snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » Sexy Halloween Costumes Rile Parents (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sexy Halloween Costumes Rile Parents
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pob14:
quote:
Originally posted by Morgaine La Raq Star:
True confession time: My 6YO DD has a costume that shows her belly. She's going to be a rock star. She did ask if it was OK for her stomach to be bare. We talked about how it was OK to show her tummy because it was a costume & not to wear everyday. School, church & most other situations are 'no belly'.

I am not, NOT going to suggest you host a costume party for the kids, and award a slice of pizza to the best one that doesn't show a belly.

You know, the No Belly Pizza Prize.

I will NOT suggest this, remember. [fish]

I know I'm being really dense, but I don't get it.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pob14:
quote:
True confession time: My 6YO DD has a costume that shows her belly. She's going to be a rock star. She did ask if it was OK for her stomach to be bare. We talked about how it was OK to show her tummy because it was a costume & not to wear everyday. School, church & most other situations are 'no belly'.

I am not, NOT going to suggest you host a costume party for the kids, and award a slice of pizza to the best one that doesn't show a belly.

You know, the No Belly Pizza Prize.

I will NOT suggest this, remember. [fish]

I know I'm being really dense, but I don't get it.
And I've giggled myself right out of my chair.

Here, maybe this will help.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, I get it but I still don't think its funny. Sorry. I really don't like puns so that's probably why.

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a good thing pob14 didn't suggest it, then.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aimee Evilpixie:
If I'm going to be a sexy anything for Hallowe'en, it's going to be something original, like a sexy Care Bear. Moot point this year, as I'm going to be a Goth-Lolita Queen of Hearts (a costume I made, thank you much) but you get my drift.

Um. Are you suggesting, then, that your Goth-Lolita Queen of Hearts costume is not sexy?

If so, I'm not sure you know your audience as well as you think you do. [Smile]

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If I'm going to be a sexy anything for Hallowe'en, it's going to be something original, like a sexy Care Bear.

I am going to come off as rather quaint here, but I have to admit I wish people wouldn't sexualize toys made for small children. Sexy Darth is one thing as the movie isn't made strictly for school kids (by the way, does anyone else suspect that might be Michael Jackson in that costume?) but sexy Care Bears and Shortcakes just kind of sadden me. It's your right, of course, but in my perfect world women would be women, and little girls would be little girls, and the lines would stay clear.

I just wish we didn't have to bring the nursery into the bedroom.

*Shuffles off to drink some warm milk and yell at trespassing whippersnappers*

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Off topic from the kids again (thank DOYC that my 13 yo daughter is modest almost to the point of prude!), another cosplay. Dark elf women in Lineage 2 tend to dress, erm, a little risque as evidenced by this very well-done costume...

NPC gatekeeper (dark elf village)

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aussie Girl
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie Girl   E-mail Aussie Girl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Little Pink Pill:
quote:
If I'm going to be a sexy anything for Hallowe'en, it's going to be something original, like a sexy Care Bear.

I am going to come off as rather quaint here, but I have to admit I wish people wouldn't sexualize toys made for small children. Sexy Darth is one thing as the movie isn't made strictly for school kids (by the way, does anyone else suspect that might be Michael Jackson in that costume?) but sexy Care Bears and Shortcakes just kind of sadden me. It's your right, of course, but in my perfect world women would be women, and little girls would be little girls, and the lines would stay clear.

I just wish we didn't have to bring the nursery into the bedroom.

*Shuffles off to drink some warm milk and yell at trespassing whippersnappers*

You're not alone, and I'm a good 8 years younger than you are! *sigh* Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake... why can I not get these series where I live?

OTOH... If someone were to dress up as, say, She-Ra, they're not going to have to try too hard to make her sexy, are they?

--------------------
You have just been involved in a drive-by posting.

Posts: 204 | From: CQ, Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Girl:
OTOH... If someone were to dress up as, say, She-Ra, they're not going to have to try too hard to make her sexy, are they?

Yeah, I think She-Ra is fair game. Maybe Bratz dolls and Barbie are, too. But Rainbow Bright? Is NOTHING sacred? [Wink]

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porifera Taft:
quote:
If I'm going to be a sexy anything for Hallowe'en, it's going to be something original, like a sexy Care Bear. Moot point this year, as I'm going to be a Goth-Lolita Queen of Hearts (a costume I made, thank you much) but you get my drift.

Um. Are you suggesting, then, that your Goth-Lolita Queen of Hearts costume is not sexy?

If so, I'm not sure you know your audience as well as you think you do. [Smile]

Well of course the people who are into that style are going to think it's sexy, but what I mean is that it's not going to a costume that is essentially an excuse to show a lot of skin and not get in trouble for it. The only bare parts of me are going to be my shoulders and my arms (French maid-style top--puffy off the shoulder sleeves). The skirt isn't floor length, but as I'm going to be wearing tights they're not exactly bare. And the skirt manages to cover my ass completely.

Plus, we're having a tea party, so it goes along with the theme.

On the topic of She-Ra, one of these days I'm going to cosplay as her. It will be an awesome day indeed.

Aimee "For the honor of Greyskull!" Evilpixie

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
paisley claus
We Three Blings

Icon 08 posted      Profile for paisley claus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
YAY She-Ra! I so want to see pictures of that costume, Aimee!

You know, if you want the ULTIMATE sexy costume, you might want to consider these. (scroll down to the 5th picture)

[Big Grin]

And there is a sexy nurse in that same picture too [Roll Eyes]

Seriously though, even though costumes these days have evolved beyond a plastic smock and a mask that you can't see out of, I do dislike the rash of sexy-everything costume. Sometimes it's amusing, sometimes it's creative, but for the most part it's just unnecessary (wow I typed that word like, 5 times and it still doesn't look right).

If "sexy" is the only thing gyour costume has going for it, maybe gyou need some new ideas. I suggest the website containing the picture above!

--------------------
"Oh, now we're going to start judging each other on things we've done?? Real fair!"

Posts: 1114 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Missie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missie   E-mail Missie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm an odd sort. Every year for a few years now, I've seen Halloween as my one day a year to REALLY cross-dress without anyone thinking I'm strange. I can't quite pull off the 'Boy' look in day-to-day life. But, I do make every single one of my costumes, mostly from things I find at thrift stores, just like my mom used to do for me when I was little.

Last year, I was a cowboy - not a cowgirl. The year before, I was a vampire. Not a girl vampire, I put together one of those silly victorian-style costumes you see on 'male' vampires, with the top-hat and cane.

This year, I'm making a zoot suit. If I could find a fake moustache that didn't look ridiculous, I'd wear it.

Posts: 98 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Freshman
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freshman   Author's Homepage   E-mail Freshman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nytimes had a Thursdays style article about this and had womens studies people weigh in on whether women wore skimpy fairy tale to make fun of traditonal characters. Wow, that summary was bad

--------------------
"High-Five!" - Borat

Posts: 1056 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dragon's Jewel
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragon's Jewel   E-mail Dragon's Jewel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Dark elf women in Lineage 2 tend to dress, erm, a little risque as evidenced by this very well-done costume...

NPC gatekeeper (dark elf village)

Dude! Now, I know, I know, it's horrible to say this and this is exactly the kinda attitude that is so worrisome in this day and age, but...
That chick is hot! I *am* a chick, and that chick is hot! Man oh man, just you wait till I lose fifty lbs...

Dragon's "My baby weight is still sticking around, okay? I have until she's two!" Jewel

--------------------
Tyger, Tyger burning bright
In the forest of the night
What immortal hand or eye
Hath framed thy fearful symmetry?

Posts: 74 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know... something tells me that the reason Sexy Darth looks looks like she has to pee is that there's more to that costume, or rather less, than we may at first suspect...

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dragon's Jewel
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragon's Jewel   E-mail Dragon's Jewel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You know... something tells me that the reason Sexy Darth looks looks like she has to pee is that there's more to that costume, or rather less, than we may at first suspect...

Oh...
Oh! Oh my. I think you're right...

--------------------
Tyger, Tyger burning bright
In the forest of the night
What immortal hand or eye
Hath framed thy fearful symmetry?

Posts: 74 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aussie Girl
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie Girl   E-mail Aussie Girl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paisley boo:
YAY She-Ra! I so want to see pictures of that costume, Aimee!

Seconded, in spades! I think that would be awesome! (And I got to contaminate another thread with the He-man/She-ra universe! Fangirl? Me? Nah. [Big Grin] )

"I have the power"

--------------------
You have just been involved in a drive-by posting.

Posts: 204 | From: CQ, Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moonfall86:
I wonder if I could pull off a sexy mecha?

Sure, it would be easy. Just box the lower half of your legs and arms. If you don't want bare legs, use solid black stockings for your upper legs. Use a short box to "skirt" yourself and a solid black top/sports bra. Depending on how sexy/kinky you want to go, you can box in your head or just add a boxy hat and some cheek pieces.

One of the big things that enhance sexy is contrast. The fact that your lower legs, lower arms, and pelvis are heavily covered will make those parts of you that aren't covered that much sexier.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Goof
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Goof     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kjbrasda:

Should I say OOOHHHH SHHHHH la, la.

--------------------
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid,than to open it and remove all doubt."- Mark Twain

Posts: 426 | From: Tucson, AZ (The Old Pueblo) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages