snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » Good and bad love making songs (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Good and bad love making songs
Freshman
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freshman   Author's Homepage   E-mail Freshman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
post your opinions

mine:

Bad: Closer by Nine Inch nails. On one hand, the lyric, "You bring me closer to god" may work on your significant other, but lines like "I wanna NFBSK you like an animal" and "You let me violate you" will make em call the cops

good: In your eyes by Peter Gabriel , sweet, relaxing song that's perfect to play on a beautiful night while sitting outside.. or something

--------------------
"High-Five!" - Borat

Posts: 1056 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Towknie   E-mail Towknie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good -- Bolero

Bad -- Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw by Jimmy Buffett

--------------------
Towknie: Ryda-certified as wonderful, enlighted, and rational.

Posts: 1011 | From: Frisco, TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Missus Bee
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missus Bee   E-mail Missus Bee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
wow.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

ETA: I meant I disagree with HSSenior.

That's what makes the world go 'round though, right?

[Wink]

Posts: 19 | From: Key Largo, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dawnshadow
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawnshadow   E-mail Dawnshadow   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Very, very bad: "You and me, baby, ain't nothin' but mammals..."
Posts: 131 | From: Newark, OH | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Towknie   E-mail Towknie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why do I get the feeling the bad songs will overwhelmingly dominate this topic?

--------------------

Posts: 1011 | From: Frisco, TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There's this one piece that keeps being used in sex scenes in the movies, with this ultra-deep voice that says, "Oh, yeah!" over and over again. And I swear that if a man ever puts that song on to get frisky with me, I'll be having sweetbreads for breakfast next morning.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rainmom
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rainmom     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Making love to any song fromthis album would give me the creeps.

Same goes for anything by Kenny G.

I guess I'm not a "smooth kinda lovin'" gal.

Rain"you shook me all night long"mom

Posts: 348 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 505 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree with Closer being a bad song just because imo its a cliche and all the goths and emo kids nbsk to it and think they are the first to do it.

Good: I prefer instrumentals and Buckethead does very nicely for that.

Bad: Anything thats been done to death or novelty songs.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rainmom
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rainmom     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by our next contestant, Nonny Mouse:
There's this one piece that keeps being used in sex scenes in the movies, with this ultra-deep voice that says, "Oh, yeah!" over and over again. And I swear that if a man ever puts that song on to get frisky with me, I'll be having sweetbreads for breakfast next morning.

Nonny

"Oh Yeah" by Yello? Is it the same song from the end of Ferris Bueler's Day Off?

Rainmom

Posts: 348 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off, so I couldn't tell you if it's the same song. The word "beautiful" is also repeated a lot if that's worth anything.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rainmom
Deck the Malls

quote:
Originally posted by our next contestant, Nonny Mouse:
I've never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off, so I couldn't tell you if it's the same song. The word "beautiful" is also repeated a lot if that's worth anything.

Nonny

Yup, that's it...i am listening to it as I type this! I just downloaded it.

BTW, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a classic...very 80's and funny. My 12 year old loves it.

Rainmom

Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good: The Flamingos...in fact, that whole CD has a special place in my collection. [Big Grin] The Moody Blues' Live at Red Rocks is pretty good too. And anything by Enya, naturally.

Bad: Pretty much anything you'll find on a lovesong compilation CD, in my experience.

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
violetbon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for violetbon   E-mail violetbon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I second "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.. but it has to be the live 11 minute version, the one with all the African kind of beats and yeah ee ah ee ah's in it.

And I'll cast a cheesey vote for "Almost Paradise" since that was the first song I ever parked to, waaaaay back in the day.

Posts: 193 | From: Seymour, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good: Enya, Loreena McKennitt, soft trance music, flutes and harps, soft Celtic or Norse music.

Bad: That Pepto-Bismol commercial where they're singing about diarrhea. (We've learned to turn the TV off when getting in the mood!) Also screaming death metal.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Towknie
We Three Blings

Never tried it, but how 'bout the 1812 overture with it's cannon shots in the finale?

Tow "too much testosterone" knie

--------------------

martin-at-work

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martin-at-work   E-mail martin-at-work   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
1812 Overture!? That's 15 minutes long!

How about "Fist F###" by 'John The Baker and The Malnourished' from the album "Music is Stupid. We Like Noise!" Measures in at one-oh-seven.

"Oh Yeah" by Yellow was also in "The Secret Of My Success".

Posts: 183 | From: Brisbane, Oz. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
martin-at-work

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martin-at-work   E-mail martin-at-work   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
We've learned to turn the TV off when getting in the mood!

But what do you watch then?
Posts: 183 | From: Brisbane, Oz. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably any music that I don't select would be bad. My favorite for making love is Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here."

Most of the time, though, I prefer no music and definitely no television! Definitely no tv! Should I say it again? You want to watch tv? Fine, I'll be over here doing my nails.

ETA: I have a lot of nerve participating in this thread when it's been so long I can't possibly recall what I like or don't like, during. [Smile]

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
martin-at-work

quote:
Originally posted by tagurit:
ETA: I have a lot of nerve participating in this thread when it's been so long I can't possibly recall what I like or don't like, during. [Smile]

Couldn't you refresh your memory by watching the videos you made [Smile]
Canuckistan

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bad: Anything by a boy band. Yikes.

Good: Anita Baker. Anything jazzy. Most trance music. Most stuff from the 19th century (Rachmaninoff's Vocalise is one of the most intense pieces of music I know.)

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
A Man of Wealth and Taste
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Man of Wealth and Taste   Author's Homepage   E-mail A Man of Wealth and Taste   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I can't think of many "bad" songs... even songs like "Closer" or "The Bad Touch" (you and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals...) have their place, although for a lot or songs that place is in an established relationship with a partner who has a sense of humor. [Smile]

But I'd have to say my favorite song for this is The Faint - Glass Danse. It's not the lyrics, but... just listen to it and tell me I'm wrong. [Wink]

--------------------
Pleased to meet you. Hope you guessed my name.

"You might call this my dark side, but I wouldn't put it that way exactly. It's my only side."
-Me

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania/Alaska | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good: Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet.

Bad: John Cage's 4′33″.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by martin-at-work:
quote:
Originally posted by tagurit:

Couldn't you refresh your memory by watching the videos you made [Smile]
There were videos made? [Eek!] Are they any good?

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gg83
Deck the Malls

Icon 104 posted      Profile for Gg83         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Theodorakis:
Bad: John Cage's 4′33″.

I dunno. At the very least, it would be an interesting rendition! I suppose it could part of a stage performance as well, but that might somewhat defeat the intent.

--------------------
More Snape in drag. Seriously, man, that just improves any book. Like, A Tale of Two Cities? TEN TIMES BETTER if Madame Defarge is really Snape in drag with a bad knitting habit.

Posts: 241 | From: Land of Lincoln, IL | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
YeeMum
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 02 posted      Profile for YeeMum   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have said it before Marc Broussard has a great voice and some great stuff.Yes does too
Bad...any comedy album (of course)
Zed Lepplin just anoys me (but that may just be me)
And if you can NFBSK to Ozzy I ..(deleted for content)
YMMV
ETDelete an extra letter

--------------------
Contact me for discounts
Charter member WNDMDC
"I am putting you on hold now.Listen to the elevator music and LIKE it."~My 'J'

Posts: 1816 | From: NE, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
charlie23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie23   Author's Homepage   E-mail charlie23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Violent Femmes "Add It Up" jumps to mind immediately.
Posts: 156 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spooky Cactus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spooky Cactus   E-mail Spooky Cactus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good:

Wings Hi Hi Hi
Badfinger Rock of All Ages
Beatles Revolution 1 (sounds like somebody's NFBSKing at the end of it)

Bad:

The Beatles Her Majesty (23 seconds long)

--------------------
'When the world is dead and gone, we will still be Rocking On!' (J.P.McCartney)

Posts: 154 | From: Yorkshire, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Who needs music? I'd rather listen to the natural soundtrack...

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nappy Solo

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nappy Solo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No Doubt's "Hella Good" tops my list...

Bad - radio with commercials - ugh!

--------------------
Virtue is its own reward. But, then again, so is vice....

Posts: 167 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 04 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
Bad: Anything by a boy band. Yikes.

Good: Anita Baker. Anything jazzy. Most trance music. Most stuff from the 19th century (Rachmaninoff's Vocalise is one of the most intense pieces of music I know.)

Yes, I like just about anything "jazzy". Anita Baker, Sade, Amel Larrieux... I like R&B, but not so much like that CD rainmom posted. [lol]

ETA: a name

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Darth Mikey
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darth Mikey   E-mail Darth Mikey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No music for us. It's too hard to hear the kids when they come walking in... [Eek!]

--------------------
Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise.

-Rat Thing B782

Posts: 250 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Peter Gabriel's So is a great lovemaking album.

For bad: anything by Frontline Assembly, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Rammstein.

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Griffin at the Maul
Joyeux New Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Griffin at the Maul     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Musical Waffles

--------------------
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Posts: 782 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ophiuchus
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ophiuchus   E-mail Ophiuchus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bad: Probably any kind of break-up song, especially ones about cheating...
Posts: 411 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ophiuchus:
Bad: Probably any kind of break-up song, especially ones about cheating...

Even while you're cheating? That seems like it has the potential to go either way.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages