snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » The elusive G-spot a sex myth?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The elusive G-spot a sex myth?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 220 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.banffcragandcanyon.com/story.php?id=249797
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had always thought it was a myth until a clued-up b/f taught me otherwise. My (ex)hubby just hadn't been interested enough to look for it (he hadn't a clue about what to do with the clitoris either). Those who haven't located it consider it a myth. There are some women who are anorgasmic except through direct electrical stimulation of certain spinal nerves (i.e. with electrodes). For some reason the normal areas don't seem to be hooked up properly, which is sad.

--------------------
Messybeast Cat Resource Archive
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's definitely no myth, although as the article points out it isn't universal.
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cinnamon
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cinnamon   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cinnamon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Llewtrah:
There are some women who are anorgasmic except through direct electrical stimulation of certain spinal nerves (i.e. with electrodes). For some reason the normal areas don't seem to be hooked up properly, which is sad.

Well, I don't know if plugging me into a power socket would work, but its got to be worth a try. Nothing else seems to do much.

--------------------
My blog - a continuing obsession with my weight plus much randomness
My opinions on books, music, and other stuff

Posts: 845 | From: Gloucestershire, UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon:
quote:
There are some women who are anorgasmic except through direct electrical stimulation of certain spinal nerves (i.e. with electrodes). For some reason the normal areas don't seem to be hooked up properly, which is sad.

Well, I don't know if plugging me into a power socket would work, but its got to be worth a try. Nothing else seems to do much.
Sorry to hear that [Frown] [Frown] It took me a while to get it all sussed out.

--------------------
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I just want to know how they figured that part out. Attaching electrodes to your privates is the sort of stupidity (prepares flame-retardant suit) I'd expect from a man, not a woman.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Faith
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Tempura:
I just want to know how they figured that part out. Attaching electrodes to your privates is the sort of stupidity (prepares flame-retardant suit) I'd expect from a man, not a woman.

If I remember rightly, the discovery was by accident - researchers were working to stimulate nerves in patients with severe spinal nerve damage. They discovered that the stimulation of some nerves brought on orgasms in some of the female patients.

--------------------
"You watched it. You can't UNWATCH it."

Posts: 1646 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

The electrodes are attached to the parts of the spine, not the privates. And as Faith said, the discovery was accidental.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LadyLockeout
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLockeout   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnamon:
quote:

Same. In fact I have an appointment with my doctor this friday to talk about some of this...

--------------------
Katesune: We still can't find the way to albuquerque, and glisp won't stop to ask for directions.
Glisp42: Of course not. I know where I'm going, I just don't know where I am right now

Twisted Links

Posts: 2599 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Errrm .... in BDSM,the inventive use of a TENS machine is quite popular among both genders (as the many available attachments for the Rimba unit demonstrate). [Big Grin]

--------------------
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages