snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » Sexual/Erotic song nominations (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sexual/Erotic song nominations
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always found Concrete Blonde to be very erotic for some reason. Not too sure why, but it might have something to do with the sultry, smokey voice of Johnette Napolitano. "Bloodletting" is dead sexy.

Eighties goth-rock is much sexier than most anything coming out lately. I don't recall who brought up Joy Division, but you hit it in one. Man, do I miss that decade...

Aura

P.S. Cervette - I really recommend you check out Concrete Blonde, I think a Janis Joplin fan would really appreciate their sound.

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bufungla
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 18 posted      Profile for bufungla   Author's Homepage   E-mail bufungla   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Posting only to correct the criminal omission of Madonna's Justify My Love and Erotic. I've seen dancing done to these songs that left me longing for a cigarette afterwards.

buf 'and I don't smoke' ungla

--------------------
"Pardon him. Theodotus: he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature."

George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra

Posts: 4847 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jay-Z sampled Justify My Love for Justify My Thug and peed on it. From a height.

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Freshman
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freshman   Author's Homepage   E-mail Freshman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A few I can think of:

Cover of China Girl by David Bowie: Holy christ, his voice is sexy on that. I get shudders at "Oh baby, just you shut your mouth"

Now I wanna be your dog- The stooges It's that desperation in Iggy Pop's voice

Ditto on Closer and Whole lotta love

--------------------
"High-Five!" - Borat

Posts: 1056 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nappy Solo
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nappy Solo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would agree on many of these, at least the ones I know. Sometimes sexy can be subtle. But, on the other hand, I would nominate:

Liz Phair's "Super Nova"

"you NFBSK like a volcano" is a line that always makes me smirk...

--------------------
Virtue is its own reward. But, then again, so is vice....

Posts: 167 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brrrtje

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brrrtje   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So how is that, then? He lies on his back smoking and when the woman complains he says 'I'm active'?
Posts: 142 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know who the artist was, but I heard a breathy woman singer cover "Help Me Make it Through the Night" and liked it.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love this topic! I've got a whole playlist titled "Sex-Type Music." Very good, steamy stuff. Some of the songs on my list include:

Sex-Type Game -- STP
Wicked Game -- either Chris Isaak or HIM's cover thereof
Gett Off -- Prince
Closer -- NIN (probably cliche, but what the hell)
You Can Leave Your Hat On -- both Joe Cocker and Randy Newman's versions (I like them both for different reasons)
Six Underground -- Sneaker Pimps
I Feel You -- Depeche Mode

The following three are by a band and artist probably most people haven't heard of, but if you can track these songs down, it will be well worth your time:

I Want you Tonight -- Sister Machine Gun
End of Me -- Sister Machine Gun
Satellite -- Chris Randall (lead singer for SMG, and not a cover of the Dave Matthews tune)

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brad from Georgia:
I don't know who the artist was, but I heard a breathy woman singer cover "Help Me Make it Through the Night" and liked it.

Gladys Knight did a cover of this song. I wonder if that was it? Probably so, her voice is like chocolate.

Aura

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
onein6billion
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onein6billion   E-mail onein6billion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now that I've actually had a chance to check out my music library:

"#1 Crush" - Garbage
"It's Been Awhile" - Staind
"With or Without You" - U2
"I Drove All Night" - Cyndi Lauper
"What Would Happen If We Kissed" - Meredith Brooks
"Dread Rock" - Oakenfold (from the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack)
"Control" - Puddle of Mudd

--------------------
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
"Divorce is not caused because 50% of marriages end in gayness." - Jon Stewart
my space on myspace--now showing "80's Video Of The Week"

Posts: 278 | From: Bel Air, MD | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PantsWeasel:
You Can Leave Your Hat On -- both Joe Cocker and Randy Newman's versions (I like them both for different reasons)

Have you heard Ty Herndon's version?

Also, I suggest another Herndon song called "No Mercy."

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zabia
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zabia   E-mail Zabia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astra:
quote:
Originally posted by PantsWeasel:

Have you heard Ty Herndon's version?
Total hijack, but Ty was one of my first crushes, and my super cool uncle introduced me to him. Poor Ty, I was so cute but about 10. However, I was totally in love.

I would also recommend Etta James version if you want a sexy female voice.

I also love Millie Jackson's "Feeling Like a Woman" or for a NSBSKyou but sexy is Millie's "Angel in Your Arms"

--------------------
We frettered around like farm animals, looking around for formulas and father figures. -Twilight Zone

Posts: 425 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Come With Me" by Rare Earth, (Ma album)
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andromeda Gal
Sebring-a-Ding-a-Ding

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andromeda Gal     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm probably the only one to find Tull tunes to be erotic, but I have to go with "Velvet Green".

Second would be their "Paradise Steakhouse", though the imagery in that one can be a bit strange.

--------------------
They do say that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork in your head. ~Edmund Blackadder, Esq.

Posts: 8 | From: Northern VA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages