snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » NFBSK Gone Wild! » Soccer & Swingers Don't Mix

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Soccer & Swingers Don't Mix
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

Here's a story about a group of young soccer players booked into the same hotel as a party of 200 "swingers." Needless to say, the parents of the young soccer players were not impressed [Big Grin]

quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Some teenage players and their parents got to see more than they bargained for while attending a Disney soccer showcase, all courtesy of about 200 swingers who were having a New Year's party at their hotel.

Paul Camporini brought his wife, seventh-grade daughter and eighth-grade son from Safety Harbor, Fla., and said he had to "delicately explain to my Catholic school children that swingers change partners during the evening."

"My biggest gripe is that the hotel had two distinctly different groups under the same roof," said Camporini, 49. "A soccer team and middle-aged swingers should not have been booked together."

The families said the sexually adventurous partygoers sometimes flashed breasts and bare buttocks in front of the children as they sashayed through the hotel atrium. The parents described the dress at the Crowne Plaza Hotel-Airport in Orlando as "raunchy, despicable and worse than prostitutes."

"We thought we were coming to Orlando, not the Las Vegas Strip," said Mark Gilbert, the father of a boy who plays on the Clearwater Chargers, a group of 13-under players from Florida.

The teams booked the $92-a-night rooms for Disney's Soccer Showcase, and said hotel management did not tell them about the swingers' party or try to keep the partygoers away from the children.

Hotel managers did not immediately respond to a call seeking comment Tuesday. All of the swingers had checked out of the hotel by late Sunday.

"We're not prudes by any means," said Rob Young of Greenville, S.C., who said his two daughters, Leah, 13 and Lauren, 11, asked questions he struggled to answer. "We would have liked to have been informed when we checked into the hotel so we could have made other arrangements.

"The kids could see through the glass atrium into the ballroom where naked people were dancing. There were exposed breasts, thongs and see-through dresses on women who were not wearing any underwear."

Young said he complained to hotel management and to John Hollis, an off-duty Orlando police officer hired by the hotel for a New Year's Eve security detail. He said neither did anything to help.

Lieut. John Mina, a watch commander for the Orlando Police Department, said Hollis didn't witness anything illegal.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "And here I played soccer for five years and got nothing" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, who wants to bet the players were sharing many jokes about balls, scoring and team play during the evening?

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bufungla
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bufungla   Author's Homepage   E-mail bufungla   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Paul Camporini brought his wife, seventh-grade daughter and eighth-grade son from Safety Harbor, Fla., and said he had to "delicately explain to my Catholic school children that swingers change partners during the evening."

"My biggest gripe is that the hotel had two distinctly different groups under the same roof," said Camporini, 49. "A soccer team and middle-aged swingers should not have been booked together."

That may just beat what I saw during the big Promise Keepers convention in DC, where a large group of Promise Keepers were booked into a hotel where a convention of gay country/western nightclub owners and DJs was being held. From what I could tell in this case, however, the Promise Keepers saw a bunch of clean-cut, well-groomed men in cowboy outfits and didn't think anything was amiss.

quote:
Originally posted by Oualawouzou:
Ok, who wants to bet the players were sharing many jokes about balls, scoring and team play during the evening?

"Balls to your partner, backs against the wall ..."

buf 'if you can't get shagged at a swingers club, you can't get shagged at all' ungla

--------------------
"Pardon him. Theodotus: he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature."

George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra

Posts: 4847 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fordo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordo   E-mail Fordo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ieuan ab Arthur:
Hi All:

quote:
The families said the sexually adventurous partygoers sometimes flashed breasts and bare buttocks in front of the children as they sashayed through the hotel atrium.

Why does this never happen when I'm at hotels? [Big Grin]

I know, I know.... [fish]

Posts: 295 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Trust me people... swingers clubs are rarely full of beautiful people with great bodies... it's usually quite the opposite. You aren't missing anything. I worked at one before (helped out a friend who was selling his leather stuff, nothing crazy). Great food, scary people.

You know, if you flash an 11 yr old on a bus, you get arrested and have to become a registered sex offender. If you do it at a hotel during a swingers party where the people are paying to be there, management goes "Oops, sorry about that" and the security guy didn't see anything. If I were the hotel owners, I'd be pissed, but, then again, I put morals before money.

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pob14
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pob14     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My question is, did the hotel have any reason to know about the swingers group? I mean, do you call up the hotel and say, "hi, we need 100 rooms for March 5, and by the way, we all NFSBK each other, so could you keep the soccer groups out that weekend"?

This is not to deny that if they were flashing minors, they should go to jail. But somehow that part smells just a little bit of "midfielder tells goalie who tells striker who tells Mom," and the story may have improved just a bit in the telling.

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 576 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MapMaker
Maximillian Andorra

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MapMaker   Author's Homepage   E-mail MapMaker   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nocturnal Goddess: The Masquerade:
Trust me people... swingers clubs are rarely full of beautiful people with great bodies... it's usually quite the opposite. You aren't missing anything. I worked at one before (helped out a friend who was selling his leather stuff, nothing crazy). Great food, scary people.

Couldn't agree more. I have been to a club in Charlotte and it's quite an experience. You see all sorts of people who are sexually free within the walls of the club. I have also been to a swinger party that was held in a hotel. They did a decent job at closing off access to non-registered members but there were still drunken morons flashing their junk all over the lobby.

--------------------
"I'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" -Stephen Colbert

Posts: 468 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeachLife
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 211 posted      Profile for BeachLife   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeachLife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pob14:
My question is, did the hotel have any reason to know about the swingers group? I mean, do you call up the hotel and say, "hi, we need 100 rooms for March 5, and by the way, we all NFSBK each other, so could you keep the soccer groups out that weekend"?

This is not to deny that if they were flashing minors, they should go to jail. But somehow that part smells just a little bit of "midfielder tells goalie who tells striker who tells Mom," and the story may have improved just a bit in the telling.

I'm sure the swingers were probably pretty clear with hotel management before they booked thier rooms. One can't just assume a hotel will allows such things and swingers are far from bashful when it comes to explaining what they do.

--------------------
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Jack Dragon, On Being a Dragon
Confessions of a Dragon's scribe
Diary of my Heart Surgery

Posts: 12094 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages