. That would make it a bit bulkier, but if you ask me to choose between a fat wallet and wasting time rolling down a condom, I would take a fatter wallet [Big Grin]

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well you aren't supposed to keep them in your wallet anyway... [Razz]

I think this is seriously cool. I once read that condom instructions required a college-level reading ability to comprehend- and frankly, the few times I've been in an, erm, situation where a condom was needed I had to have the male half do it because I was way too fumble-fingered to get it right. Hell I might try one on hubby if they become available just because that looks sort of fun! [lol]

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arriah
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arriah   E-mail Arriah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did anyone else look at the adverts tab on that web site? The one with the vegetables was a little bit disturbing.

ETA punctuation since voice recognition isn't very good at it.

--------------------
Conforming meant that everyone liked you except yourself
Rebecca

Posts: 682 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HollowMan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollowMan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Filet o' Spamamander:
I once read that condom instructions required a college-level reading ability to comprehend-

I think "college level" was a bit exaggerated. The instructions on mine seem like something a high school aged individual can figure out.

--------------------
Heisenberg may have slept here.

I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Posts: 291 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Goof
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Goof     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That is cool!

--------------------
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid,than to open it and remove all doubt."- Mark Twain

Posts: 426 | From: Tucson, AZ (The Old Pueblo) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Non-Aquatic Mouse:
My concern: Have these things been extensively tested to ensure that the mechanism by which they're opened and applied doesn't damage the condom itself?

Nonny

That's what I was wondering as well. As long as ther's no problem there I think this is great!

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I watched the demo. Either they've made it so that you can put it on from either side--which by itself would have been quite an accomplishment--or they still need a mechanism to tell you which side goes on top ... in the dark. (I have a couple ideas on this.)

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bassist
Chess Nuts Boasting 'Round an Open Fire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bassist   E-mail Bassist   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Personally I heartily endorse this idea. The last time I had to use one it took so long to get the damned thing rolled on the right way (first her, then me) that the "mood" was quite diminished. This would have helped immensely!

--------------------
"I'm singing and deranged!"

Posts: 239 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Neeva
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Neeva   E-mail Lady Neeva   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I the only one who really never had a problem applying condoms to my partner? Sure, it took a couple seconds, but it wasn't particularly a mood killer.

Course, the last time I did that I was a teenager... so I doubt much of anything *could* have killed the mood. Now I'm married, so pregnancy is much less of a concern and disease just isn't a concern, so it doesn't matter... we don't use them heh.

Posts: 58 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lady Neeva, you are not the only one. I learned to put a condom on when I was around 13 or 14 (in health class, you perverts) and have never had a snag. Nor have I ever gotten pregnant.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ThistleSmelt and Lady Neeva, the fact that you put the condom on him goes a long way toward maintaining the mood.

Reminds me of the Basic Instinct sketch with Androgynous Pat in it.

Police officer: Did you put the condom on, or did your partner?
Pat: We put it on together. It was part of the foreplay!

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Neeva:
Am I the only one who really never had a problem applying condoms to my partner? Sure, it took a couple seconds, but it wasn't particularly a mood killer.

No, you're not the only one. I originally was going to post "We've never taken more than a few seconds to open the package and put it on" but I was afraid that would sound like bragging. But it's true; putting on condoms has never diminished the mood for us nor taken a significant amount of time. It used to actually heighten the anticipation for me. Our problem now is that we've reached a level of intimacy which makes condoms feel distracting, so we're looking into alternative methods of BC.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Erin
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erin   Author's Homepage   E-mail Erin   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It seems like there would be a lot of risk in breaking these both by opening the package and by stretching the sides like that to pull it down. Also, there's no space left at the top for ejaculate, so doesn't that mean more likeliness of leakage?

I've never had a problem with regular condoms either though.

--------------------
I am the snake. Bite, bite, bite.

Posts: 247 | From: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
It seems like there would be a lot of risk in breaking these both by opening the package and by stretching the sides like that to pull it down. Also, there's no space left at the top for ejaculate, so doesn't that mean more likeliness of leakage?

I've never had a problem with regular condoms either though.

Can't find cites, but haven't some studies shown that pinching the teat end of the condom is un-necessary. After all they can safely hold a litre or more of water, which is why they are part of many basic survival kits. so five milliliters or so of ejaculate shouldn't compromise them.

ETA Also some condoms don't have a teat at all. For example a brand once popular with the former Mrs. Lizard and I, which I think was called 'Durex Gold."

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pondicherry Pi
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pondicherry Pi   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pondicherry Pi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
Also, there's no space left at the top for ejaculate, so doesn't that mean more likeliness of leakage?

Maybe I'm seeing things (and I don't claim to have perfect vision), but I'm pretty sure I saw a receptacle tip on it. It's clearer in the "Jacob" advert.

I think it is kinda neat, although I, like others, haven't ever had to much trouble with the "normal variety". I'm dying to buy some and attack the vegatables, though. (That sounds like some sort of horrible euphemism... sorry.)

(Edited to reduce quoted portion.)

--------------------
If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

What the NFBSK is Glurge? Or, a link to Snopes Lingo

Posts: 218 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gaia
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaia   E-mail Gaia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I personally never had a problem putting a condom on my partner, and I didn't even use my hands [Wink]

But I personally thought this was a great idea even though my DH and I don't use them now.

--------------------
Smile....It confuses people!

Posts: 29 | From: Toronto, ON | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Can't find cites, but haven't some studies shown that pinching the teat end of the condom is un-necessary. After all they can safely hold a litre or more of water, which is why they are part of many basic survival kits. so five milliliters or so of ejaculate shouldn't compromise them.
At my frosh week's "condom olympics" last year we found that a condom can hold 16 litres of water before bursting.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
htonl
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for htonl   Author's Homepage   E-mail htonl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arriah:
Did anyone else look at the adverts tab on that web site? The one with the vegetables was a little bit disturbing.

The vegetables one makes fun of the South African health minister Manto Tshabalala-Msimang, who is notorious for advocating better nutrition - in particular, garlic, beetroot, lemons and African potatoes - for people with AIDS, while at the same time claiming that anti-retrovirals are "toxic" or "dangerous".

The other one is a reference to the ex-Deputy President Jacob Zuma, who (amongst other things) had unprotected sex with an HIV-positive woman and later said that he took a shower afterwards to reduce the risk of infection. To make the whole situation more ironic, he had previously been head of both the National AIDS Council and the Moral Regeneration Movement. [Eek!]

--------------------
Part of the Secular Humanist Conspiracy™ since 1997.

Posts: 35 | From: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages