snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » Filming Sex for the Discovery Channel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Filming Sex for the Discovery Channel
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So I'm watching the Discovery Channel doc "Building Babies: An Inner Adventure", and they show film of the sperm entering the vagina at the moment of ejaculation, and I'm thinking "Dang! How'd they do that?"

So...how did they do that? I can't imagine anything that would ruin the mood more than an endoscopic camera piercing my abdomen and lighting up my vagina. But how would they get this shot? Are we even seeing human sperm, or have that actually filmed sedated animals in some way?

I know they've been able to film shots like these for quite some time, but I've never been able to figure out how it was done.

Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know that there was a bonkumentary... er... documentary about sex, and the couple that volunteered had sex before the camera and they had a small endoscopic camera strapped to him. They had a few single runs alone, so that they could get used to the extra.

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Only one of the sperm can get to the egg first. The rest of them are just swimming around. Do you really think it's that hard to get one of them to hold the camera?
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Horse Chestnut
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horse Chestnut     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
YOMANK!

That sperm must have been in the AV club at school.

Posts: 1651 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Even weirder than that, I remember seeing a show a while back where they were talking about how when a woman reaches her orgasm, her cervix dips down into the vagina. They had some sort of video of this happenning. Just how in the world they crank a woman open with a speculum, put a light and camera in there and say, "Relax, dear, and come," is beyond me! [Eek!]

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 16 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Iguana:
Even weirder than that, I remember seeing a show a while back where they were talking about how when a woman reaches her orgasm, her cervix dips down into the vagina. They had some sort of video of this happenning. Just how in the world they crank a woman open with a speculum, put a light and camera in there and say, "Relax, dear, and come," is beyond me! [Eek!]

If it's the one I am thinking of , it is a BBc production with Prof Robert Winston. The lady involved is an actress whose name escapes me but she was in "Waiting For God' and "One Foot In The Grave". Both BBC sitcoms.

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mommyrex
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mommyrex     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by queen of the caramels:
quote:

If it's the one I am thinking of , it is a BBc production with Prof Robert Winston. The lady involved is an actress whose name escapes me but she was in "Waiting For God' and "One Foot In The Grave". Both BBC sitcoms.
Intimate Universe: The Human Body

It's a really great show.

--------------------
We also ask that you follow the guidelines above and try not to over-think these guidelines.
- the transportation safety administration's permitted and prohibited items air travel list

Posts: 240 | From: Kansas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ganzfeld:
Only one of the sperm can get to the egg first. The rest of them are just swimming around. Do you really think it's that hard to get one of them to hold the camera?

rotfl

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Echinodermata Q. Taft
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinodermata Q. Taft   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Way back when I was in high school -- around 1978 or thereabouts -- they ran some documentary on PBS that had such a shot (I don't know if it would be the same one). I didn't see it, but people were talking about it the next day. One of the girls wondered out loud how that could be done -- how the woman could manage to come with a camera up there. This was in Marine Biology class. The (male) instructor answered -- quite seriously, and without any salacious overtones that I could detect -- "They probably found a woman who could reach orgasm by stimulation of the nipples." For some reason, the girl who asked the question was shocked at this answer and did a big "Ewwww, gross! reaction -- not so much I think at the thought of nipple stimulation, but that the teacher mentioned it. I've always been puzzled by that -- why'd you ask the question if you didn't want a serious answer? *shrug* Oh well....

--------------------
http://eqtaft.blogspot.com

Hope for the future! http://www.runobama.com

Posts: 3218 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Goof
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Goof     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ganzfeld:

YOMANK!

--------------------
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid,than to open it and remove all doubt."- Mark Twain

Posts: 426 | From: Tucson, AZ (The Old Pueblo) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages