snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » What do you (and your family) wear to bed (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What do you (and your family) wear to bed
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
DH and I both sleep in the nude. If it gets chilly, we'll both sleep in t-shirts. When I lived at home, I never wore undies with my nightshirts or pjs. Neither do my parents.

I don't sleep comfortably with undied on. I like a healthy breeze 'round my privates, thank you very much. At least whilst sleeping.

I also put on pajamas when I get home from work in the evening. When I go to bed, I put those jammies on the bench at the foot of our bed; that solves the emergency problem.

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Vivling
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vivling     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Growing up my house was always freezing in the winter, spring, and fall (it still is, but I live here mostly only in summer). I always wore flannel pajamas and socks to bed, and I kind of wrap my duvet around myself like a nest, instead of just draping it over me. Even when it's warm, or when I'm living at school where my room has a thermostat (imagine that!) I have trouble falling asleep without some kind of clothes on and a blanket or sheet over me. It's a comfort thing. If it's really hot, or I'm, er, sharing the bed, I will wear a t-shirt or tank and underwear. That's about as racy as it gets though!

ETA: no underwear with pjs! It's unnecissary and I'm more comfortable without it.

--------------------
Climb up, over the the top
Shake it, take control
You've got to find out for yourself whether or not you're truly trying
--Jason Mraz

Posts: 1686 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moon   E-mail Lady Moon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't stand having anything on my legs at night, thanks to scar tissue. (no, covers don't count!)

I normally sleep nude, with underwear during that time of the month or when I'm having 'control' problems. (they're usually connected) But when we have company or I'm staying at someone's house, I'll wear underwear and a t-shirt to bed.

DH is a starkers man, but he'll wear shorts when we're at someone's house or have company.

Princess Moon #1 is at the age where she'll drop in her tracks, so she usually sleeps fully dressed.

Toddler Moon sleeps in a onesie and diaper.

--------------------
"We've got a fifth member of the band round here, and he's DEFINITELY out of tune!" -- Keith Moon

"If I had a thousand quid for every time I've introduced this song --- oh, I do!" -- John Entwistle

Posts: 584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My son wears pajama bottoms with boxers but when the kids were small and wore pj's I don't recall them wearing underwear then. It would have seemed odd to me for them to have their baths and then put on the undies they had worn all day, or else put on clean undies just to wear to bed.

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like to sleep nakey but I usually don't unless it's after extracurricular activities. [Wink]

Usually @ home alone I just wear an old boyfriend's jersey or t-shirt (sometimes undies, sometimes not).

Sometimes I wear shorts and a tank top.

In the winter I sometimes wear any of the above with pj pants and pull them over my feet. (I'm one of those people who CAN'T wear socks in the bed even if my feet are freezing.)

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MizzyLou
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizzyLou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My grandma was a nurse, and she always said "girls need to let their parts breathe or they get infections." True or not, I got used to going without. So, no undies for me or my young 'uns, just pajama bottoms and a t-shirt.

Question for all of you who sleep in the buff: Don't your body parts stick together? My main reason for pajamas is that I get sweaty where skin touches skin (my own, I mean). I like to have fabric separating all body parts.

Posts: 264 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sleep nude. If I'm staying over at a friend's house I sleep in knickers (US: panties) and a long tshirt (unless I'm sleeping with the friend). If it's really cold, I might wear a tshirt, mainly so I don't freeze during a nocturnal visit to the bathroom.

As a kid I stopped wearing underwear to bed when I was about 9. I stopped wearing anything to bed when I moved out of my parents' home.

Most people move around enough that body parts don't stick together - I certainly do, judging by the state of the bedclothes!

--------------------
Messybeast Cat Resource Archive
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sleep nude. I have cranked up the heat so I don't get cold, and have some nice, fluffy covers (two, both double width) if it should still get cold.

Emergency evacutions would be handled by having my bath robe within an arms length from my bed, or by giving the neighbours a real inferiority complex if I was in a real hurry.

In case there is an intruder, I'll use the trick a friend of mine used: stand up naked in the bed and howl like a rabid bear. Scared the intruder away and gave his girlfriend a good laugh. Nowadays, they lock the front door instead.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlšnge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
In case there is an intruder, I'll use the trick a friend of mine used: stand up naked in the bed and howl like a rabid bear. Scared the intruder away and gave his girlfriend a good laugh. Nowadays, they lock the front door instead.

How about sending Snopesters your address and leaving your door unlocked? This sounds rather fun [Eek!]

--------------------
Messybeast Cat Resource Archive
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
How about sending Snopesters your address and leaving your door unlocked? This sounds rather fun
I think I'll use a shortlist, rather than inviting everybody. There's a limit to how much fun one should have...

Edit: And I do appointment only, not drop-ins.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlšnge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Davros
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Davros   Author's Homepage   E-mail Davros   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
nude for me
when visting underwear
stoped pj's when about 10
Mrs Davros
PJ's and underwear
in an emergency i will flash everyone

--------------------
Wake up --- time to die
So I'm Evil Get over it

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people

Posts: 1551 | From: NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No pajamas or undies at bedtime, unless I'm sleeping somewhere where there are people who should not be seeing my nekkidness. I have a special extra-soft tank top and shorts for those situations-- can not stand to sleep in pajama pants or a nightgown long enough to cover my legs. I feel all tangled up when I try!

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I toss and turn a lot in my sleep, so I tend to sleep in the buff unless it is really chilly. I can't stand having a nightgown or other articles of clothing tangled around me, plus lying on the seams tends to irritate me too. I suppose I'm extra sensitive.

At the college dorm I used to sleep in a t-shirt. One year some stupid girl was calling in a bomb threat every night so my roommate and I both mastered rolling out of bed and into jeans superfast!

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pyjamas with no underwear for me. Always has been. However, in the last couple of weeks it has been so hot that occasionally I have slept in the altogether. (Sorry for the mental images.)

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jessboo
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessboo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shrek_Daddy:

4) Do parents who advocate this expect to have the girls out grow this phase..or do it forever.
5) What about when the hit menarche?

I don't get it. do you mean you think they should be wearing underwear? Why would it be something to grow out of? [Confused]

re: point 5- obviously if they were using liners then they'd need pants, but you can wear tampons at night, as long as they're in just before you go to bed and out as soon as you get up (assuming a 7/8 hour sleep). you don't need pants for that.

--------------------
Join me on Lost - www.lost.eu/edcf

Do you have any wine? All of this would go a lot smoother in an altered state of reality.

Posts: 779 | From: Southampton, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shrek_Daddy
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shrek_Daddy   Author's Homepage   E-mail Shrek_Daddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessboo:
quote:

4) Do parents who advocate this expect to have the girls out grow this phase..or do it forever.
5) What about when the hit menarche?

I don't get it. do you mean you think they should be wearing underwear? Why would it be something to grow out of? [Confused]

re: point 5- obviously if they were using liners then they'd need pants, but you can wear tampons at night, as long as they're in just before you go to bed and out as soon as you get up (assuming a 7/8 hour sleep). you don't need pants for that.

Basically, until these two little girls slept over, I did not know this was a common thing to not wear underwear to bed. Hence my question. And since it is not like I can go to female family friends and ask them without blushing...I thought it would be a good discussion point here.

My wife and I are both surprised at the number of people who see it as odd to wear underwear to bed. Very enlightening thread.

I wonder if there is any correlation in the type of underwear worn as well.

Having said that--I have no problem with ladies not wearing underwear. I support it 100% [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We keep finding better ways to celebrate mediocrity"---Mr. Incredible

Assume at least one edit for typos..my keyboard and I fight alot :)

Posts: 275 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me: long (ankle length) satin nightgowns with no undies most nights. If the weather is too warm, undies and a tank top. (little munchkin pops into our room and/or calls for me at night, and I prefer to be dressed when she does)

DH: Shorts. Mesh basketball shorts in the summer, sweat shorts in the winter. He goes commando all the time, so he doesn't wear underwear to bed, either.

Peanut: Undies, after her shower, clean ones. In the summer, she just sleeps in undies. For winter she's got various kind of jammies.

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Me: nothing but underwear
Wife: tank top and real thin pajama shorts or long-sleeve shirt and pajama bottoms
Puppy: nothing but a collar

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When at home in the summer, it's undies only for SO and I both. Ocassionaly we'll sleep naked but it's pretty rare. Both of us leave clothes by the side of the bed for emergencies. In the winter, we add a t-shirt and another blanket if necessary.

When I'm at someone else's house, I'll wear shorts or pj bottoms and a t-shirt. If there's a man in the house, I'll even keep my bra on. But when someone's visiting us, I don't change my sleeping attire. I just put on a long t-shirt if I get up to pee in the middle of the night.

I can see not wanting to wear nylon panties overnight but not cotton. Cotton breathes so it should be perfectly healthy as long as they're not tight.

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christie
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

My wife and I are both surprised at the number of people who see it as odd to wear underwear to bed. Very enlightening thread.

I was surprised that any parents put children to bed in their undies. snopes, a true learning experience [Smile] . Now I'm curious though, do the children wear, to bed, the same undies they've worn all day, or do they put on a fresh pair just to sleep in?

--------------------
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. - Jean Kerr

Posts: 18428 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NinthSign
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NinthSign   E-mail NinthSign   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
quote:

I was surprised that any parents put children to bed in their undies. snopes, a true learning experience [Smile] . Now I'm curious though, do the children wear, to bed, the same undies they've worn all day, or do they put on a fresh pair just to sleep in?
I usually wear shorts and a tank top to bed, but it's been so hot lately I've been wearing underwear with the tank top instead of shorts. I always change into a fresh pair of underwear before bed though.

Iím not comfortable enough to go without clothing at night, but sometimes when itís really, really hot I take my top off while Iím sleeping. It would make more sense to kick the blankets off, but I am more strongly one of those people who need a blanket or sheet of some sort while sleeping.

I'm always surprised at how many of my friends wear a bra to bed. I don't find it comfortable at all, but then, all my bras have wire in them.

Posts: 149 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
These days, I usually sleep naked. If the AC's cranked, though, I'll wear a nightie--or multiple layers of soft cotton nighties if I really feel like being cozy. No undies, even on my period (I use a Keeper and it doesn't leak). If my bladder's acting up I'll wear soft cotton knit pants--looser than undies but still offer some protection.

I keep a nightie and a pair of pants on hand for emergencies.

As to "my" family....

Boss, male: Shorts and T-shirt
Boss, female: pajamas or nightie. I have no idea if she sleeps in her underwear or not, but if she does, she's not changing into fresh ones (I do their laundry...)
Little girl 1: pajamas or pajama bottoms and t-shirt. She didn't used to wear undies to bed back when I still helped her dress, and I assume still doesn't.
Little girl 2: Pajamas, pajama bottoms and t-shirt or nightgown with or without pajama bottoms -- sometimes with undies, sometimes without. Puts on fresh clean undies when she does wear them.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PrincessLeia

Icon 95 posted      Profile for PrincessLeia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was growing up, my mom wouldn't let me wear underwear to bed. She said her doctor told her to do so. I started wearing underwear later because I thought it was gross not to. My Oma must have heard this somewhere too, because tonight she was quite surprised when my cousin announced that her underwear matched her pajamas. I always thought my family was odd in this way. All the kids I babysit wear underwear with pjs, and growing up, I assumed all my friends did as well.
I normally wear pajamas to bed. I have different pairs for winter and for summer. I get very cold at night, so I sleep with my quilt even in the summer.

Posts: 185 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
medtchva
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for medtchva   E-mail medtchva   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was a child... nightgown with underwear

When I got to college... T shirt with underwear

After I got married.... nothing

Now that my daughter is old enough to notice... usually a T shirt but no underwear

Posts: 229 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Raven Waift
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven Waift   Author's Homepage   E-mail Raven Waift   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I sleep naked unless I am on my period. DH also sleeps naked. We have a no clothing in bed rule. Most of the time I am naked when I walk around the house, but I do leave clothing around my bed. DH wears boxers around the house.

My sister apparently sleeps without a shirt, but wears boxers.

Our cats sleep naked.

--------------------
Whereas as you are dancing happily in the fields of ignorance through which the stream of stupidity bubbles and flows. -BlushingBride
My my space.

Posts: 656 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shrek_Daddy
Deck the Malls

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Shrek_Daddy   Author's Homepage   E-mail Shrek_Daddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christie:
quote:

In our house, the kids have a bath before bed. Then they put on clean underwear that they wear for 24 hours, until their next bath. They wear cotton undies, so their "NotForAnyoneToTouch" region gets to breathe as much as it needs.

I suspect some people might say that is disgusting, but I have one observation on that..if anything is happening at night that would make the undies dirty..they would also make your sheets/nightie/PJ's dirty...and I would rather spend a day in dirty undies then a night in dirty sheets. And if the undies get dirty in the night, then of course we change them.

And on a more personal note..I could not imagine sleeping naked or bottomless. I am always afraid when I roll over I will crush my "equipment". And DW is afraid she'll break my fingers when she rolls over in her sleep if "the barriers are down" [Smile]

--------------------
"We keep finding better ways to celebrate mediocrity"---Mr. Incredible

Assume at least one edit for typos..my keyboard and I fight alot :)

Posts: 275 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hero_Mike
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hero_Mike         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If I am sick, somehow the "shock" of getting out from under the covers into even a warm room is too much. During these times, I have worn sweatpants and sweatshirt, with t-shirt and underwear underneath.

"Normal" is just shorts or boxers - though the last time I had a sunburn I put on a long-sleeved silk undershirt (long underwear style) - and that was more comfortable than cotton sheets on burnt skin.

--------------------
"The fate of *billions* depends on you! Hahahahaha....sorry." Lord Raiden - Mortal Kombat

Posts: 1587 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kathryn
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathryn     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
DH and I both sleep in just undies (boxers for him, panties for me). I have a nightie that I keep next to the bed for emergency purposes or nighttime visits from DS.

DS gets a bath right before bed. So he has clean underwear on which he wears through to the next bath 24 hours later. (Unless they need changing for whatever reason) He wears pajamas or sometimes a "sleep-shirt" (usually one of DH's undershirts or another oversized t-shirt)

Kathryn

--------------------
Keeper of the American Idol Pool 2006

Pamper yourself!

Posts: 1085 | From: Transplanted Yankee in North Carolina | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have slept naked since about 12. If I was sleeping over or with someone it was pajama bottoms with out underware.

For my wife it is flannel nightgown and pants with underware in the summer. The winter its underware fleese shirt, pants, coat, hat, socks, hat and at least 3 heavy blinkets. Being from Thailand she finds the nights to be a little cold during the winter.

Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For me naked...dressing gown if guests or guested
For DH ditto
For DD1&2 pj's winter undies summer unless on sleep-overs then pj's
DS nappy and either one piece or pj's.

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Blue Fuzzy Thing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Fuzzy Thing   E-mail Blue Fuzzy Thing   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For me - just socks (what, my feet get cold)
For DW - bra & panties

Blue Fuzzy Thing

--------------------
People say I have ADD, but they just donít understand that... Oh look! A chicken!

Posts: 151 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I suspect some people might say that is disgusting, but I have one observation on that..if anything is happening at night that would make the undies dirty..they would also make your sheets/nightie/PJ's dirty...and I would rather spend a day in dirty undies then a night in dirty sheets.

Since I wear pajama bottoms, anything that "happens" happens to the PJ bottoms, which I would then toss in the hamper.

FYI, the amount of "breathing" that the "ladygarden" requires varies widely among females. So while some girls/women are okay wearing panties 24/7 so long as the panties are cotton, others will be more comfortable if they are panty-less at night.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Colonel Zoidberg

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colonel Zoidberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never heard the bit about not wearing underwear to bed, but then again, that seems to apply to ladies and I am a guy. My fiancee doesn't wear a bra to bed, though, for some reason...probably the same reason I don't wear socks to bed (it feels too damn good removing them.)

I wear underwear covered by a pair of basketball shorts. She wears either a nightgown or a tank top with shorts; either way, she wears underwear. Her sleep pattern is odd, to say the least; she sleeps hald the time with no comforter, just a sheet, and always has to have one foot sticking out to cool her off. She sleeps on her stomach most of the time and is the only person I've met who does. neither of us is allowed to sleep on our backs under penalty of being poked in the side and ordered to turn over (turning over usually disturbs the dog, who is only eight pounds and is allowed to sleep any way she feels like.)

The sleep pattern is usually interrupted, at least for me, by a 20-pound Siamese cat named Rocco. He perches on one of my legs (the legs are covered by a comforter; otherwise, he won't do it) and starts trying to pick my leg apart. First he uses his paws (no front claws...not our doing) and then his teeth. Let me tell you, cat bites hurt. I usually have to push him off the bed to get him to stop, and even then, half the time he does it again later. if I get lucky, I get off without being woken up by Rocco through the night or he only does it once; last night, he did it about four times. Argfa. Makes me want to wear chain mail to bed.

Posts: 105 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. I would have never considered wearing underwear of any type to sleep.

Then again, I wear as few clothes as possible, and didn't put anything on all day Sunday, except a bath-robe for the min I went out to get the paper.

Clothes suck.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages