snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » Hips, Lips,...etc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hips, Lips,...etc
kanazawa
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kanazawa   E-mail kanazawa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This has been bugging me for quite a while. This girl is wearing a T-shirt, with four words on it. First two are pretty clearly "Hips" and "Tits", third one is most likely "Lips", but I can't for the life of me figure out what the fourth word is.

The pics won't help, but I'm hoping maybe someone knows the whole 4 word sequence...(maybe it's a UK thing?)

Pic: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mark625@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

--------------------
If I say it's safe to surf this beach, then it's safe to surf this beach...

Posts: 127 | From: Cupertino, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chickee Daizy
Live and Let Madai

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chickee Daizy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I googled "hips, tits, lips" and it seems to be lyrics by a band named Pigface. The song is called "Hips Tits Lips Power."

--------------------
Some people are like slinkies...They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posts: 907 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kanazawa

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kanazawa   E-mail kanazawa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks,Chick. I googled quite a while back, and didn't find anything useful. Tried a while ago and came up with the same thing.

Hmm...Power...doesn't even rhyme...

--------------------
If I say it's safe to surf this beach, then it's safe to surf this beach...

Posts: 127 | From: Cupertino, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's something of a feminist slogan that's been around for at least 10-15 years. Had a girlfriend in college with the same slogan on a T shirt.
It's also the title of a book on the films of Russ Meyer and apparently has an association from "Riot Grrrls" back in the '90s.

Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it goes like this:

Hips, tits, lips, power.
Now I need to take a shower.

Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stoneage Dinosaur
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stoneage Dinosaur   E-mail Stoneage Dinosaur   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The two women in the photo are Emma Anderson (I think) and Miki Berenyi out of Lush.

Emma(?)'s t-shirt is by another UK indie band of the time (late 80s/early 90s), Silverfish.

ETA: Silverfish - Big Bad Baby Pig Squeal.

--------------------
"You learn something new every day if you're not careful" - Wilf Lunn

Posts: 893 | From: Durham City, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages